IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

4 hours ago, PhoenixRising said:

Thank you for sharing this story, and thank you for your support.  I know that those relatives identify with my parents on some level, and therefore take my sin of dishonoring my parents personally. Ive accepted that I can’t make them understand my experiences. 

I’m so sorry that your friend had to deal with abuse on top of her daughter’s guilt tripping. I’m glad that she realized that it wasn’t her fault! I hope that she is able to heal. 

Thank you, she is raising her daughter's children and it has been hard but she's doing the best she can for them.  The oldest child has been diagnosed as bipolar and my friend got her as much help as she could. There was a social worker helping her and the State of Texas was also helping.  My friend eventually signed custody of the oldest girl over to the state, her social worker was able to find a really good residential care program for the girl and my friend is still able to stay in contact with her but this was there is no worries about not being able to afford treatment, etc., and the girl is doing very well.  The other two kids are doing pretty good.  My friend has her hands full but she's a fighter and is ok.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the past 18-24 months or so, we’ve had 2 horrific fatalities as a result of domestic violence. A friend’s son was one of the first officers to respond to the first case and was traumatized- it was a brutal attack and was carried out against the children as well (they survived)

The second involved a gun and happened in the presence of children. 

I’ve reported that post, some of you here reported it, and I saw comments on 2.0 that it had been reported. Yet it’s still there for victims to read. 

I’m sorry Lori but public school doesn’t destroy faith. I was the only one of my high school friends that didn’t cuss. Faith is either there or not. Public school doesn’t create lesbians or gay people. They are born that way. 

Lori get it through your head the proverbs 31 women worked in the fields which is outside of her home. 

I am not one to ever, ever, ever suggest that anyone, anywhere at anytime, deserves physical abuse.

But dammit reading Lori has made me make an exception ..... for her. 

I want someone to take that damn 18 inch leather strap to her for 4 hours (like she did to her children) and then she can come back and tell us us it wasn't abuse and it didn't hurt and she deserved it because she did something wrong or asserted her will.

Oh .... and I want the person with the strap to be an adult, with adult strength, so she'll get exactly what her children got.

Sorry not sorry -- in the least

A reader writes:

What happens if your husband dies, divorce, or anything leaving you alone.. Then what?

Lori (sitting in her million dollar +  house) writes:

Do you believe that God will lead and provide for you in the "what ifs..?" or do you believe you have to spend years in higher education and a lot of money (getting into debt) to prepare for the "what ifs...?"

I don't know Lori.  Do you believe Ken should have had to travel "a majority of the year", spending TONS of time away from his children, in order to provide you with the shit ton of money you now enjoy?  Did you ever tell him that you could make it on much less, and suggest that perhaps he'd like to work fewer hours, somewhere closer to home?

When he was here, he mentioned he was very busily worrying about/preparing for the great WHAT IF of retirement.  Do you believe that's really necessary?  Why not just let the Lord provide?

I'll tell you why.  MONEY.  You like it.  Lots of it.  And no matter what you say, you don't really believe that the Lord is in the business of for paying power bills.  Or vitamins.  Or woo shit on the web. 

It's fine, well, and good for you to sit back and watch your readers suffer for lack of funds (and even food).  In fact, it probably keeps you entertained, on some sick level.  But "Those Perfect Alexaders"?  Well, that's different.  They are always well funded and fully secure.  It would have never in a million years occurred to Ken not to be.

When Lori and Ken stop preparing for the future, then maybe they can tell others to do the same.  Until then?  Enjoy your butter Lori...go slather it on something...I believe it runs about $14 a box, right?  

Okay. If you want examples from scripture of women who had jobs and/or did things outside of their homes, I'll give you some, if you insist...

Deborah: 
She was a wife and mother, yet she also had a very demanding career. (I don't know... correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK that being a judge of Israel counts as a career.) The Biblical narrative never chastised her for this.

Puah and Shiphrah:
The midwives who saved quite a few Hebrew babies from death at the hands of the tyrannical Pharaoh. They were apparently midwives... and not just as a hobby or something, but it suggests that was their regular job since the king summoned them specifically to answer for their refusal to do away with male babies. (And speaking of midwifery... the very EXISTENCE of that career flies in the face of your idea that only men should have jobs/careers outside the home. Can you honestly imagine a MALE midwife? No? Well then it would appear that some careers are actually more suited for womem than for their male counterparts.)

Lydia:
She was "a seller of purple"... which was a very high-paying career in the days of the apostles. Also, if I recall correctly, it doesn't mention any husband or children in that scenario, which quite likely means that she was single. But none of the disciples ever gave her any correction for devoting time and energy to a career rather than having a family.

Ruth: 
She worked outside of the home before meeting Boaz... and not at first with the goal of getting a husband, either, but simply with the goal of supporting herself and her aging mother-in-law. I'm fairly sure she had to leave her home in order to do that.

Huldah:
She was the wife of a man named Shallum (and quite likely a mother as well, since most wives in those days were also mothers). But she was also a prophetess and was so highly revered that she advised a male priest and the king of Israel. Nowhere does the narrative suggest that she was out of line for doing so, and the men who asked her advice accepted her counsel without offering any complaints about her gender.

The Proverbs 31 woman: 
She is described as having quite a few business-dealings outside the home. There is a mention of "considering a field and buying it" and "bringing goods from afar" like a merchant ship. Sounds like career-language to me! What's more, there is no reproach laid upon her, saying that she ought to focus more on her home-life. God is pleased with her diligence both at home and abroad, and her husband and children "rise up and call her blessed" because of her achievements.

So... tell me again how women with careers are "nowhere in the Bible"?

Score! Lori must be asleep since this has not been deleted.

10 minutes ago, jumpingjill said:

Okay. If you want examples from scripture of women who had jobs and/or did things outside of their homes, I'll give you some, if you insist...

Deborah: 
She was a wife and mother, yet she also had a very demanding career. (I don't know... correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK that being a judge of Israel counts as a career.) The Biblical narrative never chastised her for this.

Puah and Shiphrah:
The midwives who saved quite a few Hebrew babies from death at the hands of the tyrannical Pharaoh. They were apparently midwives... and not just as a hobby or something, but it suggests that was their regular job since the king summoned them specifically to answer for their refusal to do away with male babies. (And speaking of midwifery... the very EXISTENCE of that career flies in the face of your idea that only men should have jobs/careers outside the home. Can you honestly imagine a MALE midwife? No? Well then it would appear that some careers are actually more suited for womem than for their male counterparts.)

Lydia:
She was "a seller of purple"... which was a very high-paying career in the days of the apostles. Also, if I recall correctly, it doesn't mention any husband or children in that scenario, which quite likely means that she was single. But none of the disciples ever gave her any correction for devoting time and energy to a career rather than having a family.

Ruth: 
She worked outside of the home before meeting Boaz... and not at first with the goal of getting a husband, either, but simply with the goal of supporting herself and her aging mother-in-law. I'm fairly sure she had to leave her home in order to do that.

Huldah:
She was the wife of a man named Shallum (and quite likely a mother as well, since most wives in those days were also mothers). But she was also a prophetess and was so highly revered that she advised a male priest and the king of Israel. Nowhere does the narrative suggest that she was out of line for doing so, and the men who asked her advice accepted her counsel without offering any complaints about her gender.

The Proverbs 31 woman: 
She is described as having quite a few business-dealings outside the home. There is a mention of "considering a field and buying it" and "bringing goods from afar" like a merchant ship. Sounds like career-language to me! What's more, there is no reproach laid upon her, saying that she ought to focus more on her home-life. God is pleased with her diligence both at home and abroad, and her husband and children "rise up and call her blessed" because of her achievements.

So... tell me again how women with careers are "nowhere in the Bible"?

Score! Lori must be asleep since this has not been deleted.

Yeah, I'm pretty amazed this didn't get instantly zapped. It's only 9:20 out in southern California, maybe she's watching TV. Oh, wait...that's evil, she'd NEVER do that.

You know, I've been thinking about the $14 butter. I don't buy organic, I buy Land o'Lakes when it's on sale, Kroger brand when LoL isn't on sale. Last time I bought butter, I looked at what else was on offer. There was Kerrygold, Kroger's more expensive Private Selection, and an organic brand I  can't remember the name of, but the packaging made it look ultra wholesome and "grass-fed." LOL. All of the brands were the one pound size, and all of them were less than $7,even the organic brand. Lori is an idiot.

I buy Great Value salted/sweet cream butter for $3.24 a box.  And you know what?  Every time I pick up a box, I give it the :my_dodgy: look, because I think $3.24 for butter is highway robbery.  I'm old fashioned that way.  I still remember when I could fill my car to the brim for just over $12.

Lori has no concept of money or making a dollar stretch, and it's a shame, because it would have done her a world of good.  A few months of playing "which bill gets paid/which billS get ingnored" and she'd change her tune right quick.  Or at least clam the hell up.

My husband and I have been very lucky, but we did marry when we were just teens, so there were hard years when we were starting out.  It may be many years in the past, but I do know what it is to pay for gas in change, and think of Hamburger Helper as fine dining.  

We learned so much from "the lean years".  They taught us how to prioritize/plan for the future/appreciate what we have now.  Lori?  Her money has just allowed her the luxury of being dumb, willfully ignorant, and breathtakingly stupid.  

3 hours ago, Koala said:

I buy Great Value salted/sweet cream butter for $3.24 a box.  And you know what?  Every time I pick up a box, I give it the :my_dodgy: look, because I think $3.24 for butter is highway robbery.  I'm old fashioned that way.  I still remember when I could fill my car to the brim for just over $12.

Lori has no concept of money or making a dollar stretch, and it's a shame, because it would have done her a world of good.  A few months of playing "which bill gets paid/which billS get ingnored" and she'd change her tune right quick.  Or at least clam the hell up.

My husband and I have been very lucky, but we did marry when we were just teens, so there were hard years when we were starting out.  It may be many years in the past, but I do know what it is to pay for gas in change, and think of Hamburger Helper as fine dining.  

We learned so much from "the lean years".  They taught us how to prioritize/plan for the future/appreciate what we have now.  Lori?  Her money has just allowed her the luxury of being dumb, willfully ignorant, and breathtakingly stupid.  

I grew up poor, for my parents booze was more important than their children, and that teached me to feed 2 people for round about 10 € for week when needed. During my last year in professional school I had to live of 600 € Bafög a month, because my orphane pension expired with my 27th birthday, and after paying the important bills of rent, electricity, school fee and travel costs, the remeining amount where 50 € to live of and to pay the 75 € for health insurance. Thanks to german law and my insurance being a public one, I was still considered insured, if I would have became ill or injured, since that was the bill I had to ignore, to make ends meet. And I become pretty angry, when some well of busy body without the experience of beeing poor tell me how to be frugal

When my dad died it took the government a year to process my orphan pension application (200$/month) and to get free insurance through that, they wouldn't allow me to keep his flat either. Thank Rufus for my mom, she is a doctor, so we were able to get by on her paycheck, cover the bills for the funeral and college.

Another friend from medschool wasn't as fortunate. She was 18 when her father died, was still in highschool and had no mum to support her. Again, it took a year until she got her orphan pension. Her dad's uncle, who didn't talk to her dad for the last 20 years of his life took her in. Otherwise she would have ended up homeless. She worked as a nanny for a couple of years to save up money for university.

4 hours ago, Koala said:

It may be many years in the past, but I do know what it is to pay for gas in change, and think of Hamburger Helper as fine dining.  

Unfortunately, we're living that now. Rufus willing that will change soon but we've had quite a few lean years at our age (mid-50's). Fortunately though, I have always been good with money and we've survived. Even though it looks like things will be turning around, I still have a budget done for then and we WILL be sticking to it. I can feed the two of us on about 200 bucks a month, have no problem buying clothes and shoes at Saver's (thrift shop), being happy with a 19 year old truck that starts every time you hit the key (we got our money's worth out of that thing). I don't need new anything and won't buy it until I know I can afford it...including giving up my beloved mani/pedi/wax every 2 weeks (yes, I know it's frivolous but...). 

That bitch wouldn't know frugal if it bit her in the ass...

When my dad got sick and was sent home from work after being told he couldn’t work anymore, he was walking with a cane and having trouble getting around and had fallen a few times. My mom went out and got a full time job on top of her part time job because she knew no one was going to take care of us. Not a single one of her Christian friends chastised her for it. She did what she needed to do. When my dad went on hospice some of my moms friends would come and stay with him while my mom was at work and the kids at work/school. No where in the Bible does it say it’s okay to let others pay your way so you don’t have to work and provide for your family. 

Proverbs 6:6-11 ESV / 47 helpful votes

Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest. How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, 

Lori's Father's Day tribute to Ken was very sweet.  

Just kidding...Lori didn't acknowledge Ken at all.  Those two hate each other.

21 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

The Transformed Wife 2.0 appears to be back on Facebook .  They say  Lori the bitch tried to take them down but failed. Yeah!  Lori pushes all my buttons.

I have to do a garbage run to the dump and I'm going to pretend Lori  is in every bag.  Childish yes but it makes me feel better.

Funny thing is, The (Original) Transformed Wife seems to share a lot of the same basic beliefs as Lori. But 1, she also seems to have a kind soul and 2, she doesn't tell women to just suck it up when something's not right. 

Exhibit A: 

Don’t be silent in your marriage. If something is bothering you speak up! If you feel neglected speak up! If you need more affection speak up! If you feel tempted to to step out of your marriage speak up! If you’re struggling in any area speak up!

Don’t let silence kill your marriage.

If I were a conservative Christian with marriage problems, THIS is the woman I'd want to learn from. Not Monstrous Lori, whose lips never stop flapping, is full of sound and fury, but never says anything good or worthwhile. 

Lindy Johnson says:  "It is so sad, isn't it? People's jaw drop when we tell them we have no intentions for college for our kids. They think we are holding our kids back. I'm surprised they don't call in on us for child neglect!"

Why yes Lindy. Yes I do think you are holding your children back.  Yes I do think you are neglecting them.  Not because everyone should go to college, but because you refuse to allow you children even the possibility of a choice. 

Lindy -- I have absolutely no doubt you are teaching your children that college is the evilest evil that every evil-ed and describe it as as the pit of hell, from the devil, full of satanists humanists secularists atheists feminists and homosexuals. I have no doubt that you make even the thought of attending college a sin and salvation issue.  You most likely teach them that their very souls are at risk.

So yeah Lindy I do think you are neglecting your children and holding them because you insist on making their world smaller and smaller and smaller. You insist on taking away any possibilities of choice, agency, self-determination.  You have taken away their freedom by your insistence on and adherence to strict gender roles and by assuming that you -- not God -- but you know what their futures should be.

I believe there is a special place ... perhaps not in Hell, but certainly not in Heaven ... for people like you and all the other fundies who profess this nonsense and and hurt their children in the process.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lindy Johnson says:  "It is so sad, isn't it? People's jaw drop when we tell them we have no intentions for college for our kids. They think we are holding our kids back. I'm surprised they don't call in on us for child neglect!"

Why yes Lindy. Yes I do think you are holding your children back.  Yes I do think you are neglecting them.  Not because everyone should go to college, but because you refuse to allow you children even the possibility of a choice. 

Lindy -- I have absolutely no doubt you are teaching your children that college is the evilest evil that every evil-ed and describe it as as the pit of hell, from the devil, full of satanists humanists secularists atheists feminists and homosexuals. I have no doubt that you make even the thought of attending college a sin and salvation issue.  You most likely teach them that their very souls are at risk.

So yeah Lindy I do think you are neglecting your children and holding them because you insist on making their world smaller and smaller and smaller. You insist on taking away any possibilities of choice, agency, self-determination.  You have taken away their freedom by your insistence on and adherence to strict gender roles and by assuming that you -- not God -- but you know what their futures should be.

I believe there is a special place ... perhaps not in Hell, but certainly not in Heaven ... for people like you and all the other fundies who profess this nonsense and and hurt their children in the process.

I get wanting to home school your kids because you feel like you can provide a better education for them. But home schooling them to shelter them and take away options is just wrong. 

She is very untreateful for the way she was brought up. She resents her dad for not home schooling her and her siblings. She was given options in life that her kids won’t have. It’s sad.

She’s chosen to home school them and shelter them but she shouldn’t be able to chose if they go to college or not.

12 hours ago, Koala said:

Yeah, I've been known to side-eye the butter price, too. :pb_lol:  Kroger usually has theirs for $2.79, so not TOO horrific. And at the holidays they do a loss-leader sale on Land o' Lakes for $1.99 or sometimes even less, and I'll stock up. But it only keeps in the freezer for so long before it gets a sort of funky flavour to it (still safe to eat, but who wants to eat freezer-flavoured butter?), so I only buy enough for about three months. Then it's back to Kroger brand. 

I'm waiting for the Kerrygold to go on sale, I want to try that and see if it's any better than LoL.

I get so frustrated when fundies like Lindy demand 2 chances at life planning.

They want to plan their own lives, AND the lives of their adult children.  She talks about her daughters not going to college as if it's really her choice.  Makes.me.sick!

People's jaw drop when we tell them we have no intentions for college for our kids. 

Uh, yeah.  They are stunned by the gall it takes to think you will be the one to make decisions for another adult.  

Your children are NOT YOU.  You don't get to make adult decisions for them.  It's not their job to carry on YOUR beliefs/values. Get a grip, lady.  

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

I get so frustrated when fundies like Lindy demand 2 chances at life planning.

They want to plan their own lives, AND the lives of their adult children.  She talks about her daughters not going to college as if it's really her choice.  Makes.me.sick!

Uh, yeah.  They are stunned by the gall it takes to think you will be the one to make decisions for another adult.  

Your children are NOT YOU.  You don't get to make adult decisions for them.  It's not their job to carry on YOUR beliefs/values. Get a grip, lady.  

You can tell that Lindsay has never raised a child to adulthood. Lindsay, honey, at 18 your daughters are free to hop on the back of their boyfriends' motorcycles, drive off, and never see you again. And if you keep on the road your are traveling, that just may happen.

13 minutes ago, Hisey said:

You can tell that Lindsay has never raised a child to adulthood. Lindsay, honey, at 18 your daughters are free to hop on the back of their boyfriends' motorcycles, drive off, and never see you again. And if you keep on the road your are traveling, that just may happen.

Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Yeah, I've been known to side-eye the butter price, too. :pb_lol:  Kroger usually has theirs for $2.79, so not TOO horrific. And at the holidays they do a loss-leader sale on Land o' Lakes for $1.99 or sometimes even less, and I'll stock up. But it only keeps in the freezer for so long before it gets a sort of funky flavour to it (still safe to eat, but who wants to eat freezer-flavoured butter?), so I only buy enough for about three months. Then it's back to Kroger brand. 

I'm waiting for the Kerrygold to go on sale, I want to try that and see if it's any better than LoL.

Our Walmart lowered Kerrygold to 2.88. It's hella better than LoL. <3

4 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I hate Walmart, but I still go in there for one or two items I  can't find anywhere else. I've just added Kerrygold to that little list! Thank you!:bigheart:

17 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Thanks for that!  I've never noticed it, but I just looked it up, and it IS cheaper than GV.  Going to try it out next time I'm there.  :tw_smile:

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived