IGNORED

Maxwell 21: Deliberately Hiding the Truth Again

Coconut Flan

Now I want some ritz crackers and goat cheese. 

I give credit to the Maxwells in that they always seem to buy quality clothes, shoes and technology meant to last. They aren’t cheap that way. Yet, their meals always seems cheap to me and by cheap I mean not hearty. It’s like they are all sharing that extra chicken leg to save money. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, catlady said:

my first tip will be to slice the cheese at least two days in advance.  You may not have any kitchen helpers on the day you serve it. 

Can you share how to modify this recipe if one doesn't each cheese? Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Can you share how to modify this recipe if one doesn't each cheese? Thanks in advance. 

(mind blown)......whoa, time just stood still for a minute there......not using cheese goes against the spreadsheet, the recipe book, the schedule, the shopping list, and Rufus.  But now that I’ve had time to think it over, you could pray about it for a week and maybe swap out the cheese for peanut butter or Nutella.

I regularly made a meat, cheese, and crackers meal but my headship decided we couldn't taste the meat. Now we just use cheese and crackers and I am told we prefer it that way. I'm expecting a blessing so my sister-in-law will faithfully make a large batch that will be stored in the freezer for later. We girls will make light work of it together! I'm so grateful for her investment in the future generation.

Faithfully waiting on Jesus,
Bertnee

"Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese?" (Job 10:10)

Another dilemma: if you have several types of cheese and crackers, what kind of wine do you serve? Non-Maxwell Problems...

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

OH! EM! GEE!

Can you imagine Steveri’s faces when confronted with Jill’s raccoon eyes and David’s gluttonous, unfit pork belly??????

I’d pay money to be able to watch and record for future sales to America’s Funniest Videos. 

Go back a few pages for earlier JRod/Stevehovah meeting fantasies. :D

Maybe they can put the cheese on the crackers when everyone is available to help and then freeze it.  If the helpers aren't available one day, all Teri needs to do is to defrost it - I doubt she needs more than one other person to help her take them out of the freezer to thaw.  

:cheesewedge:

4 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Maybe they can put the cheese on the crackers when everyone is available to help and then freeze it.  If the helpers aren't available one day, all Teri needs to do is to defrost it - I doubt she needs more than one other person to help her take them out of the freezer to thaw.  

:cheesewedge:

Sorry buts it’s always a three women job. One to take it out. One to put it on a microwave safe plate. And one to defrost it.

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Uh oh, now Stevehovah might decide that the meatless Maxwell burritos don't need cheese in them...

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Sorry buts it’s always a three women job. One to take it out. One to put it on a microwave safe plate. And one to defrost it.

I'm really worried now.  With Mary and Anna gone, who is helping Teri and Sarah take things out of the freezer??!! 

4 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

So could this be used as a guide to figure out how many Maxwells it takes to change a lightbulb?

New post up. Its going to make your eyes roll out of your heads. Watch out! Here’s Teri:

”We talked much about our lives and especially how amazing it is that God took two worldly, college students and brought them to salvation in the midst of a secular, college campus (we haven’t encouraged our children down that path!). He completely changed our hearts and our lives. He is so good and we have so much to thank Him for!”

Yet they both came from fine church going families.  How the fundies love to fudge the facts.

9 hours ago, Granwych said:

Uh oh, now Stevehovah might decide that the meatless Maxwell burritos don't need cheese in them...

I don't think they do have cheese in them. IIRC, they are just the slow-cooked beans with chili powder, pureed onions and jalapeños, heated and dumped onto a flour tortilla.

5 hours ago, catlady said:

So could this be used as a guide to figure out how many Maxwells it takes to change a lightbulb?

FIrst they have to pray that God will give the lightbulb the desire to be changed.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

New post up. Its going to make your eyes roll out of your heads. Watch out! Here’s Teri:

”We talked much about our lives and especially how amazing it is that God took two worldly, college students and brought them to salvation in the midst of a secular, college campus (we haven’t encouraged our children down that path!). He completely changed our hearts and our lives. He is so good and we have so much to thank Him for!”

So they have great memories of that time of their lives, enough that they went back and visited where they lived and went to school. Yet they don’t want their kids to get that experience. 

21 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I don't think they do have cheese in them. IIRC, they are just the slow-cooked beans with chili powder, pureed onions and jalapeños, heated and dumped onto a flour tortilla.

That's one of those meals that make my husband and me say: "It looks the same coming out as it did going in!"

27 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Yeah I think Sarah specified that they put the burritos together just before eating, because SOME people liked to add cheese and other toppings. Just SOME. Probably the daughters in law. No Maxwell would adulterate the almighty bean burrito with... accompaniments. They might become an idol. Or taste too good. 

and if the bulb is dead, does it know where it's going?  (i do!  the land fill.)

36 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

FIrst they have to pray that God will give the lightbulb the desire to be changed.

Sorry, I disagree, you have left out a few steps.

First God has to bring it to the attention to a Maxwell that the lightbulb has burned out. God works in miraculous ways. Heathens may or may not notice that the bulb is out, because God has not opened their eyes.  

Next, the Maxwell who notices the burned out bulb must purpose to tell other the Maxwells that the bulb has burned out.  This will only happened because that Maxwell has been raised to have a servant's heart.  Heathens would never do this.

Then, the Maxwells will pray about what to do about this situation.  

Then, the Lord will graciously reveal the solution (change the bulb) to a Maxwell.

Then, the Lord will lay it on the heart of that Maxwell to share the solution with other Maxwells.

Etc. Etc. Etc.*

*"King and I" reference.

There is this thing called ice which I purposed to make today.  I pushed a lever down in the big white box in my kitchen. I didn’t even wait to get permission from my headship because I’m a hussy.

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah I think Sarah specified that they put the burritos together just before eating, because SOME people liked to add cheese and other toppings. Just SOME. 

Fixed that for you because Sarah doesn't write in complete thoughts and neither should you.

40 minutes ago, catlady said:

@onekidanddone, did you do something  really decadent and combine it with water to have a mixed beverage?

Oh no NEVER.  Mixing it with anything is all science like, and science is evil.

It’s so weird to me that Terri was into chemistry— wasn’t Kelly Bates, too??

I don’t get it.  I have a minor in chem and my sibling has a doctorate. And we turned out really normal. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived