IGNORED

Maxwell 21: Deliberately Hiding the Truth Again

Coconut Flan

38 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

It’s so weird to me that Terri was into chemistry— wasn’t Kelly Bates, too??

I don’t get it.  I have a minor in chem and my sibling has a doctorate. And we turned out really normal. 

I’m always amazed fundies were ever into science at all. Many seem to deny so much of it. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, terranova said:

I bet Steve and Teri have bought up loads of commercial rental properties and are living and supporting their children on the earnings. I'd bet even Christopher and Nathan's families are somewhat supported still by the Fathership.

No. Its on the property tax rolls. Appraisers office.  Not at all. Leavenworth/Lansing has enough slum lords and this family would never work with the kind of people that rent here.

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m always amazed fundies were ever into science at all. Many seem to deny so much of it. 

Exactly.  I thought Kelly was a fluke, but now this. 

On 6/28/2018 at 3:40 AM, ophelia said:

Psalms? Lamb? Damn it. This is bad. Not as bad as Heistheway, but still pretty hideous names.

If you look back on Papa Pilgrim Hale, the names are the very east of it.

Papa Buckingham isn't into incest or abuse (AFAWK) and rescued many Hales, to his credit.

Hales are nightmare territory - and make Stevo's death grip of control and Papa Buckingham's obsessions seem almost benign.

Which does not imply that the Maxwell or Buckingham's ideals are in any way acceptable by normal people.

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

New post up. Its going to make your eyes roll out of your heads. Watch out! Here’s Teri:

”We talked much about our lives and especially how amazing it is that God took two worldly, college students and brought them to salvation in the midst of a secular, college campus (we haven’t encouraged our children down that path!). He completely changed our hearts and our lives. He is so good and we have so much to thank Him for!”

FUCK YOU COWARD STEVE AND GRISELDA TERI FOR DEPRIVING YOUR 8 KIDS OF AN EDUCATION!  THANKS TO YOU THEY ARE WORTHLESS TO MANKIND.

I always find it fascinating that fundies never want their kids to date, get an education or be involved in outside activities, yet they are always proud to brag of their college educations, dating of their spouse and extracurricular activists such as Michelle Duggar and her cheerleading. You can’t do it kids but let me tell you how amazing it was when I did it. 

It is interesting Teri was a chemistry major. That’s a hardcore degree. I wonder what she intended to do with her life before she met Steve. It’s also interesting he didn’t convince her to change her major to something more Steve appropriate. Obviously Steve liked Teri because she was very smart. He could have looked for someone with less options than Teri. I wonder at what point their lives took that bad turn. 

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Next, the Maxwell who notices the burned out bulb must purpose to tell other the Maxwells that the bulb has burned out.  This will only happened because that Maxwell has been raised to have a servant's heart.  Heathens would never do this.

Hang on, hang on. If the Maxwell who sees the bulb is Teri, she may not tell Steve as that would not be submissive. She must pray and wait for God to cause Steve to notice the bulb himself. 

Wages are low and property is not that cheap. There is quite a bit of poverty here. It is the oldest city in Kansas. This family would never live near anyone poor or not like them. They live out there in the newish part of town. They need to stay over there, enough crazy already.

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

FUCK YOU COWARD STEVE AND GRISELDA TERI FOR DEPRIVING YOUR 8 KIDS OF AN EDUCATION!  THANKS TO YOU THEY ARE WORTHLESS TO MANKIND.

This blog post was such a slap in the face to all of their children, including the ones who were eventually allowed to marry. Steve and Teri used their own autonomy to control all of their children to the extreme rather than empowering them to have the same freedom they had. This post was full of blatant hypocrisy and was just plain smug. My heart cries for Sarah having to read this and think about how different her life could be. Hopefully it did cause her to think some.  I don’t believe it is too late for Sarah to go to college or seek some sort of training, or seek any job somewhere - I really wish she was able to accomplish something for herself that was completely her own idea.

I saw in the comments (on the Aldi post I believe?) somebody asked if Sarah would be getting her own blog. Apparently the Lord has not yet led her to do that. I suppose the Lord led her to write all the Moody books just as they are, the fact that they are a near verbatim account of her completely Steve-controlled life must just be a coincidence.

Why did the Maxwells suddenly believe wordly college is bad? They enjoyed their years there but now it’s a bad influence. Did something happen or was it just Jesus put it in our hearts to stifle our kids by keeping them close. Were the two of them hooking up in the dorms and they now fear for their children doing the same ? Don’t they see how all their kids could benefit from higher education? This really annoys me.

I also agree this was a slap in the face to Teri and Steve's children.  My comment to her blog post will never see the light of day, but I asked her point blank if she saw aptitude for higher education in any of her 8 children, and if so, why did she deprive them of an opportunity that she was given, and did she ever think about the consequences of that decision?  Where in her mind would the next generation of Christian doctors, nurses, etc were going to come from??  I cannot wrap my mind around their thinking.

Folks like this confuse me. They put so much faith in God for everything else, but apparently God can’t prevent their children from making bad decisions, so the parents can’t let them do anything “to protect them”. 

5 minutes ago, petrushka said:

I also agree this was a slap in the face to Teri and Steve's children.  My comment to her blog post will never see the light of day, but I asked her point blank if she saw aptitude for higher education in any of her 8 children, and if so, why did she deprive them of an opportunity that she was given, and did she ever think about the consequences of that decision?  Where in her mind would the next generation of Christian doctors, nurses, etc were going to come from??  I cannot wrap my mind around their thinking.

I commented as well and know it won’t get posted. I said that they must have failed their adult children since they can’t be trusted. It’s so sad.

The post got 10 replies! Wow! Oh, wait: 5 of them were Terdi’s acknowledgments. 

Youre losing ground, Steve. 

ETA: Which stifled adult child did they bring along to take the photos?  Slap in the face, indeed, both sides, both hands.

They are self-absorbed to just this side of pathological.  And if not “too myopic to see the hypocrisy,” then “too arrogant to care about it.”

Sorry for all the caps in my comment above.  I was really angry after reading that post and their arrogant smug attitude.  What sucks the most about this is Coward Steve got an education most likely paid for by the taxpayers via the GI Bill.  And they have passed on their smug attitude towards college to their offspring.  Here's another trip down memory lane via Goofy Anna.  https://blog.titus2.com/2011/01/08/am-i-going-to-college/

3 hours ago, petrushka said:

Where in her mind would the next generation of Christian doctors, nurses, etc were going to come from??  I cannot wrap my mind around their thinking.

This is what really bothers me. Teri and Steve will gladly go to doctors, dentists, CPAs, and lawyers if in legal trouble. However, according to their beliefs, they are reaping the rewards of what those people acquired through endangering their own souls and afterlife by going to secular college. 

They really do have such an ugly view of their own exceptionalism in the grand scheme of things. 

Drifting along here....so it appears that Joshua Bontrager's blog is now promoting "A Christian's Practical Guide to Time Management".  Wonder if Steve knows and what he thinks of his daughter in law's family horning in on his turf?

There is a nice catholic college called saint Mary's in Leavenworth. The Kansas City Kansas Community College also has moved into the old junior high and has big programs. There really is no excuse not to go to school. These people annoy me because they act like no one else went to higher education. Well lat-te-da, lots of people go to school in Kansas. It is not that expensive. These people are fearful for the future and of really being alive.

6 hours ago, petrushka said:

Exactly what I was thinking!!!  The longer this bulldookey goes on - the fewer and fewer doctors, lawyers, engineers, nurses, and so on are going to be of "their brand of Christianity" - they will be at the mercy of us heathens who saw the value of education.

I read somewhere (probably here) that the reason they don't believe their kids needed education was that the Second Coming was supposed to happen any day now.  They wanted to keep their kids pure for the Rapture so they didn't see the need for them to further their education or worry about careers - just concentrate on producing more jebus spawn for the holy war.

They probably look to the skies with a wee bit of anxiety thinking, "any day now, please". 

These uneducated yokels are going to be hurting in the near future.

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Sorry for all the caps in my comment above.  I was really angry after reading that post and their arrogant smug attitude.  What sucks the most about this is Coward Steve got an education most likely paid for by the taxpayers via the GI Bill.  And they have passed on their smug attitude towards college to their offspring.  Here's another trip down memory lane via Goofy Anna.  https://blog.titus2.com/2011/01/08/am-i-going-to-college/

All that I got from reading that post is her parents causing her to fear the world. Yes people “lose” faith when they go to college but some also gain it. While I’m college I realized that I had been an atheist all of my life. I didn’t realize it because I was going to school but because of what was going on in my life at the time. People usually find themselves while in college because it’s their first time being on their own. College helps you expand your thinking past what you’ve been taught. You have to open your mind to learn. I agree that college isn’t for everyone. But there is nothing wrong with taking some classes at the community college. This can be done without going into massive amounts of debt and without having to obtain a degree.

7 hours ago, petrushka said:

Where in her mind would the next generation of Christian doctors, nurses, etc were going to come from??  I cannot wrap my mind around their thinking.

THIS. Fundies love to push their pro-life agenda with arguments like "maybe the aborted foetus could have found the cure to cancer", while they lock up intelligent and capable adults at home. Abusive hypocrites. 

Reminds of a female physicist I recently heard talk on the radio about women being so underrepresented in most STEM fields. Her point was that when a society discourages women to pursue science as a career, we're denying ourselves half of our brain power, and slowing down progress and discoveries that could change the world. I had never thought of it that way... 

I wish all these anti-intellectual fundies would quit using smartphones, cars, airplanes and medicine, all developed by college-educated men and women who may or may not know where they're going when they're dead.

2 hours ago, Bajovane said:

I read somewhere (probably here) that the reason they don't believe their kids needed education was that the Second Coming was supposed to happen any day now.  They wanted to keep their kids pure for the Rapture so they didn't see the need for them to further their education or worry about careers - just concentrate on producing more jebus spawn for the holy war.

They probably look to the skies with a wee bit of anxiety thinking, "any day now, please". 

These uneducated yokels are going to be hurting in the near future.

Steve and Teri are exceptionally awful for not only sheilding them from seeking education opportunities or jobs, but they haven’t even given them the tools to have viables businesses for themselves. The rapture may not happen for another 2000 years, in the meantime, these ADULTS need to support themselves.

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

This is what really bothers me. Teri and Steve will gladly go to doctors, dentists, CPAs, and lawyers if in legal trouble. However, according to their beliefs, they are reaping the rewards of what those people acquired through endangering their own souls and afterlife by going to secular college. 

They really do have such an ugly view of their own exceptionalism in the grand scheme of things. 

THIS. They reap the benefits of people working outside their home and using their education everyday in almost everything they do from healthcare to shopping to utilities. I hope the kidults understand this and start to question the semantics of their dad’s religion. And when I say that, I don’t mean Christianity, I literally mean their DAD’S Religion that he has made up and forced upon his family.

I'm pretty sure that in the ideal Stevehovah world, there would be universities and opportunities to study engineering, medicine and nursing but all would be stricter versions of Pensacola Christian College/Clown College in Tennessee. Even though virtually all of the students at those colleges would be evangelical, there's probably some who aren't fundies or homeschoolers and those students would be too worldly for Steve. 

A college where every student is strictly vetted as being suitably fundie (preferably with input from other students' fathers), where all interaction between students (especially of those of the opposite sex) is monitored, all the courses are rigorously filtered of everything worldly, where there are no team sports - basically Gilead in university form - Steve would support that. 

I don't think Steve is opposed to higher learning per se, so long as that learning is either a. theology/Ministry studies or b. training Christians towards a career that allows them to buy a home debt free and he sees it as value for money.

As it happens, all the boys have pursued careers that didn't require university (ignoring the issue of whether that was actually what they wanted to do) but had one of them wanted to take up engineering or medicine, there would be limits to how those skills could be self-taught, so I could see Steve supporting those careers in theory - especially as there's decent money in them. But at the moment, I bet not even PCC or Clown would be Christian enough for them.

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

where all interaction between students (especially of those of the opposite sex) is monitored,

No need for that - all the students would be male. No good fundie woman would want or need a tertiary education when they can learn all they need to know in the home, right?

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

No need for that - all the students would be male. No good fundie woman would want or need a tertiary education when they can learn all they need to know in the home, right?

I think Steve would approve nursing/midwifery, medicine, music, children's ministry and missions studies as suitable for women, but that's about it.

And Hyles-Anderson college even has a Marriage and Motherhood program for the ladies (because nothing says Serious Academic Institution like a unit in crock pot cookery). Steve would never admit it, but I'm sure the Maxwell girls would have been married by now - and definitely better cooks - if they'd attended it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived