IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 60: The Shilling Dillards

Jellybean

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Sam looks NOTHING like his father, thankfully. I think he looks a lot like James when he was little, he's a cutie!

I agree:

1145292785_ScreenShot2018-06-13at7_22_37PM.png.27388e9b98189f827b2dfca0a21346d4.pngbabyjames.thumb.jpg.bed36482e640104dec584977a1b74189.jpg

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, klabourdeth said:

Is that Dan next to Derrick?

i think so but his hair is so much blonder then i am use to seeing it that I can't be 100% sure. 

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Maybe the family isn't doing them this time around out of respect for JoeKen's choice to keep a low internet profile, and Jill and hubs didn't get the memo.  

But seriously, it does seem strange to litter the internet with "Congrats!" videos for a couple who don't seem to enjoy sharing on the internet.  But who knows, maybe Jill and co are just the first?

Maybe they did get the memo, but they don’t care because they’re attention whores?

3 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Please note, as long as it's consensual and legal, it's cool with me if people want to try out some weird shit. However, I agree that Pence's perfectly-shaped hair and shiny grin creep me out. 

I'm going with...pony play. As the pony :my_biggrin:

Hahaha. Wasn’t there an episode of Psych or something that included pony players? (Is that what they're called?) And is anyone keeping track of these?

1.) I will go with dog collars and fishnets for Mr.  Mike Pence. He doesn't nearly as good in them as he thinks he does. 

2.) Since we are trending towards Mommy fantasies, I will say he wants to be blanket trained by our resident mother of the Year. 

18 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Hahaha. Wasn’t there an episode of Psych or something that included pony players? (Is that what they're called?) And is anyone keeping track of these?

I remember there was an episode of Bones with that premise. 

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I remember there was an episode of Bones with that premise. 

Oh right, that’s it! I knew it was featured on a show that was about solving crime...

Not quite sexual, but I'd love it if Mike Pence were a Brony. There's even a BroneyCon. Some dress as their favorite pony.

(Frequently a man into My Little Pony, but can be a woman)

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Traditionally, the nuns in Catholic school emphasized good penmanship.  

12 years of Catholic schools then learning lettering as a tender, young drafting student. I have very nice handwriting when I'm trying but my signature is goofy as hell...it's my first initial and a squiggly line and my last initial and a squiggly line and a half-assed effort at the last letter in my last name 

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

1.) I will go with dog collars and fishnets for Mr.  Mike Pence. He doesn't nearly as good in them as he thinks he does. 

Not enough   :brainbleach:  to get this image out of my head.  :ew:

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

12 years of Catholic schools then learning lettering as a tender, young drafting student. I have very nice handwriting when I'm trying but my signature is goofy as hell...it's my first initial and a squiggly line and my last initial and a squiggly line and a half-assed effort at the last letter in my last name 

I have the hand writing of a serial killer. My daughter on the other hand has amazing hand writing, she's very artistic and can do some amazing things with her writing, she can write in different fonts do calligraphy, I always wished I could do that but I can't draw stick figures.  

This is what I had to learn to do...I'm still pretty good at it although I haven't really had to do it in over 20 years...damn computers do it all now. I miss it though, it was an art. You could identify who did the drawing by looking at the geometry and lettering. 

lettering.jpg

I've worked with architects/engineers/contractors for most of my adult life. That lettering is perfect, but as you said--even thought it's very specific in its design, each person puts their own (sometimes literal) slant to it. The old hand-drawn sets are amazing.

And those letters are drawn, they aren't printed or written or even anything close to what the architect/engineer writes like, in real life. Some A/E/C folks have worse handwriting than doctors. lol

On 6/12/2018 at 8:32 AM, Screamapillar said:

Any lurkers out there thinking of signing up, PLEASE make this your user name.

Ask and ye shall receive! 

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I've worked with architects/engineers/contractors for most of my adult life. That lettering is perfect, but as you said--even thought it's very specific in its design, each person puts their own (sometimes literal) slant to it. The old hand-drawn sets are amazing.

And those letters are drawn, they aren't printed or written or even anything close to what the architect/engineer writes like, in real life. Some A/E/C folks have worse handwriting than doctors. lol

My coworker is one of those engineers. I'm like, what the eff does this say???? Mine is ok (fellow engineer). 

12 hours ago, klabourdeth said:

Is that Dan next to Derrick?

In the photo from the Conference the Cross Church assholes went to? Nope. I assume Dan is too busy working* and preparing for fatherhood to waste time and money on stupid stuff like Cross Church Ministry School. 

*Still not sure where he’s working now that he left his prior position with the Boy Scouts. I think it’s possible he took another position due to the baby though - he appears to have traveled a bit for his job and that can be tough for new parents to juggle. 

46 minutes ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

Ask and ye shall receive! 

welcome to FJ - I love the name. 

now Lurkers how about Ofjill - that would be so great. 

You know, Jill’s social media reactions reminded me of someone for a while and I only just realized who... Johnny (Tommy Wisseau) from “The Room!”

Spoiler

I feel bad for saying that, but her comments sometimes seem really disjointed and out of place the way so many of Johnny’s lines are in the movie. Like on Jessa’s latest post about Spurgeon trying to off his brother via toy Fire Truck - Jill’s comment was “Haha so great!” It just... it seems like a weird comment to make. A laughing emoji and saying how much she loves her crazy nephews is a normal reaction, but... so great?

(Is this just me? I’m not sure if I’m really overthinking this.)

I think youre so right @VelociRapture. Its so hard to understand! Like Im weird and socially awkward but people like tommy wissau and Jill Dillard take it to an unexplainable level. I wonder if theres a word/diagnosis for this issue. Seriously it is kind of fascinating. 

That is my fave scene from the room/disaster artist!! OH HI MARK

7 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

I think youre so right @VelociRapture. Its so hard to understand! Like Im weird and socially awkward but people like tommy wissau and Jill Dillard take it to an unexplainable level. I wonder if theres a word/diagnosis for this issue. Seriously it is kind of fascinating. 

That is my fave scene from the room/disaster artist!! OH HI MARK

There are so many WTF moments in that movie that give me life. Like the Florist claiming that Johnny is her favorite customer, yet somehow she doesn’t immediately recognize him when he walks in. Or Lisa’s Mom saying she definitely has breast cancer, which is never brought up again. Or that weird as fuck sex scene where Lisa’s hair is constantly changing (its up! Now it’s down! Now it’s back up again!) and the light coming in through the windows switch between day and night without warning. Or the guys playing football in tuxedos or making chicken noises or... :pb_lol:

Jill's social media interactions remind me of myself when I was in my early 20s and trying to fit in with people I really had nothing in common with. It was awkward. And I wasn't even close to Jill's level of... whatever, but it felt REALLY awkward. Basically what I'm saying is that Jill's social media style strikes me very much as fake it till you make it.

The friend who I mentioned who is basically Jill with her hashtags and wifey shirts is at it again. #happiness #love #marriedlife #relationshipgoals etc etc. It’s just so weird to constantly refer to yourself as “relationship goals.” And you should have to keep telling people this is happiness.

Whoops accidentally clicked the above video while at work...my bad

11 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Mike Pence's sex kink, you say? The Handmaid's Tale role play, of course! 

I made it though a episode and a half of that show it was very good but too disturbing for me. Which I think is the first time I've ever said that, i watch SVU regularly no problem. :confusion-shrug:

@HarryPotterFan, I clicked on that link on purpose with my grandchildren in the room.  Hopefully they didn’t hear much as they’re watching Winnie the Pooh.

18 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I agree:

1145292785_ScreenShot2018-06-13at7_22_37PM.png.27388e9b98189f827b2dfca0a21346d4.pngbabyjames.thumb.jpg.bed36482e640104dec584977a1b74189.jpg

I didn’t ever think he looked anything like Derick until I saw this post and had to triple take to make sure that wasn’t Sam! 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived