IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

@polecat, you may not use "chemical" suscreens on yourself or your kids, but you do use mineral sunblock/sunscreens.  I like the mineral screens myself as they don't irritate my eyes.  Clinique make City Block, but CeraVe and Laroche-Posay make ones with a higher percentage of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.  I like the Laroche-Posay one except it'd expensive and a few bottles of it have been grainy.

My granddaughter has albinism and sunscreen/block every day is a necessity for her.  She also wears a hat and sunglasses and Rash Guards when she swims.  

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it- Lori doesn't give a whit about modesty, or she would dress modestly herself.  What Lori cares about, is keeping Ken from wandering off chasing a newer/younger model.

I've always been very unhappy  when there were provocatively dressed women in front of my husband.  My husband has been very honest with me in the way that men are...very visual.  

Very honest, my ass.  I think he rubbed it in her face that he was looking at other women.

I love what Beth Moore teaches.  Immodest women are mean women.  They like to turn other women's husbands on.  That's mean.  Remember that the next time you desire to dress immodestly.

Do these women know that they aren't only causing teenagers and young men to lust but older men and even grandfathers to lust too? 

I am currently in a Bible Study by Beth Moore {Esther} and the topic this past week was meanness. She said something that made so much sense to me.

Yes, that's Lori referencing Beth Moore.  She used to like her, along with Joyce Meyer (and many other women in the ministry).  But then jealously took over, and now she can give you 100 reasons why she can't stand them.

Same with Ken.  He knows Lori is wildly jealous, so he likes to remind her what a struggle it is to not drool over other women.  It's just one of the many things they do to spite each other.  

Speaking of "dressing sexy" to attract a man...

When my husband and I met, I was wearing a blue work shirt, jeans, steel-toed boots and safety glasses. SO not "sexy"...bubba damn near lost his marbles! 

There's a good story about him having to hide behind boxes due to some ummm...physical reactions to my existence. 

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

This one is a real peach, isn’t she... 

7EBA9B93-79E5-48F6-BF42-99CE0704C01E.png

God hates no one. I guess she skipped all of the new testimate? Jesus was all about love and acceptance. Even if he didn’t agree with what you did he still loved you as a person. According to the Bible homosexuality is a sin like any other. Everyone sins. So according to cindy’s logic no one should go to church because god hates everyone so no one can be saved. 

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

because god hates everyone so no one can be saved. 

Everyone that is except Cindy and Lori. Come on... you totally know they believe this    :)  

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Speaking of "dressing sexy" to attract a man...

When my husband and I met, I was wearing a blue work shirt, jeans, steel-toed boots and safety glasses. SO not "sexy"...bubba damn near lost his marbles! 

There's a good story about him having to hide behind boxes due to some ummm...physical reactions to my existence. 

But you know what? If you had been wearing short shorts and a tube top, that would be okay, too. It's okay for men to be attracted to women no matter what they are wearing. It's normal. It helps ensure the continuation of humanity. 

Every time this comes up, several people here feel the need to announce that they, too, dress super modestly, almost fundie or whatever. Not to single you or anyone out, but why do people here feel the need to proclaim their own modesty in clothing? I start to feel like people agree with her on some weird level. It's always, "yeah, Lori/Duggars/whateverotherfundie's modesty crap is horrible, but I never wear (fill in the blank with whatever the fundie in question finds immodest) either.". 

I don't get it. 

19 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Every time this comes up, several people here feel the need to announce that they, too, dress super modestly, almost fundie or whatever.

I believe its more of an indication that men will look even if you're not "showing off the goods". It's not the yoga pants, leggings or bikinis that cause men to look/stare/leer...it's being female that causes them to do that. 

15 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I believe its more of an indication that men will look even if you're not "showing off the goods". It's not the yoga pants, leggings or bikinis that cause men to look/stare/leer...it's being female that causes them to do that. 

Your last post came off that way. The other "but I dress like a fundie" posts (and they seem to always pop up when the topic comes up) do not. They often come off as "see, Lori/Michelle/RandomFundie, we don't have to have your beliefs to wear/not wear whatever" or in the case of Lori, "see, we're more modest than you because we don't wear shorts as short as you or tops as low cut as you." 

It kind of endorses their nonsense. 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

Your last post came off that way. The other "but I dress like a fundie" posts (and they seem to always pop up when the topic comes up) do not. They often come off as "see, Lori/Michelle/RandomFundie, we don't have to have your beliefs to wear/not wear whatever" or in the case of Lori, "see, we're more modest than you because we don't wear shorts as short as you or tops as low cut as you." 

It kind of endorses their nonsense. 

No, it's more of Lori spews constant bullshit about modesty and then wears clothing that is not. Shorts, low cut tops, etc while she's telling other women to wear "modest" clothing is hypocritical at best and idiotic at worst. She's the pot calling the kettle black in this case. That is why references are made to other folks showing less skin than she does, but they don't go spewing on some facebook page or blog or chat room about how modest they are and how every other woman should be too. 

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

No, it's more of Lori spews constant bullshit about modesty and then wears clothing that is not. Shorts, low cut tops, etc while she's telling other women to wear "modest" clothing is hypocritical at best and idiotic at worst. She's the pot calling the kettle black in this case. That is why references are made to other folks showing less skin than she does, but they don't go spewing on some facebook page or blog or chat room about how modest they are and how every other woman should be too. 

Lori is a hypocrite. But pointing out your own "modesty" in relation to hers validates the modesty preaching. You can say that Lori is a hypocrite and leave whatever the hell you choose to wear or not wear out of it. Because it shouldn't actually be about what anyone wears. When it is made about what anyone wears, the message becomes, yes, there is a correct and incorrect way for women to dress. 

24 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

You can say that Lori is a hypocrite and leave whatever the hell you choose to wear or not wear out of it. Because it shouldn't actually be about what anyone wears. When it is made about what anyone wears, the message becomes, yes, there is a correct and incorrect way for women to dress. 

OR, she can post/say whatever she wants...

I've never noticed this particular poster saying that there is a "correct" way for women to dress.  I've seen her say that most fundies would approve of the way she dresses, and possibly pointing out that in the Modesty Olympics, she'd beat Lori hands down.  Lots of people would, and that's why it's so damn funny when Lori sits there in her cut to the navel tops, and bitches about other women wearing low cut tops.

24 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Lori is a hypocrite. But pointing out your own "modesty" in relation to hers validates the modesty preaching. You can say that Lori is a hypocrite and leave whatever the hell you choose to wear or not wear out of it. Because it shouldn't actually be about what anyone wears. When it is made about what anyone wears, the message becomes, yes, there is a correct and incorrect way for women to dress. 

I lurked here for a while before I actually posted and engaged with the group. I wasn’t raised in the “fundie” way and yet it was still a lot to process. I think we have people who read here but don’t post and may be in need of as many different views and perspectives as possible as they are in the process of unpacking all that they have been taught. 

I also believe that society still puts the burden on women, as evidenced by my 5th grade daughter and her female classmates having to sit through a discussion about how long their shorts and skirts have to be and how thick a tank top strap has to be. 

1 minute ago, Koala said:

I've never noticed this particular poster saying that there is a "correct" way for women to dress. 

I dress a certain way FOR ME. What I'm most comfortable in, what works best for the hot-ass summers we have here in the desert. I'm short and fat. Pants are VERY uncomfortable for me because of abdominal scars and the acres of stretch marks courtesy of my kids...so I wear elastic waisted skirts and nice tops to go out. 

If I was 80 lbs lighter, didn't have a gut and had perky tits, I'd probably dress MUCH differently. 

You do you and I'll do me. Out of certain personal convictions and being fat, I dress a certain way. It's the RIGHT way FOR ME. Yes, I have certain convictions that are heavily influenced by my beliefs...but...again, I don't give a good goddamn what anyone else does. 

Lori is a hypocrite because she says one thing and does another. I don't give a fuck what anyone else does. 

18 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Ya'll heathen ass, can't get right, lust all up in ya eyeballs, women-folk!  I've been defrauded, incensed, deceived, & put upon!  And to that shameless hussy who dared to put Daniel Craig's beautiful, chiseled, rugged beautifulness uponst my computer screen??!!.....lawd baby thank you.  It's been a rough day.  And to contribute to the blatant hussy-ness of the moment....

Hide contents

vikings.jpg.d312933784270a8fec1fa04febbf4eee.jpg

Yes, that was me that brought up Daniel Craig!  I am not ashamed!  But I am a redhead with Irish/Viking ancestry and I must tell you that I really, really like the picture you posted!

17 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

Does Lori acknowledge the existence of bi and lesbian women?  If men can't help themselves around an attractive leggings or bikini clad woman and women are the weaker sex, how are all these same sex attracted women managing not to stare at or assault these same women?  Might it be not biology but socialization and common decency?  Are women more capable than men of possessing self control and viewing others as people and not objects?  Maybe it has something to do with not being told from infancy that they can't help themselves and whatever they do is good and if it's not it was some dirty woman's fault?

I knew about gay men early on because of slurs my father used, but I didn't know about lesbians, or that women could be same sex attracted at all, until I read Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe as a teenager but I still thought I was some kind of singular weirdo for my feelings.  My sexuality had been stunted by abuse and religion, but I knew I was different, and that I noticed women and loved other girls in ways other girls my age noticed men and loved boys.  I pretended to have crushes on boys after having been laughed at by my classmates early on when I said I didn't want a prince I wanted a princess.  And I didn't want to be a prince with a princess, like one other girl did and which everyone seemed somewhat okay with, I wanted there to be two princesses which was apparently out of bounds in that time and place.

When I was 19 Ellen came out and was loudly derided as "Ellen Degenerate" which was like a knife in the heart and I was told that aside from being gay being a choice, all lesbians are just like men, thought like men, acted like men, wanted to BE men.  Well, I wanted no part of thinking or acting like any of the men I knew, and I certainly didn't want to BE a man, so I couldn't possibly be a lesbian.  Never mind that this didn't fit with other evidence that presented itself over the years, including my best friend coming out to me herself.  I accepted her but refused myself, and later pushed religion and the "love the sinner hate the sin" line at her which is something I will never forgive myself for.  It's the worst thing I've ever done.  It destroyed the relationship and my heart still aches when I think about her. 

I embraced the idea that I just had a appreciation for the aesthetics of female beauty.  Totally normal.  Finding 99% of men about as exciting as wallpaper paste while every cute girl at the supermarket or pool or library made me flush and tingly was just me being afraid of men (never mind that I've never been afraid of men as a whole, only ones that have given me reason to be) and very-non-sexually appreciating God's creation of women.  This was reinforced by the church and made total sense until it didn't.  

I am sorry for the ramble...I am just thinking about how I and others like me can look at a scantily clad (or fully clad, or whatever) woman for a moment and then move the hell on.  I've never stared, though I might have wanted to sometimes.  I've never felt she was defrauding me, which is a disgusting concept.  I recognize that a hot woman is a human being and is not objectified by anything she might be doing or wearing.  I alone am responsible for myself, for my thoughts and words and deeds.  I am responsible for how I view and treat others.

If these men can't manage to eat in public without being distracted to the point of sin when a kid in leggings is in the same restaurant, or they are plunged into helplessness when encountering a butt cheek on the beach, it doesn't seem like they should be in charge of ANYTHING.  Leave it to the women who get that and the men that are more than whiny bags of blame shifting garbage.

Ramble all you need!  I do wonder what Lori's opinion would be.  Probably negative, because she is so anti-woman on her best days.  I'm sure it would be some garbage about women being so easily deceived and thinking we don't need men, you know - her standard feminists are evil and ignorant crap.

And I do know exactly how you feel. I don't talk about this too much anywhere else, except that Mr. Briefly obviously knows and has no problems with it, but I am what used to be described as Bi.  Although I probably fit more on what is now known as Pan.  And I have pretty good reason to suspect that my mother actually was a lesbian, but stayed closeted all her life.  But then knowing the time/generation she was born and raised in, she probably felt like she had no choice but to marry a man and have children.  I have always wondered if that "runs in families" for lack of better words to use.  There are a few gays in my family that are out and at least a couple that I suspect but are still closeted.  I can not imagine how hard it must have been for you.  I hope that it will never be bad again, for anyone.

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

O be still my heart!!

Men in well cut, well fitted suits,.  I cannot help myself.  I stare. 

Also men in well worn Levis, white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled just below the elbow, and either boots or sock-less loafers. I mentally melt and swoon.

How dare they flaunt their covered up hotness?  Have they no shame!!!  Just sitting there bold as brass in the coffee shop in a suit and tie, checking their phones while waiting for a colleague.

Don't even get me started on formal business meetings. Or Tuxedos

Male burqas ...  that's what we need. Male burqas to stamp out all this suit wearing immodesty.

Male burqas.  Yes, because they are defrauding all the women.

My eyes just roll and roll.  People look at each other.  Always have, always will.  Cute young girls, hot cowboys, Sam Elliot, elegant older women dressed to the nines, biker boys,  people in Walmart in their pajamas, people in uniform.  People look.   It doesn't mean anyone is going to jump them or cheat on their spouses.  It is just human nature to look, no matter what they are wearing.  I mean, if clothing was a thing, beaches would be fully staffed with armed guards because of uncontrollable lust.  And so would hospitals because the first thing they do is take your clothes.   It's ridiculous to be so fainting couch about it.   Well, you know, unless Sam Elliot, then YMMV but - hey - I'm down.  

6 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Well, you know, unless Sam Elliot, then YMMV but - hey - I'm down.  

Yessssss.....

7 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Well, you know, unless Sam Elliot, then YMMV but - hey - I'm down. 

Good grief! Now you brought Sam Elliot into the discussion...I need a drooling emoji. 

@Destiny can you hook us up? 

5 hours ago, Frog99 said:

This one is a real peach, isn’t she... 

7EBA9B93-79E5-48F6-BF42-99CE0704C01E.png

This ticks me off big time. God does not hate anyone. He may hate our sinful actions, but he doesn't hate anyone.

I heard a sermon on TV (can't remember which preacher) that said we need to stop being so focused on homosexuality and ignoring other sexual sins. On any given Sunday, 90% of the straight single people in the congregation are having sex outside of marriage and there are likely some married people having affairs.

Fundies are all for forgiveness for adultey (especially if it's the man 'cause he just can't control himself), yet they treat homosexuality like it's the worst thing ever.

And yes, Cindy, we are called to love them. 

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@usmcmom  You evil, evil woman posting that puzzle picture  You caused me to waste hours...... hours I tell ya .... trying to see the horse but I just cannot.  Sigh.  I must keep trying though, because I won't let a mere photo defeat me.

P.S. Do you have any more puzzle pictures like that?  Asking for a friend.

Well, it does seem you are ready for some greater challenges so...see if you can find the puppies and kitten. I've had no luck so far...

P.S. Sorry, everybody! I couldn't get them to go under a spoiler. But, if ya gotta use up too much space, this is the way to do it; right? 

IMG_0379.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0380.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0381.PNG

I will just leave this link to cosplayer Leon Chiro's instagram where anyone could find it... hopefully anyone clicking has some time on their hands. ;) 

www.instagram.com/leonchiro/?hl=en

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived