IGNORED

Meggs Mission

EowynW

I love how she admits that she sees most things as "black or white right or wrong".  This is an issue with so many of the individuals/families we discuss on FJ. I get that it can be comforting to not have any gray area, but the world is so much more complex than that. And I'm of the personal belief that if this higher power does exist, that it would be insulting to them that people interpret their intricate creation as so explainable. 

It's almost as though her mind was trying to critically think about her marriage and then she shut it down with this very simple role of pure submission; the man will make all the decisions and that's that. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I wish it was a troll. :( I feel so sorry for her. There's no helping her tho she's thoroughly entrenched in this belief system. 

I just feel so sad for her. She believed that if she would stay pure before marriage and submit and obey her husband she would have a beautiful satisfying marriage and it's not working out that way. She must blame herself for how things are turning out, she wasn't pure enough, not submitting enough. When really she just married am immature dolt.  

How old are they? 

This is so sad. From the "my husband's heart" post:

And your man (even having seen your many flaws) still buys you roses for Mother's day you can only stop.  And thank God for such a great man who shows you an embodied example of unconditional love and you just have to stand speechless and you start to wonder why this man even chose weird, odd, crazy little you!

Also, their daughter is named Jael, which I find ironic considering how they think godly women are supposed to act. 

42 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

I just feel so sad for her. She believed that if she would stay pure before marriage and submit and obey her husband she would have a beautiful satisfying marriage and it's not working out that way. She must blame herself for how things are turning out, she wasn't pure enough, not submitting enough. When really she just married am immature dolt.  

How old are they? 

She was 23 when they got married so she is 26 now. 

And hes, haha Jael was not a submissive little doormat. 

16 minutes ago, EowynW said:

She was 23 when they got married so she is 26 now. 

And hes, haha Jael was not a submissive little doormat. 

So not really that young. Hopefully they'll start making better decisions soon. Also hope she prepared for single parenthood. One thing I can say about the military moms/wives I know is that they are used to making decisions for their homes and families on their own. Father leaders and obedience looks different for military families.

She says that a wife should fear her husband. Yikes. I hope she doesn't have any pressing reason to feel that way, and that she's just speaking rhetorically.

On Facebook she says she's able to stay home "keeping Elijah's house" (blech) because she sells Plexus. How predictable.

Also, on a sadder note, their house burnt down recently. That's got to be so hard on top of whatever other difficulties she's going through.

I would be so doubtful if this idiot can even make it through basic training let alone medical school...from what I know, he would have to finish all of that first and then the Army would pay for his loans with a commitment...He will have to get used to all types of people and gasp WOMEN in charge of him.  He won't last beyond his initial enlistment.

I read the linked page and will possibly go back and read more of her blog.  They look very young and I feel sorry for her, she sounds so unhappy.  But I don't think she'll ever realize that she is capable of and deserving of being happy.  She lives a very limited life. If she's as unhappy as she sounds, I see her rebelling without realizing it.  Such as the name of her daughter, for example.  Little thing but they add up.  Just my opinion!  My wish for her would be that she would open her eyes.

I've read further into the blog. He is getting (or got?) an English degree and wants to join the Marines specifically. According to Google at least, the average age of a Marine recruit is 19. That is going to put him significantly older than his peers- if he can do it at all. Why on Earth he got an English degree when he wants to be a doctor is beyond me. Let's face it the doctor thing is just not going to happen. 

20180605_075501_rmedited.jpg

And like someone said, military wives are pretty self sufficient ( usually) and the Marines are tough. I call that he doesn't even make it through bt.  Then it will be another excuse about how the military isn't godly, they allow the gays and women to serve, etc and so forth.

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

And like someone said, military wives are pretty self sufficient ( usually) and the Marines are tough. I call that he doesn't even make it through bt.  Then it will be another excuse about how the military isn't godly, they allow the gays and women to serve, etc and so forth.

And you know what else is weird... The Marines don't have any medical type jobs. So the medical field is your goal and you got an English degree... Why wouldn't you go be an army Medic or something. You need to start getting your foot in the door with the medical knowledge. I'm guessing he wanted to do the most macho thing.

The Navy -which the Marines are a branch of- handle the medical, dental and legal stuff for the Marine Corps.  (Oh, you don't watch NCIS [or before that JAG]?)   The guy would need to get a Navy medical scholarship to go to med school on the Navy's dime.  He may very well not always be assigned to a Marine base, but to one of the Navy's ships or to a Naval base.

A friend of mine in one of these professional specialty corps was assigned to several carriers, Camp Lejeune and a Naval base.  You have to be able to go where you're assigned and like it.  Even at Lejeune, he was a Naval officer.

English is a perfectly acceptable major to get into med school as long as you take the appropriate pre-med classes.  A few years ago,  the major with the highest med school acceptance rates was anthropology.

If he is going to get his prerequisites online, he's going to have a shock when he tries to take chemistry classes.. Chemistry is hard to take online. I needed an A or B in Intro to Chemistry to get into a healthcare program at a community college. It was insane. And a waste of time. It takes significantly longer to learn it online then it would to sit in the class. I had to retake it after I got a C. I can't imagine having to take organic or bio chemistry online. 

But speaking of waste of time. As soon as he realized he wanted to be a doctor he should have switched majors from English. All that time you were reading Beowulf should have been used to learn how cells work and calculating doses and whatnot in preparation for the MCAT. 

On 6/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, apandaaries said:

Gotta say, though, writing a blog post about submitting to and respecting authority while saying your husband is bad in bed is a master-level troll move.  :giggle: Might not have been what she was aiming for, but it's hysterical nonetheless. 

Their daughter's name is also "Jael," as in the woman in the Bible who stabbed her husband in the temple with a tent peg. And for Biblical heroines, is kind of "iffy" as a semi-feminist. Not sure if that was intentional either...but ha! 

On 6/4/2018 at 5:19 PM, MomKB said:

This is so sad. From the "my husband's heart" post:

Also, their daughter is named Jael, which I find ironic considering how they think godly women are supposed to act. 

oops! Sorry! Just saw your post on this, too....

3 hours ago, BobJonesBabe said:

Their daughter's name is also "Jael," as in the woman in the Bible who stabbed her husband in the temple with a tent peg

Jael is definitely badass, but it wasn't her husband. 

On 6/4/2018 at 7:44 PM, teachergirl said:

I would be so doubtful if this idiot can even make it through basic training let alone medical school...from what I know, he would have to finish all of that first and then the Army would pay for his loans with a commitment...He will have to get used to all types of people and gasp WOMEN in charge of him.  He won't last beyond his initial enlistment.

He is probably talking a recruiter about the Armed Forces HPSP (Health Professions Scholarship Program).  The scholarship  funds tuition (100%) and provides living stipend as well as government benefits. It's usually a equal service to funding obligation, four years of school - 4 years of service.

To obtain a HPSP, you must have completed an undergrad and have at least a Bachelor's degree. It's fairly competitive so most have Master's degrees.  You have to pass a fairly nit-picky interview, physical exam, health screen and physical condition testing (4-minute mile type stuff).  If they feel you are good choice to not flunk out of school they will offer a HPSP contingent on acceptance to medical school.  Most applicants do both applications at the same time, trying to qualify for HPSP and medical school admissions.  There are some HPSP scholarships awarded to matriculated students as well but it more common to start school with the scholarship already in place.

Once accepted to medical school, recipients are commissioned as officers at the Lieutenant level.  They must participate in an officer training camp.   It's like fat camp with guns - or missiles if Air Force,  and that's about as rigorous as it gets for them physically.  When they graduate medical school they are promoted to the rank of Captain.  

They probably have all their fingers crossed that he qualifies for the scholarship.  Free medical school,  monthly living stipend, commissioned as an officer immediately with guaranteed promotion within 4 years, government benefits for family - for life... 

What are the odds that a poorly homeschooled young man actually qualifies in all of those areas? I am willing to bet that his degree is from some online school, wasn't very rigorous and he didn't have to interact with actual people.  Joining the military would be the best thing for this couple, it may even open their eyes to a different world.  Using it as a means to get your medical degree does not seem likely.  The only fundie that I know of is Hunter Kendall who I believe just graduated from the Coast Guard academy.  A Stephen Hammer this guy is not....

16 hours ago, Drtwinkstutu said:

government benefits for family - for life... 

Only if he does 20 years AD or as an active reservist (but that kicks in at age 60 for reservists). Anything less, nope, not a fucking thing does he get other than a free education. 

On 6/5/2018 at 11:16 AM, DangerNoodle said:

As soon as he realized he wanted to be a doctor he should have switched majors from English. All that time you were reading Beowulf should have been used to learn how cells work and calculating doses and whatnot in preparation for the MCAT. 

My father was an English major who is a doctor. I also had an oncologist who majored in English. He was fascinating to talk to and had an remarkable bedside manner. 

2 hours ago, fluffy said:

My father was an English major who is a doctor. I also had an oncologist who majored in English. He was fascinating to talk to and had an remarkable bedside manner. 

Didn't want to imply an English major couldn't be a good doctor! I certainly believe they can/are. But this guy has a few kids and wife to support. And is joining a branch of the military in his late 20s that has no medical jobs. That puts him well into his 30s before he gets started. Seems like a more direct path would be more realistic. 

Debi Pearl herself was commenting on Faith's FB this morning. These people are in deeper than I thought. 

These poor, deluded children (yes, 20 something children). They are in for a life of misery and hardship. They're totally getting an extra share of bad luck. Bought land in Alaska. Move to Texas, house burns down. Living in Grandma's condo in Florida. She's clearly smarter than her husband but can't be because he's the head of the household and she's just a lowly woman.

Any details on where in Texas they are?  Any details about the house burning down?

Archived