IGNORED

Seewalds 34: No News Yet

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

I'm willing to bet my 'good' eye that only the boys were allowed to rough house. 

Na I think the girls could until they were about ten or at least Joy was allowed. she may have been a special circumstance though since there were the four older girls and then Joy was smacked in the middle of a bunch of boys. then the four younger girls. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bag from Whole Paycheck  Foods... This family must be getting decent money from the show, or Bin's mystery job provides really well.

We call Whole Foods,Whole Paycheck,too...lol.

Personally,I prefer Trader Joes.I know it would not be an option if you don't have one,local to you.

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

A bag from Whole Paycheck  Foods... This family must be getting decent money from the show, or Bin's mystery job provides really well.

Possibly. Some people only shop there for a few items they have trouble finding elsewhere... or because they have an unnatural life for their veggie sushi... 

... now I want their veggie sushi... :pb_lol:

But seriously, they may not get too many items from Whole Foods. It’s also possible that someone else may have brought it over too. Jessa has mentioned previously that they’ve used the preorder service at Walmart, so I’d guess they shop there for most of their stuff. 

I believe they played with boxes, bags, etc. they're free. When I was young my parents didn't have much money and I wanted a play house. They made me one out of a refrigerator box! Complete with curtains made from an old table cloth, a shoe box for a mail box, a door bell that was a bell off an old bike, I even had fake flower boxes under my windows. I thought it was the best thing ever! Now I don't see them putting that much work into it but I think they'd prefer that over buying a toy.

I havent been to a WF in years but I though that since their deal with Amazon the prices were supposed to go down a bit. Or was that just what people were hoping?

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Spurg in a bag. Another long post and obvious lies about Michelle. :laughing-rollingyellow:

I can't roll my eyes hard enough about the caption. :pb_rollseyes: But hoooooly shit, that kid is so freaking adorable, I can't even. :romance-hearteyes:

Perhaps one of the humpers dropped off canned goods :D that or she went on the side of the road and just picked up the bag....jessa spending money at whole foods and not get getting anything from them $ is not believable :D

You can’t tell me Jim Bob has set his little girls up somehow. They don’t do without the nicer things now.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:09 PM, Shadoewolf said:

https://www.gofundme.com/blessing-for-scott-and-teresa

So he loses his ability to prescribe, gets suspended and his wife practices as a midwife illegally and that warrants a $50,000 GFM? Meechelle ($500) and Jessa ($200) are the only donations so far. 

That fundraiser ended up with only 3 donations totaling $950 of the $50,000 goal and is no longer accepting donations. 

There must have been a significant backlash, including someone who said, "When did 'Go Fund Me' become 'Go Fund my Poor Life Choices.'"

Karma. :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

You can’t tell me Jim Bob has set his little girls up somehow. They don’t do without the nicer things now.

See that's why I think the TLC money is paid to some sort of JB/TLC arranged Duggar Trust (cough-minimize the taxes-cough). JB controls and doles out the money as he sees fit. I also would love to know what the Dillards have to do to generate Duggar Money, now that they are no longer on the show??? Did Jill get told that she need to start hitting IG and the Dillard Family Blog, hard to earn their keep? Are the Dillards living in some sort of school sponsored apartment??? What will happen when DD's course is complete?

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

That fundraiser ended up with only 3 donations totaling $950 of the $50,000 goal and is no longer accepting donations. 

There must have been a significant backlash, including someone who said, "When did 'Go Fund Me' become 'Go Fund my Poor Life Choices.'"

Karma. :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

Not to mention that two of those three donations were from Michelle and Jessa. :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

See that's why I think the TLC money is paid to some sort of JB/TLC arranged Duggar Trust (cough-minimize the taxes-cough). JB controls and doles out the money as he sees fit. I also would love to know what the Dillards have to do to generate Duggar Money, now that they are no longer on the show??? Did Jill get told that she need to start hitting IG and the Dillard Family Blog, hard to earn their keep? Are the Dillards living in some sort of school sponsored apartment??? What will happen when DD's course is complete?

I think they are still living in this house. now if it's a JB property or a school property or they bought it I'm not sure.  I'm pretty sure Josh is still getting cash from JB plus a job so JB's little JIlly muffin is doubtfully cut off completely. 

It's a school property. At least, that entire compound is either owned or leased by the church/school outfit. It's a bunch of duplexes and a community building. Used to be an assisted living facility.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that Jesse shops at Whole Foods, at least occasionally. Whole Foods prices are actually pretty good if you stick to their house brand staples and in season produce. Meat and processed foods are pricier, mostly because they have higher minimum standards for animal welfare and there are some food additives they will not sell (that is not to say they don’t sell junk food, it’s just junk food with natural food dyes instead of synthetic). When I moved from NC to Baltimore, my rent doubled in price, but my grocery budget stayed the same, despite changing from a mid-range suburban mega market to a full time Whole Foods shopper (it was the only grocery store within walking distance of my apartment, and I don’t drive). 

On 6/20/2018 at 1:27 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Na I think the girls could until they were about ten or at least Joy was allowed. she may have been a special circumstance though since there were the four older girls and then Joy was smacked in the middle of a bunch of boys. then the four younger girls. 

Yea, they, surprisingly, are less worried about sex roles with toys and play with pre-puberty kids than even some mainstream people. 

Girls, especially Joy, doing lots of rough housing, go-carts, active things with all those brothers she was in the middle of. 

But you also see the little boys playing with the toy kitchen or pushing a doll stroller. 

With Jackson, in particular, they seemed to be very open. They lumped him in with the little girls at least until the end of 19 Kids and counting. He even slept in their room. And that’s despite his having close in age brothers. 

I’m sure they’d draw the line at dress-up, or similar, but they seem ok with the usual range of childhood activities by both boys and girls until puberty.

On 6/21/2018 at 2:50 AM, Daisy0322 said:

I believe they played with boxes, bags, etc. they're free. When I was young my parents didn't have much money and I wanted a play house. They made me one out of a refrigerator box! Complete with curtains made from an old table cloth, a shoe box for a mail box, a door bell that was a bell off an old bike, I even had fake flower boxes under my windows. I thought it was the best thing ever! Now I don't see them putting that much work into it but I think they'd prefer that over buying a toy.

My 4yo has a room full of toys- cars, assorted paw patrol crap, a play kitchen i built complete with sink... it's like a toyshop exploded in his room. 

I got my hands on a huge fridge box and made a house, also with windows and curtains, and a lookout (a second box attached to the top where he could stand and look out those windows). I glued pictures inside like paintings and he played with that box for a good 2weeks until it started collapsing on itself. 

They really appreciate the simple things, imaginative little monsters 

A couple of the noisy toys went “missing”* today because mama had a migraine. Lil Unavailable didn’t even notice because a spoon, a block, and a diaper box were enough to keep her fully engrossed for a solid 30 minutes. I have absolutely no idea what was going through her mind the whole time but it’s always great when the simple stuff is entertaining! 

*relocated to the Toy Protection Program 

@Joyfully_Unavailable That warmed my little heart! It reminded me how I and my twin brother loved sitting and playing in laundry baskets till we were like 8 just because it entertained us because sometimes noisy toys just didn't do the job.

5 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

A couple of the noisy toys went “missing”* today because mama had a migraine. Lil Unavailable didn’t even notice because a spoon, a block, and a diaper box were enough to keep her fully engrossed for a solid 30 minutes. I have absolutely no idea what was going through her mind the whole time but it’s always great when the simple stuff is entertaining! 

When we were children toys with a sound often sadly only lasted one day till the batteries ran out. Unfortunately you couldn’t replace them....... I sometimes don’t know if my parents were geniuses or just mean :worship:

8 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

This totally cracks me up - I must remember to tell my cousin, she has a 2yr old and thus far is the last child to be born so all the aunties, uncles and rellies have been buying him loads of noisy toys! She curses alot! 

@kiwi, be sure to tell your cousin about the "chocolate taxes" that parents can collect, too. When my kids get a bunch of candy all at the same time (Easter, Christmas, Halloween), I consider myself fully justified in taking a small percentage of their loot for myself. :my_biggrin:

15 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

A couple of the noisy toys went “missing”m* today because mama had a migraine. Lil Unavailable didn’t even notice because a spoon, a block, and a diaper box were enough to keep her fully engrossed for a solid 30 minutes. I have absolutely no idea what was going through her mind the whole time but it’s always great when the simple stuff is entertaining! 

My mum bought my oldest nephew a toy washing machine that is noisier than our actual washing machine, my youngest nephew found it the other day and was playing with it. It may or may not end up in the charity shop next time I take things.

3 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@kiwi, be sure to tell your cousin about the "chocolate taxes" that parents can collect, too. When my kids get a bunch of candy all at the same time (Easter, Christmas, Halloween), I consider myself fully justified in taking a small percentage of their loot for myself. :my_biggrin:

I had to laugh at this one...we straight up tell our kids that there are Mommy and Daddy Taxes on those sorts of things... ;)

I’m a mostly Whole Foods shopper because it’s biking distance from my house and it’s better then the other local places.  We’ve had to cut meat consumption (because my body slurps up cholesterol like it’s goin out of style), and my grocery bill is about the same as it was at Kroger. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived