IGNORED

How Evangelical Are You?

Coconut Flan

Missed a few. Shocked to be a genius. My grandma made go to church when I was a kid. Didn't listen or understand back then. Learned more later in life.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Score: 87%

Evangelical Christian Genius!.

Struggled with some of the song lyrics since I don't live in an english speaking country and therefore we sing hymns in german.

90% the first time, though I was raised Ebil Catholic and am UU now. I guessed correctly on a lot of the hymns, relying on the scansion.

17 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

book a couple of pictures of GA coronations from our childhood.  In one of them, my sister was crowned Queen.  I never got that far -too much memorization!  Not just verses either, but SB missionaries and where they were assigned.  Even as a kid, I always thought it was fucking weird that the Southern Baptist Church sent missionaries to countries where most of the people were Catholic.

Because there are still a lot of people in Protestant churches that don't consider the Catholic church to be Christian. I would not be surprised if the SBC church is at the top of that list. I remember a cousin marrying a man who was Catholic and overhearing a lot of older relatives disapproval of the groom's family's Catholicism. I'm pretty sure it was an SBC service, but I was a kid so I don't really remember for sure.

15 hours ago, CherylV said:

Your Score: 100% 

Evangelical Christian Genius!

You definitely grew up evangelical Go celebrate! Just don't do anything TOO much fun, or else it's sin!

I  know way too many obscure hymns! I grew up without anything secular at all and then stuck around some through having my kids so got them some early veggie tales.  

I don't think I ever realized that Veggie Tales could be considered as evangelical!  My daughter loved them when she was little, even though she was in a private Christian school, it never occurred to me.  Her thing was more to name the vegetables when we went to the grocery store, then she got a lot of jokes out of cutting them up when we were cooking.  Which is not as twisted as it probably sounds!

98%. Am I a fundigelical genius if the one I missed was the DC Talk song? That was during our deep fundie period and even Christian rap was a no-go.

Off to take the test...suspect I'll get less than 50%! No church or theological study for me since I was 8!

11 minutes ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

Off to take the test...suspect I'll get less than 50%! No church or theological study for me since I was 8!

Well...got 73%. Guessed on a lot, used logic for others.

I got 99% and most of them I knew without even thinking about it, and on a lot of them I could have told you the bonus facts :P

I got the longest book one wrong because I overthought it and Genesis is longer than Psalms in the Hebrew.  I should have gone with the easy answer of "Psalms has more chapter".  Oh well.

I cheated on two of the song lyrics though.  There's a hundred other evangelical songs I could have gotten right ;)

Okay now I need to go do something that's not too fun.  Or read fanfiction.

Archived