IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 7: One Still Creative

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

her disingenuous nonsense, or a... Lotta Bullshit, if you will.

This part sums up her current Insta so perfectly.  

• Upvote 4

She needs to see a doctor for her acne, totally agree there's a Lotta Bullshit in what she has portrayed on that front. It looks serious, all those cures are doing nothing and it must be scarring terribly.  There are so many medical treatments for acne and definitely some which are compatible with being pregnant or breastfeeding. But i guess there's less wannabe-influencer cred in "I solved my acne with erythromycin and Adapalene!" than what she has peddled.

Her pregnancy posts are nauseating. Love her ongoing (unknowingly Koran inspired) love of dates to help prepare her body for labour. Again very poor evidence they help, it's just a Koran-inspired tradition.  #Muslimahpreggoladiesknow  But thank Rufus we got a hospital bag tour (??) and know she has something to wear after labour. I felt so #blessed #mamaspecial #hyggemama wearing the blood I'd haemorrhaged, giant undies and the leaked breastmilk down my shirt.

• Upvote 3

Differin gel is now over the counter. I use it. I think it helps with my acne. And it’s not crazy expensive. She could give it a try.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Differin  does work for acne but it is a retinoid.  Charlotte (or any pregnant /breast feeding woman) should NOT take this medication without  discussing it with their doctor. Here's a quote from the label on the drug:

"USE IN SPECIFIC POPULATIONS 8.1 Pregnancy Teratogenic effects. Pregnancy Category C.

Retinoids may cause fetal harm, when administered to pregnant women. Adapalene has been shown to be teratogenic in rats and rabbits when administered orally (see Animal Data below). There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. DIFFERIN Gel, 0.3% should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus. The safety and efficacy of DIFFERIN Gel, 0.3% in pregnancy has not been established."

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

On 2/29/2020 at 11:18 AM, Palimpsest said:

I also love the vintage ski pants @Gabe gave her for Christmas. :)

Yes, very nicely gifted, Gabe. I love the entire look she put together with those ski pants and the fair isle and (I think) milkmaid hair. It was so charming. 

Oh yes definitely wasn't saying Adapalene (or Differin) was pregnancy safe by mentioning it - totally agree that it's one to avoid in pregnancy! I didn't realise it wasn't prescription only in the US. She's so close to having the baby anyway. Many doctors here (Australia) will prescribe it for breastfeeding because of the poor absorption and I'd be comfortable using it myself, but I more meant that it's the kind of thing she could have used pre-pregnancy when she busy using whatever essential oil MLM it was they were trying to sell.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Charlotte's son was born yesterday, April 30. It appears from the photo that she may have given birth in a birthing center rather than at home as she originally indicated she planned to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Charlotte's son was born yesterday, April 30. It appears from the photo that she may have given birth in a birthing center rather than at home as she originally indicated she planned to do.

Glad that the baby arrived safely and that she & he appear to be doing well. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 1/24/2020 at 7:23 AM, nausicaa said:

I'm just wondering what is so selfless about being a stay at home wife? Considering Chatlotte chose this, they don't run a farm, and neither has serious medical issues, I imagine she has plenty of free time to relax and pursue her interests.

I've always gotten the impression the "mom self care" movement started because it's so demanding to be a mom and can consume your whole life. That's pretty much the opposite of her current day to day life.

FWIW, mom-shaming (for anyone expressing a need for “time for myself”) has existed for decades in the fundy movement. I remember sitting through a workshop that Susan (*?) Bradrick put on, where she basically denounced the “need” for “me time” as selfish, saying of her homemaking and mothering, “It’s *all* for me!” I can still hear her voice as she said it, even though I’m not sure I’m remembering her first name correctly anymore.

I remember feeling “less-than”, as I so often did in that community. She had way more kids than I did, and seemed both organized and joyful. I just couldn’t seem to get anything right. Nowadays I realize that was the cognitive dissonance trying to get my attention.

*Bradrick!’s mom. You should have seen the family at homeschool conventions. All the girls dressed in matching dresses. I was comforted recently when one of my kidults told me of being glad I never learned to sew competently so I wouldn’t have been able to copy the super-families’ fashions.

Edited by refugee
perfectionism
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 3/10/2020 at 3:53 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

So many fundie families are great examples of why you shouldn’t be completely enmeshed with your siblings.

I remember a book that was quite popular in our fundie community when the Boyer girls were young. It had a title something to do with Brothers and Sisters (being) Best Friends.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, refugee said:

I remember a book that was quite popular in our fundie community when the Boyer girls were young. It had a title something to do with Brothers and Sisters (being) Best Friends.

They all must’ve read it. I’m so sick of all fundie families on social media proclaiming their best friends with their siblings. It’s pathetic.

• Upvote 3

On 2/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Charlotte “likes” every single post of Braggie’s. She wants to be just like her. And if I’m being honest, I can imagine her turning into Braggie in 10 years. That’s just sad.

1160B8AC-CC39-4E8F-B164-BF68163D6005.jpeg

Who is Braggie?

11 minutes ago, refugee said:

She had way more kids than I did, and seemed both organized and joyful.

Yeah, that would have been Susan Bradrick, Bradrick!'s mother.

Her kids were probably organized & "joyful" because she was a charter member of the child-beating school, along with the Pearls.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, refugee said:

Who is Braggie?

Abbie Haberstadt, M Is For Mama on instagram.  She has a sub forum here; we just started thread #6.  In summary, Braggie Abbie is the queen of the humble brag, has more kids than she wants—and should have, has a closet bigger than most bedrooms, makes her kids do her chores (the oldest is only 13) while she buys a ton of home decor crap that she doesn’t need, lives in a gargantuan self-designed fire trap of a McMansion, homeschools even though she hates it, and is self-absorbed beyond belief.  Take some rescue ferrets with you if you venture over there.  

I was looking around via filters a few weeks back, and apparently little Lotta here follows The Activist Mommy. I don’t read that thread, but someone noticed that Charlotte commented on TAM’s pending divorce.

Edited by catlady
@&$?ing autocorrect
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, catlady said:

I was looking around via filters a few weeks back, and apparently little Lotta here follows The Activist Mommy. I don’t read that thread, but someone noticed that Charlotte commented on TAM’s pending divorce.

Oohh spill the beans, what is Charlotte's comment on the divorce?

I can go back and dig it up when I get on the laptop later this evening, but the gist of it is that she likes TAM.  Yep, she likes TAM and Braggie.  I had such high hopes for her......

10 minutes ago, catlady said:

I can go back and dig it up when I get on the laptop later this evening, but the gist of it is that she likes TAM.  Yep, she likes TAM and Braggie.  I had such high hopes for her......

TAM constantly spews hate. She’s the perfect example of a bully. She puts down everyone that doesn't think exactly like her. She calls names. She shames people for being who they are. She brags about herself and her family. She lives in a million dollar home and begs for money. She beat her kids and taught others how to beat their kids. She demonizes her ex although they seem equally horrible. She gets drag queen story hour shut down all over the place. She screams her head off outside abortion clinics. She’s the worst of the worst. And Charlotte likes her. That tells you all you need to know about Charlotte. 

Here is what she wrote to TAM:

B7A8542E-EFF5-4D67-B0E1-B2EED703E1DC.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 3

Lottacrap has spent the past 10 months of her courtship/wedding/ first pregnancy doing a dragnet on every social media account of reasonably high-profile fundy mommy grammers, liking, cross-posting, tagging, and generally fawning in an effort to get some clout. Charlotte feeds on attention in any form she can get it. You can bet your sweet bippy that she is bent on rebuilding some semblance of the stale Boyer Sisters empire for herself, by any means necessary. Nickname or not, "Fritz" is about to be exploited more than the average newborn zoo giraffe.

On the one hand, I know she's doing this because she realizes that being an "influencer"  is the only life outside of her monochromatic trend shack that she's ever going to have. It's rather pathetic, but there you have it. On the other hand, watching anyone suck up to these idiotic, selfish, aggressively shallow hate mongers is just sickening.

• Upvote 10

15 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Charlotte feeds on attention in any form she can get it. You can bet your sweet bippy that she is bent on rebuilding some semblance of the stale Boyer Sisters empire for herself, by any means necessary. Nickname or not, "Fritz" is about to be exploited more than the average newborn zoo giraffe.

He’s exactly two days old, and she’s already sharing photos of herself breastfeeding. Yes, her breast is covered and yes, I firmly believe breastfeeding should be normalized. But someone who has spent their life preaching modesty above all else should not do a heel-turn like that without acknowledging the shift in view. It’s the same as how they very publicly disparaged skinny jeans for years, but once she took a fancy to them they were suddenly okay as long as you have the body for it. (Which I don’t, but wear them I will!) Maybe it’s nitpicky, but she’s really been rubbing me the wrong way with all this preachy mama business (when she didn’t have a child earthside until now) and I’m a bit fed up with her. ?

Edited by thisjuststinks
Trying to fix the quote I somehow broke!
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, thisjuststinks said:

Maybe it’s nitpicky, but she’s really been rubbing me the wrong way with all this preachy mama business (when she didn’t have a child earthside until now) 

It’s the innate fundie talent of thinking you’re an expert on anything if you’ve thought about it long enough. She’s in for a rough time these next few months as perfectly curated “mamahood” clashes against a newborn. 

• Upvote 9

On 5/1/2020 at 3:54 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They all must’ve read it. I’m so sick of all fundie families on social media proclaiming their best friends with their siblings. It’s pathetic.

I think this is referencing the book "Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends" by the Mally siblings (as in Sarah Mally). And yes, the book itself is NAUSEATING. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Mleestarr said:

I think this is referencing the book "Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends" by the Mally siblings (as in Sarah Mally). And yes, the book itself is NAUSEATING. 

Yes! That was it. I looked it up just now, and you can find it on Amazon, complete with an endorsement from Beall Phillips.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, catlady said:

Abbie Haberstadt, M Is For Mama on instagram.  She has a sub forum here; we just started thread #6.  In summary, Braggie Abbie is the queen of the humble brag, has more kids than she wants—and should have, has a closet bigger than most bedrooms, makes her kids do her chores (the oldest is only 13) while she buys a ton of home decor crap that she doesn’t need, lives in a gargantuan self-designed fire trap of a McMansion, homeschools even though she hates it, and is self-absorbed beyond belief.  Take some rescue ferrets with you if you venture over there.  

She has eight kids currently, including a set of twins. Who she absolutely DID NOT WANT, apparently, and mentioned this in their birthday post on Instagram. She is currently gestating #9 *and* #10... yup, twins again. Identical boys this time; her other set of twins are girls. Abbie is (one of) the worst fundie mothers on here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

She has eight kids currently, including a set of twins. Who she absolutely DID NOT WANT, apparently, and mentioned this in their birthday post on Instagram. She is currently gestating #9 *and* #10... yup, twins again. Identical boys this time; her other set of twins are girls. Abbie is (one of) the worst fundie mothers on here.

I vacillated between “thank you” and “sad” in reacting to this. “Sad” won out.

Reminds me of the time a friend was enthusing about how she couldn’t wait until school started up again so she could get rid of her kids for a few hours a day. I saw the hurt looks on her kids’ faces.

I know she was a loving mom, but...it made me more careful about saying hurtful things in front of my kids, even jokingly.

• Upvote 1

Oh MY. I read the Boyer sisters casually back in the day and commented on an old forum maybe once or twice a few years ago. Of all of the fundie blogs they have always been the most interesting to me! When I first found their blog at first glance I assumed that they were some quirky PNW family who homeschooled and made their own dresses for non religious reasons (stop laughing, at the time modcloth and the vintage look was really taking off in Seattle, where I lived, paired with tattoos and dyed black hair among the alternative crowd). So when I kept reading their blog and uncovered some of their politics I was fairly surprised, not just because of how conservative they were, but also because of how YOUNG they were. They sounded like 25-40 year olds, even when they were in their early teens. I agree with other posters who have said that the vintage look was driven by Brigid, and I feel like part of the reason Jessica and Charlotte went along with it was, A. a distaste for the general fundie fashion of the time (I believe we were still in jean skirt crunchy curl territory) and B. because the vintage cosplaying placed them in a time period where what they were doing (dressing modestly) was not outside of the norm. Charlotte and Jessica have always seemed much less comfortable standing out than Brigid, who had continued to wear and create vintage patterns while Jessica and Charlotte have jumped onto every fundie bandwagon trying to find a label that fits (B. Well?). Charlotte in particular has always struck me because of her lack of perspective on her own wisdom and age. I think being so isolated and being homeschooled may have contributed to this, and her limited exposure to people who had achieved more than her, gotten college degrees (not the ultimate mark of success by any means but still), and have generally more impressive interpersonal and professional portfolios. Jessica seemed to act more her own age in many ways, with less bravado and confidence and more angst. And while its completely appropriate for young people to reinvent themselves and try new things, it's hard to not be at least a little annoyed by it when that person doesn't seem to learn from any of their previous forms, and is also lecturing you? Its also a little alarming to watch because having seen Charlotte/Lotta/Moddyapple? move through so many phases in such a short time, this phase is is one that cannot be moved out of. Motherhood is very, very permanent, and she seems to have the same lack of perspective on her own abilities and experience for this phase of her life as she has for the others. 

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic