IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 7: Asking For Thoughts and Chairs

Georgiana

okay folks,

If you hike and are accustomed to getting a call from nature when it's most inconvenient and if, like me, you hate having to carry a trowel  and desperately holding everything in as you frantically dig a cathole, these things are priceless. https://www.amazon.com/Cleanwaste-Toilet-Bag-DIY-pack/dp/B009A6VM1G

(I wonder if one enters the amazon website via one of the Maxwell's affiliate links, and then browses to and purchases a different pocket, do they still get a dividend? Do they know what it is that you bought? Because there are some things I need that I don't think they'd approve of.)

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

(I wonder if one enters the amazon website via one of the Maxwell's affiliate links, and then browses to and purchases a different pocket, do they still get a dividend? Do they know what it is that you bought? Because there are some things I need that I don't think they'd approve of.)

They won't know who bought what, but they'll know what was bought, and yes, they'll get money for it.

Re: MLMs in Utah and making less than minimum from home: Sad, sad reality is that many families can't afford the childcare needed for both parents to work full time (using 2-parent households here, but this also applies to single parent households), and also can't afford to lose an entire income.  So that sub-minimum wage might actually be more than that parent would earn from another job when factoring out childcare costs, especially for multiple kids.  I've got marketable skills, but childcare for my own kids would wipe out whatever I'd earn from another employer.  I'm freelancing and earn a lot more than minimum, but if I didn't have my skills, it would be taking whatever entry-level job I could  find just to sign the checks over to a childcare facility, or taking the better option of doing something form home that nets less than minimum, but at least is more than netting nothing to work outside the home.

Most MLMs operate by glomming onto the desperation of mostly mothers who can't afford childcare and can't afford to not have any income.  It's not coincidental that the selling point is usually "make money to stay at home with your kids!"  It's manipulation, and the only people who will really make decent money are people who get in very early on, and who have a large social network, and who are willing to hustle and put their families second.  No one at all who makes real money with this kind of MLMs is only doing it part time.  None.  At all.  And often their husbands end up having to leave their own jobs to help because it's more than even a regular full-time job.  And those who make enough money for that are extremely rare.  Plexus has what, about 100 gem-level reps?  Gem-level is where you have to be to make decent money.  (I think JRod has claimed to be Sapphire, but if she is, then she's making better money than my household, and we're already in the top 20%, which means she can afford to replace her own fucking car without grifting.)

I feel bad for most MLM reps.  But then there are those like Bro & Sis, who shun real jobs when they can easily afford to have a job between them, and the pushy people we all know who we have to stop following on Facebook because they're peddling doTERRA non-stop.

@Coy Koi, you last line here 

nearly murdered me.  I shouldn't have been eating.  So I'll be as fauxmagnanimous as Gary and share a slight bit of responsibility for my near-demise. :D

@Black Aliss, there are places that are allowed to pay for plasma?  My husband donates it every week, and gets a cookie.  He gets upset when his iron level is too low.  I had no idea that there were places where it's legal to pay for it.  

Ok folks, forgive me if I missed it, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t. I was trying to find ole Bro Gary via the Google, and this came up :pearlclutch::

71166155-F5EC-4329-B2B1-7E71F36DCED1.jpeg.c01970f22ccb2cacf0dc9ef486436638.jpeg

Gotta love Urban Dictionary

43 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

Ok folks, forgive me if I missed it, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t. I was trying to find ole Bro Gary via the Google, and this came up :pearlclutch::

71166155-F5EC-4329-B2B1-7E71F36DCED1.jpeg.c01970f22ccb2cacf0dc9ef486436638.jpeg

Gotta love Urban Dictionary

Ok yes, but what about Gary Hawking?

OK folks, I'm so sorry to derail the thread but I have to tell someone about tonight's WTFuckery. I feel close to many of you on this thread. 

My husband went to pick up my niece and nephew (our adopted daughter's cousins) tonight per court order. His brother is their dad. Brother and ex-SIL are going through a nasty divorce.

My ex-SIL proceeded to tell him (during a difficult parenting moment) that he wouldn't understand, because he's not a dad. 

This lady is our daughter's BIOLOGICAL AUNT. Our daughter's mom (this lady's sister) is a POS and signed our daughter over to us because she couldn't take care of her. This aunt could have taken her in but couldn't, or wouldn't, so here we are. We are not related to daughter but I mentored her for a few years because I could tell she was falling through the cracks.

I am fucking livid. It's a really, really good thing I wasn't there because I don't hold back. (Well, that's precisely why the therapist told me I shouldn't be there…). We stepped up when we didn't have to! We're not even blood!!! I don't even know what to think right now. 

Amen, @PumaLover.... thank you for being there for a kid that never asked for a f'd up existence and making it better.

:bigheart:

8 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

@Black Aliss, there are places that are allowed to pay for plasma?  My husband donates it every week, and gets a cookie.  He gets upset when his iron level is too low.  I had no idea that there were places where it's legal to pay for it.  

Yup. I think it's legal in all states, including Utah. Plasma centers are for-profit operations and, while it's still called a "donation" you get paid for it. In SLC there are several. I know there's still one in the shopping center at ~5400 S 900 E because I saw it just a couple months ago when I was there. 

Here's another website that describes the compensation, which is a helluva lot more than that Hawkings are making selling Papalnazi joory:

https://www.grifolsplasma.com/en/web/plasma/plasma-donor/how-to-donate/donation-fees

10 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Plexus has what, about 100 gem-level reps?  Gem-level is where you have to be to make decent money.  (I think JRod has claimed to be Sapphire, but if she is, then she's making better money than my household, and we're already in the top 20%, which means she can afford to replace her own fucking car without grifting.)

IIRC, Jill is a “gold ambassador” with Plexus. 

@PumaLover, your husband is more of a parent (and you too) than that bitch will ever be.

@Black Aliss, wow.  My husband would probably be upset to find out that there are places that pay, and still an extreme shortage of donors.  He gets a cookie, and lives is life according to what it takes to try to be the best donor.  That's why he gets upset when his iron is too low.  He's such a regular at the plasma center near us that he has his own regular chair and everything.  My veins are too fragile (I failed at donating blood), or I'd be a donor too.

@Snarkylark, ah.  https://d2xz00m0afizja.cloudfront.net/cdn/083117-2016-income-disclosure-statement.pdf Gold averages a little over $10k per year, as of 2016.

19 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

okay folks,

If you hike and are accustomed to getting a call from nature when it's most inconvenient and if, like me, you hate having to carry a trowel  and desperately holding everything in as you frantically dig a cathole, these things are priceless. https://www.amazon.com/Cleanwaste-Toilet-Bag-DIY-pack/dp/B009A6VM1G

Can you explain that to me?  Is it just bags or does it have that support structure as well?

2 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Can you explain that to me?  Is it just bags or does it have that support structure as well?

You can attach them to a portable stool or if you're backpacking, you just squat and hold it against your bottom. That downed tree trunk is useful for this pose.

On 6/30/2018 at 2:43 PM, Black Aliss said:

Yup. I think it's legal in all states, including Utah. Plasma centers are for-profit operations and, while it's still called a "donation" you get paid for it. In SLC there are several. 

Paying for blood and plasma donation are both illegal in Australia - the first time I travelled to the US I was quite shocked at the posters in the dodgy youth hostel I stayed in which started "low on cash? We pay for blood!" 

At least they knew their market I guess! Giving consent for blood to be taken in a clinical trial here it was very specifically stated that the blood was a donation and any form of payment would be illegal (but would you like a Tim Tam after we've finished to keep your blood sugar up?)

Bro. G has posted that they are broke down in NY.  He don't understand, but God does!

He wants help praying for "what the Lord wants them to do" about the car which is weenspeak for "give us money"

Ode To Gary

He broke down in a borrowed car

Sittin' by the side of the road

Gary never did get very far

Now his life's on overload

Jesus told him 20 times

It's not the car, it's you

Appears he didn't listen much

Had too many folks to woo

He was gonna save the world

One bus at a time

Preachin about the gospel

On someone elses dime

Time's up, Gary, you're a fool

To think this is gonna change

You'd be better served to get a job

You life to rearrange.

A little work never hurt no one

It can take some legging

To bring a steady paycheck home

We'll earn instead of begging

He was gonna save the world

One bus at a time

Preachin about the gospel

On someone elses dime

OK folks, they have found a church to beat for help!  Lucky Church. How would you like Bro Gary show up on your doorstep for help!?  I hope they don't let them in the basement.

*audible shriek*. I know people in the town where they broke down!  

@PumaLover  You and your husband are good people, kick ass down to Earth people who did the right thing.  That aunt did not and she knows it.  So, she lashes out at you and your husband like a coward does.  Your daughter would be who knows where if you two didn't love on her and accept her into your family.  Love by choice.  Nobody can knock your family down!  Ms. Aunt wishes she had it in her heart to step up and put herself out there like that.  You two showed interest in a little girl who needed it and ultimately became her parents.  It's one of the bestest things we humans can do!  Their cowardly words don't matter and don't count.  You guys rock!  Good people.

"There's a Hawkin in the basement, dear Jesus, dear Jesus
There's a Hawkin in the basement, dear Jesus, a Hawkin.

Don't feed it, dear Pastor, dear Pastor, dear Pastor
Don't feed it, dear Pastor, dear Pastor don't feed it.

It's still here dear, Jesus, dear Jesus, dear Jesus
It's still here dear Jesus, dear Jesus, still here!

Cut the power, dear Pastor, dear Pastor, dear Pastor,
Cut the power, dear Pastor, dear Pastor, cut the power.

Still here and all sweaty dear Jesus, dear Jesus
Still here and still sweating, dear Jesus, the smell!

Perhaps you can bribe it, dear Pastor, dear Pastor,
Perhaps you can bribe it, dear Pastor, a bribe!

We gave it an RV, dear Jesus, dear Jesus, dear Jesus,
We gave it an RV, dear Jesus, still here!

Then evict it, dear Pastor, dear Pastor, dear Pastor,
Then evict it, dear Pastor, dear Pastor, evict it.

With what shall I evict it, dear Jesus, dear Jesus?
With what shall I evict it, dear Jesus, with what?

With a court order dear Pastor, dear Pastor, dear Pastor,
With a court order, dear Pastor, dear Pastor, with a court order."

Once he's dug in it will probably take an earthquake to dislodge Bro Gary from a church basement!

Well he is still broke down but his elderly daddy is driving all day to come get them and the car.  Are they towing the car all the way home?  So now their borrowed car is trying to rid itself of bro Gary!

8A1640D0-6D13-4B4B-890C-34E92BC26D47.jpeg

Gary.  GET A FUCKING JOB.  I swear, Jesus himself could appear in front of Gary and tell him to get a job, and Gary would ignore him for wearing a dress because that must mean this really-Cesare-Borgia looking dude is a lady, and ladies don't know shit from shingles.  And then Gary would start screaming, "Pray 'round the car for GOD will because KING JAMES BIBLE," and "if evrywun on my frends list gived $10, i cood by a rv for the TENT.  GOD will be done, glory to GOD."  

And then God could make a burning bush appear, and Gary would grab a pack of red weens and start roasting weenies while insisting bushes don't talk, that be witchcraft!

It's time to throw in the towel Bro. There's a Dollar General on every corner in that area. Always hiring. Get you one. 

Do the churches he preaches at not have tents?  Or is this a tent they live in?

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived