IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 7: One Still Creative

Coconut Flan

Regarding earrings/hoops/studs and babies, here is my alternative thing. I always wear dangly earrings (big or small, plain or ornate) instead of anything with a hook or closing system that needs 2 hands to operate. That way, if a baby grabs for them, you can hold the baby hand and unhook them easily with just one of your own. All 3 of my kids, my much younger siblings and all the other various babies I have held since about age 13 have usually been more interested in my hair or glasses...

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

"lotta" is going on my nerves, all her "momma" talk... sheesh, girl, you are pregnant, you have zero experience, yet you feel the need to spread your "wisdom" for everyone,  you have NO idea

"Lotta" is the most try-hard self-induced nickname, and the fact that she makes her husband call her that (allegedly, since she's the one who claims he uses the nickname) just emphasizes the cringe all the more. She didn't use "Lotta" until she started her website business "Lottas Web" a few years ago (that had one official paid job, based on what she recorded on the now-deleted site), and she never used it "professionally" as a singer, or later when she worked as her dad's assistant. Her sisters never used it on social media, she never used it on any of the myriad websites, web businesses, or MLM's they tried to pimp over the years. She was always Charlotte Boyer. When Brigid's eldest was born, she insisted that she was "Auntie Lotta" in the handful of pics she posted with him, but she even quit that after a while since it was, you know, a ridiculous affectation that didn't come naturally and didn't catch on with anyone else.

but yeah, sure, her husband just naturally picked the name on his own and it's totally not something she trained him to do as part of her rEinVeNtiOn as a mommy lifestyle grammer who shills etsy jewelry to her dozens of followers.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

She did have an Insta account called “Lotta Style” somewhere between ModdyApple and the current one.  

I looked it up, and it’s still there.  It consists of 32 posts from Sept and Oct 2018, and 28 of them are of herself.  In the description, she claims to be a “fashionista since 1999.”  She’s 20/21, so since birth, huh? Yeah, i know a lot of babies who are fashionistas.  Anyway, her current BandB account is following it.

• Upvote 3

Oh good golly. I just can't with this trio of fundie maiden simpletons. None has ever had an original thought, much less an authentic, organic personality. They're such stage 5 wannabes and drive me bonkers. 

The minute they're married they preen and flaunt their marriedness as proof of adulthood. Then in another 10 minutes become marriage and momma experts, dispensing unsolicited, worthless advice to their dozen followers. 

If they want to be taken seriously, they should drop the affectations and mimicry, put down the phone, and read a freakin non-jesusy book or 200. Then learn how to be a good human and contribute to their community, thereby limiting (hopefully) their seemingly endless supply of self-absorption. 

(Note: Brigid may have redeemed herself significantly by choosing to focus on her hubs and tykes + sewing hobby.  I don't follow her.)

Rant over. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

"Lotta" is the most try-hard self-induced nickname, and the fact that she makes her husband call her that (allegedly, since she's the one who claims he uses the nickname) just emphasizes the cringe all the more. She didn't use "Lotta" until she started her website business "Lottas Web" a few years ago (that had one official paid job, based on what she recorded on the now-deleted site), and she never used it "professionally" as a singer, or later when she worked as her dad's assistant. Her sisters never used it on social media, she never used it on any of the myriad websites, web businesses, or MLM's they tried to pimp over the years. She was always Charlotte Boyer. When Brigid's eldest was born, she insisted that she was "Auntie Lotta" in the handful of pics she posted with him, but she even quit that after a while since it was, you know, a ridiculous affectation that didn't come naturally and didn't catch on with anyone else.

but yeah, sure, her husband just naturally picked the name on his own and it's totally not something she trained him to do as part of her rEinVeNtiOn as a mommy lifestyle grammer who shills etsy jewelry to her dozens of followers.

Her try hard nickname for herself goes well with her try hard nickname for her fetus. I’m embarrassed for her. I read her posts and I get second hand embarrassment for her. Because I know she’s not embarrassed at all. 

• Upvote 4

On 2/14/2020 at 2:40 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Charlotte has said that they will be calling the baby “Fritz” online for the sale of privacy. Which is 100 percent fine by me. I’m cool with children’s privacy. However she just had to choose a pretentious online nickname for the poor lad, lol.

Is the name "Fritz" seen as pretentious in the US? I was really chuckling at the idea. Here in Austria Fritz is a very sensible, down to earth name. A bit boring, a bit out of fashion with the younger generation, but in my parents' age group it is one of the most common names.  I know at least five Fritzes.

6 minutes ago, dharmapunk said:

Is the name "Fritz" seen as pretentious in the US? I was really chuckling at the idea. Here in Austria Fritz is a very sensible, down to earth name. A bit boring, a bit out of fashion with the younger generation, but in my parents' age group it is one of the most common names.  I know at least five Fritzes.

It’s extremely rare here in the US. Therefore it comes off as Charlotte trying too hard to sound European. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

If you look up the list of the 1000 top baby boy names in the US, Fritz hasn’t been on the list for last two decades at least. Basically almost no one uses the name. That’s why it’s so strange for her to use it as an online nickname. Her sister just uses an initial for her kids. Her son is A and her daughter is E. That’s much more common and less pretentious. I think Brigid is much more relatable than Charlotte. And she dresses like she lives in the last century! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

This was an interesting thread to read through (I hadn’t noticed before that there was a Boyer sisters thread on here - I’m here for the Duggar and Bates juicies) because I happen to know the Boyers IRL. I knew them through social media before IRL but the weird thing is that yes, they really are like that. ?

Has anyone looked at Jessica’s social media pages? I think it’s really interesting how all 3 of them were on such similar tracks in their teen years and they’ve really gone in different directions now, some of which I wouldn’t have expected. Jessica is very modern and doesn’t seem as interested in the home making side of things. Looking at the family picture from Jessica’s wedding, it was almost amusing to see the difference... Jessica’s mermaid style strapless wedding dress, Bridget’s circa 19th century traditional dress and Charlotte’s ModCloth/Shabby Apple-esque dress. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I get the feeling that Charlotte is lonely and bored at home. I think she is desperate for some company and adult conversation. When she worked she obviously had an outlet and at home she had at least one sister for company. I'll bet that right now she is alone a lot of the time. Her husband is busy doing a job that she used to do and what does she have? Not enough for her IMO. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I get the feeling that Charlotte is lonely and bored at home. I think she is desperate for some company and adult conversation. When she worked she obviously had an outlet and at home she had at least one sister for company. I'll bet that right now she is alone a lot of the time. Her husband is busy doing a job that she used to do and what does she have? Not enough for her IMO. 

Unfortunately, babies don’t cure loneliness. She will likely still be quite lonely after the baby is born as well. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Unfortunately, babies don’t cure loneliness. She will likely still be quite lonely after the baby is born as well. 

TBH I'm worried it will be worse for her after the baby is born. I remember when my sister was home on mat leave. She enjoyed being at home with her children but she really missed the interaction and intellectual stimulation of being at work. My sister knew she was going back to work and had a safe place to vent about missing work so it was no big deal but what can Charlotte do other than pray and pretend  as hard as she can that she doesn't miss having a job and is happy with only the roles of wife/mother. I hope it works out well for her but she's one I'd keep an extra watch out for depression if I were her doctor.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, browngrl said:

TBH I'm worried it will be worse for her after the baby is born. I remember when my sister was home on mat leave. She enjoyed being at home with her children but she really missed the interaction and intellectual stimulation of being at work. My sister knew she was going back to work and had a safe place to vent about missing work so it was no big deal but what can Charlotte do other than pray and pretend  as hard as she can that she doesn't miss having a job and is happy with only the roles of wife/mother. I hope it works out well for her but she's one I'd keep an extra watch out for depression if I were her doctor.

She needs to find a moms group in her area. It would help her a lot but I kind of doubt she will bother trying to find one. 

• I Agree 1

14 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

(Note: Brigid may have redeemed herself significantly by choosing to focus on her hubs and tykes + sewing hobby.  I don't follow her.)

I definitely agree with this.  I respectfully disagree with you that Brigid has ever been quite as air-headed as her sisters.  Young, ignorant, and indifferently educated, but always pursuing her passions and developing quite astonishing skills as a seamstress.

I believe she was the driving force behind the singing, the blog and the whole Boyer vintage look.  And that is why the other two fell apart when she got married.  I never had much time for either Ms Wilting Flower Jessica or Ms Perky Try-hard Chatterbox "Lotta." 

Brigid has always spent far less time navel gazing and more time creating.  

I've been following her on Brijee patterns.  She's posting quite regularly, always interesting if rather costume-like vintage clothes.  And she's trying to set up a made-to-order garment business.  She's starting with those Linden Lady Palazzo Pants.  Sorry, Brigie, those pants would make me look the size of a barn.  But good luck.

The needle felting on the coat and bonnet she made for little E's is adorable, and I quite covet the Peter Rabbit toy she knitted for her little boy.

I also love the vintage ski pants @Gabe gave her for Christmas. :)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I've been following her on Brijee patterns.  She's posting quite regularly, always interesting if rather costume-like vintage clothes.  And she's trying to set up a made-to-order garment business.  She's starting with those Linden Lady Palazzo Pants.  Sorry, Brigie, those pants would make me look the size of a barn.  But good luck.

I’ve been reading her blog, too.  I wonder why she started with the palazzo pants instead of her skirt and top.  Even if I could pull off the look, i would never wear them because they seem way to impractical outside of a formal setting.  For work, home, or errands, they look like a trip hazard waiting to happen.  There’s no way I could wear them while hauling a basket of laundry up from the basement.  They look nice, but at no point in my life would I have worn them.

• I Agree 2

3 hours ago, catlady said:

I’ve been reading her blog, too.  I wonder why she started with the palazzo pants instead of her skirt and top.  Even if I could pull off the look, i would never wear them because they seem way to impractical outside of a formal setting.  For work, home, or errands, they look like a trip hazard waiting to happen.  There’s no way I could wear them while hauling a basket of laundry up from the basement.  They look nice, but at no point in my life would I have worn them.

I will say that I’ve seen quite a few “palazzo style” pants in stores lately. People do wear them. But like you said, they aren’t terribly practical. So I don’t think they are super popular. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Oh good golly. I just can't with this trio of fundie maiden simpletons. None has ever had an original thought, much less an authentic, organic personality. They're such stage 5 wannabes and drive me bonkers. 

The minute they're married they preen and flaunt their marriedness as proof of adulthood. Then in another 10 minutes become marriage and momma experts, dispensing unsolicited, worthless advice to their dozen followers. 

If they want to be taken seriously, they should drop the affectations and mimicry, put down the phone, and read a freakin non-jesusy book or 200. Then learn how to be a good human and contribute to their community, thereby limiting (hopefully) their seemingly endless supply of self-absorption. 

Rant over. 

You totally win the internet today. So much truth!

*Raises hand timidly* I have two pairs of palazzo-style pants.  They're knit and some of the most comfortable clothes I own.  I wear them when I want to look dressy while feeling like I'm in pajamas and I always get compliments.  But I grew up as a skirt-wearing fundie, so I'm used to navigating long hems.  And I have a fairly sedentary job, so I don't live in fear of stepping on them.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

On 2/29/2020 at 7:24 AM, wakeamy said:

This was an interesting thread to read through (I hadn’t noticed before that there was a Boyer sisters thread on here - I’m here for the Duggar and Bates juicies) because I happen to know the Boyers IRL. I knew them through social media before IRL but the weird thing is that yes, they really are like that. ?

Has anyone looked at Jessica’s social media pages? I think it’s really interesting how all 3 of them were on such similar tracks in their teen years and they’ve really gone in different directions now, some of which I wouldn’t have expected. Jessica is very modern and doesn’t seem as interested in the home making side of things. Looking at the family picture from Jessica’s wedding, it was almost amusing to see the difference... Jessica’s mermaid style strapless wedding dress, Bridget’s circa 19th century traditional dress and Charlotte’s ModCloth/Shabby Apple-esque dress. 

Are you still in contact with them? I’m very curious to know if they act irl how they portray themselves online. I’ve no doubt Brigid is representing herself accurately, but I do wonder about the other two. And Jessica has gone pretty quiet on social media, from what I can see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 4:27 PM, thisjuststinks said:

Are you still in contact with them? I’m very curious to know if they act irl how they portray themselves online. I’ve no doubt Brigid is representing herself accurately, but I do wonder about the other two. And Jessica has gone pretty quiet on social media, from what I can see. 

Not directly. I still have several mutual friends with them. Jessica has gone quiet on public social media but does still post privately sometimes. I had heard some rumors that made me think there was a family rift around the time Charlotte and Jessica got married, but it never was confirmed and they all attended the other’s weddings. 

• Upvote 2

So many fundie families are great examples of why you shouldn’t be completely enmeshed with your siblings.

• I Agree 3

• 1 month later...

I feel like "Lotta" is getting worse on social media. Or maybe it's the cumulative experience of looking at her posts that has made me pass my ??‍♀️? threshold...

She recently posted a pic of her and her now-husband when they first met and captioned it with something "awww... we were babies". This was a whole 1.5 years ago. Is she serious?!?

She really seems to believe that getting married instantly makes you an adult. Of course, for someone like her it's a huge change, and she probably really has matured in some ways (I hope). But having sex a few times, moving to a different house and getting pregnant don't give her the authority to dole out marriage or baby advice like she been doing. She's only been married for a hot second! (BTW in that pic from when they met they looked exactly the same as they do now.)

I wonder what she did with her free time before she re-started her Instagram. All that navel gazing must have been lonely without an audience...

And please, someone find me a post of hers that doesn't include "you guys".

"Ha ha, you guys, I'm so awkward. My curls are so cute, I can't even, you guys. I'm wearing a shirt like everyone else but it's special because I'm wearing it, you guys! You guys, I need special oil for my hands because I'm sooo hard on them because I wash dishes almost very day and sometimes do yard work! No one else does this! But I like wearing sweatpants, I'm so relatable, you guys!!!" Who goes for this disingenuous stuff?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Paperplate said:

And please, someone find me a post of hers that doesn't include "you guys".

In one of her more recent IG stories she *wrote* “you guys” twice in one sentence. I emphasise wrote because it can happen when you speak; I realised when captioning my Ig stories that I say “and so” a lot and everything becomes one long sentence. But written down? Cut it out! 

her “my beauty routine” thing was also the dullest thing ever. Cureology, some cuticle oil, a base coat on the nails. Truly re-vo-lutionary. 

• Haha 3

Things that have "cured" the acne that Charlotte has had non-stop for the past 8 years:

* Giving up sugar (specifically chocolate) 

* Essential Oils

* Curology

* Fermented foods

* "Clean" makeup that some other fundy was making in small batches in their bathtub

* "Clean" makeup that was being shilled by a MLM

* No makeup

* Jesus

Absolutely NO SHADE being thrown on sufferers of acne; I battled acne for all of my teens, and most of my adulthood too. It can be incredibly difficult to maintain a sense of self-worth when your face is swollen and blistered into an entirely new and awful configuration every single day. But her "cures" seem to be directly proportional to the amount of time she's willing to spend on pancake foundation and photo-filters at any given time. The effort and sophisticated antics put into deceiving her readership (most of which were/are teenagers) is basically the only truly "mature" thing about Charlotte. It's all just another form of her disingenuous nonsense, or a... Lotta Bullshit, if you will.

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Paperplate said:

She recently posted a pic of her and her now-husband when they first met and captioned it with something "awww... we were babies". This was a whole 1.5 years ago. Is she serious?!?

Gasping "we were babies!" when looking back at wedding or dating photos is a reflex few can resist, but most people wait until their 25th or so anniversary ?

And most don't bother to say it themselves, they just post the photo and 967 other people will say it for them. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic