IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

I don't envy her electric bill for the last month.  It has been hot as hades here.  The cost of cooling that gargantuan, full-of-empty-unused-space house must be enormous.

Two more random thoughts after perusing other posts:

1. She said to a follower that "my mom helps me homeschool."  That explains a LOT.

2. She said "More than any of that, though, I love the Lord and seek daily to be transformed more into his image."  Well, Braggy Abbie, a start in that department might be not constantly posting pictures of your huge house THAT YOU BUILT YOURSELVES, DON'T LEAVE THAT PART OUT, and pictures of yourself, and "OMG I can't believe how crazy my expensive, upper-middle-class life is ha ha can you?"  HTH.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I don't envy her electric bill for the last month.  It has been hot as hades here.  The cost of cooling that gargantuan, full-of-empty-unused-space house must be enormous.

Two more random thoughts after perusing other posts:

1. She said to a follower that "my mom helps me homeschool."  That explains a LOT.

2. She said "More than any of that, though, I love the Lord and seek daily to be transformed more into his image."  Well, Braggy Abbie, a start in that department might be not constantly posting pictures of your huge house THAT YOU BUILT YOURSELVES, DON'T LEAVE THAT PART OUT, and pictures of yourself, and "OMG I can't believe how crazy my expensive, upper-middle-class life is ha ha can you?"  HTH.

I’m sure her mother helps a lot. And we know her oldest is a brother dad. So she can brag all she wants but she isn’t doing all this herself. If she wasn’t well off, had lots of help from her mother, good genetics, and a son willing to parent, she would be fucked just like all the other large fundie families. 

She actually hashtagged her twin daughters as sister mothers. It says a lot that Theo would run to his older sisters for comfort instead of his actual mother. I guarantee this woman barely parents after she beats them into submission at a young age. And she only has 7! She could parent them. She just doesn’t want to. 

806EAB7F-724E-47C7-B4AE-CF1EDE5E5655.jpeg

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure her mother helps a lot. And we know her oldest is a brother dad. So she can brag all she wants but she isn’t doing all this herself. If she wasn’t well off, had lots of help from her mother, good genetics, and a son willing to parent, she would be fucked just like all the other large fundie families. 

Exactly. At one point, she posted about how she hires her mother to homeschool her kids, but then was like "but I'd make it work even if we couldn't." While she was jetting off to Hawaii with her software multi-millionaire husband. Somehow, I don't think you could imagine, Braggie-Abbie. 

1 hour ago, BobJonesBabe said:

Exactly. At one point, she posted about how she hires her mother to homeschool her kids, but then was like "but I'd make it work even if we couldn't." While she was jetting off to Hawaii with her software multi-millionaire husband. Somehow, I don't think you could imagine, Braggie-Abbie. 

She never would have married a poor guy. Which is fine. I get it. But at least own that your life as a parent of 7 is way easier because your husband makes good money and your mom helps you a lot.

23 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I think part of it is the lack of family pictures.

There are no picture in the kitchen, no pictures in the living room:

The house is nice but it's just that. A house. Not a home.

There are two, or rather three things about this picture that really bug me:

1. Her bookshelves are devoid of books. I'm marginally okay with the professionally decorated look that mixes art and tchotchkes and books, even if I think it's wasting perfectly good bookshelves, but the ONLY books in that photo are holding the vase of flowers.

2. Books don't belong under vases of flowers. Vases usually have water in them, water ruins books, and she has little kids! How can they not bang into the tables and knock things over, at least occasionally?

3. She has kids. Lots of kids. Are they allowed in the house? Where are their toys? The house does not look kid-usable let alone kid-friendly!

55 minutes ago, ofDany said:

3. She has kids. Lots of kids. Are they allowed in the house? Where are their toys? The house does not look kid-usable let alone kid-friendly!

Her house is absolutely enormous. So I imagine her children have learned that there are places where they can make small messes and places where they can’t. I imagine they spend the majority of their free time upstairs in their bedrooms and in their homeschooling room. 

Honor is 18 months. My math tells me she announced her pregnancy with him when Theo was 20 months, so I'm going on bump watch now.  I think I might spend too much time on her instagram guys.

I'll skip the Wal-Mart chairs. Our first dining room set came from Wal-Mart. Within a year, we were tightening legs and re-attatching seats. After 3 years, the screws were stripped and the chairs became a real hazard. Such a waste of money.

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Damn. She even brags when she’s trying to make a “keeping it real” Instagram post. 

1A496D40-A154-4A5E-B7A5-9B1F7B40BF4D.jpeg

It's like she has to one-up everyone...even on frugality! 

What the what?! How about, look at this table my husband made and these cheap @ss chairs my mom found at Walmart. But I guess this is why I don't have thousands of Instagram followers. I haven't learned (nor have I ever tried) to have the appearance of being real while being completely fake!

On 7/11/2018 at 1:13 AM, ofDany said:

She has kids. Lots of kids. Are they allowed in the house? Where are their toys? The house does not look kid-usable let alone kid-friendly!

I dunno, my mom was/is a very good mom and she was really strict about toys only going in our rooms or the playroom in the basement, not the rooms that "company" would see (I think it was also rooms that she would frequent more than the playroom or our bedrooms and she just didn't want to trip over our shit all the time). I think that's a reasonable rule. 

Now we know how Braggie keeps her house so clean. Her chore list for her children is insane. Does she even lift a finger? She and Jill Rod are basically the same person except Braggie has better style. 

http://misformama.net/

On 7/10/2018 at 4:03 PM, BobJonesBabe said:

@BobJonesBabe how do we know her husband is a multimillionaire? I’m confused...

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now we know how Braggie keeps her house so clean. Her chore list for her children is insane. Does she even lift a finger? She and Jill Rod are basically the same person except Braggie has better style. 

http://misformama.net/

These chores made me wince a little:

11-years-old+

Mow lawn

Weed eat

I suppose some 11 year olds are ready to use powerful, potentially dangerous lawn tools, but most of the ones I've known aren't physically or psychologically mature enough. 

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

These chores made me wince a little:

I suppose some 11 year olds are ready to use powerful, potentially dangerous lawn tools, but most of the ones I've known aren't physically or psychologically mature enough. 

I think you're right. We've never had a yard, always apartments, so I didn't even think of it, but no WAY would I have had my child at 11 using those pieces of machinery. And she was as responsible as the next kid. Which is to say, not enough to be making life-or-death decisions. I always wanted my kid's mistakes to be free of fatal or dismembering accidents. She filled the apartment up with a foul-smelling smoke once when she went to make some Easy Mac in the microwave and didn't add water to it. She was very upset and cried. I hugged her and told her it was just fine, no big deal. And it WASN'T a big deal, because I didn't let her do things that would be a big deal if she made a mistake.

It is probably relative. I rode our riding lawnmower around at that age. Didn’t like it but I did it. The permit age in KS is 14 cause of kids and farm equipment. (unless that has changed)

20 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

It is probably relative. I rode our riding lawnmower around at that age. Didn’t like it but I did it. The permit age in KS is 14 cause of kids and farm equipment. (unless that has changed)

Oh, I'm absolutely sure it is relative. I do not think you'd have to be a negligent parent to allow your child to do things I wouldn't allow my child to do. In fact, my mom was EXTREMELY overprotective, and she even let my sister and me stay home alone before the age I let my child stay home alone, but it was just a different time with different standards (not even THAT different of a time, 18 years, but still a big difference). Things change. Most parents love their children and want them to be safe, and that has never NOT been true. We're lucky to be living in a time when we probably don't need to make our children do dangerous things.

45 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Yeah, we were driving four wheelers, ride on mowers, hand push mowers, etc. at that age (myself and my younger brothers). We grew up in a mountain-y ranch type area, my mom lived on 10 acres backing up to a 5,000 acre cattle ranch. I'd always try to trade chores with my brother closest to my age when I had to mow, mowing 5 acres of hills in 90-100 degree heat sucks. My brother loved it, anything he needed a truck, ride on or giant motor for ha ha.

4 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I think my brother and sister, and my husband all started mowing lawns at around 13 or 14 years old. Push mowers, not riding. (I asked my dad to show me how mow when I was 12, but he said I was too little.) I guess those extra 2 or 3 years from 11 to 13 or 14 seem important to me. I knew plenty of kids who got their first driver's license at 14. My parents made me wait a year.

I'm always leery of riding mowers, just because I know a guy who's an amputee because of a riding mower accident. When he was 3, his young teenaged brother was letting him ride on the back while he mowed the lawn. The 3 year old fell off. He ended up losing that leg below the knee. :( It was a freak accident, but I wish it had been avoided.

8 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I think my brother and sister, and my husband all started mowing lawns at around 13 or 14 years old. Push mowers, not riding. (I asked my dad to show me how mow when I was 12, but he said I was too little.) I guess those extra 2 or 3 years from 11 to 13 or 14 seem important to me. I knew plenty of kids who got their first driver's license at 14. My parents made me wait a year.

I'm always leery of riding mowers, just because I know a guy who's an amputee because of a riding mower accident. When he was 3, his young teenaged brother was letting him ride on the back while he mowed the lawn. The 3 year old fell off. He ended up losing that leg below the knee. :( It was a freak accident, but I wish it had been avoided.

Yeah that would be the big risk with your mowers. Nobody wants an amputation.. :(  Still, in my ruralish neck of the wood most kids were doing it. Now bro did use goggles when he mowed with push mower and there were always closed shoes and appropriate precautions.

Interesting aside. A friend is currently in ER with 11 yr old daughter whose thumb had a run in with a mandolin. These are totally responsible parents. Kid is interested in learning to cook. Those things are sharp as hell. Truth be told I have had a lot of unfortunate kitchen knife encounters as an adult, some from using blades stupidly. Sometimes shit just happens.

My takeaway is actually that if I start seriously cooking again, I can’t use knives unless urgent care is open. I don’t want to risk a $500 er copay for cutting my thumb.

@AliceInFundyland, I have a scar on my finger from where I cut myself while cutting a carrot into sticks when I was 10. I had stitches and it healed well.

It's true that lots of activities can be hazardous. For example, my 9 year old fractured her wrist playing on the school playground about 6 months ago. I guess we just have to know our abilities and our kid's abilities and make our best judgements. I'm pretty sure my 9 year old won't be ready to mow lawns at 11. Maybe when she's older.

And P.S.--Be careful with your knives! :my_heart:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived