IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 7: One Still Creative

Coconut Flan

“We worship God when, while we partake of His good gifts, something occurs in the deepest parts of our soul that forbids glory terminate on the gift itself or on the enjoyment of it but that runs deeper into and extends out to the Giver.”
- Matt Chandler, The Explicit Gospel

Yeah, that right there is something called word salad. Since it's ostensibly about the gospel, I guess it would actually be Word salad. :my_rolleyes:

(I do understand what he's trying to say: when we worship God and partake of God's gifts, something happens in the depths of our soul: the glory of God's gifts doesn't simply stop there, for our own use or enjoyment. It has a transformative effect for us, and is channeled back outward toward God again.

The sentiment still isn't super coherent, but damn. Matt Chandler, whoever he is, is a piss poor writer.)

• Upvote 13

Aspiring "intellectual type" Evangelicals do love a good word salad. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with flowery bullshit. (Not directed at Matt Chandler, just a general observation.) 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

Insufferable twits full of flowery bullshit.

And if they are wasting time trying to troll us with dumb crap on social media. Ladies... that’s really fucking dumb. Why not put the energy into, uh, things that make you look consistent and branded? 

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Yeah, that right there is something called word salad. Since it's ostensibly about the gospel, I guess it would actually be Word salad. :my_rolleyes:

(I do understand what he's trying to say: when we worship God and partake of God's gifts, something happens in the depths of our soul: the glory of God's gifts doesn't simply stop there, for our own use or enjoyment. It has a transformative effect for us, and is channeled back outward toward God again.

The sentiment still isn't super coherent, but damn. Matt Chandler, whoever he is, is a piss poor writer.)

I thought maybe it had to do with appreciating a gift not just for itself (like "I enjoy this perfume because it smells great") but also as a token of the love of the giver ("I treasure this perfume because it was given to me by my good friend"). In this case, the giver being God. Maybe?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Petronella said:

I thought maybe it had to do with appreciating a gift not just for itself (like "I enjoy this perfume because it smells great") but also as a token of the love of the giver ("I treasure this perfume because it was given to me by my good friend"). In this case, the giver being God. Maybe?

I think that's more or less what it is in a nutshell, but that doesn't sound vague and metaphysical enough, so it has to be tarted up a bit with long unwieldy sentences and phrases like 'forbids glory terminate'.

• Upvote 11

The B.Well Insta is a treasure trove too.

4th July for instance.

This is our day to celebrate a life blessed with Freedom! This is our day to free ourselves from fear. This is our day to fully realize who we are in Christ, and claim our birthright as His heirs and Kingdom Builders! This is our day to GIVE someone else freedom.

For me, this is also a day of special remembrance and thankfulness for the Lord’s provision. I get to celebrate my freedom of spirit in Christ with the VERY LAST EO blend Gary Young formulated before he passed away. This is Freedom.

Freedom is totally celebrating a national day with an essential oil blend apparently made by a charlatan before he dropped dead.  Yay freedom.  And sign me up for something else if This is Freedom.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 17
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
Hahahahahaha! [mention=25389]sleepy_doggos[/mention] you're such a kidder. The Boyers... doing things! Ahhh you crack me up.
Perpetual optimist here. Lol.
  • Upvote 2

Brigee has a new maxi skirt pattern available. It is the maxi version of the Casey skirt. Charlotte is modeling it on IG. I would love to have the skirt she is modeling. So, per usual, only Brig has anything going on. 

• Upvote 6

The Boyer Sisters are filling their days with lots of nothing from what I can see. :P

• Upvote 3

Been awhile since I read this thread, it seems. So this comment is about an older conversation... looks to me like Matt Chandler may be grooming himself and his listeners to set himself up as the next John Piper (he who made flowery word salad a byword in evangelical neo-cal circles).

”Oooooh! He’s so deep!”

No. The emperor has no clothes.

Edited by refugee
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, refugee said:

Been awhile since I read this thread, it seems. So this comment is about an older conversation... looks to me like Matt Chandler may be grooming himself and his listeners to set himself up as the next John Piper (he who made flowery word salad a byword in evangelical neo-cal circles).

”Oooooh! He’s so deep!”

No. The emperor has no clothes.

Yea. Can't stomach him after the Jordon Root thing. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:
6 hours ago, EowynW said:
Yea. Can't stomach him after the Jordon Root thing. 

Please expound!

The Village Church scandal. https://www.christiantoday.com/article/the-village-church-why-we-put-wife-of-man-with-paedophile-leanings-under-church-discipline/54687.htm

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2015/05/25/part-1-jordan-root-is-a-confessed-internet-child-sex-abuser-should-the-village-church-trust-him/

We have a thread on it here somewhere ....

• Thank You 4

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

We have a thread on it here somewhere ....

He’s included on the Fundy Walk of Shame. 

• Thank You 5
  • Love 1

On 8/23/2018 at 6:45 PM, Palimpsest said:

That first article fills me with rage. How dare the church put her under discipline for seeking to dissolve her marriage to a pedophile? I know this was a while ago, but damn, I'm retroactively furious with those assholes. 

• Love 5

Holy shit my Fiances family are members of the Village church. I have been to so many services there.

Matt Chandler is marrying my future SIL next year, my head is spinning. 

• WTF 1

What is going on with the Boring Sisters?

No posts on the Boyer Sisters or BWell blogs for months, and virtually no activity on social media. Even Charlotte has stopped vague-stagraming. 

I smell another new venture coming soon along with a new blog and new fashion styles. Or maybe... just maybe... they are on the path of living out their lives in the real world with real jobs, and not on the internet. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Or maybe... just maybe... they are on the path of living out their lives in the real world with real jobs, and not on the internet. 

Hope so, for their sakes. Not holding my breath, though.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Charlotte was in my recommended friends on Facebook this evening, which took me by surprise! I clicked on her profile to see if anything is visible, and to my great shock, Charlotte shared a video clip of The Office! Not just that, but it was a clip of when the whole office dances with Darryl at the end of the show, and she specifically named Oscar’s moves as being her. The gay Hispanic from a scandalous tv show! Will wonders never cease?!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/4/2018 at 9:43 AM, usedbicycle said:

I smell another new venture coming soon along with a new blog and new fashion styles. 

Yep, she’s started a new insta @lottastyle_ 

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic