• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
47of74

IHOP changing its name

SilverBeach

I read today that IHOb is a temporary promotion, the name is not permanently changing.

Nervous
AliceInFundyland
2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I read today that IHOb is a temporary promotion, the name is not permanently changing.

Thank you. This entire thing has been bothering me more than it should.

Howl

9 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

So we've been jerked around over nothing?  Not feeling like a cherished IHOP(b) customer. 

Briefly

I'm wondering if maybe it is a publicity stunt.  I am still seeing ads and a lot of them are new, with IHOP as the name.  It could be that they are trying to drum up business for non-breakfast hours.

Howl

"IHOP.  It's not just for breakfast" would have worked well.  I'm contacting them ASAP so they know where to send the check.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Cartmann99
15 minutes ago, Howl said:

"IHOP.  It's not just for breakfast" would have worked well.  I'm contacting them ASAP so they know where to send the check.

Here's the commercial:

A group of people are deciding where to eat lunch or dinner. One person suggests IHOP, the others say stuff like they don't want breakfast right now, or they were craving food XYZ. The person who suggested IHOP says @Howl's tagline, and then we see a few quick shots of some of the non-breakfast items from the menu. The group then decides to eat at IHOP, and we have a scene of them at IHOP perusing the menu and gawking at the food being served to nearby tables Their food comes, they are all pleased with what they ordered. Have the entire group say the tagline together while smiling.

Do alternate versions with different groups to show that IHOP is a great choice for every person of every age.

UnImpressed
nelliebelle1197
On 6/11/2018 at 3:48 PM, Howl said:

Well that's original.  IHOb, it has a certain ring to it.........said no one ever. 

This is going to go over as well as New Coke. Ladies and germs, announcing what happens when you hire outside marketing consultants!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Howl
8 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

This is going to go over as well as New Coke. Ladies and germs, announcing what happens when you hire outside marketing consultants!

This made me think of Coke Zero.  One of DH's nephew's tried it and immediately said, "It's just like Coke, but without the taste." 

The big deal here is Mexican Coke. It's bottled in Mexico, comes in a real Coke bottle, and is sweetened with cane sugar.  Mexican Coke has its own Wiki.

Buzzard
1 hour ago, Howl said:

This made me think of Coke Zero.  One of DH's nephew's tried it and immediately said, "It's just like Coke, but without the taste." 

The big deal here is Mexican Coke. It's bottled in Mexico, comes in a real Coke bottle, and is sweetened with cane sugar.  Mexican Coke has its own Wiki.

They had mexican coke in my costco this week.  My husband was very excited.

Briefly
13 hours ago, Howl said:

We get that here, it's a treat that we only get on occasion.  But it tastes like coke used to, because of the real sugar I think.  New Coke was such a huge mistake for the company, it tasted awful!

Waffle Time
smittykins

[small voice]I actually liked New Coke.[/sv]

But I've always preferred Pepsi anyway, so...