IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 60: The Shilling Dillards

Jellybean

It is not only about being bad at maths or an accountant. Mr Derick Duggar has a weird perception of time. Didn't he say once that he had been working for 25 years or something?

PS: Everything about their life looks cheap, unsightly, unkempt and like it smells of sweat, mould and most of all, dirty feet. Those poor kids...

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Edhelfin said:

Mr Derick Duggar has a weird perception of time. Didn't he say once that he had been working for 25 years or something?

I think that included kindergarten, but I'm sure he wasn't intending to mislead anybody. :liar:

On the subject of handwriting, I have an i in my name (which is not Jinger or Michelle) and yet I've never, not even once, thought to top that i with a heart.

11 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

On the subject of handwriting, I have an i in my name (which is not Jinger or Michelle) and yet I've never, not even once, thought to top that i with a heart.

When I was in middle school I would mix things up by doting my i's with hearts or stars. I have a t in my last name, and I thought it was so cool to do a star after my signature and extend the last line to cross the t with it. 

While I don't do any of that anymore, I don't think the heart is the stupidest thing Michelle has ever done. It's (hopefully) not like she signed her name like that on her drivers' license. 

When I was in 6th grade, I used to dot my I's with hearts. Because Stacey from The Babysitters Club did. 

1 hour ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

I'm a leftie too, and my handwriting is horrible. When I write something in a hurry 9/10 times it will be impossible to decipher later even by me. I wish my autograph looked like Jinger's (not that I need it though, the only ones looking at it are my mailman and my bank)

Lefties unite! I often have to sign things for my job, and I have unabashedly practiced my signature and tried to make it look distinctive. Unfortunately (not disclosing my name), I've come to realize that the way I write my name makes it look like I'm doodling a penis. Really need to figure out how to remedy that.

Actually, the worst thing about my left-handedness was learning to write in Chinese. Calligraphy was a total lost cause for me, and my students would routinely criticize my character writing as "wrong" (even if the characters were correct) because I was writing with the "wrong" hand. I think that's the worst part of being a leftie, and a close second being the constant onslaught of "ZOMG YOU'RE lEfT hAnDed??!?!?1/!??!?!?!" whenever I write things in front of strangers. No, dipshit, you're in the mirror universe. I'm actually right-handed. I'm also my own evil counterpart. 

Jana's signature. I love it. 

I admit that I used to put hearts over  two letters in my name, especially to pass notes in elementary school. 

I went a few weeks dotting my i's with stars. What a fucking chore that was.

On 6/11/2018 at 4:53 AM, purjolok84 said:

I LIKE you! emoji3.png

Were you possibly that kid at school, posing questions that were technically correct but completely left of centre of the lesson so that the teacher would get mad, but had nothing concrete to complain about? Where were you when I was getting in trouble for causing chaos in class conversations? We could have totally paired up emoji14.png

Thank you! I like you too! :D 

Oh man, I was too much of a goody two shoes nerd to do that. I’d need you to encourage me to say my snarky comments and ridiculous questions aloud. I did that a bit in 11th and 12th grade and then in college, but never to the point where a teacher would complain or have the lesson get derailed. Like the time someone in my 12th grade math class (who was an asshole) complained that the lesson made him want to cry. I meant to whisper, “good” to my friends to make them laugh but I accidentally shouted it. My teacher thought it was hilarious. 

Then there was that time in college one of my professors (who was from Scotland) talked about some politics news no one knew anything about, and she said, “I’m glad you guys can’t vote.” And I told her, “The voting age is 18. You don’t have to be informed to vote in America.” She was not happy with that response :pb_lol:

On 6/11/2018 at 1:09 PM, VelociRapture said:

I’d make a joke about how all work and no play makes Derick a dull boy, but he doesn’t seem to actually work. 

All play and no work makes Derick a dick?

22 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

#JesusSaves :hagrid:

#HagridSaves

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

“Wifey 4 Lifey?!”

Oy, this reminds me of a friend I had in college who just got married and won’t stop with #wifey and #hubby on instagram. And #relationshipgoals #happy #marriedlife. It’s so juvenile. We get it, you’re married. She also ran around in a wifey shirt her honeymoon and her husband wore one that said “hubby” and it has their wedding date on it. And then with that shirt she wore a sash that said, “Just married.” I think people got that from your shirt, honey. She’s someone who’s so obsessed with having a wedding and the idea of marriage that I don’t know how this marriage will function in reality. Like she actually posted on Facebook that she doesn’t know what to do now because she’s been planning her wedding her entire life. Maybe get a life? :shrug:

What struck me about the signatures was how legible they mostly are.  That's one of the reasons they look so childish. If you didn't already know my name you could never guess it from my signature.  And not because I have bad handwriting, my handwriting is fine (us left handed people can have decent handwriting too!).  I guess I just think of it as a symbol for my name more than the name itself in normal writing. 

But I've never been called upon to sign a book. I suppose if I were I would sign my normal signature, though, since my name would already be legible on the front of the book, assuming I wrote the book. 

I can't imagine signing a book that a family member wrote. That seems very strange. 

The great thing about being an adult lefties is that I can scribble my signature now and now one thinks anything of it. Even better in a hospital setting because there is not a one of us with a legible signature.

Also, can I just say that when Anna moved in the house, she probably brought the bridesmaids dress with, and when moving back intentionally left it behind, and Jill snagged it up. Lmao.

In Jill's case, Wifey for lifey sounds exactly like what it is...a life sentence

I remember reading a discussion years and years ago about airhead wives who refer to their husbands as "hubby" and what would happen if aliens from another planet were to read about this mysterious "hubby" creature. It may have been on domestic_snark livejournal or the like. It was hilarious.

Yay for lefties! When I taught in China, my students said being left-handed was a sign that you were clever.  So I so def got a much needed who boost. 

When I worked in Trinidad and Tobago for a year at least a few people told me to rewrite my signature so that it was legible. I realized that the whole personalized signature thing was not necessarily universal, at least not among the people I was friends with there.

I definitely practiced my signature a lot as a kid. The ridiculous thing is that it looks a lot like my husband's signature!

Sam looks so much like dWRECK in that photo that I can't even...

blech. 

Wifies 4 Lifies could be Jill's next missionary project. A bunch of smug married women who bring their children to pro life events. Think of all the grifting fundraising oppurtunities.

The plural version of Wifey is not to be confused with Wifi.

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Wifies 4 Lifies could be Jill's next missionary project. A bunch of smug married women who bring their children to pro life events. Think of all the grifting fundraising oppurtunities.

I honestly can't believe this doesn't already exist. I mean, I guess it does, but without the organization name.

After a Google search I am now ashamed of, I found that you can purchase "Wifey for Lifey" merchandise! If Jill hadn't been barefoot, she could've worn wedding shoes with a wifey for lifey logo. Sigh... hindsight is 20/20.

I think Sammy is adorable. Saying that child looks like their parent and then saying blech makes me sad on behalf of the child. I fully appreciate that Derrick is blech. His son is an adorable, innocent party in this. 

19 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I went a few weeks dotting my i's with stars. What a fucking chore that was.

When I was in grade 10 - I had a nun who decided that I didn't cross my t's enough and the dots for my i's weren't QUITE lined up with the other part of the I. 

So I made it a point - just for her - to NEVER dot my i's. And to NEVER correct my t's. As a result - a million and a half years later - I still do NOT dot my I's (and I am just as sloppy with my t's) . All for Sister Rose. 

7 minutes ago, Meggo said:

When I was in grade 10 - I had a nun who decided that I didn't cross my t's enough and the dots for my i's weren't QUITE lined up with the other part of the I. 

So I made it a point - just for her - to NEVER dot my i's. And to NEVER correct my t's. As a result - a million and a half years later - I still do NOT dot my I's (and I am just as sloppy with my t's) . All for Sister Rose. 

I dot my I's, but the dot is hanging around somewhere above the word. Possibly way above the word. Generally nowhere near the rest of the i.

The first name in my signature is legible, but it's an easy 3-letter name. My last name is equally easy, but harder to read in my signature.

29 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I think Sammy is adorable. Saying that child looks like their parent and then saying blech makes me sad on behalf of the child. I fully appreciate that Derrick is blech. His son is an adorable, innocent party in this. 

That kind of thing has shades of “I hate the parents so I will dog on the kid!”  Very tacky and mean. 

1 hour ago, Meggo said:

I rarely dot I's as well, only when I need to make something very clear for some reason, but 98% of the time, nope.  T's are a different matter. 

Just curious- has "wifey4lifey" been suggested as a post count title yet? My phone makes it unpleasant to jump to rarely visited threads.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived