IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

People's jaw drop

Ok I'm going to be the snarky grammar police because if Lindy is home schooling her children in language arts she's doing it wrong.

People = Plural i.e. more than one person. People's = Plural possessive i.e. belongs to multiple persons.  Jaw = singular i.e. one person = one jaw. 

It should be People's jaws drop -- because more than one person = more than one jaw.

Lindy's sentence literally reads that multiple people only have one jaw between all of them.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sermon points from today’s message- from my female pastor: 

Our role as parents is to unleash “Christ centered biblically anchored world changers”

We are to expose children to personal relationship with Christ. People aren’t rejecting Christ they are rejecting the rules imposed by religion. Rules without relationship lead to rebellion. 

She also mentioned that we all have gifts and as parents, we are to nurture those gifts and to pour into our children and to expose them to others that will pour into them and encourage them. Nothing was said about limiting the roles based on make or female expectations 

So Lindy expects that her girls will remain home if they never marry? Because they need to be under some authority or protection? Several of those items she listed as ways to make money or support the household after an unanticipated hardship require working outside the home. And none of them will support even a single person without a major time commitment and access to resources (such as floristry). 

I hope her girls are able to break free but I worry it may not be possible. Her FB page says they home church and home school. I imagine their awareness of and exposure to other opportunities will be almost non-existent. 

Lindy has referenced that her dad raised her and she has been critical of him in that. It breaks my heart- he likely did what he could with what he had. She’s so ungrateful. 

Saw a family after Lori's cold shriveled heart this morning in a hotel breakfast room. 

Six kids, boys and dad in khakis and polos, girl in a very long skirt (and she probably wasn't two yet and couldn't move very well in it, poor baby) and mom about eight months pregnant in equally long skirt, long sleeves and a sweater--on a day where it was 90 degrees by 10 a.m. 

They came in and dad and the boys sat down at a table. Mom, very pregnant and juggling the toddler daughter, went back and forth getting food for all of them. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Saw a family after Lori's cold shriveled heart this morning in a hotel breakfast room. 

They came in and dad and the boys sat down at a table. Mom, very pregnant and juggling the toddler daughter, went back and forth getting food for all of them. 

Ugh that's awful.  I'll give the dad a break since it's Father's Day, but the boys should have helped.

My eldest is at CEGEP ( half-way between high school and university). SeaFilly2 is planning what she needs for starting in Aug 2019. Sea Colt is just finishing his first year at HS.

I'd like all 3 to go to university but if one doesn't and would rather go into a trade instead, then I'm fine with that as well. I'm not going to stop them . I thought that was what I'm supposed to do as a parent.

44 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Ugh that's awful.  I'll give the dad a break since it's Father's Day, but the boys should have helped.

I can't even give him a break for that. She was very pregnant.

And, yes, you'd think at least the oldest boys could have got their own food. Kids looked to be all around 2 years apart. 

I finally started reading the Handmaid's Tale.  I've been watching it but I wanted to see it from the authors perspective. Every time I finish a chapter I think, "that's exactly what Lori & crew would want..." Especially when I see the bits about women not being allowed to read or write. That is something I can't fathom. Those things alone would make life hell to me. 

Because it's funny & apropos:

Spoiler

624edae1936005a0061e41d7fadc2878.jpg.a3d4e37f17463428c018bc4f377a01c3.jpg

Reader:

Did you delete the earlier comment providing scripture examples of women working? If so, why?

Sorry hon, you misunderstood.  Lori deletes the Bible when it doesn't line up with her message.  

In another comment, Lori says:

The Pr. 31 didn't "sell her goods at market."

Lori knows- she was there!  She saw her firsthand, selling goods from the door of her house.  She also had a few things on Etsy, but that totally doesn't count!  Lori can also tell you the hours she did (or rather didn't work). 

Girl, they were friends!  Lori practically mentored her!

9 hours ago, EowynW said:

Our Walmart lowered Kerrygold to 2.88. It's hella better than LoL. <3

I tried Kerrygold and it didn't live up to the hype as far as I'm concerned. It was alright but nothing special.

My Kerrygold is currently €3.06 per 250 grams so...$3.55 per 1/2lb.  It's about 25 cents more expensive than our store brand and we can afford it, so I get it for now (I buy store brand milk and many other things, but their butter is blah).  There are a couple French brands I also like - I'm in Belgium so that is not as fancy as it sounds lol - but usually go for the Kerrygold.  

24 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I tried Kerrygold and it didn't live up to the hype as far as I'm concerned. It was alright but nothing special.

The advertising is all about beeing from irish pasture cows, but when you read on the backside, it's written that the milk is from german cows. I don't like such advertising and don't buy these products.

6 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

My Kerrygold is currently €3.06 per 250 grams so...$3.55 per 1/2lb.  It's about 25 cents more expensive than our store brand and we can afford it, so I get it for now (I buy store brand milk and many other things, but their butter is blah).  There are a couple French brands I also like - I'm in Belgium so that is not as fancy as it sounds lol - but usually go for the Kerrygold.  

Here it is 1,99 € for 250 g, store brand 1,59 € for the same amount and I taste no difference, so store brand for me. And like I said above, I don't like the fake irish advertising

4 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

The advertising is all about beeing from irish pasture cows, but when you read on the backside, it's written that the milk is from german cows. I don't like such advertising and don't buy these products.

Here it is 1,99 € for 250 g, store brand 1,59 € for the same amount and I taste no difference, so store brand for me. And like I said above, I don't like the fake irish advertising

Damn, that is cheap!  I just double checked my package and mine says made in Ireland from the milk of pastured Irish cows.  Maybe there is real Kerrygold and cheaper outsourced Kerrygold?  

6 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Six kids, boys and dad in khakis and polos, girl in a very long skirt (and she probably wasn't two yet and couldn't move very well in it, poor baby) and mom about eight months pregnant in equally long skirt, long sleeves and a sweater--on a day where it was 90 degrees by 10 a.m. 

Ugh just ugh. Its Father's Day and my dad still offered to help with the dishes, his usual job since it hurts him to do a lot else. We declined since the youngest is 21 and we can manage ourselves. My mom didn't even have to do much. My sis grilled out (Ribs and sweet potatoes wrapped in foil...ammmaaazzzing) and she and I got the dessert together for everyone (cherry coke floats). Regardless, my dad still offered to help with dishes.  The fact that the father wasn't managing the toddler or making sure the boys got their own food if they were old enough speaks volumes. The sermon we listened to today spoke against that kind of behavior and encouraged men to take an active role in raising children instead of just working constantly and ignoring their household responsibilities. 

I would have been tempted to say something very loudly about laziness and not helping their mother/ wife. Also the baby girl is just a baby, why are they forcing modesty rules on her already? Sickos 

On 6/18/2018 at 8:22 AM, Koala said:

Is Lori asleep on the job?  The comment asking her why she's deleting scripture is still there.

( sorry for double quote. computer issue)

Anyhow, it doesn't look like she posted at all yesterday. Hmm??  so busy waiting on the men folk all day because of Father's Day???

8 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Ugh just ugh. Its Father's Day and my dad still offered to help with the dishes, his usual job since it hurts him to do a lot else. We declined since the youngest is 21 and we can manage ourselves. My mom didn't even have to do much. My sis grilled out (Ribs and sweet potatoes wrapped in foil...ammmaaazzzing) and she and I got the dessert together for everyone (cherry coke floats). Regardless, my dad still offered to help with dishes.  The fact that the father wasn't managing the toddler or making sure the boys got their own food if they were old enough speaks volumes. The sermon we listened to today spoke against that kind of behavior and encouraged men to take an active role in raising children instead of just working constantly and ignoring their household responsibilities. 

I would have been tempted to say something very loudly about laziness and not helping their mother/ wife. Also the baby girl is just a baby, why are they forcing modesty rules on her already? Sickos 

It sounds like you had a delightful day with your dad, that's wonderful!

The family in the restaurant is appalling. Of course Mom had to do it all and wait on the boys, they are male and she is just a lowly female!  I don't know if I would have been able to keep my mouth shut or not, I might have said something to her (politely) at the buffet. Maybe ask her why they weren't getting their own food or helping?  I agree about the baby girl being dressed like that, it's impractical to say the least.

9 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Hmm. Now I'm curious about what the Kerrygold here in Virginia says! I wasn't planning to stop at the grocery store today while out running errands, but the suspense may kill me if I don't check this out right away, I'm dying to know if ours is German Kerrygold or Irish! Or who knows--maybe here it comes from Wisconsin cows! :think:  (I'm sure it tastes good no matter what, but like you I'm not a fan of false advertising!) 

But the comments...I swear, it's ALWAYS the comments:

g.PNG.ac78c80f94b789e421ff08c45610f325.PNG

Reader 1:  You ARE NOT A CHILD!  You are actually responsible for contributing adult feedback to your marriage and family.  You should take an active and equal role in the decision making.  Your husband doesn't need an extra kid to raise.  How is it fair to put all the burden on one person?  

Reader 2:  If you let someone "lead" you into a bad situation, then you should be held responsible and have to deal with whatever consequences come with willingly entering into a "bad situation".    

Sorry, but this whole "I'm just a silly, helpless woman" bit, doesn't work for me.

Frankly, I think all this pure butter talk is cruel and inhumane. I can't eat butter since I developed a dairy allergy four years ago.  But don't worry about me..... NOOOOOOO-uh! You all go on and eat your fancy butter while I read labels and slather my non Einkorn bread in dairy free margarine....stuff. 

*skulks away pouting* 

Imagine making so many bad decisions your children didn't trust your decision making anymore and called it into question. Children/teens are human beings who don't deserve having to suffer the consequences of their parents stupidity. Children and teens should be able to question decision and decide if they are good or bad. It's called developing critical thoughts. I'm not advocating disrespectful behavior but kids have rights too.

and no wives shouldn't just silently watch their husbands make terrible decisions. That's the opposite of being a keeper of the home. Keeper of the home means protecting it. 

One of the reasons Mr. Krazy and I married is because  we are better people and decision makers together than we are apart.  Mr. Krazy brings balance and perspective, wisdom and insight, compassion and knowledge into our marriage that I do not have.  As an adult, I bring the same things to his life. 

My husband wants alternative perspectives from me as the person he most trusts in making decisions.  Many times we arrive at a solution that neither of us would have seen on our own.  This makes our lives rich, deepens our trust of one another, and ensures that we continue to have a depth of communication that grows over time.  

Our marriage works because we are both active participants in it.  Advising people to stop communicating in their marriage is a recipe for disaster.  But I'm not surprised, as Lori does not seem to understand what it means to have a relationship at all; but only understands the world in rigidly prescribed roles.  It is the very definition of legalism.

We encourage our children to question- in a respectful manner, of course- it can be exhausting at times but we want them to feel confident questioning and we want to support the development of critical thinking. We want them to feel confident advocating for themselves and others. We have also talked with them at length about listening to their gut feelings and instincts. And, they’ve been told if someone makes them feel uncomfortable or unsafe, they have permission to remove themselves from the situation and seek out a safe/trusted adult. And we talk about who those people are at school, church, etc. 

My husband just the other day said that he hoped our daughter continues to be persistent, strong, independent, and able to get things done. He doesn’t want her (or me) to be meek and quiet. 

What is the deal with all of the posts by other people lately? Most of the recent posts have been taken from other authors (without even her own thoughts added) or pasted together from comments she's received. Is she really slipping? Or just running out of ways to keep spouting the same tired crap?

She has now taken down the comment that questioned her deleting a comment. She must really read here. The person she quoted today if you follow the link back to the woman's facebook page Lori asked her if she could use her writing for a blog post 2 months ago.  That tells me she is scraping bottom and had dig up something she maybe was going to use 2 months ago but it got pushed aside. 

12 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

What is the deal with all of the posts by other people lately? Most of the recent posts have been taken from other authors (without even her own thoughts added) or pasted together from comments she's received. Is she really slipping? Or just running out of ways to keep spouting the same tired crap?

I think it's the bolded, plus hopefully she's spending more time with her mother who's dying. I say hopefully because with Lori, hanging out on the internet all day every day, lecturing, judging, gossiping, and zapping comments that don't fit her narrative  is usually far more important to her than even a family emergency. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived