IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

32 minutes ago, Koala said:

I don't think Trey= Ken and Lori.  Trey's wife Amanda had an established online presence, long before Trey was even a twinkle in Lori's eye.  She was pretty active in scrapbooking or sewing circles....something like that.  I also seem to remember someone going through her writings and finding the "wrastling a bull" story, so they had that in common.  

Besides that, the above threat doesn't read like Ken or Lori at all, and neither of them are smart enough to develop a different persona.

Does that mean that Trey is Robert/Cabinet Man?  His wife is Amanda and was active on scrapbooking forums. 

Remember when the bull wrasslin' story came up again and Cabinet Man made an appearance to clarify. He sat quietly while we talked about how he abused his wife but we were NOT going to minimize that bull(shit) wrasslin' nonsense.  

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Does that mean that Trey is Robert/Cabinet Man?  His wife is Amanda and was active on scrapbooking forums. 

Remember when the bull wrasslin' story came up again and Cabinet Man made an appearance to clarify. He sat quietly while we talked about how he abused his wife but we were NOT going to minimize that bull(shit) wrasslin' nonsense.  

Well, crap.  Now I feel like I am getting old.  For some reason I was thinking it was established that Trey was Cabinetman.  You're totally right...

I got them confused. :doh:

11 minutes ago, Koala said:

Well, crap.  Now I feel like I am getting old.  For some reason I was thinking it was established that Trey was Cabinetman.  You're totally right...

I got them confused. :doh:

Actually I have been thinking he was Cabinet Man too. I also still think he could be Ken. I wouldn't put these silly games past any of these buffoons. 

1 hour ago, polecat said:

I would KILL for your recipe! Lemon-blueberry is one of my favorite flavor fusions! 

No need!

3 cups fresh blueberries

3 1/2 cups sugar

1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest

1 T. lemon juice

1 3 oz. package liquid pectin

Wash blueberries and mash slightly to split the skin (I use a potato masher). In a 6 quart stainless steel or non-reactive pot, mix blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and immediately stir in pectin. Let foam settle, skim off foam, and ladle into 1/2 pint jars. It makes 4 half-pints, but I wash 5 jars just in case I have a bit left over.

Leave 1/4 inch headspace in each jar and process in a hot water bath canner for 10 minutes. Let set for 24 hours before putting in the pantry.

Recipe is from Southern Living. :my_biggrin:

Dinner tonight is probably what we call Bachelor Stew.  Mr. Briefly came up with it when he was a bachelor and had to feed himself - yes, Lori. A man actually cooked!  It's easy, we usually use ground turkey but the grocery store had ground beef on sale so that's what we'll use in it tonight.  We'll probably have some toasted bagels with it.

1 lb. ground beef/turkey, browned (my mom always called that scrambled, stir up while cooking)

about half an onion and half a bell pepper.  Chop both up and cook with the meat while it's browning.  Drain the grease.

Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 small to medium size bag frozen mixed vegetables or you can use two cans (drain the liquid if using cans) and 1 soup can of water.  Simmer, covered for about 20 minutes with occasional stirring.

We serve it over cooked rice or pasta.

It freezes great, I freeze it in small containers to be taken for lunch.

Since it was his birthday this week, we'll actually have dessert of strawberry shortcake.  He would have had a cake, but his mom was visiting and she came down with a tummy bug while she was here so his birthday dessert is a few days late.

6 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Dinner tonight is probably what we call Bachelor Stew.  Mr. Briefly came up with it when he was a bachelor and had to feed himself - yes, Lori. A man actually cooked!  It's easy, we usually use ground turkey but the grocery store had ground beef on sale so that's what we'll use in it tonight.  We'll probably have some toasted bagels with it.

1 lb. ground beef/turkey, browned (my mom always called that scrambled, stir up while cooking)

about half an onion and half a bell pepper.  Chop both up and cook with the meat while it's browning.  Drain the grease.

Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 small to medium size bag frozen mixed vegetables or you can use two cans (drain the liquid if using cans) and 1 soup can of water.  Simmer, covered for about 20 minutes with occasional stirring.

We serve it over cooked rice or pasta.

It freezes great, I freeze it in small containers to be taken for lunch.

Since it was his birthday this week, we'll actually have dessert of strawberry shortcake.  He would have had a cake, but his mom was visiting and she came down with a tummy bug while she was here so his birthday dessert is a few days late.

Bachelor stew sounds [pretty good!  

Whoa...a man who is capable of cooking...who doesn't insist on having a cake RIGHT ON HIS BIRTHDAY, and instead manages to wait a few days, and has strawberry shortcake instead.  What blasphemy is this??!  According to Lori your marriage is doomed, doooomed!  

2 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Since it was his birthday this week, we'll actually have dessert of strawberry shortcake

I'm a Junebug, too! My mom and I share a birthday and we celebrated this week with dinner at a local steakhouse. I had a prime rib the size of my foot and although I enjoyed every bite, my body is not happy with me. So it's light and vegetarian for the rest of the week.

Tonight we're having spicy black bean soup with avacados and sour cream with a salad. It's supposed to top out at 102 degrees today so I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided on soup but here we are. I'll crank up the a.c. during dinner.

Dessert is apricot upside-down cake. I'm still trying to find uses for the last of the 50 lbs of apricots that a friend gave us and I just can't make anymore jam. But I'll probably give @TeddyBonkers recipe a try. Thanks for posting it. Anything but apricots! 

2 hours ago, Joyce said:

If Trey is Ken or Lori, it seems weird for Lori to reply to Trey.

Hide contents

IMG_1402.thumb.PNG.1c905c8959f95f8930dc74f9f7bf10f9.PNG

Not really. She response so it seems like she’s talking to someone else. 

Tonight we are having taco bowls- roasted cauliflower rice, black beans, ground beef, and whatever toppings people want- usually tomatoes, salsa, cheese, and for me, I add sour cream and guac. It’s raining, so we will probably eat while we watch a movie. Maybe I’ll grab some ice cream from the store for dessert. 

@Briefly That sounds very similar to s.o.s.  Ground meat in a white gravy with various accoutrement usually served over bread but rice is a nice substitute.  

I have no idea what's for dinner....

13 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Tonight we are having taco bowls- roasted cauliflower rice, black beans, ground beef, and whatever toppings people want- usually tomatoes, salsa, cheese, and for me, I add sour cream and guac. It’s raining, so we will probably eat while we watch a movie. Maybe I’ll grab some ice cream from the store for dessert. 

Our Mexican dish last night was with cauli rice. It's a staple here since I have to limit grains. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived