IGNORED

IHOP changing its name

47of74

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I read today that IHOb is a temporary promotion, the name is not permanently changing.

Thank you. This entire thing has been bothering me more than it should.

9 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I read today that IHOb is a temporary promotion, the name is not permanently changing.

So we've been jerked around over nothing?  Not feeling like a cherished IHOP(b) customer. 

I'm wondering if maybe it is a publicity stunt.  I am still seeing ads and a lot of them are new, with IHOP as the name.  It could be that they are trying to drum up business for non-breakfast hours.

"IHOP.  It's not just for breakfast" would have worked well.  I'm contacting them ASAP so they know where to send the check.

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

"IHOP.  It's not just for breakfast" would have worked well.  I'm contacting them ASAP so they know where to send the check.

Here's the commercial:

A group of people are deciding where to eat lunch or dinner. One person suggests IHOP, the others say stuff like they don't want breakfast right now, or they were craving food XYZ. The person who suggested IHOP says @Howl's tagline, and then we see a few quick shots of some of the non-breakfast items from the menu. The group then decides to eat at IHOP, and we have a scene of them at IHOP perusing the menu and gawking at the food being served to nearby tables Their food comes, they are all pleased with what they ordered. Have the entire group say the tagline together while smiling.

Do alternate versions with different groups to show that IHOP is a great choice for every person of every age.

On 6/11/2018 at 3:48 PM, Howl said:

Well that's original.  IHOb, it has a certain ring to it.........said no one ever. 

This is going to go over as well as New Coke. Ladies and germs, announcing what happens when you hire outside marketing consultants!

8 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

This is going to go over as well as New Coke. Ladies and germs, announcing what happens when you hire outside marketing consultants!

This made me think of Coke Zero.  One of DH's nephew's tried it and immediately said, "It's just like Coke, but without the taste." 

The big deal here is Mexican Coke. It's bottled in Mexico, comes in a real Coke bottle, and is sweetened with cane sugar.  Mexican Coke has its own Wiki.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

This made me think of Coke Zero.  One of DH's nephew's tried it and immediately said, "It's just like Coke, but without the taste." 

The big deal here is Mexican Coke. It's bottled in Mexico, comes in a real Coke bottle, and is sweetened with cane sugar.  Mexican Coke has its own Wiki.

They had mexican coke in my costco this week.  My husband was very excited.

13 hours ago, Howl said:

We get that here, it's a treat that we only get on occasion.  But it tastes like coke used to, because of the real sugar I think.  New Coke was such a huge mistake for the company, it tasted awful!

[small voice]I actually liked New Coke.[/sv]

But I've always preferred Pepsi anyway, so...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 8:25 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Hey, from midnight to 5am, they could be the International House of Drunk People Eating Some Fornicating Pancakes, Dammit! or IHODPESFPD.

On that note, I was watching an episode of Monk a couple of weeks ago and thought of you. The episode was where Monk goes to NYC in hopes of finding information about who killed his wife. Anyhoo, he gets separated from the group he came with, has some kind of breakdown, and when they finally find him, he's with this street preacher. Monk is banging a tambourine and he and the street preacher are both yelling about the evil fornicators in the world. 

I start laughing hysterically, and Mr.Cartmann99 turns and looks at me and asks if this is another Free Jinger thing. I just dabbed my eyes and said yup.

There is also the one from King of the Hill when Bobby gets saved and is preaching at the mall: 

Spoiler

New Coke tasted like Pepsi to me. Coke needed to have less sugariness and the lemon aftertaste or it wasn't right, not that I care much as long as there's carbonation. That's sort of how I feel about most restaurants. If there's reasonably tasty food that I didn't have to cook? Win.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the team time trials on the Tour de France.  We DVR for the action and fast forward through the bazillion commercials; however "somebody" slacked off, so I caught the current IHOP(b) commercial.  They are celebrating umpteen years of bancakes, and by the way, suckers, the "b" was for burgers, haHAH.  

Archived