IGNORED

Border Patrol Disasters

candygirl200413

23 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I love this! I wish more states would do the same.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/06/19/3-states-are-pulling-national-guard-troops-from-the-us-mexico-border-in-protest-over-trumps-family-separation-policy/23462607/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

NY and Massachusetts are in as well. 47 to go!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Ouch. The truth hurts.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

I called my congresspeople yesterday to express my horror about child detention, how it is un-American and has to end. All three are democrats, so I'm preaching to the choir but I'm so sickened by it all that I had to do something. Trump and cronies have reached the absolute bottom. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

I called my congresspeople yesterday to express my horror about child detention, how it is un-American and has to end. All three are democrats, so I'm preaching to the choir but I'm so sickened by it all that I had to do something. Trump and cronies have reached the absolute bottom. 

Yeah I'm not bothering with complaining to mine.  They are all GOP fuck sticks who have their heads so far up Fuck Face's ass that when he yawns they see daylight.  I know that no matter what I say they will not listen and they will not turn against Fuck Face.  I'd rather spend the energy on having my Representative (Rod Blum/R-Douchenozzle) given his walking papers come November.

• Upvote 5

Two more states: "Md., Va. governors pull Guard troops from border to protest separations"

Spoiler

Maryland’s Republican governor has joined the outrage over the Trump administration’s separation of migrant children from their parents, ordering a National Guard helicopter and its crew to return from New Mexico and vowing not to deploy state resources to the border until the separations stop.

“Immigration enforcement efforts should focus on criminals, not separating innocent children from their families,” Gov. Larry Hogan (R) said on Twitter.

Hogan was the second Republican governor to take action against the Trump administration policy. Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker (R) on Monday scrapped plans to send a National Guard helicopter and military analysts to the border. His spokeswoman cited “the inhumane treatment of children” as the reason.

Many Democratic governors have made similar pledges. On Tuesday, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) recalled four Virginia National Guard soldiers and a helicopter.

“When Virginia deployed these resources to the border, we expected that they would play a role in preventing criminals, drug runners and other threats to our security from crossing into the United States — not supporting a policy of arresting families and separating children from their parents,” Northam said in a statement.

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy (D) compared the separation policy to the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II and said he would “not condone the use of our military reservists to participate in any effort at the border that is connected to this inhumane practice.” 

The pushback from the governors has affected just a handful of National Guard assets dispatched to address a surge in border crossings.

Texas, for example, has not backed away from its pledge to send some 1,400 National Guard troops to help Customs and Border Patrol with “surveillance and support,” according to the office of Gov. Greg Abbott (R).

In Maryland, the Democrats vying to challenge Hogan in the fall had been assailing President Trump’s policy for days and demanding that Hogan speak out.

“Separating children from their parents must end. It is pure evil, and complicit silence in the face of evil is evil,” candidate Krishanti Vignarajah said on a video she shared via social media Sunday. “Governor Hogan and too many Republicans have sat silent. We must hold them accountable.”

On Monday evening, state Sen. Richard S. Madaleno Jr. (D-Montgomery), also a gubernatorial candidate, announced a news conference Tuesday morning outside the Howard County Detention Center in Jessup, Md., to denounce the separations.

“The governor was very brave to send out a tweet, but, come on, that’s not enough,” Madaleno said Tuesday, shortly before the governor announced he was recalling the helicopter and its four-person crew. “Really, he’s got to take action.”

Hogan’s verbal order had been given to the Maryland National Guard by the state’s homeland security director approximately 30 minutes earlier, about 9:30 a.m., said Hogan spokeswoman Amelia Chasse.

“A written order will be executed by the National Guard later today, however the governor’s verbal order was effective immediately,” Chasse said in an email.

Hogan is vying to become the second GOP governor in more than 60 years to be reelected in Maryland, where registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans 2 to 1. He has frequently distanced himself from some of Trump’s more controversial positions, decrying his statements about women and breaking from the president on health-care issues and funding for the Chesapeake Bay cleanup.

On Monday, Hogan — who successfully battled cancer in 2015 — joined a bipartisan group of governors to call on the Trump administration to reverse its decision not to make a legal defense of a portion of the Obama-era Affordable Care Act that gives coverage to those with preexisting medical conditions.

Seventy percent of Marylanders disapprove of Trump, nearly the opposite of Hogan’s approval rating, according to a Goucher College poll released in April. But 47 percent of Marylanders polled said Hogan had distanced himself “about the right amount” from Trump. Twenty-seven percent said he had distanced himself too little, and 9 percent said too much.

• Upvote 7

I work for a Jewish organization, and I am responsible for our social media and most of our e-newsletters.  My boss had me send an e-mail blast sharing a statement on family separation from one of our national affiliates.  No surprise, they condemned it, along with 27 other Jewish organizations (mostly mainstream) that signed a letter to Sessions and Nielsen.  Now I'm getting really ugly responses.

"Why don't you demand the anti-Israel Democrat legislators you love so much work with Republicans on a bill." 

"These children don't always come with their parents.  Some are with human traffickers.  Did you ever think of that?"

"[Organization] should just focus on issues relating to the Jewish community and Israel."

OF COURSE THIS IS A FUCKING JEWISH ISSUE!!!!  IT'S A HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUE!!!!!  Seeing people in our community react like this makes me want to crawl into a cave and never come out.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 1

Ann Coulter Is Reamed On Twitter For Calling Immigrant Kids 'Child Actors' - HuffPost https://apple.news/A9HQo2PMhSCyAZmJ7a8pzrw

I ran out of words a long time ago.

Spoiler

Coulter was a guest on “The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton” and apparently thought the best Father’s Day gift she could give viewers was to accuse the thousands of migrant children being separated from their parents and placed in detention camps of being “child actors.”
“They’re given scripts to read by liberals, according to The New Yorker. Don’t fall for the actor children,” she said in the segment, The Hill reported. Such a New Yorker article does not appear to exist.

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 3

I get a few hours of sleep and in the meantime Trump's creating baby jails 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 2

June 30th protest marches

I read about this protest march somewhere else on the politics forum and feel like this is something I need to do.  After doing a quick search, it appears that there is one being organized in our state's capital city.  A couple of years ago, I never would have thought I'd be so politically active, but here I am, considering marching once again.  Loathe this administration.

:smiley-signs131:

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

The fact that the US has now left the Human Rights council is a very frightening development. Be very, very afraid. The trumpian dictatorship is on the threshold of taking over. Like the sign in one of the tweets quoted above, you are next. I believe they won’t stop at illegal immigrants and asylum seekers. They won’t stop at people with tinted skin. They won’t stop until there’s a Gileadian-like, lily-white empire in place of the US.

It’s time to take to the streets and stay there until this administration is ousted.

• Upvote 10

I have a stress-induced headache after reading about how there's a interment camp for babies. I've been so sick about this. I just have no words anymore about it. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I have a stress-induced headache after reading about how there's a interment camp for babies. I've been so sick about this. I just have no words anymore about it. 

Hate to say it, hon, but there's three kennels for "tender age" hostages---and think they're planning a fourth in TX.

Hit a Patheos link, and immediately wanted to double-check it to make sure it wasn't The Onion.  I recommend AGAINST reading the story unless your blood pressure is in really good control. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2018/06/christian-tv-host-defends-trumps-concentration-camps-for-kids/

If THAT was the only sample of Christianity I'd ever seen, *no way* on earth would I enter any church!

• Sad 5
  • WTF 6

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic