IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 7: One Still Creative

Coconut Flan

They're made of recycled plastic bottles and fabric. Comfy, probably overpriced because of the hype around them and fine enough shoes, but not exactly what I'd call slick, professional and high class. Up close they look like the squishy/casual shoes they are. I have a pair I wear on weekends at work sometimes. Fabulous for me because they look fairly smart but I can just toss them in the wash after, which is why I went to the trouble of getting them sent to me via a shipping service!

Alas, mine are not an impactful part of my personal brand puzzle. They're just things I put on my feet which are prettier than Crocs but still washable.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 7/11/2018 at 4:22 PM, FiddleDD said:

My dad still has (and uses) those rubber overshoes. I thought they were hilarious as a kid, because they looked like shoes but wiggled like jello.

i was totally on board with minimal hair washing (once a week), diluted shampoo, ect, until I moved a few years ago. The building I live in has a water softening system and it took me over a year to figure out why my hair was suddenly unmanageable. It was somehow super frizzy but also an oil slick. I reached a point where I would wash my hair and it was STILL oily when it dried. 

So I bought some clarifying shampoo and finally figured out that I couldn’t wash it the way I was in soft water. (I should have guessed, we can barely use any soap in the washing machine/dishwasher, water softeners are weird) Now I shampoo twice with generous amounts (soft water build up, ugh), use a pea sized amount of conditioner on the ends only, a vinegar rinse, and can’t go more than two days without washing. I used to but shampoo once a year and now it takes me longer than that to go through a bottle of conditioner.

Hair is weird, y’all.

Huh.  I used to have very oily hair and needed to wash it every day.  I usually washed it at night (mother's rules, you couldn't go to bed "dirty") and it would be oily and gross by 3pm the next day.  So if I had somewhere to be in the evening and wanted to look nice, I would have to wash it at night and then again in the morning.

Now I wash it 2-3 times a week, whatever time of day I feel like.   more often only if there's something I need to look especially nice for that doesn't coincide with a regular washing.  I thought my hair wasn't as greasy because I'm older now but the other change is that my mother's house has a water softener and stupidly soft water and my water here is stupidly hard (I wish there was a middle ground!).  I never considered that as a factor.  You learn something new every day!

$145 for a pair of flats seems insane to me, though I have spent $100+ on a pair of boots.  And I just spent 70€ on a pair of platform sandals I adore but probably won't wear super often (they were 70% off and made my heart sing and I haven't bought a new pair of shoes in forever).  I'm not really judging.  Just wish she'd spend half of that on some real books or something.

Edited by IntrinsicallyDisordered
  • Upvote 5

Have to show off those shoes and talk about Jesus. *sigh* 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Have to show off those shoes and talk about Jesus. *sigh* 

Pet peeve: it's so irritating to me when these young adults post their deep life lessons, using decent vocabulary, then throw in modern slang words such as "suck" and "sucky." Or, which is not the case here, use text-speak. Surely you could have come up with a better phrase to end your grown-up musings?!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

It's been awhile since their BWell page had content...could it be they're having trouble turning a profit for the snake oil?

• Upvote 6

I hope the snake oil project falls by the wayside; Charlotte seems to be focusing on her job, so maybe (hopefully?) she doesn’t have the time to dedicate to it anymore. I don’t know what Jessica’s doing all day, but maybe she’s losing interest too. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Charlotte is grateful for her trials! Yes, it's all a trial and a tribulation at that age. Dramatics! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Charlotte is grateful for her trials! Yes, it's all a trial and a tribulation at that age. Dramatics! 

On the one hand, I roll my eyes at how dramatic they are. On the other hand, I'm kind of glad I didn't have much social media as a teenager. When I was looking through my journals from when I was 16, 17, 18, I cringed at what I thought were deep thoughts.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Unfortunately I am aware of both doing the journal version and the social media version of these dramatics! Some I wish I could take back!
I've stopped using social media for the most part, because this vague drivel began to feel inauthentic and silly.

Who would like to venture a completely unfounded guess that this was internship guy's last day? [emoji137]

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

I think the next one in a courtship and marrying will be Charlotte. Jessica comes off as deeply jaded and socially awkward. Well, more awkward then a standard fundi

• Upvote 1

Goddamn it! I have sunglasses like those. I will never be able to love them in the same way. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

Unfortunately I am aware of both doing the journal version and the social media version of these dramatics! Some I wish I could take back!
I've stopped using social media for the most part, because this vague drivel began to feel inauthentic and silly.

Who would like to venture a completely unfounded guess that this was internship guy's last day? emoji137.png

Bless her little Boyer heart.  She's in love.

♪♫♬ I expect everyone on FreeJinger to make fun
Of my hints and suggestions of love and romance,
And they'll say I'm naive as a babe - not believe me
Every time I swoon over a new person in pants.

Fearlessly I'll face them and tempt them to snark away,
Loudly I'll sing about Jesus and boys,
Flatly I'll stand on my little flat feet and say
Love is just grand and I'm making a wonderful noise!
I'm not ashamed to reveal
The world shakin' feelin' I feel.

I'm as corny as Cincy in July,
I'm as normal as blueberry pie.
No more a pining away Sister,
I have found me a wonderful guy!

I am in a typical dither,
With a God-lovin' star in my eye.
And you will see there's a lot more to me
As I gush over that wonderful guy!

I'm as trite and soppy as a silly young poppy,
A cliche comin' true!
I'm as prayerful and bright
As a butterfly's flight
Because I don't feel so blue!

I'm as corny as Cincy in July,
High as a kite right up in the sky!
If you'll excuse an expression I use,
I'm in love, I'm in love,
I'm in love, I'm in love,
I'm in love with a wonderful guy!  ♪♫♬

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 5

The fantastic day probably included a heartfelt farewell with vague romantic undertones which she can hang her single, pining, lonely hat on for at least two years!

Possibly some very intense eye contact?make it 3+ years! She'll hold on so long that it will very much weird this guy out and years later she'll wonder why she wasted so much of her life thinking about him*!

*not speaking from any personal experience, naturally.

Sarcasm font off-- I actually believe I did these types of things because of attachment issues. Unrequited love is the safest love: no true intimacy involved. You can go forever and no one has to actually know you! Perfect for a person like Charlotte who seems to have been raised in a home with very little emotional safety.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

She makes me want to puke.

It is rather barfable.

15 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:

The fantastic day probably included a heartfelt farewell with vague romantic undertones which she can hang her single, pining, lonely hat on for at least two years!

Possibly some very intense eye contact?make it 3+ years! She'll hold on so long that it will very much weird this guy out and years later she'll wonder why she wasted so much of her life thinking about him*!

I'm sure you are right but I hope to goodness it is reciprocated and he is a nice guy.  The thought of Charlotte doing a Jessica and pining for years for a lost love makes my blood run cold.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Jhamishwat said:

On the one hand, I roll my eyes at how dramatic they are. On the other hand, I'm kind of glad I didn't have much social media as a teenager. When I was looking through my journals from when I was 16, 17, 18, I cringed at what I thought were deep thoughts.  

Back in the dark ages when I was in grade 10, I kept a diary, with all the melodrama of any ordinary 15yo.  I found it in storage about 20 years later, and I found its content so terribly cringeworthy that I took it to work, tore out the pages, and stuffed them in the industrial crosscut shredder so that those words would never see the light of day again.  What a relief that we didn’t have blogs back then.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Goddamn it! I have sunglasses like those. I will never be able to love them in the same way. 

I do too!  And now they’ll just scream Charlotte every time I wear them........

85805B1E-F801-4302-9C96-7941523CD06C.jpeg

Edited by catlady
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It is rather barfable.

I'm sure you are right but I hope to goodness it is reciprocated and he is a nice guy.  The thought of Charlotte doing a Jessica and pining for years for a lost love makes my blood run cold.

No. There's no room for two moody, weepy Boyers. Sorry, that would be too much drama! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, catlady said:

Back in the dark ages when I was in grade 10, I kept a diary, with all the melodrama of any ordinary 15yo.  I found it in storage about 20 years later, and I found its content so terribly cringeworthy that I took it to work, tore out the pages, and stuffed them in the industrial crosscut shredder so that those words would never see the light of day again.

I never kept a journal.  I knew my mother would find and read it.  I did have an approved notebook wherein I copied approved (not good) Christian poetry and occasional deep and meaningful thoughts.  I'm sure they were barfable.

I wrote my deep and meaningful thoughts in very bad poetry and hoped my parental units would not twig the difference.  They didn't. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

What a relief that we didn’t have blogs back then.

From the bottom of my heart - YES!  I feel so sorry for the current generation.  The internet is forever but dead trees can be shredded.

I destroyed that notebook long ago, but now I rather wish I had kept it because we all could have had a really big laugh at my expense.

And @catlady those sunglasses are seriously cool.:my_cool:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

I've kept all my diaries with all their dramatics! :) I haven't read them since I finished them, I don't intend to read them again in my lifetime. I do hope that someone gets a grand kick out of my dramatics when I'm dead and gone! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

People should hating on their sunglasses simply due to a certain someone wearing a similar style. Those are all beautiful sunglasses and should be respected as such.

I burned my old diaries just after college...guess part of me is still prone to dramatic gestures. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But thank the heavens that there isn't an internet recording and sharing all the nonsense involved in the process of me reaching maturity (or at least as close as I'll get). 

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

People need to stop hating on their sunglasses simply due to a certain someone wearing a similar style. Those are all beautiful sunglasses and should be respected as such.

I burned my old diaries just after college...guess part of me is still prone to dramatic gestures. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes. I too have retro sunglasses. I try to ignore anything cool a fundy I am really annoyed with is doing. Hard at times. And they are way up at the top of my gag list right now.

...I am sooo good at dramatic disposal. I’ve trashed and burned all sorts of crap. Yearbooks, photos, letters, drumsticks, artwork. Very cathartic. If a positive memory isn’t attached, I don’t keep it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Bridgriel. :P 

Spoiler

Charlotte is in Lexington, KY. Or was. Who can keep track? 

Spoiler

Someone sketched Charlotte and Jessica, it's all terribly exciting. 

I love my sunglasses, I wore them today. It's not their fault! 

• Upvote 5

Am I the only one who keeps reading that as "moldyapple?"

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic