• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Destiny

Send help. I have a problem. I can't stop planting stuff!

Depressed
Destiny

I have a sickness you guys. I have 4 pepper plants, what's going to end up 3 pots of peas, a watermelon, zucchini, eggplant, 2 lavender (maybe. They haven't sprouted yet), spinach (maybe. Also hasn't sprouted yet), 2 basil, and 2 tomato plants. I picked up four more pots today, and I'm going to transplant some of my peas into other pots instead of just thinning. I also got some crookneck squash I'm gonna plant. 

My questions are these:

1. Is there a 12 step program? I can't stop planting!
  2. Lord Google tells me I can plant green beans and peas together and they play nicely. Has anyone done this? How did it work out? I'm planning for 5 gallon pots and I have supports that are almost as tall as I am.
  3. Lord Google tells me that I can plant salad greens in some of these pots to help keep weeds down. Has anyone tried this? Any suggestions on what of these options would lend itself to this idea, if so?

Right now, the whole kit and caboodle is in my office on the floor because it fucking froze AGAIN last night. IT'S MEMORIAL WEEKEND FFS!

Depressed
Destiny

Update: my spinach sprouted overnight!

DaisyD

I haven't tried any of those things, but they make sense. Salad greens don't develop huge root balls, so they'd probably be fine with other plants.