IGNORED

Maxwell 21: Deliberately Hiding the Truth Again

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

I'll whip some up--oatmeal, sugar and chocolate chippers coming up---

Still waiting for a recommendation on a sweet Prosecco.

Sorry. I just buy whatever is cheap.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The picture of Mary at the sewing machine is one of the few that she has a genuinely happy look on her face.

14 hours ago, Bethella said:

I think that back in 2015 Mary wanted to learn how to letter better so she could write something beautiful but nothing happened/it was useless.

No, she meant she had tried to write something beautifully, but it sucked, so she said wanted to learn how to do better “lettering”. 

The birthday card that was all her idea is cute, but the slightly scrunched "birthday" reminds me of the John Mulaney routine about making birthday cards. "Yeah, but the past is the past. BIG-ASS B!"

For the life of me I do not get this Group:  if the sisters are going on a mission trip why would they not put a link to the sponsoring charity/church so their followers can donate to support the organization as well as post pictures of the girls good deeds to further promote their brand.  

This family is not Christians nor are they saved.  They are a group of self centered psychos.  Why on God’s green earth would any Christian want to,emulate their lifestyle if the Christian take their beliefs seriously and try to emulate the life of Christ?

I changed my mind: Anna and Mary aren't on a trip to become engaged. That post, especially with the last picture, was a Maxwell-style personals ad for Mary. Sigh.

What kind of ministry trip are they going on where they wouldn't know exactly when they were coming home? That sounds sketchy as hell.

They seem to have moved from "Cooking with Reversal Anna" -posts to "Look how creative Mary is!" -posts. I don't know, maybe it's that time of the month, but sometimes I just can't help but feel so sorry for these Maxwell "girls" it almost makes me want to cry :(   Look at Mary: fresh faced, kind looking, cute young woman with some interests (sewing, drawing), nothing lacking materially, but her parents have fucked her up so damn badly she'll be recovering the rest of her life if she ever tries to break free (being so brainwashed it probably never occurs to her to break free). She is a hard working young adult whose parents (yes, Teri, I'm looking at you, too) have denied her all basic life experiences. How fucking depressing is that?!?

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

What kind of ministry trip are they going on where they wouldn't know exactly when they were coming home? That sounds sketchy as hell.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you that I have a shitload of money but I'm spending it all on tacky JESUS plaques and plastic-wrapped cheese. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills that I acquired after leaving my career and a normal life to harass people about Jesus. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughters go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will find you, and I will ask you if you're a good person and if you know where you're going when you die." 

All 26 Maxwells congregate to eat bean burritos every Sunday. [insert fart joke]

I'm surprised to learn that Steve cooks the beans every few months, but still needs a little help from Teri and the girls of course. Way to go Stevie! You are such a blessing to your wife! Oh, the sweet rest she must experience by only having having to help cook the beans rather than actually cook them!

If Steve really wanted to make Sunday an easy day for Teri he could A) cook. b) order in. C) have the guys cook. D) have everyone make their own food. Or E) cook. 

When I was growing up, we had dinner with my grandparents every Sunday after church. Well, Sunday dinner was really more of a big lunch of dinner food that we ate around 2pm.  My grandparents weren't the most foodie type of people, but this was the 80's and they were in their 70s.  Even so, we'd have pot roast, chicken cacciatore, chicken parm, pork chops and sauer kraut, baked chicken/mashed potatoes/broccoli casserole, grilled bbq chicken- something different every week and not a repeat meal for months.  I can still picture them cooking in the kitchen together, tasting things, adding more salt, and then they'd give me a "schnitzel" of something because I could never wait until dinner.  

I have such fond memories of these dinners, so I find it particularly sad that the Maxwells could have something like this, but instead they have this regimented, colorless, flavorless, bland and repetitive meal every single Sunday.  At least make it something yummy if you want to serve the exact same meal for every single dinner.  They could easily set up two slow cookers  going and make two pot roasts with carrots, onions, and potatoes- that would still be simple and require little attention, but also a much more satisfying meal than mushed up beans. 

2 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Does Melanie look pregnant?

Melanie has a bump but I can’t assume pregnancy just yet. She is in her 40s and has given birth to 6 children. So it might just be her belly now. Pregnancies can do number on your belly muscles. Especially if you’ve had c-sections (has she had a c section?). I’m not saying she can’t be pregnant. She might be. But it could just be the belly of a woman in her 40s whose had 6 full term pregnancies.

@punkiepie,  I love that your grandparents were in the kitchen cooking together when they were in their 70s!  I don't think that will be my husband and me though.  We don't even eat dinner together most of the time now.  That's not my doing though.  It's all on him.

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Melanie has a bump but I can’t assume pregnancy just yet. She is in her 40s and has given birth to 6 children. So it might just be her belly now. Pregnancies can do number on your belly muscles. Especially if you’ve had c-sections (has she had a c section?). I’m not saying she can’t be pregnant. She might be. But it could just be the belly of a woman in her 40s whose had 6 full term pregnancies.

Of course it’s none of my business but I’m hoping it’s just a little mom-middle going on. They gave a lovely family now, 5 glowingly healthy, happy children.  They’ve endured the unspeakable sorrows of infertility and the brief life of their firstborn. The little I know of them, I’m sure if they have another they are aware and prepared for anything, but why shouldn’t they just be permitted to be satisfied with what they have?

On viously, I’m rollerskating around the elephant in the room, to wit: Steveri might well be leaning on all their “extended families” to have more more more children. To equal their birth family of EIGHT CHILDREN!  

Pessimidtic, yes; but these ARE the Maxunwells we’re talking about. 

*grumble, fume*

5 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@punkiepie,  I love that your grandparents were in the kitchen cooking together when they were in their 70s!  I don't think that will be my husband and me though.  We don't even eat dinner together most of the time now.  That's not my doing though.  It's all on him.

My grandpa LOVED my grandma.  He served in WWII and he had a scrapbook that he kept of his time in Europe.  After he passed away, we found it when we were going through his stuff.  The first half of the book is filled with pictures of Europe and his friends and fellow soldiers.  Then there was a blank page and the next page said "And Then My K_____!"  The rest of the scrapbook was filled with my grandma and their first pictures and their first love notes, movie stubs, etc.  I had never seen it before and it made me cry.  But it also became kind of this standard to me- that I deserved to be with someone who loved me as much as my grandpa loved my grandma- and after a string of terrible relationships, it was exactly what I needed to see.

Another cute story- when my aunt was a little girl, my grandpa took her to the mall.  She decided to hide from him underneath a clothes rack, but then she got scared because she thought that he had lost her.  That's when my grandpa heard this little voice calling out "Honey, honey, where are you?" My aunt only ever heard my grandma calling him Honey, and so she thought that was his actual name.  

My grandpa only lived 6 months after my grandma died.  I remember he said to me the last time I saw him in the hospital, the day before he died, "My K_____  is waiting for me and she doesn't like to be kept waiting." 

@punkiepie, that is SO sweet. And I love that seeing your grandfather's scrapbook encouraged you to keep looking for a person who felt that way about you. No one should settle for less than that. :romance-lovebluered:

I should never be surprised with the Maxwell's lackluster life, but *sigh*. Three adult women and two adult men with virtually no real responsibilities and nothing but time on their hands... Reheated bean burritos and a side salad is all they can manage for weekly Sunday dinner for the extended family? And they do this to 'give the moms a break'? I mean, I guess any time a mother of eleventy doesn't have to cook, it's a ~*blessing*~, but sheesh. You could easily get a few crock pots going on Sunday morning to have ready for after church, especially with how god awful early the Maxies wake up. Or make something on a Saturday that's even better the next day! Or if you're tied to these awful burritos, why not set out some toppings and let people wrap up their own? You could even have a few pre-made for the little. Or how about something other than just beans in the burritos?

WHAT DO THE STAY-AT-HOMES DO ALL DAY?!?! If I were a fundie man looking for a ~*traditional*~ wife, I would NOT go for a Maxwell. They don't cook, every single thing in life has to be scheduled, they appear to waffle over the smallest of decisions (should I buy more hamburger buns this year?! last year we needed more! but I don't know, maybe we shouldn't??), they use reheated thawed refrozen leftover leftovers to make the blandest and yuckiest meals imaginable. 

Also it makes me so sad when they post pics of Mary/Anna sitting off to the side with the littles. Poor Mary/Anna. They seem to enjoy the "kiddos" and yet are less and less likely to ever have their own.

3 hours ago, punkiepie said:

When I was growing up, we had dinner with my grandparents every Sunday after church. Well, Sunday dinner was really more of a big lunch of dinner food that we ate around 2pm.  My grandparents weren't the most foodie type of people, but this was the 80's and they were in their 70s.  Even so, we'd have pot roast, chicken cacciatore, chicken parm, pork chops and sauer kraut, baked chicken/mashed potatoes/broccoli casserole, grilled bbq chicken- something different every week and not a repeat meal for months.  I can still picture them cooking in the kitchen together, tasting things, adding more salt, and then they'd give me a "schnitzel" of something because I could never wait until dinner.  

I have such fond memories of these dinners, so I find it particularly sad that the Maxwells could have something like this, but instead they have this regimented, colorless, flavorless, bland and repetitive meal every single Sunday.  At least make it something yummy if you want to serve the exact same meal for every single dinner.  They could easily set up two slow cookers  going and make two pot roasts with carrots, onions, and potatoes- that would still be simple and require little attention, but also a much more satisfying meal than mushed up beans. 

^^^ This.

I grew up in a big Irish Catholic family, and we had a big Sunday dinner mid-afternoon most weeks.  My parents were meat & potatoes kind of people, so the food usually involved a roast of some kind, vegetables, potatoes, rolls, other side dishes, and a delicious dessert of some kind.

A couple of slow cookers with roasts and potatoes, carrots, and maybe a side salad and rolls would not be difficult for the Maxwells to pull off.  But no.  Mushed up, defrosted beans.

I am a very lazy cook, but mixing something up in the slow cooker the day before (so as not to interfere with their day of rest) would be perfect for them. Well I guess with that crowd they'd need more than 1 slow cooker, but still.

On football Sundays I usually put something in the slow cooker, meatballs for subs, beer brats, Italian sausage, before leaving for church.  We add a bagged salad (I'm very, very lazy) and usually some baked beans (canned, I'm a very, very, very lazy cook) and it makes a nice lunch while watching the games.

2 hours ago, bertnee said:

I should never be surprised with the Maxwell's lackluster life, but *sigh*. Three adult women and two adult men with virtually no real responsibilities and nothing but time on their hands... 

Small correction:  It is four adult women and two adult men.

The Maxwells just seem to adore repetition and routine, so it is bean burritos every single Sunday lunch or the sky will fall in, Chicken Little.  And plain bean burritos because Steve claimed that he couldn't taste the beef.  As for Steve making them; it is a family processing effort.  Steve just acts as quality control.  Here's the recipe:  https://www.titus2.com/recipes/maxwell-burritos.html

I expect all the "mommies" have to go home and make a big dinner on Sunday evening to make up for the meager and repetitive lunch.

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Does Melanie look pregnant?

Oh, thank rufus I'm not the only one who thought so. I showed Mr. Allison a blog post and speculated on a possible Melanie pregnancy a few posts ago. I also told myself to slow down a bit because damn, it feels like she just had a baby. 

Punkiepie, that's absolutely beautiful. I'm sitting here bawling at your grandfather's statement about keeping your grandmother waiting.   

What's not beautiful is Mary's post on lettering. If Teri's goal was to prevent her youngest child from succeeding as a writer, mission accomplished. Stilted, confusing, and awkward are the first words to come to mind when reading that post. It reads like a freewriting exercise, not a coherent blog post.  

@punkiepieyour grandparents sound wonderful. I am glad you have such happy memories of your grandpa. He was a great man in many ways, I'm sure. And you are right; you deserve a wonderful love like that. 

After my father in law decided to go on hospice, my husband walked into his room to find him gettimg a nice shave. He told USMCDAD "I wanna look good for your mother." 

My mother-in-law had been a widow before she married my father-in-law. She told her doctors "I'm gonna be buried with my first husband on one side and this one on the other. Lucky woman, huh?" 

Yuck. Those gross bean burritos every damn sunday? No wonder it's called maxHELL 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived