IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 7: One Still Creative

Coconut Flan

If she’s literally been waiting for a caricature sketch for years..... ah fuck, I can’t even.

She should be locked in a room with Raquel. 

#insufferabletwit (because isn’t Alyssa the #superficialtwit?)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

If she’s literally been waiting for a caricature sketch for years..... ah fuck, I can’t even.

She should be locked in a room with Raquel. 

#insufferabletwit (because isn’t Alyssa the #superficialtwit?)

Alyssa is definitely #superficialtwit. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

Am I the only one who keeps reading that as "moldyapple?"

Nope, I do it every single time. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Bridgriel. :P 

Hide contents

Charlotte is in Lexington, KY. Or was. Who can keep track? 

Reveal hidden contents

Dammit she’s at the Hyatt. That was this afternoon because it’s been mad rain and storms most of the day, this morning and after 4 or so through now. 

Edited by Kylolo
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, Kylolo said:

Dammit she’s at the Hyatt. That was this afternoon because it’s been mad rain and storms most of the day, this morning and after 4 or so through now. 

She's on my old stomping grounds. Which....ew.  :my_confused:.  Lexington has its fair share of fundie a-holes, though, so she should fit right in. 

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article44475537.html

• WTF 1
  • Haha 2

They've watched Dirty Dancing?   Whoa, mama! :fainting:

But we have a Stacy McDonald sighting.  She disapproves.

commonscentsmom No, please not the dance moves!

Party pooper, Stacy. :playful2:

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Isn't Dirty Dancing a bit controversial for this crowd? Can't believe she watched it! I mean, I love the movie, but it's definitely a surprise that C saw it and even wants to have the hair of the main character who slept with a man out of wedlock!!!!!

Edited by Tenyari
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I wonder what they thought of the illegal abortion scene.  Oh, who am I kidding?  They probably saw it and thought, "See!  This is why abortion should be illegal!"  (Except, you know, the movie takes place pre-Roe . . . and she was getting an abortion anyway.)

• Upvote 12

23 hours ago, Tenyari said:

Isn't Dirty Dancing a bit controversial for this crowd? Can't believe she watched it!

Perhaps she's only seen a few out-takes on Youtube.  I'd be quite shocked if they actually saw the whole thing.  Not only did Baby sleep with a man she wasn't married to, she also paid for an illegal abortion, danced in a very defrauding way that showed her knickers but, worst of all, she challenged her father's authority.  Paraphrase:  I'm sorry I lied to you Daddy, but you lied to me too.

I love that film.

• Upvote 14

I always judge people who refer to her as Baby rather than Frances, because it feels like they've missed a significant part of the film. 

I am really intrigued by the vague-gramming - like what's it supposed to achieve?  I'm asking this genuinely, because I was a teenager pre-internet, and while people would do the livejournal equivalent etc, it was never as public as the stuff Racquel tweets/blogs or Charlotte instagrams, and it's fascinating. 

I can 100% see the Boyers doing this stuff to play with us - like haha, those bitches at FJ have got the wrong end of the stick again, so let's run with it - and I think Gabe did say they did things like that... But!  If we're right, and she's in love with the intern, or it's not him, but someone else she's pining over, is she deliberately putting out these unsubtle clues in the hope he sees them and realises they are in love with each other? 

(I'm also, separately, imagining Anne Shirley or any LMM heroine with an instagram, except they'd be all about photos of trees and stars and flowers and such, and with far, far fewer selfies.  No way would Anne have a photo of herself looking wistfully off into the distance, thinking Really Deep Thoughts - she'd be showing us where she had them etc!  And now I wish Addie Morton, the original Funday AoGG, wasn't private - what's her IG like, for those who follow her?  Selfies/photos she's made long-suffering friends take 15 times to get the right expression, or not?)

• Upvote 9

Brigid has some patterns out! I am guessing that face that Charlotte is making is suppose to be enthusiastic or gleeful? I see constipated. 

• Haha 11

I have...not great teeth and a gummy smile (full disclosure), but her smiles are so VERY toothy. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Lurky said:

(I'm also, separately, imagining Anne Shirley or any LMM heroine with an instagram, except they'd be all about photos of trees and stars and flowers and such, and with far, far fewer selfies.  No way would Anne have a photo of herself looking wistfully off into the distance, thinking Really Deep Thoughts - she'd be showing us where she had them etc!  

Ahh! Jane Austen's characters on Instagram! That would be lovely! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, PianoGal said:

They already are, in spirit! Mary Bennett (Pride and Prejudice) would have verily created one of more sanctimonious accounts that we cackle over here at FJ! Indeed, the remaining Boyer girls remind me a lot of Catherine Moreland (Northanger Abbey): myopic, too-easily-impressed, dramatic. Our Brigid and Gabe (hi, @Gabe) remind me a lot of Eleanor Dashwood and Edward Ferrars. 

Let the Thread Drift commence!

image.png.a27b7042dd6f293925d52e8cc861f21e.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Brigid has some patterns out! I am guessing that face that Charlotte is making is suppose to be enthusiastic or gleeful? I see constipated. 

I see Old Navy ad.  I dunno... it has that super Caucasian suburbia feel.  

Charlotte is very pretty but that angle does her no favours.  The blouse is cute though!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, PianoGal said:

Not Instagram, but the books Texts from Jane Eyre and Ophelia Joined the Group Maidens Who Don't Float have some quite funny entries. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, katilac said:

Not Instagram, but the books Texts from Jane Eyre and Ophelia Joined the Group Maidens Who Don't Float have some quite funny entries. 

There's a true joy to knowing that such titles exist. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

I do love Jessica's hair! I wonder what their dream first dates are? 

Spoiler

Pretty flowers! I like em! :) 

• Upvote 3

Meh.  Jessica won the gene lottery in that she is probably the most conventionally good looking (as in symmetrically featured) of the sisters.  OTOH, Brigie's intelligence and Charlotte's energy are also very attractive.

@thatgirlsflowers is where Jessica used to work part time a couple of years ago (for a whole 8 hours a week in the spring and summer) if I am not mistaken.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 7/21/2018 at 8:01 AM, Tenyari said:

Isn't Dirty Dancing a bit controversial for this crowd? Can't believe she watched it! I mean, I love the movie, but it's definitely a surprise that C saw it and even wants to have the hair of the main character who slept with a man out of wedlock!!!!!

I was never allowed to watch it in my fundie family. In fact, I have yet to see it. Or Grease. Need to try to fix that soon. 

Drooling over the flowers. Flower farming is my dream. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/24/2018 at 8:44 PM, EowynW said:

I was never allowed to watch it in my fundie family. In fact, I have yet to see it. Or Grease. Need to try to fix that soon. 

Drooling over the flowers. Flower farming is my dream. 

I love the music in Grease, but the message is abysmal. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

*Sigh* This is going to be a long one! Bear with me! 

Matching with Daddy is bad! 

Spoiler

#liveyourpassion :my_sick:

Spoiler

Dream sneakers to go with dream flats. :zz:

Spoiler

Blah blah blah Jesus Blah blah blah

Spoiler

They went to the Dayton Celtic Festival. Jessica's wearing green without showing any orange! :O 

Brigid is posting about her patterns, but it's mostly the same ole over and over again! So that's enough! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

That Matt Chandler quote made no sense to me. 

It seems like a whole bunch of words stuck together that when read quickly sound like they might mean something deep, but in reality don't make a hell of a lot of sense. I get fundie talk but I can't translate that. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic