IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

I don’t see it listed as sold. When a house is sold, you will see the listing as “sold” along with the new owners which is why I believe they are renting it out but I’m not positive. In fact, the house is still in the name of Shaun & Abbie Halberstadt... Maybe someone more savy on this would know?

@PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea Shaun Halberstadt now works at home. In addition, he takes frequent vacations to travel for his CH Capital side business. Clearly, he’s trying to go off his own. I don’t think Genesis, the company he works for, pays that well.

Does anyone have any idea why Abbie is listed as a registered agent for Halson Machining LLC? I find it strange considering Abbie is a SAHM...

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braggie is complaining about giving her twin daughters piano lessons. If it’s so fucking bad then hire a piano teacher you fucking martyr. My mother refused to give myself or my sister piano lessons. She hired it out. Because she said giving your own child piano lessons is much harder than giving someone else’s child lessons. And I believe it. Braggie just wants something to complain about so she looks like some self sacrificing mother. Yeah right. She sacrifices very little for those kids. 

She wasn't even actively teaching them, just overseeing their practice. If you can't handle wrong notes, don't listen to your SIX year olds practicing? She's so weird, honestly.

I hate Dr. Seuss. So I read it as often as I can handle and then walk away while Seuss addicts listen to the stories on CD. #MOTHERHOODISSMUGIFYING #HARDISNOTTHESAMEASSMART

At least she's going to apologize to her kids, I guess. Still, it's so sad that her kids have to go through that. I just don't get at all why she decides to share such horrifying things on instagram. I don't see why she wants to tell us she had a melt down because her kids were practicing piano and made a mistake. How do we learn anything about how #motherhoodissanctifying from that? If I get anything from that post, it's extreme sadness. I had a band teacher who did pretty much the same thing, even made me cry, but even though he apologized, I still didn't like him. Sure, I wasn't six, and I had more experience, but it still hurt. Also, humans make mistakes, and if you're teaching music, you've got to accept that. 

She is openly emotionally abusive. One apology- if she actually DOES apologize- isn't even close to enough. 

Cheat sheet for your douchey ass, Braggie:

Relatable: OMG listening to my little kids practice music drives me up a wall!

UNrelatable: I keep count of how many mistakes they make consecutively! And I cried about how BAD they are in front of them! haha good thing Jesus forgives all! 

Does she ever *not* complain?  She was complaining about grading papers the other day.  These fake martyr mommies piss me off (probably because my mother was one of them and she made sure we were miserable because she was miserable).

17 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Does she ever *not* complain?  She was complaining about grading papers the other day.  These fake martyr mommies piss me off (probably because my mother was one of them and she made sure we were miserable because she was miserable).

Well, that's an especially annoying complaint because, you see,  there's this amazing thing called public education! Where your kids go to a school and a professional educator teaches your children for you. They even grade all their papers! And get this, it's FREE! 

No one is forcing you to homeschool, Braggie! The martyr act gets her likes, though. That's is what really matters!

Per Braggie’s piano post:

”But I don't want to run screaming from the room like I do when I sit beside a child who plays THE SAME WRONG NOTE 18 times in a row. It actually gets to me. Like, I cried big, fat, ugly, ridiculous tears on the way to pick up Della from ballet after (not very nicely) helping the twins practice piano. 
I can logically call it "no big deal," but it feels like an assault on my brain.”

WHAT in the world? Braggie, this is so harmful for you to behave like this with your 6 year old children over PIANO. Please don’t allow your issues to influence your children in this manner. I could cry for your children. Your child’s mistakes “feel like an assault” on your brain? This is PIANO! This is not life or death. This behavior is NOT healthy at all. #LivingwithBraggieisSanctifying 

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The fact that she has lots of time away from her children and she then needs so much room separation from them makes me think she really doesn’t like kids in general. It’s gross that she keeps having kid after kid when she really doesn’t even like kids. 

In one of her first blog posts, if I remember correctly, she mentions that she never desired/felt like becoming a mom and having many children. She admits that having (many) children is never what she pictured for herself. However, she also mentions that she firmly believes that choice was/is not up to her but op to god, and that her body and her womb are not hers but god's, and that if god chooses to bless her with many children she will just have to humbly accept. (now that I'm thinking about it, this might have been the posts where she talks about how she's pregnant with twins/just had twins while she had always been praying "please not twins, please not twins").
And I think this is a big part of the problem, and also why she came up with her favorite phrase "hard is not the same thing as bad". She firmly believes that god is and should be in control of her life, and that whatever turn her life takes is god's plan and she just has to roll with it. However, in the case of children and being open to life, Abby's personal feelings and wishes diverge from (what she interprets as) god's plan and god's commandments. Abby never wished to become a mother, or at least not a mother of many children. But this wish is in direct opposition to "having as many kids as god sees fit/blesses us with", and to the belief that a woman's womb is god's, and not her own. So, to make the best out of that contradictory situation, and to demonstrate that she fully submits herself to god and accepts whatever god has planned for her, she just keeps telling herself that "hard is not the same thing as bad".
I think that if abby would have been secular/non-fundy, she would have had maybe one kid, or maybe even no kids at all.

24 minutes ago, Marly said:

In one of her first blog posts, if I remember correctly, she mentions that she never desired/felt like becoming a mom and having many children. She admits that having (many) children is never what she pictured for herself. However, she also mentions that she firmly believes that choice was/is not up to her but op to god, and that her body and her womb are not hers but god's, and that if god chooses to bless her with many children she will just have to humbly accept. (now that I'm thinking about it, this might have been the posts where she talks about how she's pregnant with twins/just had twins while she had always been praying "please not twins, please not twins").
And I think this is a big part of the problem, and also why she came up with her favorite phrase "hard is not the same thing as bad". She firmly believes that god is and should be in control of her life, and that whatever turn her life takes is god's plan and she just has to roll with it. However, in the case of children and being open to life, Abby's personal feelings and wishes diverge from (what she interprets as) god's plan and god's commandments. Abby never wished to become a mother, or at least not a mother of many children. But this wish is in direct opposition to "having as many kids as god sees fit/blesses us with", and to the belief that a woman's womb is god's, and not her own. So, to make the best out of that contradictory situation, and to demonstrate that she fully submits herself to god and accepts whatever god has planned for her, she just keeps telling herself that "hard is not the same thing as bad".
I think that if abby would have been secular/non-fundy, she would have had maybe one kid, or maybe even no kids at all.

Yeah, god totally wants her oldest to raise her kids. That’s why he keeps making her pregnant. :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

*warning: non-religious person with heavy sarcasm here.

Random thoughts:

I grew up with a piano teacher mother, and I took piano (from other people) from ages 6-15.  She did not EVER try to teach me, nor did she ever even try to help me or listen to me practice, because everyone in the music teaching world knows full well YOU DON'T TEACH MUSIC TO YOUR OWN KIDS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK.  If she hates it so fucking much, she DOESN'T HAVE TO DO IT.  UGH.

She thinks by posting all this negative stuff about parenting that she somehow seems more real or genuine.  She isn't getting that it makes her look petty, impatient, vain, and selfish to the extreme.  She also doesn't seem to get that the internet is forever  and all her negativity is there for the kids to see when they're grown.

I see right through to the core of what she's doing, and it can be summed up in two words: BOOK DEAL.  The dead giveaway was her mentioning watching her posts to see if they are popular or bomb.  It's all about the numbers to her.  She wants a book deal so she can keep living her faux perfect curated instagram life and outsource even more child care duties.

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Random thoughts:

I grew up with a piano teacher mother, and I took piano (from other people) from ages 6-15.  She did not EVER try to teach me, nor did she ever even try to help me or listen to me practice, because everyone in the music teaching world knows full well YOU DON'T TEACH MUSIC TO YOUR OWN KIDS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK.  If she hates it so fucking much, she DOESN'T HAVE TO DO IT.  UGH.

She thinks by posting all this negative stuff about parenting that she somehow seems more real or genuine.  She isn't getting that it makes her look petty, impatient, vain, and selfish to the extreme.  She also doesn't seem to get that the internet is forever  and all her negativity is there for the kids to see when they're grown.

I see right through to the core of what she's doing, and it can be summed up in two words: BOOK DEAL.  The dead giveaway was her mentioning watching her posts to see if they are popular or bomb.  It's all about the numbers to her.  She wants a book deal so she can keep living her faux perfect curated instagram life and outsource even more child care duties.

Braggie Abbie openly admitted in a blog post a few years ago that the reason she started a blog was to develop an audience for a book deal. In fact, she shared she already wrote a book and “shopped it around to publishers”. 

Braggie doesn’t do things that aren’t advantageous to her. I believe she says “hard isn’t not the same thing as bad” in response to her getting frequently asked in public why she has 8 kids and if it’s hard. Braggie can’t possibly have people think her life is BAD! In fact, Braggie says the exact same thing from a blog post below:

Spoiler

18A7493C-A8D6-47AE-A324-82E33D12B5D5.thumb.jpeg.83fa14f60a8d0c1294f2f958875fdc07.jpeg

For Braggie Abbie, being quiverfull is to fuel her narcissistic ego and hunger for affirmation & attention. I believe it’s also because lazy Braggie wanted to lock in the fact that she never would work again as like Lori, she believes she is a princess. In fact, before meeting Shaun, she was engaged to another guy at 19 and told him she wanted to have as many kids as God would give her and never use birth control. Selfish and lazy Braggie is about attention, fame, and money. Also, it’s almost as if Braggie views her children as animals to control through training and their existence is to be perfect in order to not interfere with Braggie’s laziness & princess routines as well as fuel her narcisstic ego so that people continue to fawn over how well-behaved her kids are. Braggie needs to have those kids be quiet and keep doing her chores all day so that she can paint her nails, have time to research DIY design ideas as well as thrift shop for furniture, shop at Anthropologie for deals, and get her daily exercise in. #LivingwithAbbieIsSanctifying

I still wonder why she’s the registered agent of Halson Machining LLC that she registered in 2013 when she doesn’t work...

Dude she sounds unhinged. Crying “big, fat, ugly tears” because you had to listen to your kids practice piano? That can’t possibly be healthy behavior.

Braggie strikes me as the kind of person who *should* be childfree, but never really thought about having kids as a choice. She doesn't seem to actually like any aspect of being a mother -- except for the attention she gets from having so many kids. 

Not that she'd be a nicer or less selfish person, but at least there wouldn't be kids suffering because she keeps having babies. She'd find other ways to get attention and to be an asshole.

Abby should just have the eldest boy do piano practice, just like everything else. 

19 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Does anyone have any idea why Abbie is listed as a registered agent for Halson Machining LLC? I find it strange considering Abbie is a SAHM...

It's not that strange.  A registered agent is just the person who accepts formal service of legal documents and government notices for the entity.  It doesn't necessarily mean the agent does any actual work. 

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Braggie doesn’t do things that aren’t advantageous to her. I believe she says “hard isn’t not the same thing as bad” in response to her getting frequently asked in public why she has 8 kids and if it’s hard. Braggie can’t possibly have people think her life is BAD! In fact, Braggie says the exact same thing from a blog post below:

Reveal hidden contents

That post is so Abbie. Normal person come up to her to make small talk about being a parent or possibly even to get some reassurance in a possibly shared difficult experience. But no, Braggie has to be all nope, everything is great for me! I'm so much godlier than you!

Of all the people I personally follow on FJ, she might not be the worst parent (that distinction goes to the blessed little narcissists) but she certainly is the one that openly dislikes her children the most. Do her children ever read her posts? Does she say this shit in front of them? Do those poor girls know that their mother prayed to not have them?

She reminds me of the infamous ThatWife, mother of poor Bathroom Baby.

I found the part I was referring to in my previous post.
In a blog post titled "Trying to believe it Tuesday", where she reveals that she's pregnant with twins, she states:
"But despite my openness [to life], there has consistently been one thing that I have asked (no begged) God not to give me, and the conversation has always gone a little something like: “Lord, please. You know that it’s a sacrifice for me to say that I’m willing to have as many kids are you’ll give me, even though I’m not really a ‘kid person’ or a natural ‘mothering’ sort. Just please…PLEASE…give them to me one at a time. If I have twins, I’m serious. I might die.” "
After this she also emphasizes again that she is not the "natural mother type" and that following the "being open to life and having as many blessings as the lord gives us" command is hard on and for her:
"After all, I’m already being obedient in a way that’s hard for me because I meant it when I said my prayers included that bit about not being a natural mothering sort."

(I put the link to the blogpost under a spoiler)

I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, I was raised by someone who "knew" she wanted "lots" of kids, but luckily Fate intervened and I'm the only child who suffered being raised by a ?narcissist? with zero innate parenting ability. Seriously, she has NO emotional ability to connect with adults, let alone children. She still talks about how she's great with children and it drives me CRAZY.  On the other hand, Braggie KNOWS she's terrible at parenting and is having a shit-ton of kids anyway??? Oh right, it's equally crappy to think you're amazing while abusing your kid/s and to know you're not amazing while abusing your kids. 

I want to roast every person who contributes to this culture where being child free isn't a completely valid choice alive. People who don't like kids or don't want to make  the sacrifices required to raise children shouldn't be parents. 

1 hour ago, Hane said:

She reminds me of the infamous ThatWife, mother of poor Bathroom Baby.

I've been following her for years, even after she left Mormonism. I'm sad to report that situation is still a mess. She's such a prime example of the dangers of exalting motherhood to the point its considered the sole or preferred option for young women before they've had a chance to discover who they are. 

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Do those poor girls know that their mother prayed to not have them?

Loretta Lynn said that her twins hated her song One's On the Way because at the end she mutters, oh gee, I hope it ain't twins again. It made them feel bad even though the song wasn't direct life commentary the way these Instagram/blog posts are. 

3 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

Abbie's hyperbole really is beyond dramatic. "Jesus DIED for my piano practice rage." Lol, ok.

I couldn’t help but laugh out loud at that part. Fundies think they are so damn special. She probably thanks Jesus every time she has a satisfying bowel movement. 

10 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

Braggie strikes me as the kind of person who *should* be childfree, but never really thought about having kids as a choice. She doesn't seem to actually like any aspect of being a mother -- except for the attention she gets from having so many kids.

I wonder why, though. I would understand that in someone who grew up in a quiverfull family. But it really doesn't seem like Braggie did. Seems more like she came to the "have as many kids as the Lord provides" idea by herself. But why, since she clearly never wanted a lot of kids?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived