• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Boyer Sisters Part 7: One Still Creative

zeebaneighba

I regularly drive for 7 - 8 hours at a time with no ill effects.  Shoot; I've driven 90 miles one way just to go yarn shopping!  I do stop every couple of hours for food, gas, and/or bathroom breaks, but it really is not that big a deal.  My kids both live 12+ hours away from me in places that are 7 hours apart from each other.  If I stopped after 5 hours, I'd spend so many days getting there I would not have time to spend with them.

Your mileage clearly varies,  No pun intended!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Happy
singsingsing

One of my grandma's uncles was (in)famous in the family for driving like a maniac, and driving all over hell's half acre. Once he drove 14 hours from his hometown to Montreal, turned around the same night and drove back. I don't know if he was on drugs or what, but to this day I cannot fathom how anyone could do that.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

Jana814

I hate driving on the highways. Mostly because of the crazy drivers who drive on them. I'm lucky in a sense that in my area of New Jersey their are so many towns around me that I can access without the highway. Like for my dog walking business I try and focus on towns that are close by to where I live. 

zeebaneighba
19 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I hate driving on the highways. Mostly because of the crazy drivers who drive on them. I'm lucky in a sense that in my area of New Jersey their are so many towns around me that I can access without the highway. Like for my dog walking business I try and focus on towns that are close by to where I live. 

Oh, I hate highways, too.  I used to have a cartoon magented to my fridge that defines someone who avoids highways as a "shunpiker."   I could drive all the way to @Shoobydoo's on surface roads if I wanted to (and I wanted to take several days doing it!) but I usually trade off driving on the highway and surface roads in an effort to balance driving comfort with time.  

Seahorse Wrangler
23 hours ago, singsingsing said:

One of my grandma's uncles was (in)famous in the family for driving like a maniac, and driving all over hell's half acre. Once he drove 14 hours from his hometown to Montreal, turned around the same night and drove back. I don't know if he was on drugs or what, but to this day I cannot fathom how anyone could do that.

I had to drive from Nova Scotia( Amherst) to where we live 70 km north of Montreal in a day. It took me 14 hours including breaks and I had our three children in the car with me (SFs 7 and 4, SC 10 months.) Mr Wrangler had had a phone interview and the company wanted the whole family to come down for him to have a second interview and for us to see the area.

We shared the driving on the way down but I had to drive back alone because Sea Filly 1 had school the next day, the day after Labour Day.

I was exhausted the following day.

Happy
singsingsing
44 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I had to drive from Nova Scotia( Amherst) to where we live 70 km north of Montreal in a day. It took me 14 hours including breaks and I had our three children in the car with me (SFs 7 and 4, SC 10 months.) Mr Wrangler had had a phone interview and the company wanted the whole family to come down for him to have a second interview and for us to see the area.

We shared the driving on the way down but I had to drive back alone because Sea Filly 1 had school the next day, the day after Labour Day.

I was exhausted the following day.

Oh man, I can imagine! That is one epic car trip! Did you cut through the States or go up through New Brunswick? I figured cutting through the States would be faster, but out of curiosity I punched the route into Google Maps and apparently not! I also thought it would be a much longer trip from NS to Montreal than from the Gaspe Peninsula, but again, apparently not! Just goes to show how screwy my perception of distance and time is. :pb_lol:

Seahorse Wrangler

The  two younger children didn't have passports and at the time they had either stopped using birth certificates or were about to, so going through the US wasn't an option.

I was shocked to discover that the furthest north I've been in Canada is still south of any place I've lived in England.

Tired
Carm_88

Sorry I was busy rolling my eyes. 

Dizzy
ViolaSebastian

Workaholic? Okay, then.

Waffle Time
catlady

well, if Dressing Your Truth and smearing yourself with lavender oil constitute work, then i guess that counts......

does Charlottte still work for her father? i can't remember whether that was a short-term project.

SoybeanQueen

That outfit is cute but not really fundie modest - not the outfit of someone who holds herself out as a beacon of religious femininity. Not too long ago one of the Boyer sisters made a big darn deal about how everyone could see they were special womanly stand-outs because of how they dress. Skinny jeans and a low v-neck blouse are not special, they're normal.

AnnaSofia

That's actually a really good picture of her, but those jeans are awful. When did button fly come back in style? It didn't look good in the 90s, and doesn't look any better today.

God, I'm old. :pb_lol:

Happy
singsingsing

So much for modesty, I guess. They've moved on to oils.

...That may be one of the weirdest sentences I've ever written.

Tired
Carm_88

I would be terrified of wearing those shoes on a dock, I can see me plunging head first into the water. Definitely not what I would call modest though! ;) 

Happy
singsingsing

What category of godly young man are they trying to attract now, anyway (because you know that's the ultimate goal)? Are there a lot of conservative Christian guys who are into the 'sexy-but-saving-my-first-kiss-for-marriage time traveller from 1983' aesthetic?

refugee
22 hours ago, catlady said:

well, if Dressing Your Truth and smearing yourself with lavender oil constitute work, then i guess that counts......

does Charlottte still work for her father? i can't remember whether that was a short-term project.

If I do this right, it will link to a comment with a spoiler. Under the spoiler is Charlotte saying something about dream job, startup, and being by her father’s side.

charmedforsure

Nope. Button flys aren’t in. This has to be another terrible ThreadUp “score”. 

I wonder how much the Boyer family spent on that road trip to the oily homeland... With gas averaging $3 a gallon, and at least 8 nights in motels/hotels, plus food, swag, and new product, that had to cut into what little profit margin they were turning. 

I’ll happily do another price breakdown on Char and Jess’s oily haul when they post their unboxing. 

ladyamylynn

I'm going to quibble, button fly jeans are definitely in style. Madewell has tons of them, for example.