IGNORED

How Evangelical Are You?

Coconut Flan

91%, but I read one question wrong (I thought they were asking what book was NOT in the apocrypha).  Raised very high church Episcopal, currently Buddhist atheist.  Most of the questions pertained to ANY Christian sect; the song ones, I just guessed at which line seemed logical.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Why include questions about Jewish feast or the apocrypha?

Because you have to be able to identify the ebil?

93%, and I grew up Catholic. I got the Jars of Clay question correct, because I do like some of their music, but I blew it on the shortest book of the Bible I'm ashamed to say.

76%. I’m European, so only got a couple of US-centric questions right thanks to FJ. But I was genuinely shocked how much crap i remembered thanks to the evil nuns that raised me.

1 hour ago, Anonymousguest said:

89% and I just spent the last 2 decades in Evangelical churches.  We didn't sing hymns. And I have never listened to contemporary Christian music. I guess music isn't my thing, lol. 

Why include questions about Jewish feast or the apocrypha?

I don't know about the Apocrypha, but the Passover question was one I think most Evangelicals would know. The story behind Passover is taught often, and I also remember hearing a lot about the significance of Jesus's death and resurrection occurring about the same time as Passover.

86%. Apparently I was definitely raised Evangelical- which will be a bit of a shock to my devoutly Catholic mother who was fairly sure she was raising me RC.

100%. Dingdabbitynabit.

"You can take the girl out of church but..."

Disclosure: said quiz was taken whilst sitting in my son's almost-mega church this morning. [It's a brand that's been discussed on FJ but this particular church "branch" leaders are good people with nary a hint of scandal. Although today's sermon topic opened worm cans and shot up MY eyebrows. But I digress.]

Anyway... for those who felt a disturbance in the force this morning, 'twas I who caused it.

Carry on!

84%. Not ready to graduate from FJU, but not too bad for someone whose lifelong exposure to church is 95% from attending other people's weddings. Plus I probably missed a couple due to playing Hogwarts Mystery simultaneously...

I got about 3/4 of the way through and quit because it was so slow.  I got most of them right, I think I had 3 I missed and one of those was an accident. I knew the answer but accidentally hit the wrong one.  I think I probably would have done well if I'd gone all the way to the end.  I'm not sure if I should be scared or not!  (Or maybe it's because I love details and learning about things.)

86%!  Considering that I was raised as a barely practicing secular Jew, and turned into an agnostic adult, I think I did quite well.

83% guessed at song lyrics and some other things. Raised RC so a lot of this was known from there. Too long though. Veghie Tales brought back memories of my niece replaying the Cucumber Song over and over and over again.

93%  it was the song lyrcis I didn't get right.  Anglican, here. 

@Anonymousguest - proabably to smoke out the Roman Catholics and Anglicans who know about these things.

I missed two song related ones so probably their purpose.

I got Evangelical Genius , but I can't recall my raw score.  Like @Briefly,  I hit the wrong answer by mistake a couple of times. I was rushing through that damn test.  Some of the song lyrics of old hymns I could figure out by knowing the hymn or likely hymn that the incorrect lyric went with.  

Just last week, my sister posted on her Facebook a couple of pictures of GA coronations from our childhood.  In one of them, my sister was crowned Queen.  I never got that far -too much memorization!  Not just verses either, but SB missionaries and where they were assigned.  Even as a kid, I always thought it was fucking weird that the Southern Baptist Church sent missionaries to countries where most of the people were Catholic.

(I also think I was losing whatever interest I ever had in the church.)

Your Score: 94% 

Evangelical Christian Genius!

You definitely grew up evangelical Go celebrate! Just don't do anything TOO much fun, or else it's sin!

Pretty good for a cradle Lutheran....who belongs to an Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. 

Via my limited knowledge, elimination, logical guesses, and random guesses I got 77%.

79%,  I got most of the pop-culture questions right, thanks to the Academia of FreeJinger and I knew most of the OT stuff. I should probably re-read the NT, though just to learn how many books it has. :doh:

I'm totally calling NIV "Nearly Identical Version" now. 

I scored 90%. I got a mix of questions wrong, but I do remember the John III question being one of them (there was a John III?). Not too bad, I guess, for someone raised Lutheran who once was baptized Southern Baptist (but went back to Lutheranism), spent 3 years in a Catholic school, and now identifies as a nondenominational Protestant with a dab of evangelicalism and a smaller dab of fundamentalism mixed in.

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

94%.  It was the song lyrics and Amy Grant that got me.  Although I got the Veggie Tales one right by a process of elimination.

Veggie Tales was HUGE in those circles in the 90s. I still sing where is my hairbrush at least once a week. 

I don't understand why the hymns though. Evangelicals aren't usually the hymnal types, in my experience. Questions about all the verses of Awesome God would have made way more sense.

I got 100%. 

I got bored and stopped after question 30 but I'd only gotten one wrong at that point. Vaguely Catholic with fundie cult relatives (though not evangelical fundie. Mine would get the vapours at the idea of being linked with people who were that worldly).

Your Score: 100% 

Evangelical Christian Genius!

You definitely grew up evangelical Go celebrate! Just don't do anything TOO much fun, or else it's sin!

I  know way too many obscure hymns! I grew up without anything secular at all and then stuck around some through having my kids so got them some early veggie tales.  

That was a lot of questions. I usually quit any online quiz that has more than 20 questions! :pb_lol: I got 94%. I grew up in a mainstream Presbyterian church (United Presbyterian, then Presbyterian Church USA), attended a tiny charismatic church, then a non-denominational evangelical one (associated with Village Missions).

The thing is, I learned most or all of the Bible questions from just reading as a kid and teenager, I guessed at many of the hymn lyrics (we hardly ever seemed to repeat hymns in my PCUSA, so I never memorized any lines), and I watched Veggie Tales and listened to Christian music because different family members got me into them, not because of my church. Oh, and for several questions, I knew the answer because of FJ! So, I guess I prove (like many of y'all), that there's more than one way to learn about things. 

I got Evangelical Genius, 94%.
I was not raised religious at all. I have read the bible, and I have read a lot about religion, and a lot of questions were just simple elimination. (Never heard of veggie tales, but I know who Bert and Ernie are. If this question would have had four options it would have been much more difficult for me to guess the right answer). And for the song questions I just went with the options that most refrenced the blood of Christ, because I know most evangelicals love that.

Archived