IGNORED

Lori Alexander 47: Frugal ... Sort of ... For a rich person

If I handwrite this out on a piece of paper, will it make it more palatable to Lori? (Or "more better?":happy-smileyflower:

"Why does Lori try so hard to twist the Word of God to say that women can't teach/preach & be in leadership positions in the churches? It's so sad that she actually believes that reproductive organs have bearing on knowledge and intelligence. Does she have something to prove? Does she hate knowledge and women so much that she became blind to truth & make things up? Does she not fear God enough to feel OK with speaking for him? Why is it so important for her to tell women to they are less than men? Because she is a narcissist and can't see how wonderful the world is. Love each other & obey Jesus's clear command to sell all of your goods and give them to the poor, Lori, because Jesus was talking about you." 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Curious said:

I have finally found my people.  I've never really met other people that like it to be as cold as I do.  I'd rather be cold than hot.  You can add a sweater or blanket.  You cannot shed your clothes/skin and run around naked in polite society ;)

Also since this is the Lori thread I thought I would post a picture of the afghan I made for my husband.  A little backstory:  I wanted to see if I could handle crocheting a super bulky yarn for a potential future project).  The only yarn on the sale was baby blanket, so think pastel colors.  They *did* have a bunch of different colors/variegated choices. This is what my manly man picked for his afghan ;)

johnafghan.jpgjohnafghan2.jpg

<3 it! Is that the Bernat chunky blanket yarn? I recognize the yellow/purple/aqua one -- I made a hooded unicorn afghan for my oldest son out of that exact same yarn!  

Adding to my previous post after reading the last LA topic (lol) ... 

On the subject of pricey yarn, I have a story. Personally, I love yarns with a nice feel to them, which, of course, cost more. But I recently started making an afghan for myself -- largely decorative, so I wasn't terribly picky about feel. Since I needed a TON of yarn for the size afghan, I went with the cheap, and I do mean cheap, stuff. Red Heart Super Saver. Well, as I was working up the afghan, I noticed that one of the colors looked suuuuuper familiar. 

That's when it hit me. It was the exact same color of a yarn my mom had used in an afghan she'd made me as a child, almost 40 years ago, that I still had because my son sleeps under it every night (just like I did when I was a kid). So this cheapie Red Heart Super Saver yarn might not feel super nice, but it definitely wears well. And I do mean well -- the afghan my mom made has a few snaggy spots but no unraveling or tears or anything like that, and the colors are still true.

Spoiler

1272368650_Screenshot2018-06-01at5_51_40PM.png.a47cbcad74a8c0fc785c08408a42cfb0.png

Screencap of the review I left on the yarn after realizing this weird but kind of cool coincidence. 

So yeah. 

9 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think Ken is going to come home someday and find that Lori has painted bizarre words all over the wall - "SUBMIT!" "THEY MUST LISTEN TO ME!" "TITUS TITUS TITUS!" "SALAD!!"

Oh my goodness, I'm undone. I'm crying.  This is THE funniest thing I've read in weeks.  Thank you.  

I think Lori has always been a mean girl and I think she’s lost her filter or ability to minimize her mental health. Anyone who beats a toddler to “break the will” is mean. I also think she’s vain and needs attention. Her “viral” post made her happy and she’s just clamoring for that attention as hard as she can. Looking at Ken’s FB profile pic, she looks much, much older than he does. Or maybe it’s those herbs and supplements she’s always taking. She will take almost anything that has a health claim...which gives me an idea...maybe someone can suggest medical marijuana?!? Might mellow her right out! 

Her second IG post today doesn’t sound like her at all. I also think she’s recycling the doodles. I know I’ve read the feet one before as well as the divorce one and today’s seems similar as well. Or else it’s the fact that everything she posts is the same. 

9 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think Ken is going to come home someday and find that Lori has painted bizarre words all over the wall - "SUBMIT!" "THEY MUST LISTEN TO ME!" "TITUS TITUS TITUS!" "SALAD!!"

Titus Andromedon!

I cannot see the IG posts anymore since I blocked her.  I cannot bring myself to read the blog anymore.  Escaped the chat room a good while back.  Come here periodically in hopes that others are able to expose this garbage for what it is so not one more woman is duped into this mess that Ken and Lori teach.

Are there still threads here (I'm new) about SSM (Sunshine Mary) - the recent "Should Husbands be able to Discipline their Wives" thing got me thinking about this...

In any event, agree with the rest of you; something has changed over the years with Lori's posts.

10 hours ago, usmcmom said:

So, yeah. I think she is unraveling. I think her posts have a desperate, panicked tone to them; as if she is writing with more and more anger. 

She's losing some of her most avid followers and it's over her fighting with them. No one can be right except for Lori, even with those she prob thought of as friends. She fights with everyone. She's the least gentle and submissive person I've ever met who cloaks herself in a shroud of Christianity. 

She was in Texas with her daughter all last week. 

21 hours ago, Curious said:

I have finally found my people.  I've never really met other people that like it to be as cold as I do.  I'd rather be cold than hot.  You can add a sweater or blanket.  You cannot shed your clothes/skin and run around naked in polite society ;)

Also since this is the Lori thread I thought I would post a picture of the afghan I made for my husband.  A little backstory:  I wanted to see if I could handle crocheting a super bulky yarn for a potential future project).  The only yarn on the sale was baby blanket, so think pastel colors.  They *did* have a bunch of different colors/variegated choices. This is what my manly man picked for his afghan ;)

johnafghan.jpgjohnafghan2.jpg

It's lovely!  I have not picked up a hook and yarn since last weekend.  I really need to, but this week has been crazy.

8 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori- College, career, and lots of travel (taking trips that stretch into MONTHS)

1293469260_ScreenShot2018-05-06at1_10_16AM.png.9b75d04facb7456a3019e96782e50a46.png

4 minutes ago, fluffy said:

She's losing some of her most avid followers and it's over her fighting with them. No one can be right except for Lori, even with those she prob thought of as friends. She fights with everyone. She's the least gentle and submissive person I've ever met who cloaks herself in a shroud of Christianity. 

This.  This is why I am no longer part of that perverted chat room.

She simply cannot be taught, and for one who is "always learning", that's not a good thing.  

1 hour ago, polecat said:

On the subject of pricey yarn, I have a story. Personally, I love yarns with a nice feel to them, which, of course, cost more. But I recently started making an afghan for myself -- largely decorative, so I wasn't terribly picky about feel. Since I needed a TON of yarn for the size afghan, I went with the cheap, and I do mean cheap, stuff. Red Heart Super Saver. Well, as I was working up the afghan, I noticed that one of the colors looked suuuuuper familiar. 

That's when it hit me. It was the exact same color of a yarn my mom had used in an afghan she'd made me as a child, almost 40 years ago, that I still had because my son sleeps under it every night (just like I did when I was a kid). So this cheapie Red Heart Super Saver yarn might not feel super nice, but it definitely wears well. And I do mean well -- the afghan my mom made has a few snaggy spots but no unraveling or tears or anything like that, and the colors are still true.

Hide contents

1272368650_Screenshot2018-06-01at5_51_40PM.png.a47cbcad74a8c0fc785c08408a42cfb0.png

Screencap of the review I left on the yarn after realizing this weird but kind of cool coincidence. 

So yeah. 

Red Heart is my go-to for a lot of projects, because it does hold up well and wear well.  For some projects, I do use so-called better yarn but I'm not picky.  Red Heart makes a softer yarn, also.  I use a lot of Caron, Bernat is great.

After reading Lori's scribbles (or whatever she calls them) and some of the comments here, I think she is definitely unraveling.  She's coming across as desperate. Possibly the stress of her mother's health is getting to her.  I don't see her as being a particularly good or nice daughter, but the need for a mother is a basic, primal need.  Maybe it's pushing her closer to the edge. Just a though.

Yarn people, if you have a Tuesday Morning nearby, many of them just got a lot of good yarn in this past couple weeks!

I'm loving the crochet photos! The idea of knitting something as big as a blanket is intimidating to me, but I am using up leftovers and scraps making hexipuffs. I've got a good many of them seamed together already. I expect it'll take forever but I'm aiming at throw size, and if it grows from there, great. That's about all I've knitted in the past week, I'm healing up tendinitis in my thumb from making two pairs of socks too quickly. 

Lori is either an out and out liar, or biblically illiterate, or both. It was pointed out to me over on TTW 2.0 that it wasn't Eve who said "Hath God said?". It was the serpent.

in fact, when God questioned the two of them after the eating incident, Eve identified the actual root cause of the temptation , by replying, the serpent deceived me.  Adam, on the other hand, threw the blame back on God by saying, well, it was all because of that woman YOU gave me!  So who, exactly, is the more spiritually discerning?

3 hours ago, polecat said:

<3 it! Is that the Bernat chunky blanket yarn? I recognize the yellow/purple/aqua one -- I made a hooded unicorn afghan for my oldest son out of that exact same yarn!  

Yes!  It's the one called Baby Blanket.  They also have just Blanket and a new one Blanket Stripes.   I don't usually work with 5/6 weight yarn because I've been worried about whether my hands can take the pulling through of such thick yarn.   I used an N hook and I did have to take breaks, but was happy to find I can use it.

I really want to try the stripes kind and see how that works out.  Next time it goes on sale I'll hopefully be able to get some of that.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Hide contents

So yeah. 

Red Heart has upped their yarn game recently, IMO.  I had some old skeins laying around so thought I would use them for hats for the NICU and after working with some of the newer yarns I was a little disappointed that the red heart was so scratchy.   It had been my go to yarn for many, many years as a kid/young adult.   I had pretty much stopped buying it because there were so many new kinds that would go on sale.

I recently saw some super saver that I wanted to use to make an afghan for a friend and I couldn't find that particular combo in any other yarn so I grudgingly went ahead and got it.  I was nicely surprised by the quality compared to the old skeins I had in my stash and I'm happy to be able to go back to using it because it is great quality in terms of longevity.

Edit to add pictures:

rachelbd1.jpgrachelbd3.jpg

The lighting on these pictures is awful.  It's actually a blue afghan, not grey.  This is the Red Heart Super Saver Stripes.

17 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I steam block all my acrylic projects. It softens them and gives them such a beautiful drape. 

I don't usually block mainly because I don't have anywhere big enough to do something the size of an afghan.  Also because I have somewhat limited reach, I don't want to torture my husband pinning and unpinning until I get something I'm happy with.   I will block baby items once in a while, but generally don't block baby blankets due to size either.

I probably should block more than I do, tbh.

5 minutes ago, Curious said:

I don't usually block mainly because I don't have anywhere big enough to do something the size of an afghan.  Also because I have somewhat limited reach, I don't want to torture my husband pinning and unpinning until I get something I'm happy with.   I will block baby items once in a while, but generally don't block baby blankets due to size either.

I probably should block more than I do, tbh.

Oh yea. I haven't done an Afghan yet. I have thrown acrylic afghans in the dryer and that softens them. 

2 hours ago, fluffy said:

1293469260_ScreenShot2018-05-06at1_10_16AM.png.9b75d04facb7456a3019e96782e50a46.png

I've traveled more since Mr Wrangler died than I did in he last five years of his life. Admittedly most of it was to my BIL's house.

Is my BIL my new headship until Sea Colt turns 18? If one of the Sea Fillies marry , will their hubby be my new headship??

questions, questions...

3 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I cannot see the IG posts anymore since I blocked her.  I cannot bring myself to read the blog anymore.  Escaped the chat room a good while back.  Come here periodically in hopes that others are able to expose this garbage for what it is so not one more woman is duped into this mess that Ken and Lori teach.

Are there still threads here (I'm new) about SSM (Sunshine Mary) - the recent "Should Husbands be able to Discipline their Wives" thing got me thinking about this...

In any event, agree with the rest of you; something has changed over the years with Lori's posts.

Oh, ssm was one of my old manosphere favorites (before the manosphere took over the real world, and here we are). After being outed as essentially a fraud a couple years ago, she went silent and then resurfaced with a lil' ole home-n-family blog that's considerably different in tone, scope and audience. 

I admire the talent in this group for knitting and crocheting- that kind of creativity is out of my league for sure. Such beautiful work shared here!

How funny that Lori, who doesn’t travel, was away for a week with family and still managed to make multiple posts, respond to comments, and delete. 

@fluffy- Interesting comment!  I didn't see that.  But now that I have...

Reader:

Are you a traveling woman?

Lori:

No, hardly at all.  If it were up to me, I would stay home and never travel.

Oh, really? :GRONDE:

We are in Door County, WI where we’ve come almost every summer since I was a child.

....we have enjoyed vacationing there ever since.

We go to Door County, WI most summers

We were in Door County, Wisconsin for two incredible weeks

We went to Wisconsin this past summer and were planning on staying there for two and a half weeks... 

We ended up staying almost seven weeks

The only thing that could be better than spending nine days in Door County...

Vacationing two weeks in Wisconsin...

Every summer, we vacation in Door County, Wisconsin.

Door County where we go every summer!

We just returned from spending two weeks in Door County, Wisconsin.  We go there every summer

We go to Door County, Wisconsin every summer. 

The week before Christmas, we all went to Maui for a week.

We were up in Wisconsin recently 

Another great big and beautiful flower here in WI!

This very popular store in Door County is owned by Christians. 

This is our favorite place to eat in Door County. 

I love the differences in the weather up here in Door County. 

If you're ever in Door County, WI try to visit Seaquist Orchards. 

I have been attending this precious, little church in Door County, WI 

Having Bible Study in New York! 

I learned to roll my clothes when I travel 

This is to say nothing of her 12+ week VACATION last summer, which she chased with a little "getaway" with some girls from college (don't fret ladies, Lori watched them very carefully, and none of them ate more than their portion).  Very godly trip, that one.

Spending a few days with my college friends from 1976.

Does Lori travel, you ask?

No, hardly at all. 

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Titus Andromedon!

She’s a Boob of California, of course.

And just because the hypocrisy really annoys me, here is one of her "Door County" pictures:

Why yes, that's Lori (who hardly travels at all), on her 12 week vacation to Door County.  Nice nail polish, huh?  :pb_rollseyes:

More hypocrisy?  Sure.

Reader:

To buy 1dozen organic eggs is $20.

Lori:

That’s a lot of money for organic eggs, I agree, but if eggs were that expensive here, I would try to own a couple of chickens!

Aside from the fact that Lori would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS get away with owning chickens in her upscale neighborhood, does anyone here believe that Lori really thinks $20 is a lot of money for a dozen eggs?  Not me.  Here's why:

That, my friends, is Lori's butter.  Know how much it costs?  $14 for 4 sticks.  Wanna see?

https://www.organicpastures.com/shop/cultured-raw-butter

If you have it shipped, it's $10 (so a total of $24 for 4 sticks of butter).  Really.  I am not even kidding.  

Final bit of hypocrisy?  Sure, why not.

436301271_windowshopping.PNG.af845943d415cc256bda0df3a01efe58.PNG

Pffftt....

My son told me about this radiation protector for my phone and I love it! It’s called SafeSleeve

Better hurry, guys!  They're on sale now!  Only 54.95 (down from 80.00)

I love these flowers that I buy at Costco for $10

There's a cute little gift shop right near here 

I saw this adorable apron in a local gift store. Cherries and apples are very popular here up in Door County

And this pic?  Yeah, it's in a gift shop...Door County of course.  Unfortunately, Lori doesn't get to travel much...

In the interest of clarity, this Lori quote should have had an ellipsis instead of a period.

"If it were up to me, I would stay home and never travel..." 

Sorry...by the time I noticed it, it was too late to edit.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived