IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

There was already a thread for M is for Mama, but it was pretty dead, so I hope it's alright I made a new one.  

Abbie has a blog M is for Mama (and an instagram) that is so Pinteresty your eyes might hurt looking at it. Don't worry though, there's still plenty of quiver full ugliness shining through.

Recent favorites of mine are her blog post on child training http://misformama.net/2017/06/what-child-training-looks-like-at-our-house-part-1.html where part 1 is basically just "we pray a lot"

Or where she praised her oldest for being such a good brother/dad:

Spoiler

Anyway, I pretty much check her instagram all the time, mostly to check out the ginormous house they're building (complete with Duggar style boy dorm and girl dorm), and I was wondering if any other FJer's do too.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha my brain always reads this as "misinfor-mama", as if it's some parody account purposely spewing misinformation. 

Where does all the money come from? Yet another person to add to my thread “How do fundies afford it?”

God. I am looking at her insta as an excuse to procrastinate on Kinesiology homework, and this looks like a fun new rabbit hole. While it’s cool she got that scary looking fluff thing (a hat?) for $63 after “sweet talking” when it was supposedly worth like $400, if your “grocery bill is depressing” and you have that many kids, $63 is a lot. She could’ve bought like 30 pineapples.

I am mean, but I can’t stand it when people try to do Quiverfull luxuriously. Someone ends up suffering for it, usually the kids.

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

There was already a thread for M is for Mama, but it was pretty dead, so I hope it's alright I made a new one.  

Abbie has a blog M is for Mama (and an instagram) that is so Pinteresty your eyes might hurt looking at it. Don't worry though, there's still plenty of quiver full ugliness shining through.

Recent favorites of mine are her blog post on child training http://misformama.net/2017/06/what-child-training-looks-like-at-our-house-part-1.html where part 1 is basically just "we pray a lot"

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway, I pretty much check her instagram all the time, mostly to check out the ginormous house they're building (complete with Duggar style boy dorm and girl dorm), and I was wondering if any other FJer's do too.

Raises hand!

14 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

God. I am looking at her insta as an excuse to procrastinate on Kinesiology homework, and this looks like a fun new rabbit hole. While it’s cool she got that scary looking fluff thing (a hat?) for $63 after “sweet talking” when it was supposedly worth like $400, if your “grocery bill is depressing” and you have that many kids, $63 is a lot. She could’ve bought like 30 pineapples.

I am mean, but I can’t stand it when people try to do Quiverfull luxuriously. Someone ends up suffering for it, usually the kids.

She says she buys most of her children’s clothing at Goodwill. Now I buy used kids clothing all the time. I have nothing against it. However it is interesting when fundies dress their children in second hand clothing while they buy expensive new clothing for themselves all the time. 

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Hide contents

What the ever loving hell, bitch?! You actually come out and call him the 3rd parent at 12? I mean, I know our fundies have no shame, but dam you really have no Shame! 

24 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

Ahh! I follow her on Instagram (don't judge me...) and that's a Juju hat, which I learned from Google is apparently the latest and greatest thing according to decorating bloggers. They're ceremonially used by a tribe from Cameroon. I personally think it's questionable to use them for decorating because they were used for ritual purposes, but that's just my opinion.

https://www.designmyworld.net/juju-hat

https://www.jungalow.com/2014/04/bamileke-design-and-using-ceremonial-pieces-for-home-decor.html

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Ahh! I follow her on Instagram (don't judge me...) and that's a Juju hat, which I learned from Google is apparently the latest and greatest thing according to decorating bloggers. They're ceremonially used by a tribe from Cameroon. I personally think it's questionable to use them for decorating because they were used for ritual purposes, but that's just my opinion.

https://www.designmyworld.net/juju-hat

https://www.jungalow.com/2014/04/bamileke-design-and-using-ceremonial-pieces-for-home-decor.html

Very questionable indeed. Would she give that much money in resources for a tribe in Cameroon? Probably not.

She is so shiny happy sparkly Jesus-y she makes my teeth ache.

She's all about being the quiverfull SAHM except she has a job teaching aerobics or something

She's all about homeschooling except she belongs to a home school co-op and her mother teaches the kids 2 or so days a week.

Her hubby makes huge, huge bank which is how they afford the enormous house and all those kids.

The amount of money she spends/has spent on decorating the house is mindboggling. Even if you scour the internet for bargains/coupons/deals/closeouts/etc., furniture from Anthropologie is still hella expensive.

She's pretty obnoxious.

Her online presence seems to be two parts product placement and one part SAHM-see how perfect I am, complete with the faux modesty. Yecch.

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

What the ever loving hell, bitch?! You actually come out and call him the 3rd parent at 12? I mean, I know our fundies have no shame, but dam you really have no Shame! 

Ezra is very much the Jana of this family.

Exhibit A: His name is apparently always one of the babies' first words

Spoiler

Exhibit B: His 11th birthday was spent taking care of his siblings and cousins

Spoiler

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She says she buys most of her children’s clothing at Goodwill. Now I buy used kids clothing all the time. I have nothing against it. However it is interesting when fundies dress their children in second hand clothing while they buy expensive new clothing for themselves all the time. 

Theory: Jill Rodrigues is the "nailed it" of MifM. 

I was just watching her instagram story (15 hours old as of now, get in while it's hot) and I definitely spy with my little eye a Young Living TM oil diffuser in her laundry.  I've spent too long on the Boyer blog not to know them.  Dare I say we have another MLM adjacent fundie-lite mommy blogger here?

Literal blood sweat and years to get him where? To the point he will joyfully care for his siblings? Or so that she trusts him to care for them? Or just to the ripe old age of 12? Let her get him through college and working as a productive member of society and then she can talk about blood sweat and tears. :tw_lol: 

16 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Ezra is very much the Jana of this family.

Alternatively, he could genuinely have a knack for babies and small children. I hate to discourage boys from being affectionate with smaller children, because it's not something that boys are encouraged to do as much as girls are, although I despise when any child is made a primary caretaker for younger siblings and family members. My 14 year-old son loves babies and toddlers, and they seem to respond to him with enthusiasm. Even when he was in first grade, the toddlers and preschoolers at his school would flock to the fence of the toddler/preschool playground when he came out to the bigger kids playground, to talk to him, show him their toys, and play through the fence with him. He'd sit at the fence and talk to them for his whole recess time. 

After doing a bit of digging, I found the news release of their wedding "(Abigail) Anderson weds (Shaun) Halberstadt"http://www.thehendersonnews.com/family/anderson-weds-halberstadt/article_212a624d-bfe9-55cf-b26c-2e328aefb311.html )

Per the article, she graduated from UT and worked as a high school ESL teacher while her husband, Shaun, "the bridegroom is a software engineer for the Genesis Group in Tyler". I'm not sure if the Genesis Group is run by Christians or not given the name and dove logo, however, on the website, Shaun is still working there as one of the software developers and it seems to be a small-ish sized company.  I remember in her blog she had mentioned that he was able to work from home as well in the past...

How She (probably) Does It All: 

• She is honest about receiving extensive help from her mother and basically offloads a lot of the child-rearing on the older kids.
  • Her husband might still be working from home (?)
  • She is able to afford building a mansion since they live in East Texas which has a very low COL and properties are much cheaper there.
  • Her husband has been with the company since 2005. I wouldn't necessarily say he "makes bank" but it's stable, steady revenue that he's generated over the years.  When you consider this along with the benefits of cheap land in rural East Texas, you can live a life of paradise.

Basically, this explains her perfect life. Not everyone can easily find a job in a place like Tyler, Texas that would allow them to downsize and live like kings in rural East Texas. Tyler is only around 25 minutes away from the Big Sandy Alert campus. She would not be able to have this lifestyle if she was living in NY, Detroit, Chicago, LA, etc...

God I hate that I love her style so much. I fucking adore that deep teal color on the cabinets and that fun floral on the microwave. I love it so much but I can’t stand her. Argh! 

B5E23084-3FD2-433D-B546-9BC17D954850.png

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

What does her husband do for a living

Parsing this info from her blog, he is a very highly paid self-employed IT consultant 

51 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Parsing this info from her blog, he is a very highly paid self-employed IT consultant 

I don't know but given that the newsletter announcement of their wedding stated he was working for Genesis World as a software developer, I found him still currently listed as part of the staff as a software developer on their website.  Genesis World is currently hiring for a mid-level software developer (2-7 yrs) and flat out states the salary range as $55-70,000 depending on experience: https://genesisworld.com/careers/#softdev

I'm not sure why she said he works for himself but maybe it was a recent change:

I’m sure hiring movers would have made things simpler in some ways, but here’s the thing: my husband works for himself as a software developer and has all of the techie tools to show for it. Also, we run Paint and Prose out of our home office, so there’s a fair bit of stuff that comes with that. Also, we build our own houses, so the tools, they are plentiful. Also, we have rentals, and there is definitely some paraphernalia associated with that. 

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

God I hate that I love her style so much. I fucking adore that deep teal color on the cabinets and that fun floral on the microwave. I love it so much but I can’t stand her. Argh! 

B5E23084-3FD2-433D-B546-9BC17D954850.png

I can't stand her, but damn I also LOVE her style. Maybe a little too much sometimes, but generally her decoration and house look gorgeous. This would be the style I would aim for, if I ever had the money.

This fundie just might make me join instagram. I really live her house style. I cant imagine living my life for the camera though- everything perfect, kids perfect. I also cant imagine relying on my 12 yo to watch my babies. Or not celebrating my kid's birthday. 

So one of the pictures shows Ezra with some beautiful shelves holding all these cutesy decorations, and all I could think was what a horrible waste of space. That could hold a lot of books.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived