IGNORED

Maxwell 21: Deliberately Hiding the Truth Again

Coconut Flan

38 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Hopefully today a principal poking a yardstick between girl's legs  for any reason would be looking for a new job.

Im sure they would be. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their cat trap is working. 

*My husband and I call empty boxes cat traps.  No matter what, a cat will happily sit his ass in an empty box within an hour of it being set on the floor.

6D79A295-6992-4A87-A2EF-FECC91F4A0E6.jpeg

Can you spot the naughty Maxwell?

1C034268-6A93-4474-ACD6-56DEF4BD6861.jpeg

Once again, the best ones involve Arnold and Ellie. 

I did find it interesting that Jesse slept outdoors in a hammock. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

I did find it interesting that Jesse slept outdoors in a hammock. 

This. All alone with his thoughts, out of the ever watchful eyes and ears of Stevehovah... :56247968a3f2c_Come-here-baby-cakes-wink: (although I'm sure S has installed a surveillance camera somewhere there...)

On 6/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, Black Aliss said:

You just revived a 50 year old memory of my school principal stalking the halls with a yardstick, which he would poke between the legs of any girl whose skirt he suspected was a secret pair of culottes.

Okay eww that image really skived me out. That wouldn't fly now a days, at least in ebil Godless public school. However, I'm betting it is like that is Journey to the Hear. Again .ewww.

All that being said, my kid's middle school principal sent out an email a few weeks ago about "inappropriate' clothing being worn to class. Seems, according to Onekid, that some girls had on  halter tops.  Oh the humanity. 

28 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

This. All alone with his thoughts, out of the ever watchful eyes and ears of Stevehovah... :56247968a3f2c_Come-here-baby-cakes-wink: (although I'm sure S has installed a surveillance camera somewhere there...)

I've not been following the Maxwells much lately so I'm out of the loop, Is Jessie the only son at home, and if so where does he sleep if Maxwell children aren't allowed to sleep alone?  I looked at their page just now and saw the little kids on bikes, which is fun, but Steve says fun is a waste of time and evil.  Is it me or did that photo of the older daughters stuck at the kids table make you sad. 

8 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I've not been following the Maxwells much lately so I'm out of the loop, Is Jessie the only son at home?  Does he really sleep on a hammock out side? In winter time Kansas? 

Jesse is the last son at home. I imagine it would be an odd shift to be the only son in the house after living with 4 brothers, even though it's been quite awhile since they have all been at home.

It's so hot and humid here that I dread overnight camping in a couple weeks. The thought of sleeping outside in a hammock right now makes me want to run to the freezing cold basement. Although, I guess we did have a couple nights with temperatures in the 60s. Those would have been lovely for outdoor sleeping if the humidity was low enough. 

I want to know what delicious meal Anna made because that photo looks anything but delicious. It reminds me of bland stuffing at Thanksgiving. 

54 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

it did cross my mind to wonder if the hammock had to be hung in a direct sight-line from Shevehova's bedroom window.  

15 minutes ago, AllisonWndrland said:

I want to know what delicious meal Anna made because that photo looks anything but delicious. It reminds me of bland stuffing at Thanksgiving. 

if i ignored the color of the filling, it might look like it had the potential to be reasonably good; better than the four-day-old casserole anyway.  how how how do the Maxwells manage to make such unappetizing food?

3 hours ago, AllisonWndrland said:

It looks like the thing I make because my daughter likes it.  I make seasoned ground beef and wrap it in filo or pie dough.  It isn't that bad if I add enough spices. I shred onion and cheddar to mix in. I fear the only "spice" Daddy Maxwell allows  is a tiny pinch of salt. Having too much seasoning would make it tasty, and eating tasty foods can be fun. Fun=Satan!

10 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I fear the only "spice" Daddy Maxwell allows  is a tiny pinch of salt. Having too much seasoning would make it tasty, and eating tasty foods can be fun. Fun=Satan!

he also allows Teri to add half an onion to four pounds of ground beef.

46 minutes ago, catlady said:

I'm supposing Steve would frown upon my putting curry or habanero on almost everything I eat.

Stud John enough with the arm around Judgy Chelsy.  We get she is under your authority now.  You are just as bad as Prissy Chris and Smug Joe.

IMG_7944-2-425x319.jpg

Does Coward Steve not realize Volleyball is a sport?  Your chidults are turning into heathens!

IMG_8083-425x319.jpg

Is that a pizza?  If so that is the grossest one I have ever seen.

IMG_8178-2-425x319.jpg

Why in the hell is Abby sitting with the adults and Goofy Anna and Scary Mary at the kids table?  Welcome to Maxhell where kids over 5 are expected to act like adults and adults are treated like children.

IMG_2435-425x319.jpg

I’m genuinely confused by them playing volleyball here. Has Steve changed his stance on sports?

6 minutes ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

I’m genuinely confused by them playing volleyball here. Has Steve changed his stance on sports?

I think he is against team sports. 

Yeah. Maybe it’s BEC but I see two teams. One on either side of the net.

Looks like a spirit of competition is being fostered if you ask me.

1 hour ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Yeah. Maybe it’s BEC but I see two teams. One on either side of the net.

Looks like a spirit of competition is being fostered if you ask me.

I think he’s against sports where you play against a team that is not in your extended family or close fundie friend group. They can play sports within the family. But I think that’s about it. No organized sports in Maxhell.

12 hours ago, catlady said:

A small onion---

That thing Anna made looks like some kind of savory galette. I make them all time, especially in summer when I pick dinner from the garden, because they’re super easy and rustic. Anna’s, however, just looks so unappetizing, mainly because the crust is so pale and mottled. It may taste good but you eat with your eyes first and that’s just off-putting—a big, blah blob of undercooked looking dough.

F407501C-E9C6-4E09-BE34-58571E9197DB.jpeg

I was thinking today-

Steve is not a dumb man. He knows other fundamentalist families exist and he could send out emails to other headships that have sons that might be interested in getting to know his daughters. By now, he’s aware of how most fundie families meet and how the marriages happen.

He could allow the Maxwell girls to get a Facebook or even a family shared Facebook or Instagram account so they can interact with other fundies. 

He does not want them to marry and in their world, that is very devastating. 

When the extended family are over for dinner, Steve and Terie tend to sit together at one end of the table. The table is quite wide yet Steve sits right in the middle with Terie being pushed to the corner each time. 

Steve really needs to explain where the line is for value-less entertainment versus the Maxwell approved spike ball, volleyball and cards. 

As someone who is about the same age as Sarah and who, if I didn't dye, would have significant patches of grey, will Steve allow Sarah to dye her hair as she gets older?   I suspect not but grey hair may emphasize her old maid status and rule out any remaining hope to marry her off as fundies seem to put a premium on youthful brides.  

Also, in that last batch of pics, Chelsy does not look like she is expecting.  She could be very early or carrying small but she is still very slim.  

The Maxwells are able-bodied adults wasting their one wild and precious life here on Earth for a ticket to a place that may not exist. They don't even get to listen to good music or fall in love with a special tv show they could obsess over and be comforted by all their lives. They don't get to read gorgeous words by fantastic authors that set their souls on fire. Yes, Sarah, there is more to a good read than an exploding brat. My heart weeps. 

Sarah captioned this pic "Working outside, and this particular Saturday was TOASTY!"

Oh, but not so toasty that you could just wear ONE perfectly modest dark shirt. That's crazy talk!

DSC_8030.jpg

Mom is faithful to do a special yearly picnic with the kiddos having to do with a book she began reading to them when Abby was little.

I wish Sarah would stop writing bizarre sentences like this. Just...no.

Sarah, please read real books. When you're on your next coffee shop run, stop down the street at a library or bookstore. Start with a book from the local public school's middle school summer reading list. Based on your writing, I'm guessing that should be about the right level. Heck, you can even ask for one written during the much beloved golden age of the 1950s, when men were men and women were girls! Or you could ask for fiction in the Christian "inspirational" genre! Take a look! It's in a book! A reading rainbow!

(And this is petty but I HATE the way she used "faithful" in the sentence above. You are not "faithful" to do a yearly tradition. That's weird. It's like an alien using Babblefish and a thesaurus to communicate. Human people do not talk like that.)

I’m not good at posting pics from the blog- Sarah puts captions on most of the mundane, what you see is what you get photos, but leaves it off of the pic of Anna sitting in the corner of the kitchen with several grandkids including the baby. This one I need an explanation for!!!

What book did she read that inspired the yearly picnic? That is a detail most would include. 

I noticed they got a comment asking about Anna homeschooling and another on how to make yogurt. They have already blogged how to make yogurt. Sarah should have included a link to that in the caption. And I will be surpirsed if they start letting Anna blog about homeschooling. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived