IGNORED

Kendra, Joe and Garrett Duggar, Part 10

Jellybean

3 hours ago, Someone said:

A bit off topic, has anyone ever wondered if Kendra's parents perhaps concieved her out of wedlock? Paul Caldwell's Facebook page says the Caldwells married in January 1998, and Kendra was born on August 11 that same year, so that's like 7 months after her parents' wedding... I know Garrett was born a bit before his due date, so that's possibly in Kendra's family, perhaps she was premature, but still...

Not trying to be mean and not that it matters, it's just fun to speculate a bit, haha. 

This is 150% none of our business IMHO.

Unrelated: there is a person who was born in 1998 that has a child. WHEN DID I GET OLD YOU GUYS! :'(

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Destiny said:

Unrelated: there is a person who was born in 1998 that has a child. WHEN DID I GET OLD YOU GUYS! :'(

I attended a wedding for a young woman born in 1998 last summer. I can't tell you how happy I am that they made it to their first anniversary without even a whisper of talk about having babies! Thank you Rufus! As far as I know, their plan is still undergrad degrees and then graduate degrees.

I know some people have been thrilled to be parents that young, but I also know that this couple wants to finish college first. I'm so glad that they understand that they have a choice and can decide when they want to have kids. (Seriously, reading about Joy Duggar's wedding and almost immediate pregnancy really put me on edge when I thought about this couple that I love.)

36 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Kids who graduated last year lived their whole lives in a world with the world trade center. 

I’m confused. Wouldn’t most kids graduating last year have been born in 1999? That means they’d have been around 2 when the attacks happened and the towers were destroyed.

September of next year will mark the point where kids born after the attacks start becoming adults though. That does make me feel really old. 

Whenever I want to feel old, I go on Reddit. There was a question on AskReddit yesterday for 'people who remember how the world was before 9/11'. The other day I saw a guy on there talking about how he was born after 9/11. I was like, "Wait, how are you typing on a computer? Shouldn't you be, like, in kindergarten?" 

My brain still can't process the fact that there are people born after 9/11 who are teenagers, and people too young to have any memory of 9/11 who are in university, getting married, etc. Does not compute.

Yep, I have sisters who were born a few weeks after 9/11. They're 10th graders and just got their driver's licence, which I find really weird. They still seem so young to me!

It is so odd. I can still remember rushing to catch a plane when I was in my teens. Now a days you have to be at the airport an hour is not more before a flight. 

They always show the movie Home Alone during Christmas time. I feel they should put a disclaimer on the scene when the family is running to catch their flight because someone can't do that anymore. 

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

It is so odd. I can still remember rushing to catch a plane when I was in my teens. Now a days you have to be at the airport an hour is not more before a flight. 

They always show the movie Home Alone during Christmas time. I feel they should put a disclaimer on the scene when the family is running to catch their flight because someone can't do that anymore. 

Now that I’m an adult I can’t get over the irresponsible airline employee that Kevin ask the name of the city. A clearly upset young child come up to you alone and asks what city he is in. And allows him to walk away. 

My middle kid was born 3 months after the Sept. 11 bombings and he's going into junior year of high school.  Most kids who graduated this past May (2018) in the US were born in 2000, and some in 1999, depending on which state you live in.   

My youngest was born a week before 9/11. My older two were 7 and 4 at the time. They remember it- we lived near dc so the oldest remembers the day itself pretty well, she remembers getting dismissed and one of her classmates whose parent worked at the pentagon (the parent was ok).

Joy, being a middle child, likely had few opportunities to make independent, adult type decisions in Duggarville. She likely still lacks the confidence in herself and her own judgement, which is not very great for a married woman with a small child. 

Speaking of Home alone 2, I still cry every time it shows him looking out and at the twin towers. I was only in kindergarten when it happened (though I could have been in 1st grade.. I had social problems in preschool, which honestly could have been the beginnings of my childhood anxiety but nobody seemed to notice or understand.. different story though lol)

But I still remember it pretty clearly.  I remember our kindergarten teachers bringing us together and telling us that there are people who don't like our country and did a very bad thing, etc.  They kindergarten-ized it for us. but still, I won't ever forget that talk.   I teach middle schoolers now and its really weird to hear their perspective on it. and they were just talking in passing about it this spring. I start teaching full time this fall for them and plan on doing something on the 11th. it will definitely be interesting to hear what they have to say about 9/11. 

2 hours ago, seashell1025 said:

I teach middle schoolers now and its really weird to hear their perspective on it. and they were just talking in passing about it this spring. I start teaching full time this fall for them and plan on doing something on the 11th. it will definitely be interesting to hear what they have to say about 9/11. 

I've always been fascinated by this too. I was 13 when 9/11 happened and over the years I would wonder how future kids/teens who either weren't born yet or were too young to remember would think about it. It's hard to believe that that's a reality now. I wish more people from that age group would talk about it. I'm sure they probably don't think their perspective is interesting, but I'd definitely be interested to hear from them on the subject.

I was 12 during 9/11 and naive to what would happen. I couldn't foresee that the whole world would change. It was so far away, how could it affect me? It's crazy that the generation that weren't born or were just babies in 2001 are now becoming adults. 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:12 AM, KelseyAnn said:

Kids who graduated last year lived their whole lives in a world with the world trade center. 

No they didn't, the world trade centers went down in 9/11/2001 kids who graduated last year were born in 1998 & 1999, kids who graduated this year were born in 1999 & 2000, my daughter being one of them (she's a 2000 baby) she was 18 months old when 9/11 happened. While it is history for them it wasn't the world they were born into.

Something else to consider The Stoneman Douglas Generation was all born in 99/00 and they will be voting this year.

I think of it as being kind of like the fall of the Berlin wall in a way, for me. I was born in 1988 and the wall came down in 1989. I remember being totally flabbergasted when I realized this as a young teenager, because the fall of the Berlin Wall had always seemed like an historical event to me, definitely not something that had happened in my lifetime. I was alive during the end of the Cold War, but I didn't actually experience it because I was way too young to remember.

Still not sure who paid for their trip, but apparently J&K flew transatlantic in at least business class. Much more room and comfort, but less ability to snuggle that way! The episode just showed them trying to reach across the divider in order to kiss. Whoops!

Spoiler

764545014_JKInFlight.thumb.PNG.304fb0c4172f75069c0924a85a8cba2f.PNG

Omg. You guys make me feel really old.  I don’t even think I’m old and the Berlin Wall and fall of the ussr was from my childhood. I was in college when 9/11 happened and it feels like only a couple years ago.  

Sidenote-My stepduaghter was born just after 9/11.  For thoughts - many of those kids will be able to vote in the next presidential election.  Fortunately they are more engaged in the world than when I was when I could vote. 

1 hour ago, OhNoNike said:

Omg. You guys make me feel really old.  I don’t even think I’m old and the Berlin Wall and fall of the ussr was from my childhood. 

You feel old? I went through Checkpoint Charlie! I'm feeling positively ancient right now!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived