IGNORED

Kendra, Joe and Garrett Duggar, Part 10

Jellybean

2 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I never realized that getting your tubes tied involved surgery! I mean, it makes sense...I guess I just never thought about it!!!

We've come a long way from just reaching up there and tying them in knot. ;) 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/13/2018 at 1:06 PM, Carm_88 said:

I don't really have any predictions as of yet. I think that if there is a space where a Duggar isn't pregnant, I would be shocked. I'm interested to see how many babies the teenage brides (Joy. Kendra, and Lauren) will have. I think that Joy's c-section may slow her down, but truly it's hard to say. Kendra had a fairly easy birth and Lauren has to get married first, but I'm sure that's coming! 

If I'm correct, once Jinger has her baby, there will be no Duggar buns in the oven (well, Lauren may be pregnant by now since it's been 5 days).

What amazes me is that none of the Duggar women or daughters-in-law have had trouble with infertility. Three (Jill, Joy, and Kendra) got  pregnant on their honeymoon.  Statistically, someone should have had trouble concieving by now. 

22 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Statistically, someone should have had trouble concieving by now. 

What makes you say that? Just curious. I always thought infertility risk increased with age and all of these women have gotten married fairly young. Not many 19 and 20 year olds are infertile i dont think. I'm not a doctor though so what do I know. I thought it would be more difficult fir me to get pregnant than it was, when I told OB that she looked at me and laughed. She said I was 24 and that IVF and fertility treatments becoming more mainstream has caused young women to think it's much harder to get pregnant than it really is. I though my that seemed rather insensitive as a doctor but an interesting point she made.

Why? They are perfectly healthy as far as we know and young. The Duggar ladies  have no known family history of InFertility obviously. 

57 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We've come a long way from just reaching up there and tying them in knot. ;) 

Haha right?!?!?! I don't know how I thought they did it....I guess I just never thought about it!!! 

47 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

What amazes me is that none of the Duggar women or daughters-in-law have had trouble with infertility. Three (Jill, Joy, and Kendra) got  pregnant on their honeymoon.  Statistically, someone should have had trouble concieving by now. 

That's just not how statistics work. 

3 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Haha right?!?!?! I don't know how I thought they did it....I guess I just never thought about it!!! 

Don't feel bad, my mind went blank during my first pregnancy and I asked someone whether or not there was going to be a lot of blood and they were like "You know something's going to come barreling out of your vagina, right?"

3 hours ago, Charliemae said:

That's just not how statistics work. 

Statistically speaking 1 in 10 couples will experience infertility, so in the Duggar clan 1 or 2 of them will, at some point, have issues conceiving. Doesn't meant any of them will but there is a small chance at least 1 of them will. 

8 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

If I'm correct, once Jinger has her baby, there will be no Duggar buns in the oven (well, Lauren may be pregnant by now since it's been 5 days).

We don’t know if Jinger prevented or actually took a year to concieve. A year still doesn’t count as trouble though. If anything the Duggars have been more fertile then avarage. And considering their mums, who’s surprised?

I come from a family with plenty of troubles. Both my great grandmother and my grandmother had problems with having children. My mum and her siblings did ok but in my generation only one of six cousins has had their kids without any help. 

12 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I never realized that getting your tubes tied involved surgery! I mean, it makes sense...I guess I just never thought about it!!!

Around here they no longer tie them, they remove them. The rationale is that about a quarter of ovarian cancers start out in the tubes so why keep them. I had mine removed with my last c-section. Only added about 10 mins to the surgery.

50 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Around here they no longer tie them, they remove them. The rationale is that about a quarter of ovarian cancers start out in the tubes so why keep them. I had mine removed with my last c-section. Only added about 10 mins to the surgery.

My friend had her tubes tied during her third c-section. Her third child was a surprise and she wanted to make sure their wouldn’t be a 4th child. 

Yeah they usually don't tie or clip the tubes anymore because of oops babies coming in spite of the surgery. I had mine clipped at both ends so the middle would die off, which is what  Medicaid would cover. A lot of OBs now though cut them and then cauterize to insure they don't grow back or come undone. I was having an emergency D&C due to retained placenta and excessive blood loss after a miscarriage (it had implanted into an area of significant blood supply) so they just handled my tubal while I was already out. Only required 2 stitches in my bellybutton and I hurt worse from the cramping from the D&C.

7 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

We don’t know if Jinger prevented or actually took a year to concieve. A year still doesn’t count as trouble though. If anything the Duggars have been more fertile then avarage. And considering their mums, who’s surprised?

I think we can have an educated guess that they prevented though: Ben’s answer to when there’ll be a little one “ten months from now”, them moving into a bigger house followed by pregnancy. 

I always remember that line in the Golden Girls when Blanche's daughter Rebecca explains she wants a natural birth with no pain killers. Blanche responses with 'I know I told you where babies come from. Did I ever mention where they come out?

When my sister-in-law was in labor she got and epidural. She hadn't been sure but decided to go for it. Boy did that ever work and fast. Before the epidural she was very cranky and ranting afterwards she was so happy. We all wanted one too and asked if we could take some home. 

25 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I always remember that line in the Golden Girls when Blanche's daughter Rebecca explains she wants a natural birth with no pain killers. Blanche responses with 'I know I told you where babies come from. Did I ever mention where they come out?

I remember that episode. That line is very funny! 

On 7/4/2018 at 9:46 AM, Daisy0322 said:

What makes you say that? Just curious. I always thought infertility risk increased with age and all of these women have gotten married fairly young. Not many 19 and 20 year olds are infertile i dont think. I'm not a doctor though so what do I know. I thought it would be more difficult fir me to get pregnant than it was, when I told OB that she looked at me and laughed. She said I was 24 and that IVF and fertility treatments becoming more mainstream has caused young women to think it's much harder to get pregnant than it really is. I though my that seemed rather insensitive as a doctor but an interesting point she made.

My parents married 2 1/2 months before my mom turned 20. No contraception from the beginning and it took over a year to conceive my brother. Started trying for a second baby when he was about 18 months old (thinking it might take a year or so again) but we are nearly 6 years apart. Fertility problems can absolutely happen to young women. 

13 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

My parents married 2 1/2 months before my mom turned 20. No contraception from the beginning and it took over a year to conceive my brother. Started trying for a second baby when he was about 18 months old (thinking it might take a year or so again) but we are nearly 6 years apart. Fertility problems can absolutely happen to young women. 

They definitely can, you're completely right about that.

I don't think the poster you quoted was saying that young women can't be infertile, though, just that it's not common enough that you would statistically expect one of the Duggar women to have fertility problems, which if I recall correctly was what someone else suggested.

(I like that we no longer have those megaquotes, but it's times like these where losing context makes things confusing!)

Talking about hospital birth.

Walking PDAs are very common here. But in the end it only works as good as the doctor who placed it. Sadly it might not be an option for me as I have mutation affecting my blood clotting. Will find out in august when we talk to the hospital staff.

If you have a normal pregnancy and labour chances are you won’t see a doctor till it is over. Every birth is covered by a (real educated and experienced) midwife who will call for a doctor if necessary. You are also encouraged to come to the hospital when contractions are consistent 3-2 minutes apart or your water has broken and not earlier and then to do whatever you feel like: walking, sitting, dancing, laying, standing, kneeling...

So much for the theory, I guess I will find out soon how my hospital really handles things.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:37 AM, candygirl200413 said:

Is epidural also one of the side effects getting shivers? I vaguely remember my mom saying that after me, an emergency c-section, she said she felt so cold post birth.

I shivered uncontrollably for about 40 minutes after my epidural. Also while you don't feel pain you still feel lots of uncomfortable pressure down there.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:44 PM, pandora said:

Question for people who've given birth, do hospitals tend to require you to be wearing a hospital gown while laboring? From the pics Kendra's double layered hospital gowns for full coverage don't look that comfortable, I'd think if she had a choice she'd be wearing a comfy nightgown or something, but as someone who'd never had a kid I'm surprised she'd be required to be in a gown if she didn't even get an epidural. 

I ditched the gown within an hour of checking into the hospital and labored in my nursing bra and mesh underwear (water already broke) the whole time. A few times I put on a sweatshirt and socks because my temperature was fluctuating, but otherwise you get so sweaty during labor that naked just feels so good.

Just watched the birth special. I really hope the Duggar sisters (particularly Jill) take note of how relatively easy Kendra’s delivery was compared to their home birth attempts. After the reckless decisions the sisters have made, seeing how responsible Joe and Kendra were about this was refreshing. I really hope Jinger makes the same choice and also has an easy birth to further cement this example to the family.

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

I shivered uncontrollably for about 40 minutes after my epidural. Also while you don't feel pain you still feel lots of uncomfortable pressure down there.

Yep. I asked the Doctor who did my epidural whether it would taper off towards pushing time and he said it should. It worked great before that and helped numb some of the pain during pushing, but I could still feel when I needed to push (which was definitely helpful) and I could still feel the baby coming out. I definitely knew once it was over.

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

A few times I put on a sweatshirt and socks because my temperature was fluctuating, but otherwise you get so sweaty during labor that naked just feels so good.

Y'all are gonna hate me but....I took a shower before we went to the hospital to have my youngest. My hair was still wet when he was born and I could still smell my deodorant. 

43 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Y'all are gonna hate me but....I took a shower before we went to the hospital to have my youngest. My hair was still wet when he was born and I could still smell my deodorant. 

Ugh, I took a shower before heading to the hospital and I don’t think I’ve ever smelled anything as terrible as myself 12 hours later. I was SO hot toward the end of labor, they had the temperature down in the room as far as they could until finally my midwife said it was so cold in the room it might actually be dangerous for the baby when he was born and they bumped it up a few degrees. 

I didn't get hot or sweaty when I was in labor.  I did get shivers near the end of transition will all three, but wasn't really cold while laboring either. I did want a blanket almost as soon as the were born though. I got really cold with my first baby, the nurse brought me blankets from the warmer to place over my arms while the placenta was delivered.  I had an epidural with my first baby. but only for about 2 hours before she was born so it didn't wear off at all. They turned it off when I started pushing but I only pushed for about  20 mins. so I was pretty numb and couldn't feel the contractions, they just told me when to push. Even then I knew she was born, I could feel her (it felt like slime) even though I was numb. My other two births were unmedicated. I knew when my son was born, the intense burning stopped. I really don't remember with my third, there was a bit of trauma near the end and I was just caught up in making sure she was okay I didn't really pay attention to anything else. 

@nvmbr02 Is that burning the ring of fire I learned about in my women's health class which made me cry and realized I will need the medication if I ever give birth.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived