IGNORED

What Would Jesus Do? Get a private jet

AmazonGrace

On 5/29/2018 at 8:07 PM, Briefly said:

We watched different shows that we would tape and then watch on Saturdays when we were trying to become Fundie.  One of them was Joel Oteen. To me, he is the perfect description of Prosperity Gospel.  He didn't talk so much about everybody becoming rich if they did Christianity right, as much as things like the perfectly tailored suits he wore, the house he lived in, that sort of thing.  We didn't watch him too long, I basically told Mr. Briefly that Osteen was one of the worse ones I'd ever seen.  I know that there are a lot of Prosperity Gospel preachers out there and the Crouches were really bad.

Osteen is an ass.  I, a long time ago pre-HIPAA, met him (I was a rad tech at the time).  I asked him if he was related to Louis Osteen and he was offended and was a real ass.  Just rude and acting like I was beneath him.  Never liked him.  

I have some family who think he is just the greatest person on earth.  He's an ass!

Seen this on Good Morning Britain this morning, found it hilarious. The hosts were gobsmacked 

The most outrageous thing about it is that he says God told him he needed this jet, and not just any jet,  no. God commands that this dude needs the swankiest, most expensive jet 

On 5/29/2018 at 6:54 PM, Lisafer said:

"Airport demons" is killing me. Are there "railroad demons" and "cruise ship demons" as well, I wonder?

As someone who spent 10 years in Houston and 2 in San Antonio, I can personally attest that "freeway demons" truly exist. Therefore, the Lord has laid it on my heart that I need a jetpack. If you are a true believer in Jeebus and want to bless others, I pray that you will be convicted to donate to my Jetpack Fund. After all, you can't "conveniently pray" on a Texas major- city freeway-- in fact, you find yourself cursing-- and they really do "agitate your spirits!"

59 minutes ago, PopRox said:

As someone who spent 10 years in Houston and 2 in San Antonio, I can personally attest that "freeway demons" truly exist. Therefore, the Lord has laid it on my heart that I need a jetpack. If you are a true believer in Jeebus and want to bless others, I pray that you will be convicted to donate to my Jetpack Fund. After all, you can't "conveniently pray" on a Texas major- city freeway-- in fact, you find yourself cursing-- and they really do "agitate your spirits!"

Having grown up in San Antonio and learned to drive there, I think you may be right!  Also, they have moved to Tulsa and I have had to deal with them every time I've been in the car today.  I think instead of a jetpack, I want a portable helicopter or a hovercraft.

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Getting called out in USA Today

Oops - I thought I was in the Politics forum and this was an article on Scott Pruitt!  I don't get how people fall for these con artists, but we see it time and again. 

Highway demons have migrated on up to north Texas too.  Currently dealing with a no driver’s license, no insurance while speeding demon... although the church of the mighty insurance company has been helpful so far, praise be.

He framed the pictures of his jets? Who falls for these con men preachers?

On 5/29/2018 at 6:54 PM, Lisafer said:

"Airport demons" is killing me. Are there "railroad demons" and "cruise ship demons" as well, I wonder?

Airport Demons would be an awesome name for a band.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:21 PM, Palimpsest said:

Jan Crouch and her dollies for Jesus were one of my SMH until it falls off moments.

I was mesmerized by those pink and lavender wigs she liked to wear. 

23 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Airport Demons would be an awesome name for a band.

Jesse and the Airport Demons...

Highway demons have migrated on up to north Texas too.  Currently dealing with a no driver’s license, no insurance while speeding demon... although the church of the mighty insurance company has been helpful so far, praise be.

Yeah I had a no insurance demon too. I got them to pay me my deductible back.

On 5/30/2018 at 11:53 PM, CelticGoddess said:

Osteen is an ass.  I, a long time ago pre-HIPAA, met him (I was a rad tech at the time).  I asked him if he was related to Louis Osteen and he was offended and was a real ass.  Just rude and acting like I was beneath him.  Never liked him.  

I have some family who think he is just the greatest person on earth.  He's an ass!

Who's Louis Osteen?    I know someone who knows someone that worked at an airport and said he was a total jerk and so was his wife.  I believe it.  Anyone who talks with their eyes closed half of the damn time is an asshole IME.  

Oh Lord, this shit is in Destrehan?

Not surprising.

Archived