IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

He's three! Of course he doesn't want to sit through bible study! Give him something to distract him, don't punish him.  Poor little Theo.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JesusHDuggar said:

Would it be wrong if I reported her post to Instagram? 

I doubt they will do anything about it, but I don't think it is wrong to report it. 

5 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I doubt they will do anything about it, but I don't think it is wrong to report it. 

I’m sure she’ll get a notification that it’s under review. Followed by a post from her of a picture of a decorated antique chair with a caption about how she’s being bullied online or something far fetched. ?

54 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

He's three! Of course he doesn't want to sit through bible study! Give him something to distract him, don't punish him.  Poor little Theo.

Well, yes. He's three. Someone tried to point this out in the comments ("Being strong-willed is part of their job as 3 year olds. Emotions once boundaries are established should be welcomed, not met with 'fuss juice'." ), but they're pretty overwhelmed by all of Braggie's fangirlz  whooping it up over forcing their kids to drink noxious substances.

23 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Well, yes. He's three. Someone tried to point this out in the comments ("Being strong-willed is part of their job as 3 year olds. Emotions once boundaries are established should be welcomed, not met with 'fuss juice'." ), but they're pretty overwhelmed by all of Braggie's fangirlz  whooping it up over forcing their kids to drink noxious substances.

If you click on the fan girls that say they do this already or will try this with their own children, they are all seemingly fundie or fundie life. It’s always these homeschooling fundies with too many damn kids that treat their children like this. It’s disgusting that abuse is so common and accepted in these fundie circles. 

What makes it extra crazy (above and beyond the whole "yeah that's abuse, asshole" thing) is that being kind and compassionate just works BETTER. An acknowledgement they're having trouble following the rules and they're in a bad mood then a little snack or chill out time works for helping toddlers out of shitty moods. Plus it helps them identify and name emotions (frustration/anger/surprise/sadness/tiredness) and equips them with the tools they need to begin to handle their emotions.

Sort of related- My kid with sensory/communication issues has started asking for a snack when hungry and cuddling up with his comfort object when he's feeling overwhelmed and I AM SO DINGDANGALANG PROUD OF THAT LITTLE TURD 

I saw this earlier and got to pissed off that I had to close Instagram and go swim for a while. I wanted to post about it, but I couldn't even coherently put into words how WTF THAT IS WRONG YOU ARE WRONG YOU SICK BASTARD I felt.

Making your child drink a noxious substance as a punishment? Bad and wrong.

SQUIRTING said substance into their mouth while they are crying? There oughta be a law.

(If you report a post on instagram, does the person you're reporting know who did it?)

On another note, I'm glad nobody tried hotsaucing on me when I was small... it would only have encouraged me. ?

The bullshit is knee deep with this one. That’s cruel archaic punishment, and mentioning the  health benefits. FFS Apples, sugar and yeast ... real life panacea. 

I never got hotsauced, but my parents threatened it. The thought was terrifying. Poor Theo! He's just three. A three year old isn't going to behave well all the freaking time, how does she not understand how children work after 7 kids? She needs to put herself in her children's shoes and realize what she's doing them hurts them and that they are allowed to not be perfect. Fussy, my ass. That's just a kid. If you're going to punish a kid for being a kid, look at yourself. Think "would I have wanted my parents to do this to me?". And if the answer is no, just don't do it. Geez. I honestly don't think she understands that other people, including children, are complex human beings who all have justifications for their actions and think what they're doing has a valid reason. She shouldn't punish her toddler for having a short attention span. He's three, he's allowed to not yet have a fully-developed prefrontal cortex, and shouldn't be hurt because of it. 

Also. Making your kid clean up his vomit is sick and disgraceful. Shame on her, that's a terrible thing to do. She shouldn't be so smug about his pain. She seems to only care about her annoyances, her stress, yadayadayada. Think about someone else. Her feelings and need for everything to be perfect and have her children rigidly controlled is disturbing, and she really needs some compassion towards her children. If she hates how children act, how on earth does she have so many? Does she only like the moments that they're perfect?

1 hour ago, PopRox said:

I saw this earlier and got to pissed off that I had to close Instagram and go swim for a while. I wanted to post about it, but I couldn't even coherently put into words how WTF THAT IS WRONG YOU ARE WRONG YOU SICK BASTARD I felt.

Making your child drink a noxious substance as a punishment? Bad and wrong.

SQUIRTING said substance into their mouth while they are crying? There oughta be a law.

(If you report a post on instagram, does the person you're reporting know who did it?)

On another note, I'm glad nobody tried hotsaucing on me when I was small... it would only have encouraged me. ?

It is anonymous ;)

But I couldn’t find anything on this list that qualifies. 

7FE9EA27-6964-49C8-90A2-AFA7955049CB.png

Have come to the conclusion that Braggie Abbie is only interested in the following goals, pretty much in this order:

1. Being admired for looking beautiful in her lovely clothes & homes.
  2. Getting pregnant & having babies, and being admired for same.
  3. Recovering from said pregnancies ASAP, and resuming her beautiful appearance with its attendant admiration.
  4. Not allowing anyone -- most especially her children -- to interfere with the preceding goals.

I, too, would love to know the answer to this question:

Why are Braggie Abbies walls considered to be paper thin?

(Sis @ophelia asked first at the bottom of page 13 but it appeared to be lost in the shuffle.)

Thanks for any info or links.

Someone asked “If she hates kids so much, why does she have so many?”

Simple. Braggie doesn’t have children because she likes them. Braggie has children so she can elevate her status in Christian circles and get attention for it. Braggie has an easy life because she passes off the majority of Mom and homemaker duties onto the kids and is open about that on her blog. Braggie is very,very strict and has said she doesn’t even allow her children to use the word “mine” in the house, when it comes to toys. 

Like Lori, Braggie quit her teaching job and popped out kids because I believe she never wanted to work. At 19, with her first fiancé, she wrote on her blog she had a conviction to have as many children as possible a la Michelle Duggar. 

Braggie’s goal in life is to desperately maintain the elusion of having it all and receive the butt-pats for it: a skinny body, perfect wife totally BFFs & IN LOVE with an Einstein-Zuckerberg hybrid of husband, HUGE family, faking a rich lifestyle in the paper thin home out in the boonies, faking an Anthropologie style, a Joanna Gaines 2.0 DIY clone, excellent home educator, exercise fanatic, etc. Look at her posts dating back to 2013. Braggie is OBSESSED with herself and her image. She’s also shockingly open about not caring about the feelings of her said “passel of children”... She makes it clear to them that they WORK for her to obey God, we deserve nothing only Hell, need to take up our cross and die to our self everyday, and has them repeat “Hard is not the same as bad”.

Another thing- Braggie’s posts about her frugality and haggling is usually just another way for her to be prideful. In many circles of Christianity, being frugal is seen as a competition and something to wear as a badge of honor.

Braggie admits that if she does not get her exercise in for the day, she is not a happy person. She forces her oldest son to babysit kids and other kids so she can host exercise meetings at her home with friends in addition to her 3x a week gym visits.

The basis for my opinions? These are all my observations based on sitting down with a black coffee having a spare 2 hours one time perusing her blog.

Also, something weird and random I noticed is that Braggie has bragged in the past about not drinking coffee nor any tea. It’s made me wonder if she is following the LDS/ Mormon church’s word of wisdom diet code. Also, her obsession with sanctification, emphasis on her children always responding with the “right attitude”, obedience to the commandments, justification of perfection with “be ye perfect...” sounds very Mormon to me, personally. If I didn’t know, I would think she’s LDS...

I don’t know why Braggie puts so much time into maintaining this facade of a life. Honestly, it comes across as creepy and pathological. Totally “off”. She has better things to do, such as raise 8 children or get in her 2 hours of exercise.

She’s just nuts.  Yeah, let’s mini-waterboard an upset toddler with vinegar. It’s what Jesus would do! I love the suggestion in the comments though of “whiny bug extraction, which looks remarkably like tickling”. There’s a parent to emulate, Braggie!

@luv2laugh (which isn't tagging, but hi there!) asked about why the father "let's" her do all of these things, and I definitely have an answer as a survivor and then working with other abuse survivors. Basically, abuse infects the whole family. Now, I have the very best, wonderful, educated, swell dad. But man--the contortions my mother would present. Basically, she convinced him that divorce would send us all to hell, that she would remarry and the step-dad would perpetuate sex abuse against us, that one parent should never criticise another parent (that rule was particularly one-sided) and that children should obey their parents.  So even though the children suffer the most, the abuser has set up a whole environment that includes all those related. If you are looking for my best guess at this kind of person, look to politics. In politics, if you look at James Comey (so principled that it overruled common sense), or Melania Trump (just why does she let him get away with it?) you can kind of see what dynamic the father lives within.  

14 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Shaun Halberstadt has a computer consulting business website called Capital H Creative “working for you as though for Him” http://www.capitalhcreative.com/ Apparently he uses vacation time from his “day job” to travel to do this other job.

I mean... for a computer programmer, that website is shockingly bad! No further information, layout/graphics straight from the 90s, the email link isn't even clickable.

I admit I can be impatient with my kids and I have little tolerance for whining. But I would never squirt nasty stuff in my three year old’s mouth. He will just get a timeout if it gets that bad. Jeez.

Not to mention, if she’s so convinced apple cider vinegar is so good for you then she’s not only cruel, she’s stupid. She’s pretty much guaranteed that her kids will loathe the taste of it for the rest of their lives because it will always be associated with memories of this punishment. Guess they won’t be enjoying the health benefits of ACV as adults! All because Braggy can’t be bothered to provide a 3 year old with age appropriate distractions during boring activities. 

What a selfish ass.  

3 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

I mean... for a computer programmer, that website is shockingly bad! No further information, layout/graphics straight from the 90s, the email link isn't even clickable.

Of course it's bad. He presumably wrote it in PHP ?

I'm glad hotsaucing wasn't a thing when I was a kid, but having your mouth washed out with soap still was(and I remember being threatened with it a few times but not actually getting it).

1 minute ago, smittykins said:

I'm glad hotsaucing wasn't a thing when I was a kid, but having your mouth washed out with soap still was(and I remember being threatened with it a few times but not actually getting it).

I got it once with liquid dish soap. 

My mom washed my mouth out with soap for being sassy (aka defending myself when she was busy screaming at me). Still sassy as hell and don't take her shit anymore, so didn't work for either "issue" lol

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived