IGNORED

I would love a Bates family reality show

Guest LilaFowler

Guest LilaFowler

They can take over for the Duggars. Then maybe they could make enough for Lawson to stop supporting the family. I'm itching to know more about Princess Erin and the Bates family.

why would you want a family to get screwed up by such shows? just for your personal entertainment? reality tv is ruining people it is not something that should be encouraged.

I wouldn't wish it on them.

One theme I am seeing in "reality" TV is a lot of non-reality and a whole lot of pain and relational devastation.

A Bates show would be interesting for a while, but I really can't bring myself to want that for them.

How would the Bates family be any different than the Duggar family? Try watching the Duggars but imagine a southern drawl and names that don't match. That's exactly what the Bateses will look like.

As I posted earlier, the Bates are morphing into the Duggars. Where previously they were praised for getting places on time, now they call themselves the "Late Bates" ala "Duggar Time". We've had the excruciating courtship proposal televised, ala Josh and Anna, and we've seen Lawson working ala Josh and John. We've had the tender birthing scenes. We have adorable Jackson instead of 'Hannie and Jackson. About the only differences: Mom does some of the work in the Bates family, the older girls get a room almost alone (except for a toddler), the parents went to college and they have a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest in Bates-dome.

I don't think it'd be a good idea for the reasons stated above. It'd just be a rehash of what happened with the Duggars. Plus, I think I'd puke if I was more exposed to Princess Erin than I am now. :\

But they are starting out as the Duggars having their own special... so who knows. Maybe when TLC gets sick of the Duggars?

I'm guessing that if they've been paid per appearance that those checks are worth way more than the tree service...........I can't blame them for earning money in a very efficient way, but then no one said they needed to have 19 kids either.

Gil and Kelly have said a few times that they don't want a reality show. But I still wouldn't be surprised if they took over for the Duggars if TLC got tired of them. Having a reality show would lessen some of the financial strain that the Bateses have.

I don't think it would pull in the required ratings to stay on the air. Too similar to the Duggars.

If they had a show on at the same time as the Duggars, I do think they wouldn't get decent ratings. But I think if TLC ended the Duggars' show and gave them a show they could do ok in the ratings because most Duggar fans and critics will tune in.

Gil and Kelly have said a few times that they don't want a reality show.

ATI has them as a front family right now--on their "seminar" speakers list, etc. If the leaders of ATI think it's a good idea, then Gil Bates will smile and say "Welcome to the Bates home" ala Jim-Bob way back when.

I do wonder how many converts or suckers the show has drawn into the ATI/IBLP world. Probably not nearly as many as they hoped.

Guest LilaFowler
why would you want a family to get screwed up by such shows? just for your personal entertainment? reality tv is ruining people it is not something that should be encouraged.

Don't for a minute make it seem like I want them to get "screwed up." I never said that. They've been on 19 Kids And Counting several times and are still going strong and seem very happy. Plus they had a special on Primetime or Nightline, so although they said they dont' want to have their own reality TV show, it seems like they're open to it and may change their minds in the future. And Michelle and Jim Bob have been on reality Tv since 2004 and are still together. I bet your bottom dollar Jim Bob and Michelle do not regreat becoming "famous" with their reality show, nor do they regret making the millions upon millions they have made.

The Bates family does entertain me, just like the Duggars do. So you feel free to feel the way you do, and I'll feel free to feel the way I do. I hope they have a TV show one day.

Archived