IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I am summer veggie obsessed, at the moment.   We're having fried ham slices, macaroni, butter peas, fresh corn on the cob, and 2 pans of oven roasted veggies (baby potatoes, okra, asparagus, squash, cherry tomatoes).   I love summer meals.

There must be a multitude of koalas because that's a lot of food! Since it's just Mr Nova and I, I don't usually make more than two sides for an entree. I don't like too many leftovers and it feels silly to make little dabs of this and that for two people.

Tonight's dinner is salmon and pea tendrils with lemon dill sauce. Mr Nova is allergic to fish so he has his with shrimp. Dessert is grilled bourbon peaches with vanilla ice cream.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made chicken Parmesan tonight, but it took so much out of me! I was exhausted by suppertime. The little Bonkers and I picked blueberries and blackberries today and I canned up 4 half-pints of blueberry lemon jam plus I tried a new recipe for blackberry jam (WITH VANILLA AND BOURBON).

Survey says, it was a success.

Mr. Bonkers says I need to sell my jam at the farmer's market.

She now has more comments than Dale an Matt usually get. I bet they have really been monitoring their tactics and she is trying to apply what Matt does. Matt posts his same post several times a day and its annoying as hell to follow conversations.  They also both allow a lot of dissenting comments. 

LOL...a loaded question!! Its obvious to us, yes he should help!! But nope this woman says...get the children to keep the house before you dare ask him. 

IGhusbandhelphousework.PNG

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori's leghumpers rarely bring up things like health insurance when they talk about working moms.  I bet if a working mom told Lori that she was working for health and dental insurance and money to help with other bills- Lori would probably say that" it's a man's duty to provide for everything". She fails to see that some self-employed people have a hard time getting and paying for health insurance. I doubt she knows how much Ken pays for insurance. Also, some workplaces don't offer certain benefits.

I might be less aware if we hadn’t had a year of substantial medical needs in 2013. Three out of the four of us had surgery, and only one was planned. I am fully aware that what we experienced could have ruined us financially. 

My self-employed husband would not be able to secure the level of insurance at the very affordable rate I pay. 

We desperately need true healthcare reform in this country. I pray I live to see the day it arrives- unfortunately, many in this country disagree. 

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

This was intentional- as evidenced by the increase in likes/followers overnight, and her sharing that post three times. 

I'm convinced it's all intentional. Dunno about everyone else, but I'm through trying to assume the best about her. She calls us all Jezebels who hate God, I have no problem calling her a heartless bitch who wants everyone else to be as miserable as she is. 

Brace yourself. 

https://thetransformedwife.com/blessings-in-the-midst-of-viral-posts/

As many of you have noticed on my Facebook page, my viral post has gone viral again. Each year at this time, it goes viral and I receive many hateful comments with a few good ones thrown in. Most in our culture hate the ways of the Lord but in the midst of the ugliness, there are some wonderful comments I receive from women who have found my blog because of the viral post and love it. What those who hate God intend for evil, God uses for good!"

That is not how it works! Your post doesn't go viral every year on your anniversary without you having a hand in it. What this clearly means is that every year on the anniversary she pays a boatload of money to boost her post and bring out the naysayers so she can play victim.

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

I'm convinced it's all intentional. Dunno about everyone else, but I'm through trying to assume the best about her. She calls us all Jezebels who hate God, I have no problem calling her a heartless bitch who wants everyone else to be as miserable as she is. 

Yes, I'll drink to that. She is up 6K followers in 2 days.  All followers who hate her no doubt, but that doesn't matter. She just wants to be able to boast "43K people like me". 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Regarding the breastfeeding post:

Did I tell ya'll about the time I subbed for a high school parenting class? The teacher left me a video on breastfeeding. I admit I felt awkward and was wondering how the boys would react. They hardly even paid attention. 

From Lori's shit-tastic blog:

"One time someone said, “I want to be a stay at home mom like you so I can do nothing all day,” and it floored me that she thought that’s what I did. I promise she could not juggle the hundreds of duties I handle every day."

"One time someone said..." I'm willing to bet money this never happened. This woman handles hundreds of duties every day. Hundreds. Stretching the truth a bit, are we? And of course, she promises that no other woman could be as great as her and handle the hundreds of duties. Lori's anonymous poster has found the right blog for her. She'll feel right at home with the other woman who suffer from imaginary persecution.

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

There must be a multitude of koalas because that's a lot of food! 

:pb_lol: There are only 5 Koalas (2 teenagers/my husband/Koala-puppy/and myself).  Koala-puppy has Precious Moments eyes, so there's no turning him away when he asks for bites of what we're having. 

That said, it *sounds* like a lot, but by the time the vegetables are cooked down, we can put it away pretty quickly.

Spoiler

1909425298_fresh1.jpg.8e8ec43db76d695cc7cb2f1f083d37e7.jpg

Spoiler

295687760_fresh2.jpg.e0af3fa5823c72581adacf1dd7f57a6b.jpg

Those two pans are 100% gone.  Devoured. 

There were 2 pieces of corn on the cob leftover (I cooked 8).  The macaroni had a decent amount leftover (that's where Koala Puppy came in...it's one of his favorites).  The butter peas also had a good bit left over (I saved it to go with something else tomorrow).  The ham, I only cook the number of slices we will eat...the rest will be served with biscuits and scrambled eggs for tomorrow's breakfast.

I haven't always enjoyed cooking.  In fact, Koala-husband did most of the cooking for the first 15 years (he LOVES to cook).  I took over several years back, when he was having some health problems, but It's only in the last couple of years, that I have really started to enjoy it, and feel confident in what I serve.  I like to cook big, southern dinners, and put it all in pretty serving dishes (I LOVE the Pioneer Woman Flea Market line, and have collected quite a few of the pieces).  I am hoping that once the Koala-babies fly the nest, the promise of Mom's big meals will bring them back to visit a lot.  :my_heart:  Either way, I like the idea of them having memories of family dinners around our farm table.  

Side note- Corn on the cob is CRAZY cheap right now.  4 for $1.  

@Koala, it's midnight, and I'm drooling over your dinner photos like it's 6pm and I haven't eaten all day! :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Briefly said:

It's one of our favorites around the Briefly household.  My daughter loves to quote the line "a Llama, he's supposed to be dead" at inappropriate moments and I love the part where the one guy (I can't remember his name) is telling Kuzco that his wife crocheted his poncho.

lol.  Those scenes are great.  My favorite is when they are tied to the tree hurtling down the river and they are calmly talking about the situation like....  "Let me guess. We're about to go over a huge waterfall."  "Yep."  "Large sharp jagged rocks at the bottom?" "Most probably."............ "Bring it on."  :laughing-lettersrofl:   Also, Eartha Kitt as Yzma..........

12 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

LOL...a loaded question!! Its obvious to us, yes he should help!! But nope this woman says...get the children to keep the house before you dare ask him. 

IGhusbandhelphousework.PNG

"If it's not his natural inclination to help" 

Holy fuckcicles, I'm amazed at how angry that phrase just made me. 

Last year, between late August and early February, I had four separate surgeries. They were pretty brutal, and the recovery was tough. I wasn't completely incapacitated, but I sure as heck wasn't at my normal level. My kids are indeed old enough to take on some of the housework -- but they also had school, which, in my family, is a major priority. (My kids always have chores, however, because my philosophy is "if you live here, then you help here"). Anyway -- my husband really had to pick up my share of the housework quite a bit. He's not at all naturally inclined to housework, but what kind of absolutely turdsucker would he be if he looked at me, recovering from several surgeries, and said, "Nah, I'm not inclined to help"???

These women go on and on about how superior their men are, how much their men deserve respect and so on, but then they go and make their husbands sound like the biggest assfaces on the planet. 

I'd NEVER portray my husband in such a way, filthy feminist that I am. Not only is he not an assface, but I also respect him far too much to want to denigrate him publicly like that.

Take a lesson, Lori Clones. 

12 hours ago, Frog99 said:

My self-employed husband would not be able to secure the level of insurance at the very affordable rate I pay. 

We desperately need true healthcare reform in this country. I pray I live to see the day it arrives- unfortunately, many in this country disagree. 

Oh, agree agree agree! 

My husband's former employer offered health insurance, but we had to pay about $500 a month for the privilege. I am self-employed, and insurance would be exorbitant were I to buy it on the market. Premiums are unreal for many Americans, but living without health insurance is effectively living without health care. We really do need healthcare reform. 

(His new job's health coverage is 100 percent employer paid, which is such a huge relief and a burden off our shoulders). 

She seriously just made ANOTHER post (on FB) about going VIRAL!  

Lori, you pathetic woman, go see to your mother.  Stop begging (and paying) the internet for attention.  It's making you look silly.

This is how Lori REALLY spends her days as a "godly older woman".  All of these posts were made in approx. 48 hours:

Spoiler

1965673602_viral1.PNG.429326069255be534d0a8a2ed9f64e77.PNG

Spoiler

1769523661_viral2.PNG.173b4ce7dee09522e2bd60d01870fce1.PNG

Spoiler

2130495026_viral4.PNG.1c1c8f10e404ea54632419533927a4fa.PNG

Spoiler

268124050_viral5.PNG.61afd034ac7b51dfe36d0bf33b9960d1.PNG

Spoiler

599887486_viral6.PNG.1b68bf4b6b1291248bde3c7d831ee2ab.PNG

2 hours ago, polecat said:

These women go on and on about how superior their men are, how much their men deserve respect and so on, but then they go and make their husbands sound like the biggest assfaces on the planet. 

I'll take my "non-biblical" marriage over their "biblical" marriages any day. Got up this morning, hubs handed me a cup of coffee with the creamer I like. He does the lion's share of the housework, between my fucked up back and returning to work full time, he has more time to do it. I will be paying most of the bills again and we'll be using "his" money for savings and entertainment. We even have separate checking accounts!!! 

It goes beyond saying men shouldn't have to do housework. If you see a person who's a member of your family who is sick, exhausted and stressed, whatever and you are unwilling to help, you are an asshole to the max. Seriously, you are a terrible person. Man or woman, being "unwilling" or "not inclined" to help someone who obviously needs it and especially if it's your own family member or friend, that's just horrible. 

If I was with someone and he refused to help me when I was sick because he's "not inclined to help", that relationship would end. 

My dinner is going to be some leftover aged tofu and hot and sour soup from the local Chinese restaurant. I've been in a lot of pain last couple days so didn't want to cook. Not feeling up for it tonight either so it's leftovers. 

@polecat I'm sorry you had to go through that. I had one major surgery and it was a year before I felt like myself again. Four is just insane. I hope you're feeling better now. With that said, your creative language cracked me up. I've never heard the word "turdsucker" but I know a few people who fit the bill. "Assface" is good, too. I'm stealing them.

Lori's marriage reeks of bitterness, disgust, and dysfunction. These people have no idea what a loving marriage truly is. It's very sad. A husband who thinks housework or childcare is beneath him knows NOTHING about loving and serving like Jesus. 

I love Mr. EW more every day and am so glad I married my best friend and we walk through life as equals. 

She has posted another doodle. Its one of her more controversial ones from a long time ago. She is purposefully posting things to get them more riled up. She is loving this. Almost 10K new followers now. 

No comments yet though on her blog post. 

I've been feeling terrible for about two weeks. Side effects from medication have made me worse rather than better. Mr. 05 has gone for takeout twice. He has done all the dishes alone several nights. He has vacuumed and done some other cleaning (except the other cleaning is stuff he always does anyway). He has grilled part of dinner and heated up leftovers for the rest three different nights and will do it again tonight. 

He's out running an errand right now, but when he gets back I'll be sure to tell him that we should have called some women from church to come over and take care of all of that instead. (And I'm sure that call to church would have been met with complete confusion and the question of why Mr. 05 can't do anything). 

Even KB Davies is getting annoyed. His latest comment is "yes Lori, we've noticed"

@Jessesgirl25 I see you are new here. Zero reputation. Welcome Lori fangirl!

I still wonder how this "perfect prescription" justifies the level of a woman's intellect. She can say that women are not on par in any way with men but that's a proven falsehood. If it were true & God made women so inferior not a single one would be able absorb information beyond a very specific level.  "Exceptions", as they call them, wouldn't exist.  

How far do these perfect roles go? Should a woman be able to problem solve a seemingly broken vacuum? Or would that small level of mechanical know how open the door to a higher level of understanding & thus make her closer to independence? Or is she just supposed to find another way to perfectly clean the floor and leave the vacuum for her husband to sort out? That means no matter what he does in life, the male should have perfect problem solving skills on everything.

Also, education. They insist that homeschooling is part of moms daily agenda. How is a person who's supposed to be of limited intelligence educate male children? Female children would be easy, all they need to know is housekeeping & child bearing. But male children have to be mentally prepared to learn a skill or *gasp* go to college (assuming they would like to have doctors, accountants, or orthodontists in their world).  

There are just so many questions she can't/won't answer. 

As per usual, her privilege is showing & she's being a total attention whore. Watch that pride Lori, it's one of the seven deadly sins. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived