IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

8 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Today's blog post is all about how a wife is to submit to her husband only, not a pastor, or any other man.  Sounds to me like Lori's excuse for not listening to what any man has to say.  

But aren't wives supposed to listen to whatever Lori says? I'm so confused. 

(Not really. Sarcasm). 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

(Not really. Sarcasm). 

Apparently so.  But Lori won't listen to other women because 'feminism,' now she won't listen to other men because she's only supposed to listen to her husband, and we've seen how that's working out for them.  Lori is a law unto herself, and unless she comes down off of that high horse she's so fond of no one will ever be able to reason with her.  

Yeah, this gives her an out whenever she comes across a pastor who says something she doesn't agree with, no matter who he is or how right he might be. 

Of course, she doesn't listen to Ken, either, so there's that. 

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

(Not really. Sarcasm). 

Of course they are, except when they aren't supposed to but they should still listen to Lori but their husbands are their Lord and Master except when Lori is teaching.  

That is Lori logic

But by past Lori logic she should still listen to males. They command more respect, are less emotional (ha), more logical, and should still be the ones with authority. So any male that corrects her is going to be more logical and have authority while she's easily deceived. Shouldn't she listen to them if that's the case? I thought Lori was  willing to be corrected.....

8 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I thought Lori was  willing to be corrected.....

That's the biggest joke I've heard all day...maybe the biggest so far this week! 

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Apparently so.  But Lori won't listen to other women because 'feminism,' now she won't listen to other men because she's only supposed to listen to her husband, and we've seen how that's working out for them.  Lori is a law unto herself, and unless she comes down off of that high horse she's so fond of no one will ever be able to reason with her.  

Exactly.  Women are supposed to comply with her demands, and even show their fathers/husbands her posts in an effort to change their minds on various topics Lori deems important.  Refusal to comply= Lori questioning your salvation, faith in God, and willingness to obey "His Ways".

He is seeing way too many marriages destroyed because women are going to their elders for advice instead of their husbands.

Then the same applies to you, Lori.  Your blog is not needed.  Your advice is not needed.  If a woman asks you a question, you should simply redirect her to her husband.  This will ensure that:

1. You (Lori) are busy about your OWN business

2.  Prevent strife in marriages where the wife wants to do things "God's Lori's Ways", and the husband wants things his way.

Ladies, your closeness with your husband means a distance from every man who isn’t, and that ESPECIALLY includes men who claim to be your so-called “spiritual overseers!”

That's exactly what you do, Lori.  You present yourself as a person ordained by God to "teach" women how to live their lives, dress, run their homes, raise their children.  

According to your own post, THAT IS NOT YOUR PLACE.

Today's post is presumably written by a man telling women not to listen to any man who isn't her husband. Since the guy writing at Wicked Shepherds isn't my husband then I believe the proper response is Fuck off. I don't have to listen to you.

Lori's lack of logic is going to make my head explode.

Some follow up on Ava who asked how to keep a 4 year old girl to be silent in church, because she is a girl (not so much because she is a child). 

Ava:

Lori – can you please write about how to teach our girls to keep silent at church during their growing up years? Do the Pearls talk about this? This is a topic that I don’t find much practical guidance on – God’s word is clear, but I could use some pointers on how best to explain it and what to do to make this hard lesson easier. Since this pertains to teaching a young lady, your guidance can help many.

Lori responds:

I think my answer to you above will give you some good guidelines!

Lori's answer above:

Keep speaking the truth to your children, Ava. They are rather young but you can train them to sit silently for a few minutes at a time, then add a few more minutes each day or week. It’s a great discipline to develop for church and in other things. Years ago, a family with many children ranging from ages 2 to 17 came to our church. They all sat quietly the entire church service. We were all so impressed!

LOL, generic advice. Not helpful at all. 

On another topic Diana says:

Also, we live in the south and were shocked to see so many female vocalists wearing short skirts, sleeveless tops and sandals. I belief they should be a little more conservative in their dress.

That's because you live in the SOUTH! It freakin hot out there. Let's bundle women up with 100 degree heat index. Are they really that dense!! Its like the shock Lori has about thong bikini's in southern CA. 

OT but do any of you ladies buy whole chickens and separate your white vs dark meat instead of buying the cuts prepackaged? If so, is it difficult to cut the chicken up? 

2 minutes ago, EowynW said:

OT but do any of you ladies buy whole chickens and separate your white vs dark meat instead of buying the cuts prepackaged? If so, is it difficult to cut the chicken up? 

It's not hard as long as your knives are sharp. We used to raise our own and while we only did the killing and cleaning a couple of years, we did do the butchering for several. You can save noticeable money and have the makings for fabulous stock and soups. Nevertheless I don't bother anymore because I don't really like white meat.

9 minutes ago, EowynW said:

My mother cut up a chicken every Sunday while I was growing up. I tried it ONCE and it was awful. I don't think I had the right knife. It's been years, but I DID find it difficult. Of course, we were newly weds and all of our knives were from Dollar General. If you have a good knife, I bet you could learn very quickly. If you aren't able to watch someone in person, I bet there's a Youtube video to help. 

13 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

It's not hard as long as your knives are sharp. We used to raise our own and while we only did the killing and cleaning a couple of years, we did do the butchering for several. You can save noticeable money and have the makings for fabulous stock and soups. Nevertheless I don't bother anymore because I don't really like white meat.

We've been looking and it's cheaper to buy an organic whole chicken and cut it up vs buying the big packs of commercial chicken cuts. 

49 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

That's because you live in the SOUTH! It freakin hot out there. Let's bundle women up with 100 degree heat index. Are they really that dense!! Its like the shock Lori has about thong bikini's in southern CA. 

There version of short is probably above the knee an inch. And when did sleeveless tops and sandals become a sin? Are feet sinful now? Do we have to keep our brothers with foot fetishes from sinning now too? 

Side story: got asked on Chrisitianmingle one time if I liked to walked around barefoot because he really loved feet. This was within five mins of conversing for the first time. Creepy. Needless to say I didn't talk with him long because I get people having their thing but within mins of talking to a girl? Nah. Christianmingle was its own special weirdness. Conservative guys really like to talk about snuggling (their version of seeing how far you'll go with physical contact). And a lot of 35 year olds hitting on me as a 21 year old. Apparently "God brought us together" was a good pick up line for them. 

Anyways it's freaking hot out with high humidity and a heat warning. There is no way I'm going to put of heavier clothes. Guys can stare at my neon white legs, untoned arms all they want. 

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

It is currently 108F here in sin city. You're lucky I have clothes on PERIOD! I went and got "done" to be prepared for Monday...and inside my car was like an OVEN!!! The a/c didn't do jack shit for cooling it off...my windshield was so hot I couldn't even touch it. It's supposed to be 113 tomorrow. 

Church time on Sunday morning it'll probably already be in the mid-90's. Loose skirt, gauze top, sandals will be my wardrobe. Monday for work (yay!!) will be another loose skirt, gauze top and flats. I can guarantee that I'll be stripping back to bike shorts and tank top once I get home. 

Don't like it? Kiss my pasty white ass. 

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

We feed our dogs raw, so have to cut raw chicken (bones and all) into pieces when they are puppies.  There are some great shears on amazon, but I can't think of the name off the top of my head.  I'll have to go back through my purchase history and then I'll link for you.

4 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

We did that, too, and I haven't found a source of good chicken since we stopped raising them. If you can raise the breed called "Red Rangers" they are mostly leg and thigh, with comparatively little breast meat and what they have actually has some texture and flavor. They are also So. Much. Smarter than those commercial meat breeds. They can actually walk and forage and act like normal birds.

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

seconding what others say about having  good knives, specifically a good boning knife and maybe a chef's knife, or a cleaver for cutting through the joints. We broke out our home raised chickens, which we let grow to maybe 6-7 pounds dressed out weight into legs, thighs, boneless breasts, and wings. The remaining carcasses and the wing tips got roasted, then went into the stockpot and we canned the resulting chicken stock. It's only hard work when you're doing a dozen or so for the freezer.

Is anyone else hearing GIANT alarm bells from Lori's follower "Diamond in the Rough"?  She said something yesterday, that further solidified my belief that she is abusing her children.  Take a look at some of her comments:

Going to put past comments under spoiler:

Spoiler

evil.PNG.64d332f673a43a38786effc61e930ddc.PNG

Spoiler

evil1.PNG.1223c6b6821b940462910ac423ea0509.PNG

Spoiler

evil2.PNG.c34cda7a723c3e094d6adda133e26399.PNG

Spoiler

evil3.PNG.c5ff126dd376f35418a01a472ea44e18.PNG

This is her most recent post:

evil4.PNG.e353317f85539803a626e591af598fb7.PNG

What on earth has she done to those precious babies?  There is no way a one year old and a 4 month old "know to keep quiet", unless they have been subjected to severe abuse.  No way at all.  

Let me tell you something lady, the Bible says very specifically in Luke 17:2

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Do you know who said that?  Jesus, that's who.  

How dare you abuse those children in the name of God?  And quite frankly, how dare Lori and Ken let her comments stand and not call her out on them?  I'll take it a step further- they need to report screenshots and every ounce of information they have about this poster to authorities.  If what she writes is true, she IS abusing her children.

I've noticed that Lori steers clear of her comments like this, even when she addresses her directly.  I am 100% certain that after Ken's experience here, he told her to keep her mouth shut, and stop encouraging parents who are very clearly abusing their children (something she's done in the past).  Lori has no problem with what she's saying, so she just lets her comments stand, and avoids responding directly.  It's disgusting.

9 hours ago, Koala said:

What on earth has she done to those precious babies?  There is no way a one year old and a 4 month old "know to keep quiet", unless they have been subjected to severe abuse.  No way at all.  

Let me tell you something lady, the Bible says very specifically in Luke 17:2

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Do you know who said that?  Jesus, that's who.  

Too many red flags to count in her accounts of her children -- but I seriously cannot believe she's punishing her severely disabled child for grinding her teeth, sucking her thumb, etc.! How about find out why she's doing those things and then address it. I can guarantee that child isn't doing it just to spite mom or piss mom off. 

And I'm really sick and tired of people defining "gentle parenting" as "no boundaries whatsoever" and "inconsistent discipline combined with random, non-linked punitive actions." That's not at all what it is. You can't just NOT parent your children and call that gentle parenting. Gentle parenting is thoughtful and WORK. I didn't get instant obedience -- but I didn't want mindless drones, either. I wanted kids who could think for themselves, who'd push back against adults who didn't have their best interests in mind, who were not afraid to stand up for what is right. These people don't get it and never will, but the true horror of it all is that their kids are the ones who are suffering for their ignorance. 

We're back on sex today.

I've mentioned it here before, but she never addresses the issue when the wife wants sex and the husband doesn't (the usual issue in my marriage). Sex drives don't always match, that's part of the compromise of marriage. The Bible clearly states that NEITHER partner is to deny the other, but she conveniently leaves that part out. Color me shocked.

Submit, sex, weaker vessel.

This is a bad record on repeat.

Side note: This has been a bad week for me with the news and some unrelated personal issues. The commentary here has helped to keep me sane. I always learn so much here.

Ha, this just appeared on there:

Spoiler

795916728_ScreenShot2018-06-21at12_32_36PM.png.9e89a6e8e546aaa77c0bda9828d1ccc2.png

So I had real life issues to deal with for the last week and half so I skipped Lori while dealing with the real life stuff then Jilly Rod thread blew up and it took awhile to catch up so today I finally started reading Lori. Well I kept skipping every 4 or 5 pages. Unless I missed it, nothing has changed. Women still are horrible, can't work, must obey, listen to their husband, must pop out babies, must discipline with the rod, never get out of an abusive relationship (because it is your fault he hits you, you just aren't submitting enough) etc . So did I miss anything? ;)

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived