IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I couldn’t help but laugh out loud at that part. Fundies think they are so damn special. She probably thanks Jesus every time she has a satisfying bowel movement. 

Jesus died for my bowel movements needs to be a post count title

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I got from her latest IG post was "Jesus died so I could be an asshole to my kids HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LAWD."

Braggie KNOWS the Quiverfull life was an option, not an obligation, for her. Abbie's no Priscilla Waller or Anna Duggar. She's not the pious, flesh denying servant for the Lord she tries to make everyone believe. Her show is hilarious because she doesn't get it that everyone sees right through her and she continues to make herself a joke with this act. I still can't get over how she shops for Anthropologie deals, thrifts, and buys furniture every single week yet brags that her children don't have their own toys to call "mine" and do not receive Christmas gifts. There is no excuse for why she can't thrift or set a budget on spending a few bucks for toys. Those small children do the family's laundry, dishes, and fold clothes every single day while she literally takes photos putting her feet up as they fold clothes.  Braggie can quit spending so much time going to the gym, shopping, and doing DIY activities to lessen the burden on her kids. She doesn't have to give up her hobbies but she needs to take ownership of the responsibilities in her life. Braggie desires the attention having a ton of kids brings WITHOUT the work required for doing so! She can hire a babysitter on the days she has 30+ children at her house for exercise hangouts and she can cut her weekly shopping expenses to hire a maid. NO excuses for Braggie!

Abbie is a woman who has BRAGGED (a smiley emoji included) that she doesn't need a maid because she has her kids do the cleaning. She'd rather spend money on herself, her hobbies, and designing the house. She is a selfish jerk. This is one exact reason why I feel she's a sadist and gets off on making people feel below her. She's made it clear she's into "name it and claim it" thus why she feels the need to repeat she loves her children, loves motherhood, and loves working out so much. Everything she "names" is something she CLEARLY struggles with. She ONLY had these kids to puff herself up and get attention from the heightening of her status within her evangelical church as well as have a good reason to not ever have a career. Braggie is a lazy, selfish, sadist. #LivingwithAbbieisSanctifying

I get the feeling that Abbie wishes she could be a Portland or Austin type urban hipster with a place featured on Apartment Therapy and maybe one kid she named something like Sailor or Pax that was entirely raised by a nanny. Instead Jesus had to step in and just interfere with her life to keep her in some shit-hole middle of no where town with a ton of kids to cramp her style. What she doesn't realize is that she's ultimately pretty basic and women like her are a dime a dozen in these places. The only reason she has the audience and attention she has now is because she's found a pretty niche market  of fundamentalist Christianity Moms who think getting something from Ikea makes them sophisticated.

How old was she when she had her first kid? I know it's been said that she only has one sibling, and she doesn't strike me as the type to have done lots of baby sitting as a teen. I think it's a lot easier to buy into the quiverfull lifestyle when you're young and don't have a ton of experience with babies. I have a dear friend who when she got married was adamant that she and her new husband would do NFP and wanted a large family....until they had 3 girls in 3 years and her husband got a vasectomy ASAP. The problem is Abbie doesn't seem like type to admit when she made a mistake, and instead doubled down.

3 hours ago, milkteeth said:

How old was she when she had her first kid? I know it's been said that she only has one sibling, and she doesn't strike me as the type to have done lots of baby sitting as a teen. I think it's a lot easier to buy into the quiverfull lifestyle when you're young and don't have a ton of experience with babies. I have a dear friend who when she got married was adamant that she and her new husband would do NFP and wanted a large family....until they had 3 girls in 3 years and her husband got a vasectomy ASAP. The problem is Abbie doesn't seem like type to admit when she made a mistake, and instead doubled down.

Braggie entered college young since she was homeschooled and took classes at community college. She said she graduated at 19. At 19, she was also engaged to another guy and said in counseling with him, she told the pastor she would have as many babies God wanted her to and wouldn’t use birth control. I‘m not sure how old exactly Abbie was when she had her first but I’m guessing she was around 25 because she said she had been teaching for 5 years and quit right before the birth. Although Braggie had a twin pregnancy, her fertility has outpaced that of Priscilla’s who started getting pregnant around her age as well as Anna’s, who was pregnant at 20. 

Braggie today says she is a Grinch because the kids turned on Christmas music and she turned it off. Knowing how Braggie behaves, I really don’t find it funny. 2D883559-CD7D-4063-91B3-1C3098BB5705.thumb.png.f7a4d67e78c56e48004ec0febe37d7b4.png

I don't like Christmas music playing in the radio in Oct, but if my kids wanted to listen to Christmas music for a little while I wouldn't turn it off. 

3 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I don't like Christmas music playing in the radio in Oct, but if my kids wanted to listen to Christmas music for a little while I wouldn't turn it off. 

We sing Christmas songs all year long. Because my kids love them. She’s more than a grinch. She’s an asshole. 

I worked for KFC in a food court for nine years, every year the shopping centre management insisted on playing Christmas songs on repeat from the beginning of November by Christmas Eve it drove me insane but I would never stop a child listening to them, if they want to play them in June I still would let them. 

I hate Christmas music until December. I would 100% force my kids to use headphones if they wanted to listen to Rudolph in October. Also no Christmas music on December birthdays. Birthdays are all about the birthday person- tree gets manhandled out of the living room for the day and we do a quick un-decoration or cover up the difficult to remove stuff with a birthday banner or balloons. 

I’m one of those freaks who loves Christmas music whenever. I try to save it for after Thanksgiving so it remains special, but sometimes I’ll listen to it at random times of the year and just pretend it’s Christmas for an afternoon. I was listening to some today, in fact. It is my secret shame! Always with headphones though, or Mr. Blessed might go a little crazy. He’ll ask me to turn it off sometimes but if it was our kid wanting to listen to some a couple months early, he’d sing along. Because he’s not a monster. 

Braggie, is there anything your kids do that you’re not annoyed by?

I seriously dislike Christmas music unless it’s Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.  But I don’t force my family to deal with my dislikes, Braggie. 

Many people find the stuff their kids are into, whether it’s Frozen, cartoons, or repetitive songs, ANNOYING! However, good parents simply walk away and let their kids continue with childish fun because they love them enough to let them be kids. 

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that Abbie reads Free Jinger yet unabashedly admitted she is a grinch? I’m constantly shocked that she continues to make Instagram posts that are so bizarre despite reading here.

Braggie is unashamed of being a bitch.

6 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Many people find the stuff their kids are into, whether it’s Frozen, cartoons, or repetitive songs, ANNOYING! However, good parents simply walk away and let their kids continue with childish fun because they love them enough to let them be kids. 

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that Abbie reads Free Jinger yet unabashedly admitted she is a grinch? I’m constantly shocked that she continues to make Instagram posts that are so bizarre despite reading here.

Braggie is unashamed of being a bitch.

How do you know she reads here? Has she commented about FJ? She seems completely unaware that anything she says could be construed as anything but clever and brilliant.

I think she does read here. Or at least is somehow aware of some of the main criticisms that come up here fairly often. I don't know why she should be abashed to be a "Grinch", though. The child abuse she openly talks about is genuinely bad, not listening to Christmas music before Halloween is a matter of taste. 

Screenshot_20181021-012729~2.png

39 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

How do you know she reads here? Has she commented about FJ? She seems completely unaware that anything she says could be construed as anything but clever and brilliant.

She mentioned in a 2016 blog post that she had to google her blog for a project and she found it being discussed on an Internet forum. I tried finding it but no luck however, it was around 2016 when the first Braggie FJ thread was created.

She also refers to us “friends” here:

Spoiler

BB4FE663-C926-4C7A-8897-F1D852D69A97.thumb.png.1639abcc81fd3c4fc2ffbc764c7754a4.png

There are more references throughout her blog.

On another note, I found this quite interesting... Typical Braggie:C43D30F5-085A-4401-919D-36811C0C2F6F.thumb.png.591213ac1f07f83ef63221ac3418c21c.png

I think all the extremely narcissistic people we talk about on FJ are aware they are talked about here. And I only say that because narcissistic people will google their name at some point and want to know whose talking about them. I would bet $1,000 Braggie is award that FJ talks about her. But what we can’t say is how much she actually checks this thread. That’s what I would like to know but we will never find out. 

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

We use timers. Mini Fille gets her fix, we know that it will end. Christmas music, however, really irks me if it is played before Thanksgiving--let alone before Halloween!!! Still, there is always a compromise: if three people want to listen, then each gets to pick out a single song, and Abbie only has to grit through three songs. 

Like many others, here, I just ADORE holiday music! And yes, I say holiday music because there are so many wonderful songs about the holiday season: Christmas, New Years, general winter-ness. The Hanukkah Song will always be a favorite. Diwali and Eid are sometimes around the time, too. Yule, Kwanzaa, we're in! Right, the point is that Mr Fille and I agreed that yes, Mini Fille and I can play it non-stop, but also that it won't show up until after Thanksgiving.

And all my condolences to those working in retail. I spent 10 years working retail, and I feel ALL the pain for the early and enduring imposition of holiday music. Took several years to enjoy holiday music, again.

25 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

And all my condolences to those working in retail. I spent 10 years working retail, and I feel ALL the pain for the early and enduring imposition of holiday music. Took several years to enjoy holiday music, again.

This! It really cemented my dislike of background music in general, too. Which is just as well, since I can't hear diddly squat with a noisy background. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived