IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

Does anyone remember the first Lethal Weapon movie? If you do...the scene at the beginning of the movie when Mel Gibson wakes up...YOWZA!!! 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Look at her comments practically boasting how she never put sunscreen on her kids

Ugh, this is so indicative of Lori's mentality. Who cares about malignant melanoma when there's BABBIES to be had. 

34 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Look at her comments practically boasting how she never put sunscreen on her kids

As I tend to do now when Lori posts something like this I turned to our good friend, goggle.

It seems as though there was a study done in 2008 (of people age 6+) that showed that 96.8% of people tested shed oxybenzone in their urine.  It didn't say anything about sperm count reduction or endometriosis.  I only read 1 link though so it's still possible that is true.

It seems like the biggest problem is causes is to coral reefs, where it causes bleaching.  Some places have laws about it's use due to that.

I also had to laugh as the first thing wiki says about it is that it's an ORGANIC COMPOUND.  That means it's good right?

An easy to understand article re: sunscreen

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oxybenzone-chemical-sunscreen_us_5aeb38b0e4b0c4f1931ffce0

What Lori fails to mention (naturally) is that there are OTHER kinds of sunscreen and the possible minor risk that may be associated with the ones that contain oxybenzone is less than the risk from skin CANCER which is proven to be caused by unprotected exposure to the sun.

Ya'll heathen ass, can't get right, lust all up in ya eyeballs, women-folk!  I've been defrauded, incensed, deceived, & put upon!  And to that shameless hussy who dared to put Daniel Craig's beautiful, chiseled, rugged beautifulness uponst my computer screen??!!.....lawd baby thank you.  It's been a rough day.  And to contribute to the blatant hussy-ness of the moment....

Spoiler

vikings.jpg.d312933784270a8fec1fa04febbf4eee.jpg

Spoiler

image.png

You all might want to chime in on the recent dale partridge post. He is saying don't worry about taking your pills because bible is all you need.  its getting crazy all the discussion. Lots of pushback but lots of people saying even more crazy stuff than Dale about mental illness. Lori will like this one since she has said depression isn't real because God gave us sound minds.

6 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Or-revolutionary thought that I'm sure Lori and her acolytes aren't ready for-how about taking a quick look at the woman, staying within the bounds of courtesy (no staring), then moving on to treat her like a human being?  Let's face it, we're all human, and if a person who fits our definition of attractive comes within view we're going to notice.  There's not much that can be done about that, and I'm not sure much should be. 

BUT...there's no need to be rude, or stare, and it IS possible to go on with business as usual when you (general you, not you specifically :) )  realize that the person you find attractive is not a sex doll put there for your enjoyment, or an evil tempter/temptress sent by Satan to steal your soul, but a real, live person, who should be treated with respect.  

EDIT:  And it's not strictly along gender lines either, women can appreciate looking at a man, or another woman, or a man may enjoy watching other men, the same principles apply IMO.  

Does Lori acknowledge the existence of bi and lesbian women?  If men can't help themselves around an attractive leggings or bikini clad woman and women are the weaker sex, how are all these same sex attracted women managing not to stare at or assault these same women?  Might it be not biology but socialization and common decency?  Are women more capable than men of possessing self control and viewing others as people and not objects?  Maybe it has something to do with not being told from infancy that they can't help themselves and whatever they do is good and if it's not it was some dirty woman's fault?

I knew about gay men early on because of slurs my father used, but I didn't know about lesbians, or that women could be same sex attracted at all, until I read Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe as a teenager but I still thought I was some kind of singular weirdo for my feelings.  My sexuality had been stunted by abuse and religion, but I knew I was different, and that I noticed women and loved other girls in ways other girls my age noticed men and loved boys.  I pretended to have crushes on boys after having been laughed at by my classmates early on when I said I didn't want a prince I wanted a princess.  And I didn't want to be a prince with a princess, like one other girl did and which everyone seemed somewhat okay with, I wanted there to be two princesses which was apparently out of bounds in that time and place.

When I was 19 Ellen came out and was loudly derided as "Ellen Degenerate" which was like a knife in the heart and I was told that aside from being gay being a choice, all lesbians are just like men, thought like men, acted like men, wanted to BE men.  Well, I wanted no part of thinking or acting like any of the men I knew, and I certainly didn't want to BE a man, so I couldn't possibly be a lesbian.  Never mind that this didn't fit with other evidence that presented itself over the years, including my best friend coming out to me herself.  I accepted her but refused myself, and later pushed religion and the "love the sinner hate the sin" line at her which is something I will never forgive myself for.  It's the worst thing I've ever done.  It destroyed the relationship and my heart still aches when I think about her. 

I embraced the idea that I just had a appreciation for the aesthetics of female beauty.  Totally normal.  Finding 99% of men about as exciting as wallpaper paste while every cute girl at the supermarket or pool or library made me flush and tingly was just me being afraid of men (never mind that I've never been afraid of men as a whole, only ones that have given me reason to be) and very-non-sexually appreciating God's creation of women.  This was reinforced by the church and made total sense until it didn't.  

I am sorry for the ramble...I am just thinking about how I and others like me can look at a scantily clad (or fully clad, or whatever) woman for a moment and then move the hell on.  I've never stared, though I might have wanted to sometimes.  I've never felt she was defrauding me, which is a disgusting concept.  I recognize that a hot woman is a human being and is not objectified by anything she might be doing or wearing.  I alone am responsible for myself, for my thoughts and words and deeds.  I am responsible for how I view and treat others.

If these men can't manage to eat in public without being distracted to the point of sin when a kid in leggings is in the same restaurant, or they are plunged into helplessness when encountering a butt cheek on the beach, it doesn't seem like they should be in charge of ANYTHING.  Leave it to the women who get that and the men that are more than whiny bags of blame shifting garbage.

Lori has her readers all busily distracted from their families and homes.  Instead, they are on her page, arguing about what's okay/not okay to wear.  

Here's what I want to know- Why are they advising each other?  I ask, because according to Lori, this should be a husband's decision.  Lori's opinion should not matter at all.  She doesn't even get to decide what she wears!  That's Ken's job.  

I can't tell you for a fact, that MANY men would be appalled by the outfits Lori wears, and she would be considered extremely immodest.

This (for example) is a screen shot from her blog:

Spoiler

health.PNG.d808bcc15393e2aa5b5f053d72278a1e.PNG

I have known MANY men who would consider that dress too short, too tight, and too low cut.

Sometimes I think Lori forgets her own message.  The internet, however, never forgets, so with that said, I bring you Lori Alexander on modesty:

There is no set standard for this so you should ask your husband what he thinks is modest.  

Whatever you feel convicted to do, as long as your husband agrees, is a good thing!

I think it should depend on how each husband defines modesty.

We have freedom in Christ to decide what is modest and what is not.

I follow zero rules of the Law.

I don't base any of my life upon the Law.

I will NEVER concern myself over one verse in the Bible and its interpretation, especially since it was under the Law.

Life and convictions are a journey, especially the gray areas like dress

I believe that wives need to ask their own husbands what is and isn't modest. 

ask the godly, mature men in your life what modesty looks like to them

Have you ever asked your husband what he thinks is modest and what is not? 

we should be pleasing our husbands and not being frumpy like many women today

The theme throughout, is ASK YOUR HUSBAND.  Your husband...not a random woman on the internet.  You see, according to Lori, it doesn't matter whether she thinks Christian women should wear leggings or not.  Only a husband's opinion matters.

And by the way- Ken thinking leggings are immodest doesn't = Lori whining that if she can't wear leggings, no one can.  Ken is ONLY Lori's husband.  Other husband's get to decide what is modest for their wives (going by Lori's extremely warped logic).

If Ken can say pants/shorts/ and dresses above the knee are okay, then another husband can say leggings are okay.  I believe Lori calls that "Christian freedom".  

Taking all of those quotes into account, you'll understand why I am confused by THESE quotes from Lori:

I have confronted several who wear skimpy bikinis, one was even a pastor's wife, to no avail.

Why?  Would Lori want to be confronted about the way Ken says she can dress?   Lori clearly doesn't love God and His "ways" or she would leave matters of modesty to the pastor.  What his wife wears is none of her business. 

I think the pastor's wife liked the way she dressed and I know I'm not the only one who didn't like it. Others confronted them about it but they didn't care. 

Why would anyone be confronting a husband about what he "allows" his wife to wear?  I thought it was his position to decide.  Or does that only apply to Lori?

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

Why would anyone be confronting a husband about what he "allows" his wife to wear?  I thought it was his position to decide.  Or does that only apply to Lori?

That just sounds WRONG!!! I might ask my husband's advice on something (job interview outfit, asked him AND #1 son), however, day to day, nope. Right now I'm wearing a tank top (no bra) and a pair of workout/bike shorts. I would probably change if we were to go out, but today was a stay at home, do nothing sort of day after running around this week (shrink appt, job drug test, groceries, etc). Tomorrow starts the great 2018 - OH FUCK WE'RE MOVING IN 2 MONTHS purge, and I'll be a hot mess most of the weekend and all next week and probably the week after that too, then every fucking weekend until the beginning of August. 

It's seriously hot as fuck here too...so, in some cases you're just lucky I have clothes on. 

Lori is most definitely NOT modest in any way, shape or form, clothing or otherwise. I dress semi-fundie as a general rule just because my skirts are MUCH cooler than pants and nobody wants to see my short, chubby self in a pair of shorts. 

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori is bitter she never wore sunblock and now has bad skin to show for it...

Did I go too far?

40 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

If these men can't manage to eat in public without being distracted to the point of sin when a kid in leggings is in the same restaurant, or they are plunged into helplessness when encountering a butt cheek on the beach, it doesn't seem like they should be in charge of ANYTHING.  Leave it to the women who get that and the men that are more than whiny bags of blame shifting garbage.

So much this. If a guy can't hold his act together while seeing this, he should seriosly conseridering becoming a hermid in the middle of the dessert, instead of demanding that he is the one in charge. Because this women and children aren't a danger for sociaty.

I used this fine weather here yesterday, to take my doggie and my neighbor and spent the afternoon at a little lake nearby. From around the 15 people who had the same idea, 2 couples where sunbathing in the nude, one family had their 2 little children naked running around and the outher family had their daughter only in the bikini bottom. And surprise, surprise, nothing bad happend. Also mixed sauna is the standart here and nothing bad happenend.

Remembering -- that short tight black dress and boots is what she wore to a wedding -- and then wrote a post ripping the wedding and bride and groom to shreds

27 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

It's the worst thing I've ever done.  It destroyed the relationship and my heart still aches when I think about her. 

Please, try to forgive yourself. You were young, confused, and in denial. You don't deserve endless heartache for saying the wrong thing. It sounds like you've grown a lot as a person since then. I hope you can find some peace about it. 

18 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I dress semi-fundie as a general rule just because my skirts are MUCH cooler than pants and nobody wants to see my short, chubby self in a pair of shorts. 

Ha. Me too. I'm all about a gauzy gypsy skirt in 100 degree weather. I don't like my stumpy little legs in shorts. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I have confronted several who wear skimpy bikinis, one was even a pastor's wife, to no avail.

Why?  Would Lori want to be confronted about the way Ken says she can dress?   Lori clearly doesn't love God and His "ways" or she would leave matters of modesty to the pastor.  What his wife wears is none of her business. 

Exactly! Today she's running one of her trick questions in the chatroom. She asked whether the women would wear a bikini if they husbands asked them to. I think she wants the answer to be no, but just the other day she was writing that we are to obey our husbands in everything. So...      Of course, when she's been "caught" in photos wearing short shorts, she says she defers to Ken. Are we ALL to defer to Ken on the leggings "ruling" rather than our own husbands? It's in these discrepancies that we see she doesn't think things through, or she lacks the capacity to think logically.

What I actually think is going on is that she's revealing her insecurity in her marriage, which is sad. When she was younger, she wore regular bathing suits and shorts, but now she is fixated on taming Ken's roving eye by controlling other women. 

Also, want to add that what a person wears is a personal matter. Otherwise, it's legalism. Why is she SUCH a busybody and tale-bearer? According to her views and beliefs, she should tell women (if she must say anything) to talk to their husbands about it and then leave it. Isn't she bored? I mean bored out of her mind? She cares about things that don't truly matter but actively dismisses so many things that Christ taught. 

Richard Armitage in North and South is one of my favorite male celebrity looks. Also Tom Hiddleston sighs. I was at a coffee shop drinking some coffee and looked up and saw a gorgeous police officer. I was like "seriously, where have you been? And maybe I'm just gonna go try and get a speeding ticket". Maybe I should have lectured him on looking so distracting in his uniform.... I did look away from his uniformed bottom because I didn't want to objectify him. But dang he was pretty. But I guess I have more self-control than all of Lori's fanboys. Or I just generally have more respect for people as human beings. 

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Lori is bitter she never wore sunblock and now has bad skin to show for it...

Did I go too far?

I was thinking the same thing!  Her skin looks much older than it is.

She lives in southern CA, and she has mentioned taking her boys surfing, walks on the beach, etc.  Not using sunscreen is a really poor decision and could affect her kids as they get older.

11 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Ugh, this is so indicative of Lori's mentality. Who cares about malignant melanoma when there's BABBIES to be had. 

I really, really hate to side with Lori on anything, but I've never used sunscreen on my kids, either. The sunscreen she's talking about is really, really bad for coral reefs, but it can also trigger outbreaks in my kids. 

But I am dead serious about sun protection -- Irish skin + family history of skin cancer = religious zinc-based sunblock use PLUS rashguards with built-in protection. 

As with anything Lori-ward, though, ymmv.

11 hours ago, Curious said:

An easy to understand article re: sunscreen

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oxybenzone-chemical-sunscreen_us_5aeb38b0e4b0c4f1931ffce0

What Lori fails to mention (naturally) is that there are OTHER kinds of sunscreen and the possible minor risk that may be associated with the ones that contain oxybenzone is less than the risk from skin CANCER which is proven to be caused by unprotected exposure to the sun.

Yes! Much clearer and more concise than my comment! This! 

Lori’s advise for kids growing up to have a healthy marriage is wrong. Staying together when you aren’t happy and miserable isn’t setting an example for a healthy marriage. My boyfriends parents have been married for over 30 years. They aren’t happy but won’t divorce because of their Christian values. He knows a couple that got married then divorced. They are now back together, just dating though, and they are happy. My mother’s parents always faught and acted liked they hated each other. They never divorced but it set a horrible example of marriage for my mom. My dads dad left his mom when he was a kid. It broke his heart. He knew he wanted better when he married. 

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Richard Armitage in North and South is one of my favorite male celebrity looks. Also Tom Hiddleston sighs. I was at a coffee shop drinking some coffee and looked up and saw a gorgeous police officer. I was like "seriously, where have you been? And maybe I'm just gonna go try and get a speeding ticket". Maybe I should have lectured him on looking so distracting in his uniform.... I did look away from his uniformed bottom because I didn't want to objectify him. But dang he was pretty. But I guess I have more self-control than all of Lori's fanboys. Or I just generally have more respect for people as human beings. 

There are whole scenes in North and South (which I have watched quite a few times) where I have no idea what's going on or being said, because I'm too busy enjoying Richard Armitage in all his 19th century glory. :romance-inlove:

9 hours ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

I've been saying this for a long time. Here's what we know about men according to the fundie LorKen mindset: 

*They can't control themselves if they see women who aren't all but covered in burkas and possibly not then. 

*They are incapable of living if their every need is not pandered to. 

*They cannot handle the slightest disagreement from their partner or they will potentially be shattered and their masculinity will be destroyed. 

*They can be easily manipulated by the same partner who should seek to do so rather than being a straight forward adult. 

*They are genetically disinclined to having any ability to cook, clean or do any basic adult household tasks and should never have to. 

And then they tell us that women should submit in all things to these fragile overgrown easily distracted toddlers and they should run the world because they are so superior to us. 

How does this actually make sense to anyone? 

Looks like it's time to share another one of my favorite picture puzzles. Some say there is a horse in this photo, but NOPE! I can't see it. Even when I put my face REEEEEEALLLL close to the screen, all I see is the wasitband of those cowboy jeans. Weird. 

But I love this kind of puzzle - very challenging and good for your eyes. 

IMG_0377.PNG

Lori Alexander 2012:

I will not ever use this blog, however, to speak negatively about anyone unless they are anonymous.

Lori Alexander's blog today (referring to Beth Moore):

she’s a terrible Bible teacher

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori Alexander 2012:

Lori Alexander's blog today (referring to Beth Moore):

I doubt it will happen, but boy, do I ever want Beth Moore to be elected president of the SBC. I want to see Lori's head explode into a million fragments. :laughing-rolling:

2 hours ago, polecat said:

I really, really hate to side with Lori on anything, but I've never used sunscreen on my kids, either. The sunscreen she's talking about is really, really bad for coral reefs, but it can also trigger outbreaks in my kids. 

But I am dead serious about sun protection -- Irish skin + family history of skin cancer = religious zinc-based sunblock use PLUS rashguards with built-in protection. 

As with anything Lori-ward, though, ymmv.

Yes! Much clearer and more concise than my comment! This! 

I'm not knocking anyone for not using sunscreen--it's just indicative of Lori's mindset that her objections to it were reproductive in nature.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived