IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 7: Asking For Thoughts and Chairs

Georgiana

Hmmm..in a shameless effort to take one for the team, I clicked on Bro's latest video.  Alas, no sound was forthcoming.  Wonder if I messed up somewhere or maybe I was just lucky?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Granwych said:

Hmmm..in a shameless effort to take one for the team, I clicked on Bro's latest video.  Alas, no sound was forthcoming.  Wonder if I messed up somewhere or maybe I was just lucky?

Clean living pays off yet again! 

Ok folks reading the prior comments had me chokin on my tea. I didnt even notice the tie due to such a poor quality video.  How long has he been preachin? He should be able to read the Scripture passages with ease. If he has a reading disability then I apologize but it is rough hearing him reading. I couldnt even watch after the first reading because it was too warbled. I didnt get a glimpse of the audience so I wonder how many were there. I cant imagine sitting through that evey night for a week. Well folks Im gonna try to finish my breakfast now and no weens or gravy are involved!

Sis Candy

enjoying the SUNshine!

Good grief!  Satan was SEVERELY attacking that sound system.  Even so Bro. Gary demonstrates that he can't read aloud.  He even stumbled over "repented."  In addition, I've never heard Pontius Pilate pronounced "Pont-ee-us" before.  Is that normal American pronunciation or Weenese? 

My resident male sartorial expert (who wears a tie to work) says that the ends of a tie should be no lower than halfway down the waistband or belt buckle.  Tying your tie so that it hangs any lower is sending the message that you are a Big Swinging Dick. 

This theory is consistent with my own observations having worked in state government.  So that makes Bro Gary and his extra-extra-long tie an Enormous Swinging Dick.

Sis P.

I'm so behind on Bro. Gary.  The plate of pink weens was traumatic.

I've only heard it pronounced "Pon-shus"(the way -tius is normally spoken).

25 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Good grief!  Satan was SEVERELY attacking that sound system.  Even so Bro. Gary demonstrates that he can't read aloud.  He even stumbled over "repented."  In addition, I've never heard Pontius Pilate pronounced "Pont-ee-us" before.  Is that normal American pronunciation or Weenese? 

My resident male sartorial expert (who wears a tie to work) says that the ends of a tie should be no lower than halfway down the waistband or belt buckle.  Tying your tie so that it hangs any lower is sending the message that you are a Big Swinging Dick. 

This theory is consistent with my own observations having worked in state government.  So that makes Bro Gary and his extra-extra-long tie an Enormous Swinging Dick.

Sis P.

It's pronounced both Pon-chus/Pon-shus and Pont-ee-us.  Pon-tee-us is closer to the actual Latin pronunciation, which is more PONT-ih-yus.  

-tius normally becomes -shus in English, but Latin did not have ch/sh sounds like English does.  In Latin, -tius is two syllables that glide together, and the vowels are short.  The short i glides into a y sound because it is in between a consonant and a vowel, so it becomes -tiyus.  English combined this into one syllable for ease of speech. 

Pilate is also 3 syllables in Latin.  

54 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Sis P.

They can’t have been more traumatic than Bro Gary and his Big Swinging Dick of Doom. (Patent pending) Lol!!! 

(Thank you, Sis P. I just snorted audibly in my dr’s waiting room. I covered it with a cough, though, so I think I’m good.) 

26 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

It's pronounced both Pon-chus/Pon-shus and Pont-ee-us.  Pon-tee-us is closer to the actual Latin pronunciation, which is more PONT-ih-yus.  

So you are saying that Bro. Gary knows Latin?  Pull the other one, @Georgiana!

31 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I've only heard it pronounced "Pon-shus"(the way -tius is normally spoken).

Me too.  Actually in British English you are thought very pretentious if you used the "correct" Latin or French pronunciations of some common words.  As in:  a "filleT" of steak not a "fillay."  

And that is my contribution to better relations for the native inhabitants of the two countries separated by a common language for today.  After nearly 40 years this side of the pond I'm still not quite bilingual.  :D

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

So you are saying that Bro. Gary knows Latin?  Pull the other one, @Georgiana!

Me too.  Actually in British English you are thought very pretentious if you used the "correct" Latin or French pronunciations of some common words.  As in:  a "filleT" of steak not a "fillay."  

And that is my contribution to better relations for the native inhabitants of the two countries separated by a common language for today.  After nearly 40 years this side of the pond I'm still not quite bilingual.  :D

Lol, oh goodness no!  But I think Bro Gary likes to sound out words and give letters set sounds, much like a child who is new to reading.  That doesn't work so well with English, where there is a lot of variation, but it does actually work for some languages like Latin that have pretty standard letter pronunciations regardless of where the letter falls in a word.  

So while most people "overthink" Latin, Bro Gary with his "no think" strategy accidentally ends up close!  Broken clocks and all that.  And Bro Gary's got a clock that has been stopped for years. 

11 hours ago, Granwych said:

I'm going with lucky.

45 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

They can’t have been more traumatic than Bro Gary and his Big Swinging Dick of Doom. (Patent pending) Lol!!! 

<snip>

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I AM DYING 

:pb_lol:

I guess I did it to you on the last thread with the snoot demon though. 

So I skipped through the latest video just to see if anything interesting happens (it doesn't).  But at about 41 minutes, Becky managed to flip the camera around and couldn't figure out how to change it back.  Aside from her and the boys, there are like three other people in that church.  Way to pack the pews, GHaw!

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

So while most people "overthink" Latin, Bro Gary with his "no think" strategy accidentally ends up close!  Broken clocks and all that.  And Bro Gary's got a clock that has been stopped for years.

How hard can it be to pull the same words from the same book, same version, that he uses all the time?  This is his bread and butter ween.  I doubt he reads much besides vehicle for sale, vehicle repair slip, and get-rich-quick scheme verbiage, but he can listen to radio shows and/or go to church and hear others read his bible in non-Weenese.  

Spoiler

image.png.704b68b135dce87247e5de6b6e52b818.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.eb228f7cb4633e51f760439eb36bb169.png

Spoiler

image.png.7566c88079521381682e15a23a7ad4a8.png

i need to know which of these is actually the image on bro's crotch tie? (hope i did the spoilers right!)

also, can someone tell me how to erase my search history? :laughing-rolling:

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:
  Hide contents

image.png.704b68b135dce87247e5de6b6e52b818.png

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.eb228f7cb4633e51f760439eb36bb169.png

Hide contents

image.png.7566c88079521381682e15a23a7ad4a8.png

i need to know which of these is actually the image on bro's crotch tie? (hope i did the spoilers right!)

also, can someone tell me how to erase my search history? :laughing-rolling:

From my viewpoint, Bro's tie pix look like golden arches as in Mickey D's.  Cause Bro's always thinking of food.

(Maybe the tie is pointing to a wunnerful ween??)

I'll see myself out tout de suite---

5 hours ago, Georgiana said:

That doesn't work so well with English, where there is a lot of variation, but it does actually work for some languages like Latin that have pretty standard letter pronunciations regardless of where the letter falls in a word.  

Dammit.  My Latin sucks.  But you learn something on FJ every day. :D

I now have to confess that I was kicked out of Latin class, with prejudice, at age 11 (fifth or sixth grade) because of the White Mouse Incident.  I never returned because that was our only Latin teacher and she held a HUGE grudge.

Spoiler

I contend to this day that I was merely transporting a trained and domesticated pet mouse to its new home.  It escaped before we could complete the transaction. 

This was to my distress, the delight of the class, but absolutely not of the teacher.

And I was the one (not the prospective owner) who scooped up the mouse as fast as I could before teacher killed it- thus making my guilt obvious.  Teacher did look very funny on top of the teacher desk throwing stuff at that poor little mouse though.

And I was punished by more than just getting kicked out of Latin class.  Dad did NOT approve,  But mousie stayed with me. I no longer trusted prospective owner.

And it really was an accidental escape.  :(

Dear FJ,

If the laughing reaction emoticon is broken, I take the blame.  The comments caused me to over-click it.

Sorry/not sorry,

GMAFRV 

2 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

(Sung to the tune of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer")

Sa'un got run over by a grift car

:pb_lol: oh-em-gee! please take that over to the jrod thread so it will be enjoyed by all who read there!  i don't want them to miss it!

4 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Trying to attack our fam-i-ly

You can say there's no such thing as Sa'un

But as for me and David, we believe

He'd been stalking us through Facebook

And we prayed for him to go

But he forgot we're always praying

And Go Fund Me really showed him, don'tcha know?

When the doorbell rang one morning

I was taken quite aback

A lady had a car for us

A gift sent down from Heaven, that's a fact!

Sa'un got run over by our grift car

All thanks to my sweet puppet, dear Nureeeee!

You can say there's no such thing as freebies

But as for me and David, we believe!

ARGHHH!!!  I posted this in the wrong forum.  Can a moderator move this to the JillRod current conversation, please?

Hay-Mayun! Totally worth the earworm! Nicely done, Sis. 

7 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

ARGHHH!!!  I posted this in the wrong forum.  Can a moderator move this to the JillRod current conversation, please?

Eh, it works for Bro. Gary too.  Perhaps also post it on the Shrader thread.

I just freaking love song parodies!  :D

7 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Trying to attack our fam-i-ly

You can say there's no such thing as Sa'un

But as for me and David, we believe

He'd been stalking us through Facebook

And we prayed for him to go

But he forgot we're always praying

And Go Fund Me really showed him, don'tcha know?

When the doorbell rang one morning

I was taken quite aback

A lady had a car for us

A gift sent down from Heaven, that's a fact!

Sa'un got run over by our grift car

All thanks to my sweet puppet, dear Nureeeee!

You can say there's no such thing as freebies

But as for me and David, we believe!

We can merge threads, but I do not believe we can move stand-alone posts.  Or at least, it doesn't give ME that happy power.  We can hide them, so if you post in the wrong thread, just report your own post and we can hide it while you post in the right thread.  You can also edit out what you posted and replace the text with something like "Mistake post!" so that people ignore it until we can get around to actioning it :) But I'm still getting up to speed, so this advice might be bad weens. I'll tag @Jellybean (who I know also frequents these threads) just in case there is a better way.  

But since it's already been quoted and appreciated, I would just leave this post here and have you re-post on the Rod thread.  Sure it's not "on topic", but Bro Gary's rants usually aren't either.  Also, considering that Bro Gary has been trying to grift a car for a while now, I like to imagine Jill singing him this song to crow over her superior grifting capabilities.  

We can move posts, even multiple posts, just let us know.  It gets complicated if topics are mixed though as this one did. 

OK Folks:

I am finally delurking. I've been following the Bro Gary saga since the first thread and have been laughing pretty hard! Weeens! We have red weens made locally that are in all the grocery stores up here, and now I get to think of Bro Gary every time I go food shopping. :mellow: Not sure if that's a good thing.

Anyway, it was a little upsetting to see that he's in upstate NY (which is where I am), but thankfully (?) still 4 hours away. That's especially good since he was apparently "out door knocking" today to get people to come to his revival. Hopefully four hours will keep him away, and here's to hoping he doesn't find out about our red weens. :o

Spoiler

2015117384_ScreenShot2018-06-20at8_30_13PM.png.6966eeb547f6f7677586e29582af6a96.png

Love and weens,

Sis Larrysmom

Can you imagine if Bro Gary knocked on your door?  I am not sure if I would scream and shut the door, ask for his autograph and a selfie, or invite him to have a seat in one of my camp chairs for a long drawn out conversation.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived