IGNORED

Roseanne reboot cancelled after racist twitter rant

47of74

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Roseanne has the sads because of lost income. 

So, what is her next move? Is she going to end up as the QAnon conspiracy theory analyst on Fox News, or star in commercials for Ambien? :wink-kitty:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

She is such a fake a*s bitch. Because she tweeted how she Ms. Valerie Jarrett was Muslisms/ Middle Eastern. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Remember when she claimed to have multiple personalities?

• Haha 3

She'll be interviewed by Sean Hannity on Thursday.  God help us all.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

In summary:

Hannity had to prompt her repeatedly to apologize and then she issues a sorry not sorry with a touch of who's ugly you're ugly.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 5

On 7/25/2018 at 11:12 AM, Botkinetti said:

@JMarie I don’t know how much more of Fox News you can stomach but if you do watch it I would love a recap. 

I have massive cramps and a bit of hangover, so the thought of watching Hannity is even less appealing than usual. Usually his big name interviews will be one segment, about 10 minutes, with a commercial break before and after.  This thing was the whole fucking hour.  No opening monologue, no other guests.  I was suffering before, but I'm really suffering now that I've watched the whole thing.

He starts off by explaining who Roseanne is, how she "spearheaded" the reboot of her show (she didn't, Sara Gilbert did), and showed this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl0hLA4B_HE .  "I don't understand a lot, to tell you the truth," she admits, talking about the Valerie Jarrett tweet.  She's apologized a lot, and feels "so sad" that people thought that tweet was racist, when she intended it to be political.  She has minorities in her family, because "Jews get around."  "How would you like it to be sitting in a room with 25 people who think Trump is the worst thing to happen to the United States?  How would you like it?  Would you do your job?"  "It happens to me every day," Hannity replies (really?  There are 25 Fox News employees who think Trump is the worst thing to happen to the United States?)  He then adds "there's plenty of people around here who disagree with every word I say, and hate what I stand for, absolutely disagree adamantly with me" (sure there are).  

"I hate everyone equally," she said with a smile.  "But everyone deserves to be joked about."  But then she gets serious, and turns to the camera.  "Let's talk about it.  Let's really turn this into a teachable moment.  We need to talk about race, and uh, everything that's uh connected to it, including not knowing that someone who looks like me, her skin tone is like mine, and I'm brown (her forehead has too much self tanner on it, but she is not brown), I didn't know she was African American.  I assumed because she was, you know,  from Iran, and was in Iran for such a long time, and writes about how she and Barack Obama hung out for a long time, and the reason they were so tight and such friends is because they don't like the idea of American exceptionalism.  They like, you know, that every country has its own culture which respect them this and that.  Okay, that's kind of globalist way of thinking, but I'm like, I can talk to people like that.  But I don't think a state that kills gays, and, you know, stones rape victims, yeah, and people don't have drinking water, and they have no rights, women have no rights, I don't think that is like America.  America's not like that.  America is a place where I, a loudmouth old gorgeous Jewish woman comedian am allowed freedom of speech." 

"Is this the freedom of speech you wanted to use?" asks Hannity. "Well, of course I look back and go, come on, Sean, get real, I mean it cost me everything.  No, I wish I had worded it better.  But I'm not gonna let them tell me what I meant, and that's what makes me so mad, because I know myself, and I will speak for myself, and I won't have any people who don't share my culture tell me what I meant.  And you know, they called me racist on the left for a long time, ever since I said the Jewish people have a right to live in their ancestral homeland. That's racism to them, to the far left, of which I used to be one of.  But I don't want to be one of few, I want to be one of many, because I like the whole thing about America that this is where we have the melting pot and we speak to each other and we unite and we get common things such as where in the hell did our tax money go, I mean, where did it go? (hint: weekends at Mar-a-Lago!)  And how can a president just ship pallets of cash to another country without that going through Congress?" 

More rambling about Iran and Valerie Jarrett, and apologizes to Valerie while looking at the camera again.  Again mention that the tweet was meant to be political and not racist.  "Plus I'd tell her she's gotta get a new haircut, I mean seriously.  She needs a new haircut."  "People say that about me all the time, so I imagine you'd say that about me" says Hannity. "Yeah, I would, a little bit, yeah, I think your part needs to go over more towards the side, the part seems like it's in the middle too much."

She blames the 2:30 A.M. tweet on Ambien and two beers.  She doesn't "suffer" from multiple personality disorder (that she revealed during an interview with Larry King), rather, she "enjoys" it (she said the different personalities are "fully integrated" and this happened at Stanford University about 12 years ago).  She also denies that her father sexually abused her, something she claimed in the past.  She's been hospitalized for psychiatric issues "a lot, several times."  Her voice got a little quivery when she talked about being misunderstood, and sang the refrain from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHjKzr6tLz0.  She only grabbed her crotch and spit on the ground after singing the national anthem because the pitcher told her to do those things, and she did it to make him laugh, and she now knows never to get comedy advice from a pitcher.  She's not a racist, and neither is Trump.

"P.C." (political correctness) is sickening," Hannity claims.  "It is.  It's not American," she claims.  "I live in a real neighborhood, I don't live behind gates with bodyguards.  I live in a real neighborhood of working people.  I chose to do that." (she really lives on a 46 acre estate in Hawaii https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/roseanne-barrs-house-2/view/google/

"If you think, if people think, I'll say it to them, if you really think that at the height of my power and my fame, I would go 'black people look like', I mean, it's just, I wouldn't, I mean I'm not stupid, and uh, that's what they keep selling. And now they don't even, after they misquoted the tweet for weeks, now they don't even include it and they just go 'Roseanne's racist tweet'.  And they just keep shoving it down everyone's throat.  I love all people. I love everybody, I include everybody in my circle, I put my money where my mouth is because I'm not a racist, and uh, I decided that this was gonna move me to do my own interviews on my own Youtube channel, and on there I'm doing serious subjects and talking to interesting people who I don't 100% agree with but we find common ground and I think that's what America needs and that's what I was trying to do on my show."

Hannity then suggests Roseanne start a discussion tour, and invite Valerie Jarrett to come along.  Roseanne thinks this could be a teachable moment.  She said she likes Trump because he's a "solution person."  "We have a lot of, the country has gotten dramatically better, I actually said on the air I think if he cured cancer, at this point, and gave every American 30 million dollars, they'd be, they'd still hate him," Hannity said.

interesting commercials: Last Man Standing (will be revived on the regular Fox channel this fall), the Tax March commercial with the accountant talking about 83% of the tax cuts benefiting the richest 1%, and Fox Nation

https://deadline.com/2018/02/fox-news-standalone-streaming-service-fox-nation-1202295682/

The Fox News Channel is expanding its reach in the news world with Fox Nation, a stand-alone subscription service that will be available to those without a cable package. The service is slated to launch at the end of the year and will be on brand with Fox News commentary. Fox Nation will also include original shows and appearances from Fox News mainstays like Sean Hannity.

Fox News made the news official today, though it didn’t offer guidance on a price point. Fox Nation will be housed at Fox News’ New York headquarters.

“With our traditional cable viewership at an all-time high, we are proud to announce a new digital offering geared entirely toward the Fox News superfans, who represent the most loyal audience in cable, if not all of television,” said John Finley, Fox News’ SVP Development and Production, in a press release today after the New York Timesfirst revealed details of the OTT service Sunday night. “This initiative will capitalize on providing that viewer, who is among the most affluent and well educated in cable, with a highly specialized content experience on a platform they can watch anytime, anywhere.”

"This initiative will capitalize on providing that viewer, who is among the most affluent and well educated in cable" but are "those without a cable package."

• Thank You 10
  • Love 1

Thank you for the recap. I’m sorry you were feeling lousy. I don’t get Fox News where I live so I really appreciate your willingness to keep us updated.

Roseann sounds like her grasp of reality is as tenuous as trumps. Both of them blither on , lie  and repeat themselves .

• I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Roseanne is not a racist, she's

a) scared of brown people

b ) a victim of antisemitism

c) sick because people hate Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/roseanne-barr-i-was-‘terrified’-living-on-an-‘island-full-of-brown-people’-after-racist-tweet/ar-BBL9pfv?ocid=st

So which is it? Hollywood is run by Jews or blacklistes people because they are Jewish.  And please don’t give me the ‘privilege’ shit. She is the epitome of privilege. All those years with her own show didn’t leave her destitute. It is like Tump squawking about the elite. He IS the elite, I don’t understand how people fell for that. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

"If you think, if people think, I'll say it to them, if you really think that at the height of my power and my fame, I would go 'black people look like', I mean, it's just, I wouldn't, I mean I'm not stupid, and uh, that's what they keep selling."

She means it's stupid to say it because she would have personal consequences, but she really thinks that way. Not because it's rude and racist and demeaning to black people, but because it would hurt her. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

If Roseanne was quiet for six months or so, and then gave an interview to a more neutral source where she sincerely apologized and took responsibility for her actions, she'd probably win some of her fans back and start getting work offers again.

Playing the victim on Fox News just further inflames the situation.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Roseanne is not a racist, she's

a) scared of brown people

b ) a victim of antisemitism

c) sick because people hate Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/roseanne-barr-i-was-‘terrified’-living-on-an-‘island-full-of-brown-people’-after-racist-tweet/ar-BBL9pfv?ocid=st

Why would living on an island "full of brown people" bother her when she herself claims to be brown?  Or am I thinking too much?

• Upvote 2

She really does think she is the center of the universe. I’m not been to Hawaii and interviewed every single one of the brown people but I bet you dollars to doughnuts 99.99999 percent of the population has better things to think about then a washed up bitter ass hat like Roseanne 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So The Conners aired last night.  Roseanne died of a drug overdose. 

Americans welcomed the Conner family into their living rooms once again on Tuesday night, but this time there was one member of the clan missing, matriarch Roseanne.

While it’s no secret that Roseanne Barr wouldn’t be returning to the “Roseanne” spinoff, fans have been guessing how the creators of “The Conners” would kill off her character.

Well, they need no longer ponder, because the spinoff’s first episode confirmed Barr’s earlier prediction: Her character died of an opioid overdose.

Fans were quick to call out the sitcom for throwing shade at the decision, pointing out that Barr had previously blamed insomnia drug Ambien for the racist tweets, including one about former Obama administration official Valerie Jarrett, that got her fired.

Of course there's plenty of Branch Trumpvidian butt hurt going on about this.

I'm kind of surprised the local coffee shop/bar I hang out at didn't have it on last night.  They had a show on their TV with Pants Shit Fever Nugent on last night and mocking him ruthlessly. 

• Upvote 7

I loved the show last night.

What I really appreciated about the original show was that it showed a real family with real struggles, family dynamics, habits, etc. When the show focused on the struggles or on the family, I thought it was so, so good. I was impressed by the ways they incorporated current issues into their story lines and showed how those issues played out in people's lives. Roseanne (the character) was always hit-or-miss for me. When she was doing normal stuff women do at work and as part of their relationships, I thought she was fine. When the point of a scene was to focus attention on her, I thought it was weak.

I watched last year's reboot. I really wanted to love it because I'd loved the original show. There was a lot I liked about it--the kids as adults, their kids and their unique traits, and just being able to see what happened with characters I had liked so much years before. What I didn't like about it was Roseanne. She really didn't seem to be an integral part of the family. It's more like she was either a scene-stealer or a plot device. Several times in each episode last year, I would say to my husband that I wished Roseanne would just shut up so we could get back to the real story.

When I watched last night, I saw the elements I loved about both the original show and the reboot--but without the character I never really liked. I appreciated that they brought the opioid crisis front and center. Last year I was glad to see that brought in as a real issue. The show writers did a good job of working with the issue in a way that reflects many people's experiences.

I expect it to be canceled because of all the backlash from Trump supporters who were upset that the show was canceled in the first place--but I thought they did a great job.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I just watched it - ABC has it on their streaming service.

https://abc.go.com/shows/the-conners

Who else immediately thought of one Walter Sobchak when Dan said, “Seen a little too much action in Nam, Joey?”

7 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

She seems to be handling it well.

Nah but your career is, lady (and I use that term loosely).

You brought this all on yourself.  Lemme guess Rosie, you wanted to go out in a blaze of glory taking a dozen ISIS terrorists with you.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1