IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 59: Still Dull in Dillsville

Jellybean

Imaginary conversation:

Church Program:  We don't think you're a good fit for the ministry.  Have you considered any other career choices?

Derick:  I'm going to sue!

Church Program:  There you go.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My uncle was drafted and sent to Korea. Married my aunt a week before he shipped out.  After he returned he worked during the day at Prudential in Newark and went to college at night.  Then he went on to night law school.  All this was possible because he had the GI Bill and my aunt worked.  They lived very spare lives for about ten years.  I doubt Jill could hold down the fort and deal with day-to-day issues to free Derrick up for classes and study.

Lets take a look at Young Dillard, shall we?

inability to get along with others, particularly those with differing opinions, interests etc......

inability to consider opposing points of view....

inability to follow through or complete tasks, particularly those considered unpleasant ....

Forget law school or a legal career, this guy won't be able to hack it in any job.

So if DD plans on going to law school, how will he support his family??? How does his plan dovetail with JB and M's purported philosophy of "leave and cleave" and women not working outside the home???

Message to the Duggars and Associates: ITRW, SOMEONE in the family needs to work to support the family, particularly in families that do not believe in birth control. So if DD is off on missions or in law school and JD does not have a paying job, are the Dillards on some sort of assistance? Please explain.

41 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It hasn’t been confirmed at this point. There’s evidence to suggest he’s planning to go to Law School, but no announcement has been made and it’s still just speculation right now.

Are we also speculating he's finished with Cross Church too?  Did he bail that or get dismissed from the program?

45 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Are we also speculating he's finished with Cross Church too?  Did he bail that or get dismissed from the program?

I haven’t seen anything to indicate he’s left or been kicked out. I may have missed something though, so maybe someone else can confirm this?

22 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I haven’t seen anything to indicate he’s left or been kicked out. I may have missed something though, so maybe someone else can confirm this?

I thought it was speculated something may have happened because of going private.  I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't fall back asleep and read a bunch of FJ.  I could've dreamt that for all I know when I did get back to sleep!  Um, nevermind and thanks.  Lol :D

Still speculation as far as I know.

Really can't imagine Jilly Muffin handling DWreck spending many hours at school and studying.  It would also cost money.  I think it's unlikely.

Someone commented on Dericks CNN retweet to say he can use that as an excuse bot to get a job hahaha

Here is something interesting.  Derick lists his School of Ministry position as a job rather then under education on his LinkedIn. Oh, Derick, Derick, Derick if you PAY them it's not a job.

But I digress... 

Cross church charges $10,000 (or $12,000 with housing) for the program Derick is doing.

In the Cross Church bulletin today they introduced their 19 summer interns, who are paid $300 per week PLUS are provided with housing. 

The internships are offered in preference to those with one year of college. Derick has two years S.O.S experience, a college degree, studied at a online bible school and spent another two years in Nepal!!! 

Okay, Derick here's some SODRT math 

- $10,000  not a job

+ $300/week  a job

The more I think about it, this school of ministry was just him floundering aimlessly and a terrible idea from the get go.

Sources

http://crosschurch.com/intern/

http://crosschurch.com/am-site/media/fayetteville-bulletin.pdf

4 hours ago, Beermeet said:

It is a one year program, so I think the assumption is that he finished.

16 minutes ago, Bethella said:

It is a one year program, so I think the assumption is that he finished.

Has it been a year already?!  The years fly by and they grow up so fast.  *tear*

:NAWAK:

3 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Has it been a year already?!  The years fly by and they grow up so fast.  *tear*

:NAWAK:

He seems to have started in late August/early September 2017.

Actually his graduation from his job is set for July 29th.

http://www.crosschurchschool.com/about/calendar/

However, it seemed like he was working mostly with the college C3 program and they had their "last" service May 3rd for the school year.  They have some kind of C3 summer thing but at least on instagram it appears less formal like a big party with a little Jesus mixed in for those doing summer semester.  

Since he already finished his 3 family vacations, oops I mean mission trips ....I think its basically  over now.

ETA: And with the amount of Nike swimwear involved thus far in the summer program, I imagine Jill will kibosh what's left. 

8 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Likely scenarios:

1. He bailed because they expected him to do actual work and he's far too important and good to do that, plus he just found a newer, shinier thing to do. 

2. They pressured him to leave because even though they're likely a bunch of homophobic, transphobic dickbags, they know how to gussy that shit up in glossy Instagram photos and co-opting Mean Girls quotes. He doesn't fit the brand. 

3. He packed up his toys and left the sandbox because they expected him to fall in line with the brand, or at least pretend to be nice to gay people. 

Folks, let’s be real here. Dereck quit Spanish lessons after a few weeks because they were “too hard”. 

Hes not going to law school. He’s just not. 

1 hour ago, SuchABlessing said:

Folks, let’s be real here. Dereck quit Spanish lessons after a few weeks because they were “too hard”. 

Hes not going to law school. He’s just not. 

I really think OfJill is just a male Raquel. 

12 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I thought it was speculated something may have happened because of going private.  I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't fall back asleep and read a bunch of FJ.  I could've dreamt that for all I know when I did get back to sleep!  Um, nevermind and thanks.  Lol :D

Hahaha you sound like me!!!!

I'm Twitter-ignorant so:  what does it mean that he's made his Twitter "private" instead of public? I can still see his tweets; does one have to follow an account in order to see tweets if they're private?

I just don't understand how not working for others, or in a professional capacity outside an individual family's fiefdom is considered more Godly by the Gothard Gang. Why? Everyone needs money to survive, particularly if one is procreating an Army for Jesus. Why are the doctors who saved Josie, or the crew who helped to make JB his millions via 14,15,16,17, 18 or 19 kids and counting less Godly than Dillard who does not work for a living?

Why go to law school if you have no intention of actually working for a living?  I mean I know the profession [in the US] is oversaturated, but I doubt DD knows or even cares about such.

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm Twitter-ignorant so:  what does it mean that he's made his Twitter "private" instead of public? I can still see his tweets; does one have to follow an account in order to see tweets if they're private?

That is exactly how it works. If you were already following him on Twitter, you can still see his posts unless he manually blocks you. However, all the rest of us who weren't following him can no longer see what he posts.

Basically, it's kind of a stupid move to make as a famous (or infamous?) person with hundreds of thousands of followers. It's not like what you post to an audience of THAT many people will actually remain private.

That said, for FJ purposes, it means that no screenshots of his posts can be posted. You people "in the know" can, however, paraphrase what he says to keep the rest of us in the loop. :)

Today, Derick is retweeting various Republican statements about Memorial Day. He asks us to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and to look forward to the day Revelations 21 comes to pass.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180528-111857.png.ea00a5eed3cbe34d0bc8e7591cf4b718.pngScreenshot_20180528-111919.png.6d28a6643f7c15425431ec6dd67beac3.pngScreenshot_20180528-111927.png.c2091ca2b757dfa812703808be0eb2aa.pngScreenshot_20180528-111936.png.f3d32c88f0668f326a69c419bf12d659.pngScreenshot_20180528-111941.png.40e3b480ae5f2a8aabdca333182f82cc.png

Screenshot_20180528-111945.png.99c4a5f3f8a7493bc021effc47bfae02.png

42 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

Today, Derick is retweeting various Republican statements about Memorial Day. He asks us to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and to look forward to the day Revelations 21 comes to pass.

There we go!  OfJill can join the Military, preach to the Troops AND be overseas to save the heathens.  Oh wait, I don't think fundies join the Military, they just spout off about it.  Can't fight to defend the Country.  Asshats

5 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

There we go!  OfJill can join the Military, preach to the Troops AND be overseas to save the heathens.  Oh wait, I don't think fundies join the Military, they just spout off about it.  Can't fight to defend the Country.  Asshats

A drill serjeant would end up murdering him before he could even ship out. 

I'm a lawyer and I know tons of people who went to law school because they didn't know what else they wanted to do, it sounded like a good idea, etc. I can also say that the vast majority of lawyers I know would not go to law school if they had the opportunity to re-do past choices.

If this is his plan, it seems like a terrible idea. He doesn't seem like the type who will ever actually practice law. 

Interesting...

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived