IGNORED

Roseanne reboot cancelled after racist twitter rant

47of74

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Nah but your career is, lady (and I use that term loosely).

You brought this all on yourself.  Lemme guess Rosie, you wanted to go out in a blaze of glory taking a dozen ISIS terrorists with you.

As I've said before, if Roseanne would just lie low, and then do an interview with a neutral source where she apologized and took full responsibility for what happened, she could start slowly rebuilding her career again. She's still angry and defiant, so I guess she's chosen to just go down with the ship. :confusion-shrug:

I've been wondering how her absence on the show would be handled, so thanks for the update. :pb_smile:

• Upvote 5

I liked last night's episode, too. I also thought it was timely how they brought up the opioid crisis (one of my friends lives in the epicenter of it and has lot numerous friends). I also liked that they started the show out in the weeks after she died, and didn't make a big deal about the funeral and everything. Jackie and the reorganizing was kind of dumb but whatever. She was dealing with her best friend's death the best way she knew how.

I always really liked the original show. It started when I was nine and my mom wouldn't let me watch it because the kids had smart mouths. My own smart mouth daughter has fallen in love with the show and I recently bought her the entire set. We just finished watching it last week. I thought the last two seasons, with the lottery win, were stupid and that's where the show lost me. But the rest of it, when they were a struggling, working class family, always really appealed to me. I liked how they were one of the first shows to bring up the issue of gay people, and show that they are just regular people.

I know Roseanne has a right to say whatever she thinks but I don't have to agree with it or like it. I agree with ABC taking her off the show. The fact that she's whiny and upset about it now is her own fault. I can't imagine she doesn't have enough money from the original show to survive without finding more work. 

• Upvote 6

I loved that it came back.  As soon as they said cancelled, I said they could have her OD. They showed that she was obviously popping lots of pills so it isn't like it was out of nowhere 

My daughter sked about why she was fired and there is an entirely new show without her. I said she was rude to someone on twitter. My daughter said something about her not being president. I laughed. A lot. Lol

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

I guess TV Land figures she’s been properly punished because they have reruns of her original show going this morning.

I liked the original show for the most part.  I thought it was really stupid after the lottery win and then when it ended, I was not happy with the way that the Dan character was killed off and the last two years were explained as her fantasy.  I never did manage to watch the reboot.  I do not feel sorry for her, she opened her big mouth all on her own.  But I am glad that the show was able to come back because there were quite a few people that were going to be out of work because of her idiocy.  If it does not succeed, hopefully the people who are employed will have enough time/warning to see about other employment.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:26 AM, 47of74 said:

I guess TV Land figures she’s been properly punished because they have reruns of her original show going this morning.

CMT and Paramount Network have been running the original show during the week for the last couple of weeks. Maybe the distributor cut the price enough to make it worth those stations' while.

• 2 months later...

If I ever had any sympathy for Roseanne it's gone now

Roseanne Barr has described women involved in the #MeToo movement as “hos” and Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris as someone who has “slept her way to the bottom.”

In an explosive interview on The Candace Owens Show, Barr also suggested that Christine Blasey Ford should be “in prison” after accusing Supreme Court judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

Barr believed that the women were only in the hotel rooms to begin with “because they thought they were getting a job 15 years ago.”

“Well, it’s because they’re hos,” she said. “Like if you don’t run out of the room and go, ‘Excuse me you don’t do that to me,’ and leave, but you stayed around because you’re like, [puts on crying voice] ‘Well I thought maybe he was going to give me a writing job,’ well, you aren’t nothing but a ho.”

• WTF 6

Long, long gone. Wtf. She needs to fade away and live quietly among her macadamia trees or whatever she has. 
I have to wonder why she's bothering speaking at all. Just as people have stated stay in Hawaii and stop speaking. Nope instead she goes onto a Turning Point shills show and reiterated her allegiance with their talking points. Also calling the women hos way to keep it classy. Not all the women who were harassed was it a situation of being coerced into hotel rooms and Umm not to point out the obvious, but a lot of them tried to leave the situation. One also wonders why speak out now about, is it to distract from current issues. After all just make the Democrats look all radical and out for big government control. Meanwhile the Republicans can go oh look we're reasonable and look at the economy. My response is hmm why does this remind me of the Bush era. The economy was doing fine at the end of the first term than we all know what happened at the end of the second.
  • Upvote 2

I have to wonder why she's bothering speaking at all. Just as people have stated stay in Hawaii and stop speaking. Nope instead she goes onto a Turning Point shills show and reiterated her allegiance with their talking points. Also calling the women hos way to keep it classy. Not all the women who were harassed was it a situation of being coerced into hotel rooms and Umm not to point out the obvious, but a lot of them tried to leave the situation. One also wonders why speak out now about, is it to distract from current issues. After all just make the Democrats look all radical and out for big government control. Meanwhile the Republicans can go oh look we're reasonable and look at the economy. My response is hmm why does this remind me of the Bush era. The economy was doing fine at the end of the first term than we all know what happened at the end of the second.

Now that I think of it I wonder if she’s doing this in part to fuck with the people who worked on her show in the past? Make it so poisonous for CMT and Paramount to air reruns of the original sow that they drop it again and don’t let her come back. Which would of course screw over the people getting residual checks.
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

56 minutes ago, infooverload said:
2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Also calling the women hos way to keep it classy. 

Let's face it though, no one has ever confused Roseanne Barr with being classy. 

• I Agree 3
  • Love 4

• 6 months later...

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

“The Star-Spangled Banner” isn’t an unusual feature of high school pregame festivities, but Roseanne Barr’s screeching 1990s rendition surprised spectators at one Delaware volleyball game.

The News Journal of Wilmington reports the Seaford School District apologized Wednesday for the shock served at Seaford High School’s Tuesday game against Milford High.

A letter from Superintendent David Perrington says pregame proceedings will be improved to spike future occurrences and the lapse is being investigated.

• WTF 5

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Whitney Houston's version at the 1991 Super Bowl was classic.  It was even released as a single.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
I have to say The Conners without Roseanne Barr is quite refreshing.

I take it season two is progressing well? I have to admit I haven’t watched much tv as busy as I was last semester with school. What tv I did watch lately has to do with some guy in a bunch of armor and a little green alien baby with big ass ears.
  • Love 1