IGNORED

Roseanne reboot cancelled after racist twitter rant

47of74

ABC actually stepped up to the plate for once!

ABC canceled its hit sitcom "Roseanne" on Tuesday after the show's biggest star, Roseanne Barr, went on a racist Twitter rant.

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC said. The cancellation comes just months after the show premiered to huge ratings.

Barr had earlier apologized and said she was "now leaving Twitter."

Following Barr's Twitter rant, one of the show's consulting producers, Wanda Sykes, said she's done with the show. "I will not be returning to @RoseanneOnABC," Sykes tweeted.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Impending Orange Menace meltdown in 3....2.....1.

Also more boycott threats from conservative twitter. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Just now, Destiny said:

Impending Orange Menace meltdown in 3....2.....1.

Also more boycott threats from conservative twitter. 

Yeah I'm all ready for the Adolf Twitler meltdown, along with those of his groupies....

popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

Hey @Destiny and FJ land in general is that enough popcorn or should I get more?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18

Wow, I'm actually shocked they did that. Our Orange Idiot is going to go insane. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Yeah, just saw this.  Can anyone say they didn't see an obnoxious and racist tweet coming from Roseanne Barr?  Anyone? It was just a matter of time. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I wonder if she's bucking for a job in the orange fornicate administration now?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1

I'm honestly stunned that they cancelled it since it had such good ratings. I figured the almighty dollar would win. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Yeah, just saw this.  Can anyone say they didn't see an obnoxious and racist tweet coming from Roseanne Barr?  Anyone? It was just a matter of time. 

I just read the news about the tweet. Sat down feeling total disgust and misery at the world then found this thread.  Thankyou 47of74 for posting about the cancellation of her show. We haven't watched any of the new shows because of her support for Dumpy McFuckface. She is a disgusting individual. What happened to her over the past 25 years??? Or has she always had disgusting views but just managed to keep her gob shut? Twitter is a useful tool for the arseholes of the world to show their true colours. Maybe that's a positive? I'm not sure. 

Bill Maher will have a lot to say about this.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Just had a crazy thought, what if one of the religious television stations decides to pick up her show to appease Trump? 

• Sad 2
  • WTF 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Cartmann99 said:

Just had a crazy thought, what if one of the religious television stations decides to pick up her show to appease Trump? 

If that happens then stop the planet, I want to get off!! Hopefully the writers would walk out en-masse if that happened. They will be looking for new jobs now that the show is cancelled anyway. 

Edited by Gobsmacked
Added a bit
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I just read the news about the tweet. Sat down feeling total disgust and misery at the world then found this thread.  Thankyou 47of74 for posting about the cancellation of her show. We haven't watched any of the new shows because of her support for Dumpy McFuckface. She is a disgusting individual. What happened to her over the past 25 years??? Or has she always had disgusting views but just managed to keep her gob shut? Twitter is a useful tool for the arseholes of the world to show their true colours. Maybe that's a positive? I'm not sure. 
Bill Maher will have a lot to say about this.

I think she’s always been like this. My mom did not care for her at all even back then and neither did most of my family. There was something about her that just seemed wrong to them. My brother once said if it hadn’t been for John Goodman the show would never have lasted as long as it did.

Yeah the internets are a wonderful tool for the assholes of the world from fuck face on down to expose themselves.

I see even Sara was “disappointed” in Roseanne.

• Upvote 16

Am I correct in thinking that Sara was the force behind the re-boot? I seem to remember reading that some where? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

Let's not forget, in 1990, she "sung" (screamed) the National Anthem before a San Diego Padres baseball game and then grabbed her crotch. So much for "conservative" values, although I'm not sure what she considered herself then. Hopefully, the spoiler works for all who don't want to see this. I used to go to Padres games when they were the closest Major League Baseball team to where I was living at the time and was really moved to see classes of Marines attending the game in uniform, standing at attention, and singing the Marine Corps Hymn. I know the Padres had a black eye over Roseanne's performance for quite awhile.

Spoiler

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 4

17 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Religious networks seem to have shoestring budgets and wouldn’t be able to pay the salaries of anyone used to Hollywood money. John Goodman and Sarah Gilbert certainly aren’t going to work for peanuts for Jesus and neither would Roseanne. 

Also remember that Roseanne claimed to suffer from multiple personalities and to have been a victim of recovered memories (ie fake) of sexual abuse in the 1990s. She has shown that she’ll hitch her wagon to whatever nonsense is popular at any given time, so it’s only a matter of time until she claims to be a flat earther and a chemtrail truther.

• Upvote 18

22 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Am I correct in thinking that Sara was the force behind the re-boot? I seem to remember reading that some where? 

Yes, Sara was an executive producer on the revival series.   And yeah, Roseanne pretty much fornicated all of them as ABC had renewed the series for an 11th season next year.  Way to go, Roseanne. 

15 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

John Goodman and Sarah Gilbert certainly aren’t going to work for peanuts for Jesus

What if this was the Jesus they were working for?

TheJesus.jpg.5f09172af13464f65ff958e46ff428fe.jpg

27 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Let's not forget, in 1990, she "sung" (screamed) the National Anthem before a San Diego Padres baseball game and then grabbed her crotch. So much for "conservative" values, although I'm not sure what she considered herself then. Hopefully, the spoiler works for all who don't want to see this. I used to go to Padres games when they were the closest Major League Baseball team to where I was living at the time and was really moved to see classes of Marines attending the game in uniform, standing at attention, and singing the Marine Corps Hymn. I know the Padres had a black eye over Roseanne's performance for quite awhile.

Reveal hidden contents

From what I remember back in the 90s the conservatives were crucifying Roseanne for her anthem stunt.  The same conservatives who act like she's the second coming or some fucking thing now.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Every actor who returned to the reboot knew Roseann.  No sympathy for them.  The only one who took a stand after Roseann's vomitous tweet was Wanda Sykes.  You associate with a racist POS, you get what you deserve.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm honestly stunned that they cancelled it since it had such good ratings. I figured the almighty dollar would win. 

I read that after the first episodes, the show was tanking in the ratings. If that is true then this was an easy choice for ABC/Disney to make.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

If that happens then stop the planet, I want to get off!! Hopefully the writers would walk out en-masse if that happened. They will be looking for new jobs now that the show is cancelled anyway. 

At least the head writer had already walked off.

Edited by fraurosena
fixed a tense mistake
  • Upvote 8

Emmy Kenny was also going to quit but by the time she called the show it had already been canned.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a20954693/roseanne-canceled-cast-reactions/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Wow... What a surprise!

/sarcasm

• Upvote 6

I loved the original series back in the 90s, the reboot hadn't arrived here yet but if it does I won't be watching. Her supporting Trump is one thing but to continously attack people who have differing beliefs and then racially abuse another is a different thing. She doesn't deserve the show being renewed and abc were correct to cancel the show.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• Upvote 16
  • Love 2

I'm not surprised...Roseanne seems like a nasty piece of work who can only keep a lid on it for so long.

That being said, I'm going to miss the reboot--it was very well done.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Religious networks seem to have shoestring budgets and wouldn’t be able to pay the salaries of anyone used to Hollywood money. John Goodman and Sarah Gilbert certainly aren’t going to work for peanuts for Jesus and neither would Roseanne.

I was thinking their show would have ads at the bottom of the screen advertising various products like some of the religious shows do . You know, doom buckets, water filters,  jewelry, bibles, etc....

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

Mark Hamill had a scary thought. I hate it that he could be right.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

I never watched the reboot because it never seemed plausible to me that the Roseanne Conner of the 1990's would support Trump.  She always came across as a feminist who wanted a better life for her daughters than she had.

I couldn't picture that Roseanne supporting a man who talked about grabbing women by their genitals and who made that remark about blood coming out of her whatever.  It just didn't make sense to me.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5