IGNORED

Jesus Christ being removed from South Carolina church

47of74

When an article in the local Catholic diocesan newspaper dared to call Mary an unwed pregnant teenager, this was the reply from an indignant reader: "The Bible says she was betrothed! And in those days, that was the same as married!"

On 5/30/2018 at 10:34 PM, Ali said:

They had a larger and more obnoxious looking one made. I am embarrassed every time I drive by that church.

Are you talking about the one in the Cincinnati-dayton area? That thing is a monstrosity.  I cringe everytime I have to pass it going to and from the south.

4 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Are you talking about the one in the Cincinnati-dayton area? That thing is a monstrosity.  I cringe everytime I have to pass it going to and from the south.

Yes, this is the one I am talking about.

I love that one of its nicknames is "5 Dollar Footlong Jesus." :pb_lol:

"Taking Jesus" out of a Baptist Church in SC isn't that big of a deal, he never was there to begin with...a homeless looking middle eastern man would have been shown the door right quick. 

On 6/1/2018 at 2:48 AM, smittykins said:

When an article in the local Catholic diocesan newspaper dared to call Mary an unwed pregnant teenager, this was the reply from an indignant reader: "The Bible says she was betrothed! And in those days, that was the same as married!"

She was also 14, so...

We used to call him Quicksand Jesus because it looked like he was sinking into the earth.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:37 PM, Ali said:

Yes, this is the one I am talking about.

I rant about it everytime I pass it, even if I'm alone. 

I flipped off the creation museum when I passed it my last trip. I know no one cares, but it settled my rage at the moment.

On 6/4/2018 at 11:06 PM, feministxtian said:

"Taking Jesus" out of a Baptist Church in SC isn't that big of a deal, he never was there to begin with...a homeless looking middle eastern man would have been shown the door right quick. 

Blonde hair and blue eyes would have been acceptable, just like in the picture in all the SBC churches I've been to. Although I don't think our current one has that picture.  We have not been in a while so I'm not sure.

Archived