IGNORED

Fundies and the Marriage Market (Unmarried Fundies 5)

Bethella

LOL. On Levi's Facebook page, where you add your education, he says he "Studied Pastoral Ministires at Heartland Baptist Bible College". I'm pretty sure that's all I need to know about that "college." :pb_lol:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Is Hannah the same Paine sister who was previously in a relationship but it didn't work out for her? Let's hope her husband is nothing like her older sister Tabitha's so called headship...

Yes, she previously courted Dan Imondi.

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

LOL. On Levi's Facebook page, where you add your education, he says he "Studied Pastoral Ministires at Heartland Baptist Bible College". I'm pretty sure that's all I need to know about that "college." :pb_lol:

Here’s the Wikipedia list of their most well known alumni 

1F285D4B-5874-4931-B825-D2BB842B0908.jpeg

On 8/12/2018 at 5:20 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

here is the picture of Hannah and Levi 

Chad and his sister look so so much alike. And Hannah's wedding gown is beautiful. 

Her husband really looks kind of odd to me. Maybe too typical fundie!

56 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Her husband really looks kind of odd to me. Maybe too typical fundie!

I think it's because his suit fits so poorly. In that picture it seems strangely large, like he's doing some sort of Talking Heads thing.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:16 AM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I think it's because his suit fits so poorly. In that picture it seems strangely large, like he's doing some sort of Talking Heads thing.

This is what always gets me , why can't these fundie guys find suits that actually fit . This is another example of somebody looking like they're playing dress up with their father's clothes.

So I don't really follow this thread or either of these family's religously but I was just over reading the Bontrager blog where Chelsey was blogging about her how her and John met and she says this. 

As far as noticing John that night, though, I definitely didn't. I had just ended a relationship with another guy and couldn’t have been less interested in John or anyone!

did we know that she had a previous relationship before John? 

7 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

So I don't really follow this thread or either of these family's religously but I was just over reading the Bontrager blog where Chelsey was blogging about her how her and John met and she says this. 

did we know that she had a previous relationship before John? 

No. The Bontragers never announce relationships until the engagement. And they don’t use the term “courtship.” They just say relationship. We don’t even know if this was her only relationship before John. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Courtney Green seems to be in a relationship with someone named Daniel Widner.

Who’s Courtney Green? I don’t have her on any of the lists.

Just now, Bethella said:

Who’s Courtney Green? I don’t have her on any of the lists.

Oh she’s just a friend of the Bates family. She’s always at their house. Wasn’t she tutoring some of them at some point? I think Abigail Paine does that now. 

Here’s the picture of Courtney Green and her guy. She’s the one that went to cosmetology school with Josie and did hair for some of the girls for the BoRi wedding. 

Grace Sanders is getting married today. Addie is Paraguay and so far no indication then anyone else from their sphere is going. Will interesting to see what all leaks out.

5 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Grace Sanders is getting married today. Addie is Paraguay and so far no indication then anyone else from their sphere is going. Will interesting to see what all leaks out.

There seems to be a cooling of affections between the Sanders and Morton families. Am I wrong? 

7 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Norma Roberts Gilligan posted about it on her story, with what looks like a semi-recent picture of Grace with the Roberts girls, so looks like the Sanderses and Robertses are still close. Will keep my eyes peeled.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

There seems to be a cooling of affections between the Sanders and Morton families. Am I wrong? 

I think once they convinced Papa Morton that Noah was fundie enough for Dorothy to marry the Sanders' backed off the ultra-fundie playbook.  The rehearsal & wedding outfits most definitely do not meet fundie standards.  

I really like the old Sanders blog and they were kind of my pet fundie family back then. I'm wondering wether they re-thought a lot of their beliefs after the fall of VF. Although this process might have started even before that. Their blog was abandoned years before that IIRC.

I'd love to have more information about the, now all married, Sanders girls. Abby and Grace are both married to guys from the UK now, aren't they? Did they receive any kind of further education after graduating SODRT

Their older half sister Lora Lynn also seems more fundie lite these days. She was never the skirts only type, but I remember her stance on beating toddlers and getting young children to behave in church which included a paddle lurking out of her bag so that everyone knew what was about to happen if they acted out. She seems to homeschool her kids on a more than decent level though and they are also part in a coop.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Looks like Daisy Roberts was a bridesmaid, John and Campbell were there, and Campbell took a video of a very young baby, probably Valerie, so I think Andrew and Kennedy were there too. Martha commented on one of Lora Lynn's posts about the wedding, but I don't know if she was there. Seems the younger Mortons are closer to the Sanderses than the older ones are.

Also, I found a picture of a Sanders cousin (?) wearing a Black Lives Matter sweatshirt, and he has a kid named Scout Serenity Grace. Yes, after TKAM and Firefly. Cool. The distant relations are a good influence then. I still think Noah is pretty fundie; his blog is cringeworthy.

Oh, and Alex is a competitive acrobatic gymnast. Nike (and wow that's intense)!

On 8/12/2018 at 9:17 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Is Hannah the same Paine sister who was previously in a relationship but it didn't work out for her? Let's hope her husband is nothing like her older sister Tabitha's so called headship...

Yes, Hannah was courting Dan Imondi, Heartland class of '16-- he is now married as well: https://twitter.com/ImondiDan-- he got married two months ago to one of his Heartland classmates: https://www.theknot.com/us/cassandra-silvers-and-dan-imondi-jun-2018#our-story

So Hannah rebounded with Levi Pelletier, Heartland class of '17

My apologies for accidentally locking the thread. I have no clue how it happened but it wasn’t intentional. 

It just doesn't seem like Grace should be old enough to get married.  They were my most favorite fundies ever and I was crushed when they stopped blogging.  

1 hour ago, SoSoNosy said:

It just doesn't seem like Grace should be old enough to get married.  They were my most favorite fundies ever and I was crushed when they stopped blogging.  

She’s 22.

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived