IGNORED

Kendra, Joe and Garrett Duggar, Part 10

Jellybean

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Current weather: Bring in my planters because there's a frost warning. :562479528aee8_32(4):

It's over 100 where I live not counting humidity! I can't imagine.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Daisy0322 said:

It's over 100 where I live not counting humidity! I can't imagine.

You don't want to imagine. This morning, I needed hot water to get the frost off my car. Two summers ago, there were times where we were colder than the North Pole, I bet we beat that this year. 

But nooooo, climate change is not a thing. :censored:

They look young because they are young. They are not even legal drinking age yet. I think their age isn’t as much of a problem as fundamentalism. Most pregnant teens know it isn’t an ideal situation to be in and are usually encouraged to continue education, working, and advancement. Joy, Kendra, and Lauren never will. In 20 years Kendra will be 39 and can still have more babies. I have a hard time celebrating fundie pregnancy especially when they’re young girls. I’m disgusted by People and other rag mags glamorizing Counting On. Anna didn’t do herself any favors and likely stays because she feels it’s what is best for her kids and feels being stuck as maidservant to Josh is the trial God has given her in life. If Anna had been educated, worked for a few years to develop job skills, then maybe she would’ve felt she could leave, work again, and still provide a good life for her kids. Teen Mom received far more backlash than Counting On for “glamorizing” teen pregnancy and that baffles me. Counting On glamorizes a toxic belief system that hurts these girls.

22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

But nooooo, climate change is not a thing.

Ugh I tried to explain global warming to my mom (they think it's a normal thing "like the ice age" :pb_rollseyes:) it resulted in a silent dinner followed by them not talking to me for 3 days lol.... maybe you should come try lol

9 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

That's crazy!! Like, I get how some people do become grandparents at a young age, but so many wonen are just having their first child at 38!

This brought back a memory that made me smile.  Very early on in my social work career, I met a 30 year old grandmother.  She'd had her daughter at 15 and that daughter gave birth to a granddaughter at 15.  I still remember being SHOCKED at such a young grandma!  Good grief, I was so green back then - laughing.

Yeah, they're really young, and not just in the most literal sense. These womanchildren have never made a life choice without asking someone's permission first, and now they're someone's mom. I can't even imagine...

46 minutes ago, vspielman said:

This brought back a memory that made me smile.  Very early on in my social work career, I met a 30 year old grandmother.  She'd had her daughter at 15 and that daughter gave birth to a granddaughter at 15.  I still remember being SHOCKED at such a young grandma!  Good grief, I was so green back then - laughing.

I work in childcare and one day a woman came in to pick up one of the little girls in my care. The little girl was in our care while her 18 year old father who had sole custody was finishing up high school. I asked to see some ID and then said, “oh you’re grandma!”  She corrected me by calling herself “Nana” and then explained that she was actually Great Grandma. Turns out she had her daughter when she was 16, who then had her son when she was 16, who then had his daughter when he was 16!  I damn near fainted. She was a grandma at 32 and a great grandma at 48, and she didn’t look a day over 40!!!

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Current weather: Bring in my planters because there's a frost warning. :562479528aee8_32(4):

Can we trade? 

Locally there have been a few days of cooler weather, but Wednesday it's going to be 30 degrees Celsius.  Not good. Already dreading it. 

The weather back home seems to be crazier than usual. I don't know quite where you are,  but my cousin in Central had snow twice recently. 

Ah, Newfoundland. How I miss it and her craziness. 

we're having a "cool front" in San Antonio this week, caused by the storms in the Gulf... We're only supposed to hit mid 90s this week.... Last week it was 105, lol

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@luv2laugh - I hope you find your kitty. :(

Thanks for reaching out. Good news (for once). I cannot explain how overcome with emotion and joy I was when I saw him. It was an inexplicable sensation of joyous relief.

Spoiler

65518F04-DA05-4CC4-AF6D-30197E297C0D.thumb.jpeg.0bf9a6bb28204bb9fc378bdc41d03878.jpeg

He still suckles himself to sleep at night. He’s a total baby boy.

More pics:

Spoiler

09E91F42-3502-4251-BC22-0496779CF212.thumb.jpeg.3a5a8793c1a82b9c8d9f2aa31a043b86.jpeg3EA8F40B-668E-402C-AAAC-E4792294EB1F.thumb.jpeg.1e01ac0f5dc86f61984bd65459de6c1d.jpegD04794E6-6981-4D20-86CC-B4E8753AD597.thumb.jpeg.4fcb7bf905dc98dab55fe22ef5b87b4d.jpeg

14 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I’m disgusted by People and other rag mags glamorizing Counting On. Anna didn’t do herself any favors and likely stays because she feels it’s what is best for her kids and feels being stuck as maidservant to Josh is the trial God has given her in life. If Anna had been educated, worked for a few years to develop job skills, then maybe she would’ve felt she could leave, work again, and still provide a good life for her kids. Teen Mom received far more backlash than Counting On for “glamorizing” teen pregnancy and that baffles me. Counting On glamorizes a toxic belief system that hurts these girls.

I think part of the reason why Counting On girls don't receive backlash is because they cater to this ideal girl spectre; be nice, smile and don't spread your legs around (where as the stars of Teen Mom mostly have the ones we perceive as negative traits; all though I bet if none of them were mothers, most of that behaviour could be passed as typical teen life) 

Yes their belief system is pretty damaging but let's face it people mostly look at their nice shell and the package, therefore they are perceived as better.

just my 2 cents

It’s really messed up. Many girls of teen mom have gone on to further their education, work jobs, and be self-sufficient and independent. The show and the teen moms were honest about the struggles and desiring to better their lives for the future. Counting On glamorizes not just teen pregnancy but patriarchy which saddles these women with babies for many years with no support system for living an independent, self-sufficient life. If they are in a terrible situation, at best, they could end up with a David Rodriguez or a Josh Duggar, and at worst, end up with an abusive husband or one that is a criminal like Katie Smith Morton’s husband who is in jail while she’s left with her 8 kids! People love Counting On because they fit the stereotype of “clean-cut Christian girls”, young but married, and portray themselves to be living fairytale romances. It’s outrageous. It is disgusting when you compare the protests and backlash that 16 & Pregnant/ Teen Mom got vs. Counting On and the marriages of Joystin, JoKen, and Siren... I am happy for some, such as  Jinger and Jessa (though I don’t like her), but I mourn at the thought of Siren getting married. I pity Jill and Anna as they’re deeply co-dependent, enmeshed, and stuck without a support system. So far, out of all of them, I think that Jana has been the smartest followed by Jinger.

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

It’s really messed up. Many girls of teen mom have gone on to further their education, work jobs, and be self-sufficient and independent. The show and the teen moms were honest about the struggles and desiring to better their lives for the future. Counting On glamorizes not just teen pregnancy but patriarchy which saddles these women with babies for many years with no support system for living an independent, self-sufficient life. If they are in a terrible situation, at best, they could end up with a David Rodriguez or a Josh Duggar, and at worst, end up with an abusive husband or one that is a criminal like Katie Smith Morton’s husband who is in jail while she’s left with her 8 kids! People love Counting On because they fit the stereotype of “clean-cut Christian girls”, young but married, and portray themselves to be living fairytale romances. It’s outrageous. It is disgusting when you compare the protests and backlash that 16 & Pregnant/ Teen Mom got vs. Counting On and the marriages of Joystin, JoKen, and Siren... I am happy for some, such as  Jinger and Jessa (though I don’t like her), but I mourn at the thought of Siren getting married. I pity Jill and Anna as they’re deeply co-dependent, enmeshed, and stuck without a support system. So far, out of all of them, I think that Jana has been the smartest followed by Jinger.

ah I think the only two teen moms that are any good are Chelsea and Maci. the other ones are still hot messes most of them with multiple babies by multiple daddies.  and that's not counting the multiple men they've bounced in and out of their kids lives. 

There’s a new video of Joe and Kendra introducing Garrett.

These pics were on a fan twitter account and I assumed they were in the video but I just watched and they weren’t in there so idk where they came from

Spoiler

imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7411E69C2-CBCC-437B-9E9A-C3E4EE3D6BC9.jpeg.0f1d59c5d6d8826f0c66a669a1afd443.jpeg

AD270325-715B-45A5-8C82-B20DA4A2E5EB.jpeg.6bb626f6f645e7f2a53042ed74fe15f6.jpeg

F11B662C-DD14-4C1B-A37A-587A9AAA059E.jpeg.6d5081f626313f7ab4845c6109c2fbaf.jpeg

D2F6C217-1D9E-4234-A28A-F7A48C887C5A.jpeg.c816eb7eb5cc272f5065963438967c3e.jpeg

Honestly Kendra looks amazing . I’m worried she’ll get pregnant in no time because this birth seems* to have gone great.

Also that last picture looks like pastor Caldwell is the father, JB the grandfather and Joe the young uncle. And Kendra’s mom looks kinda pregnant maybe?

*we still don’t know how it actually went but so far no red flags

I say again Kendra looks great! Also, Paul and Christina look much too young to be grandparents. 

I second that Kendra's mom could look pregnant, but that shirt really emphasizes all things belly, so I'm getting off that speculation bus.

On an even more BEC note, do we know whether Kendra's family has always been skirts only? She and her mom don't seem to be very confident/experienced with their modest styling choices (I'm looking at the 2-3 similar black skirts). They don't look bad, but the lack of variety just sticks out to me.

16 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

I second that Kendra's mom could look pregnant, but that shirt really emphasizes all things belly, so I'm getting off that speculation bus.

Yeah, I think it's the cut of the shirt she's wearing. It looks like it could be a maternity shirt. Funny, I was literally just speculating that Kendra and her mother could be having babies at the same time if Paul and Christina aren't 'done'. Hmmm....

She  does look good but people say I did too. Let me tell you... a belly band, some good make up, and the right clothes hide A LOT. I had a hell of a delivery, post partum depression, a colicky baby, and hardly any support system out side of my husband who works 60 hours a week.... everyone told me how impressed they were that I looked great, my baby seemed so perfect, I just seemed so "together", etc. little did they know I clocked at least 6 hours a day crying and slept maybe 3 hours a night while my baby cried unless held upright while bouncing in a circle with the hair dryer and vacuum running. ( he's 10 months now and starting to get a little happier, he really is very sweet when not upset). My point being... PPD made me a perfectionist for some reason, it's a common manifestation. That made it seem like everything was wonderful and I was doing great. It's hard to tell how Kendra is *actually* doing even if you know her personally. I think it's too soon to judge.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived