IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

Does Lori ever talk about anything in the New Testament? She goes on and on and on about submission and modesty, and sex, and babies. But has she ever acknowledged Jesus? Jesus said to sell everything and give to the poor. He says to give when asked. He is literally the embodiment of unconditional love. He preached against pharasees and money exchanges in the temple. Lori is a pharasees with her legalism and obsession with OT rules.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only items of clothing I have that I’ve only worn a few times are dressy dresses. I have a lot more clothes than maybe I should but I don’t have to do laundry as often and I do wear most of it weekly/monthly. 

I have a decent variety in my closet but that’s because I’ve picked up some extra weight (that I’m working to lose). We also have strange weather here- we have all four seasons but a couple of years ago we had to turn the AC on the week of Christmas (this year it was in the 30’s I think)- we’ve had warm weather in January where trees and flowers began to bloom. We’ve been on the beach in shorts in early April but the past couple of years it’s been cold still. So most of my clothes can be used for at least three seasons, sometimes 4 and they tend to be basics that I can either layer or add pops of color so I have some variety. 

I wear things until they fall apart and can’t be salvaged. The handful of things in my closet that I wear less frequently are more special occasion type dresses- not formal, but certainly not something that can be dressed down. 

I don’t know where she gets the wearing 7 times from. Most people I know don’t have expansive closets and tend to also wear things until they wear out. 

Part of me thinks she likes to sit back and watch the fangirls fall all over themselves trying to prove how poor and submissive they are. I think she gets some sick satisfaction from it. 

I know this isn't about clothes, but...I'ma gonna just say don't let Lori read this article I've linked here because she doesn't need any more of an excuse to try to feed anyone week-old salad.  It's from msn.com.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/quickandeasy/25-salads-you-can-prep-on-sunday-and-eat-all-week-long/ss-AAxNa8s?li=BBnb7Kz

46 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Does Lori ever talk about anything in the New Testament? She goes on and on and on about submission and modesty, and sex, and babies. But has she ever acknowledged Jesus? Jesus said to sell everything and give to the poor. He says to give when asked. He is literally the embodiment of unconditional love. He preached against pharasees and money exchanges in the temple. Lori is a pharasees with her legalism and obsession with OT rules.

Why would Lori 'Do as I say, not as I do' Alexander want to be spreading messages of love when she could be monitoring her chat room, snooping in her neighbours' closets, and weighing her poop instead?

(in all seriousness it's probably because Lori is a follower of Paul and not of Jesus)

I'm late to the party again but astral projection? (a quote from someone regarding Beth Moore). I can do that. I discovered it accidentally. It's quite cool. I'm not a Hindu. I'm a Christian. I had no idea this was a bad thing. Is this not something most people can do? I'm assuming that what I do is in fact astral projection. I actually don't know what it is, but it sounds right.

I can float above my body and look down on it. I've never tried going anywhere.

Mr. Briefly asked what I was reading.  I told him about this thread.  He thinks it's funny that we've gone from Lori to firemen's posteriors.

On 6/9/2018 at 10:40 AM, Hisey said:

So it's only the preteen and teenage crotches that are pissing Jason off, and causing him to shut his pure, virginal eyes. Interesting. So he'd be OK in a roomful of yoga-pants clad ladies in their 30s, 40s and 50s?

How about fit late 60's? (Asking for a friend) Although I my friend doesn't usually wear yoga pants to restaurants a leggings look best with a tunic top anyway.

17 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

Wow, I live in a heavily Muslim area and have never seen children in hajib.  Here I am actually seeing the opposite, more groups of teen and young adult girls some with hajib some without (all with western clothes, only the older married women wear the long tunics in my neighborhood) and even families where it is mixed.

It depends on which path of Islam they follow (there are almost as many paths in Islam as there are sects in the Baptist church), or which country they are from or some combination of the two. Ismaeli Muslim women don't cover their heads or, rather, it's optional. In the large Somali community where I live I see little girls, as young as 5 or 6 wearing not just a head scarf but an abaya. However in other Somali communities, only adult women cover themselves.

I just saw "RBG" the documentary about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  Lori should go see it.

RBG met her husband in college, married and had a baby while the both of them were at Harvard Law School.  Then, her husband got cancer in his third year of law school.  SHE (emphasis added Lori) organized his classmates to take notes for him which she typed at night after doing her own studying, fixing dinner and putting the baby to bed (the sitter left at 4).  She was in the top 25 academically so she made the Law Review.  After husband graduated and got a job in NYC, she finished her last year of law school at Columbia.

Her husband supported her career by being the cook and the come-home-early-parent while the kids were growing up.  They remained happily married until he passed in 2010 and as far as I know, he was never defrauded by women's attire.  

51 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Mr. Briefly asked what I was reading.  I told him about this thread.  He thinks it's funny that we've gone from Lori to firemen's posteriors.

It’s absolutely not a requirement  but I would love an SO that I can talk about some of fj with.

What's this shit with wearing something "only 7 times"? I have 22 year old concert t-shirts that get worn often (The Eagles Hell Freezes over tour, Styx, REO Speedwagon). Right now I'm wearing a 14 year old Styx/Peter Frampton concert shirt...it was the first concert I took #2 son to. Hell, my CAR is 14 years old! 

That bitch got screws loose...REAL loose, like somebody get the fucking screwdriver and loctite and get to it before the damn things fall the fuck out. 

Oh...about that bullshit of battleship vs. cruise ship? Another utter crock of shit. This woman is NOT a Christian in any way, shape or form. 

59 minutes ago, KDA said:

I'm late to the party again but astral projection? (a quote from someone regarding Beth Moore). I can do that. I discovered it accidentally. It's quite cool. I'm not a Hindu. I'm a Christian. I had no idea this was a bad thing. Is this not something most people can do? I'm assuming that what I do is in fact astral projection. I actually don't know what it is, but it sounds right.

I can float above my body and look down on it. I've never tried going anywhere.

I remember a substitute teacher reading a book about astral projection when I was in 6th grade.  I also don't get the objection to contemplative prayer.  It's been practiced in the Church for millennia.  OK, maybe for the most part in the Orthodox and Catholic churches, but it's esteemed in those churches. Now it's filtering down to the Protestant churches.  What could be so wrong about wanting to be in the presence of God always?  That's contemplative prayer in a nutshell.

20 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I just saw "RBG" the documentary about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  Lori should go see it.

RBG met her husband in college, married and had a baby while the both of them were at Harvard Law School.  Then, her husband got cancer in his third year of law school.  SHE (emphasis added Lori) organized his classmates to take notes for him which she typed at night after doing her own studying, fixing dinner and putting the baby to bed (the sitter left at 4).  She was in the top 25 academically so she made the Law Review.  After husband graduated and got a job in NYC, she finished her last year of law school at Columbia.

Her husband supported her career by being the cook and the come-home-early-parent while the kids were growing up.  They remained happily married until he passed in 2010 and as far as I know, he was never defrauded by women's attire.  

Lazy Lori wouldn’t care. Because SHE knows that, although women can do a lot, it’s so much easier to ask someone else to do it (I’m sure Koala could provide her exact quote from (I’m guessing) February 2017). Because Lazy Lori is LAZY!!!!

I’ve said many times that, if the Bible insisted that women work hard to provide for their families, Lori would be the world’s best atheist. Her whole act is an excuse; she’s also bossy, mean spirited, unloving, controlling and physically and emotionally abusive...but only because the Bible tells her to be. 

Oh, and I probably wear nearly all my summer clothes only seven times...each month. The same with my winter clothes. But that doesn’t make me righteous or Biblical. It simply means I’m a miminalist  I also have to do laundry at least twice a week  

I have just two coats, one for snow and one for rain. And four fleeces/ sweatshirts. My favorite is the one I got when my college alma mater last won a National Championship. Unfortunately, that was 21 years ago and it’s getting pretty rotty...but I am a fan and it is still worn and gently washed. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

I remember a substitute teacher reading a book about astral projection when I was in 6th grade.  I also don't get the objection to contemplative prayer.  It's been practiced in the Church for millennia.  OK, maybe for the most part in the Orthodox and Catholic churches, but it's esteemed in those churches. Now it's filtering down to the Protestant churches.  What could be so wrong about wanting to be in the presence of God always?  That's contemplative prayer in a nutshell.

Thank you for the discussion of contemplative prayer. Lindy’s comment caused me to do a quick search and I found brief articles in support (from more conservative sites like Piper’s and focus on the family). I don’t understand the problem- aren’t we supposed to meditate on the word?

As far as the lack of sermons about biblical roles, modesty, submission, lather, rinse, repeat- do people not want to dig deeper? Don’t most people need encouragement in every day life instead of sermons that support congregants in pointing fingers at others? 

Our sermon today was on Romans 12:1-2 and the introductory point was that if I don’t like the product in my life, I need to examine my patterns of behavior as well as my priorities, as those produce my patterns, and that our focus needs to be on Jesus, not doing what we feel like and not looking for affirmation from the world. Obviously there was more but these were some of the main points- and I think relatable to a lot of people- with a call to action that isn’t cumbersome or legalistic. 

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

What's this shit with wearing something "only 7 times"? I have 22 year old concert t-shirts that get worn often (The Eagles Hell Freezes over tour, Styx, REO Speedwagon). Right now I'm wearing a 14 year old Styx/Peter Frampton concert shirt...it was the first concert I took #2 son to. Hell, my CAR is 14 years old! 

But, but, but... I have 24 year old jacket, and my car is 18 years old. 

Sorry, couldn't resist the Lori fangirl one-up comment.

14 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

But, but, but... I have 24 year old jacket, and my car is 18 years old. 

Sorry, couldn't resist the Lori fangirl one-up comment.

We have a NINETEEN year old truck!!! 

(couldn't resist either)

I have a couple pieces I've worn only two times but they're thrifted and then go back to the thrift store. It's one of those I thought I'd like it but didn't. I have a decent sized wardrobe and have a lot to go through but a large portion is thrifted or bought after careful consideration. And I mostly buy solids to make them wearable with a lot of stuff. Also plus sized shopping can be difficult so actually clothes shopping is few and far between. I turn my fancier dress more casual by tying a chambray button up over them. It looks like a cute skirt and shirt combo. 

I just bought an adorable Jurassic Park shirt from H&M because it's my favorite movie. What a sinner I am. 

Edit: I've never met anyone who just throws away clothes. Does anyone actually do this? Everyone I know takes it to thrift stores. 

I own ONE article of clothing that has not been worn multiple times - my wedding dress. 

Everything else gets worn in rotation and as appropriate. I don't understand this 7 times thing?!?!

13 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Edit: I've never met anyone who just throws away clothes. Does anyone actually do this? Everyone I know takes it to thrift stores. 

I used to sell the gently used nice clothing from my kids. But that ultimately became a time consuming hassle. I now take it all to Goodwill. I know people have issue with the CEO income, but ours offers job support services and they are involved with city initiatives with the homeless. 

I only donate clothing free of stains and wearable. Anything with stains, holes, rips, threadbare, or just worn out, I take to these shed like buildings for clothing. The items are recycled. I do the same with shoes that can’t be worn anymore, like the kids’ sneakers that are shot after months of wear. 

14 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I tossed a couple of t-shirts...they were too beat up to even be rags. I also toss undies and swimsuits. The rest gets donated. I just did the great 2018 closet purge on my clothes. Hub's clothes are next. Then I'll purge bags and shoes. 

So, yeah, I purge regularly...and there may be things I've only worn once or twice...but considering my entire wardrobe is probably worth 300 bucks it's no big deal. And, since we're going to be moving in a couple of months, it's easier to purge now so we have less to move. I'll probably have to go shopping for work outfits later this year since pretty much everything I own is either too casual or too dressy for an office. 

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I tossed a couple of t-shirts...they were too beat up to even be rags. I also toss undies and swimsuits. 

Underwear gets tossed here as well, along with socks with holes. And I have probably tossed swimsuits as well, although I probably took my son’s old trunks to Goodwill. 

I do on occasion consign some items. For example- DS has to wear a school uniform this year. Next year, his pants will be too short, so I will take the ones in good condition to consignment to offset the purchase of the new ones. Same with any polos that are still in good condition. 

1 minute ago, Frog99 said:

I do on occasion consign some items. For example- DS has to wear a school uniform this year. Next year, his pants will be too short, so I will take the ones in good condition to consignment to offset the purchase of the new ones. Same with any polos that are still in good condition. 

When my kids wore uniforms there was a swap every year. You would take in your kids' outgrown stuff and could trade or sell them. Everything was pretty inexpensive that way. Boys' shorts for 5 bucks, long pants for 7, girls' jumpers, skirts, polo shirts, stuff with the school emblem. It reduced the cost of school WAY down. I could outfit my tribe for the school year, including shoes, socks and bookbags for about 300 bucks total. We did the same thing for textbooks.

I always tell my girls to dress how they're comfortable.  All of them seem to prefer longer shorts and t-shirts during the summer.  Some relatives have encouraged them to show off their chest and/or butt, but none of them want to (my favorite comment from my oldest--"Um, my boobs aren't me.  My butt isn't me.  I'm more than my boobs and butt, duh.")

As far as dress code, I tell my kids that school is like their job.  I can't show up to work in my jammies.  :)  but after that?  Whatever works.  There are times and places that require certain dress.  

In my regular summer rotation I have a linen shirt I bought when I was pregnant with #1 son, who is in mid 30's now, also a linen jacket (I swear, that fabric just does not wear out) that is 15 years old, a couple of sun dresses that are 10 and 12 years old. . .Oh, there are two sweatshirts and a t-shirt from college, a couple of commemorative product release shirts from a company I last worked for 15 years ago. I buy clothes that are comfortable, stylish but not trendy, and well made. And then I wear them to death.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived