IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 7: Asking For Thoughts and Chairs

Georgiana

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheesh.  I innocently click into this thread for more of the same illiterate, off-key, idiocy and it turns out that he's a sex offender?  I'm not surprised, just wasn't expecting it at all.  Becky seems to have very interesting taste in men.

Wonder when he started going by his middle name (I think I can guess).

Damn… the Bro was my thread I relied on when I was down and all the other fundies were depressing me. I wish he was just an ignorant homeschooled failure of a preacher. For some reason I am more disappointed about finding this out about him than I was about Josh, I guess because I always thought Josh was a little creepy. Stupid Josh. Stupid Bro William Gary. Fuck molesters.

Now this is a turn I would have never expected. Damn. 

Suddenly Gary is not funny anymore.  I'm horrified by this revelation, doubly so because just a couple of hours ago I wrote about how much he makes me laugh.  

The idea that this fucker thinks he is saved and going to heaven and preaches what he does while living off the rest of the world doesn't show remorse, it shows arrogance.

Let those without sin cast the first stone, you cocksucking piece of shit.  No underage girl is safe around you.  Not now, not ever.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Sheesh.  I innocently click into this thread for more of the same illiterate, off-key, idiocy and it turns out that he's a sex offender?  I'm not surprised, just wasn't expecting it at all.  Becky seems to have very interesting taste in men.

Wonder when he started going by his middle name (I think I can guess).

Yea I was pretty shocked to discover it ?. His dad is William Danny (or Daniel) so I am guessing he may always have gone by Gary.  Becky must know that her husband is a felon.  I doubt she googled him but she has to know.  Who knows what his spin on it is though.  It’s all good though cuz he is saved!  Why women will subject themselves or their minor girls to a convicted sex offender is beyond me.

I used to think Gary was absolutely hilarious. Then the video where he was screaming, crying, "don't go to hail, please don't go to hail!" while one of his children crawled past, trying to avoid the camera (I assume); then, he suddenly did a 180, turned off his waterworks like a faucet, and started talking about something else...I can't remember what, but it made me go cold. It was a real bummer. 

Then there was the poppyscrotchy video in which he stood behind Becky like the angel of death. I couldn't watch more than a minute or so of that one. It was chilling.

What does he do to them when the camera is off? He is unhinged. Frankly, he scares me. I took a couple months away from FJ because I was so disturbed. It wasn't as bad as the Poopistan Stillbirth, but it made me feel so afraid for his kids, and for Becky. He may have her convinced she can't make it without him. I feel sure she feels stuck, or maybe it's a Stockholm situation. I just can't believe she stays because she genuinely loves him.

He is a piece of shit. I'm not surprised he's a sex offender. Not at all.

I’m pretty sure Ghaw reads here.  Stay tuned for a tearful video of bro preaching and hollaring about sin and the blood and no more sin because God.

Ok folks this latest revelation about Bro is Severely disturbing. He was fun to snark on but a child sex offender is no laughing matter. I suppose we could hope all his Haymuning and Hylerluuing is sincere and he turned his life. around. The fact that children are no longer in his care is frightening though. 

Sis Candy

I laughed at Bro Gary, but I was always a little creeped out by him in his vids and pictures, so I'm not terribly shocked by this revelation. He scares me a bit. 

It's pretty easy to fall into the trap of thinking someone who comes across as so uneducated, ignorant, and, frankly, stupid must be harmless. I'd say this revelation serves as a necessary reminder (to myself as much as anyone) that Bro Gary and his likes can still be very, very dangerous.

I couldn't find him on the NC sex offender registry. 

What year did people start getting put on the list?  Did they go back and add people who were convicted before the start of the list?

It seems like October 3rd, 1997 was when the FBI started requiring tracking of sex offenders.

eta: and the law is not retroactive, so convictions before 1997 are not included.

So that’s rather horrifying.

It seems he was charged with 2 crimes but only has 1 on his record.  My guess is a plea deal.  I do wonder if he would have ended up in the registry if it was a thing at the time.  I wish there was a way to know more details of his crimes.  I guess if one wanted they could go and request police reports?  Either way not something I can do.  I sincerely hope he changed his life and has not reoffended since then.  Seems pronation is a pretty light sentence for what he was charged with.  I doubt his victims family felt justice was served.

On 8/25/2018 at 6:56 AM, FullOfGravy said:

OMG.  My first thought was that he was 18; maybe he had a 17-year-old girlfriend or something.  But the North Carolina criminal code:

If he was 18, the child in question was no more than 13.

How in the hell did he get custody of his kids?  How were Becky's kids allowed to live with him?  

Guys, please remember that laws were different in 1991. It has only been the last decade where it mattered whether the younger person was 16 or 13.  You need to check the date of the relevant section of the current code to see when it was enacted. You can’t speculate about the crime based on current law.

3 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Guys, please remember that laws were different in 1991. It has only been the last decade where it mattered whether the younger person was 16 or 13.  You need to check the date of the relevant section of the current code to see when it was enacted. You can’t speculate about the crime based on current law.

Thanks for pointing that out! Whatever happened doesn't sound good, though. :(:puke-front:

No, it does not. I did a quick poke around and it looks like N.C. consent laws have undergone a lot of revisions in the 2000s. I just don’t want a lot of rumors to get started. If the laws were like some of them out there, he could have been 18 and she 16 or 17 when the incident occurred. At one point the NC law read the offender could have been just a year older than the victim! 

In some states, the much ballyhooed Kelton/Josie Bates relationship would fall under these laws if he did anything at all physical when they first met!

What has always bothered me about Bro. Gary is that he always seems agitated or angry.  It doesn't matter if he's asking Becky a question or preaching.  He just seems angry, and people like that really bother me.

I’m not really surprised by this, more “ugh another fundie asshole who’s a sex offender”. 

He was charged in 1991, so 27 years ago. If he’s 45 now, he was 18 then. 

I’d sometimes go right back to the very first Bro Gary thread and read them all the way through; I dunno if I’ll be able to do so in the same way now. 

@nelliebelle1197  You're absolutely right, and I didn't even think about changes in the law since 1991.  It's too late to edit my earlier post, but apologies for jumping to conclusions based on current laws.

1 hour ago, FullOfGravy said:

@nelliebelle1197  You're absolutely right, and I didn't even think about changes in the law since 1991.  It's too late to edit my earlier post, but apologies for jumping to conclusions based on current laws.

Eh, it is no biggie. This is Gary, after all. How could you NOT jump to conclusions?

Geez, the fact that Gary is a sex offender makes it even MORE disturbing how he talks about how women and girls need to cover themselves up so they don't "send men to hell" for lusting after them.

What a horrible, disgusting excuse for a person.

I don't understand how Becky is only 36 though. She looks older and seems older, and not because she's mature. I'm 36, and what I know of her doesn't match up. For one thing, she had a post about being a new nurse living in NYC on 9/11 and how it affected her. It didn't sound like she already had a kid at that time. On 9/11 I was 19 and had a 1-year-old and when I heard of the attacks my first thought was fear for my daughter. And it's not impossible to become a nurse at age 19 but it's not common, and Becky doesn't exactly seem like the overachieving type. Maybe the records are wrong about her age?

Doesn’t Becky have an older daughter? I doubt that she was a young mother AND an RN at 19. I’d bet she’s older than that. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived