IGNORED

JinJer 39: Waiting to Meet Their Baby Daughter

Jellybean

17 minutes ago, catlady said:

You ate your daily quota of wings today, right? :)

OMG, I hit up Duffs takeout for dinner. :bangheaddesk:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

I’m from Alaska. 

Yes, I ride a polar bear or dog sled to work. No, we don’t take American currency. Yes, I know Sarah Palin. 

The real question, though, is can you see Russia from your house? ;)

I'm from California. I have a giant swimming pool, have been an extra in lots of movies and TV shows, see celebrities regularly,  and have single handedly ruined Southern Utah, Southern Idaho, Eastern Colorado, and Northern Oregon. Oh, and we all live by the beach.

I'm in philadelphia...everything you've heard is true. "Welcome to philly. Can I bum a smoke? Now go the f home"

6 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

The real question, though, is can you see Russia from your house? ;)

Oh yeah. Definitely. We wave to Putin every morning. 

I live in Las Vegas. No, we don't all live in hotels, yes we have grocery stores and even churches. 

The fucking strip is about 4 miles long and roughly a mile or so wide. There's like 2 million people in the metro area. If we all lived in the hotels, there wouldn't be any room for the fucking tourists.

I was born in Philly. Grew up in Hampton Roads area of VA. 2 of the reasons I'm fucking nuts. Life was stacked against me from jump. 

I'm from England and went to private all-girls boarding school. We played field hockey against Princess E&B's school. Why yes I am distantly related to the Queen and regularly take high tea on the croquet lawn! Tally ho! Jolly good old chap!  

9 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

I'm in philadelphia...everything you've heard is true. "Welcome to philly. Can I bum a smoke? Now go the f home"

But it's always sunny! 

(please tell me that it's exactly like the show. I need to believe)

2 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

But it's always sunny! 

I've never seen it. I guess I should take a look some time lol

North Carolina. Home of Jesse Helms, Nascar and lots of fundies. All we care about is basketball and harassing people about which bathroom they use. 

wait... that's all true. 

Well... I did grow up near a rural part of Ohio where some FFA students drove their tractors to school on a special day. (I lived in town, but remember that this happened in the county schools. We had a great FFA program as well.)

The city in Ohio I most identify with (Cleveland) had a river, the Cuyahoga, that really did catch on fire.

I was raised in Oklahoma (not too far from TTH) in a VERY snooty rich little oil and ranching town. I had a cousin from Texas come to visit who was surprised to see such a big parking lot at the high school in town. He figured most people couldn't afford to drive so they either walked several miles to school or rode their horses. Oh, and he was surprised to see so many of my Native American friends dressing "normally." He seemed really shocked when I laughed at him and pointed out my siblings and I were Native through the other side of our family. Granted, he was 12, but I feel like that is still old enough to know better. I've had adults think strange things about Native Americans as well. Don't even get me started on the lack of knowledge and generalizations concerning "fly over states" in general!

I'm from a farm town on eastern Long Island but it's really just NYC to anyone not from the tri-state area.  :D

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m from Connecticut. We all go to Ivy League Schools, talk in snobby accents, play polo, wear polos, are members of a yacht club, and are liberal elitists. :pb_lol:

Dang! You got them all! I'll add we all go to prep schools.

I lived in Wisconsin for a large part of my life and there we all live on a dairy farm, drink beer like water, love to hunt, and cheese is the only food group. Oh and we all have cheeseheads.

I also thought Baby V was here. 

I grew up in Buffalo, went to school in Minnesota (and want to move back there), my family is from North Dakota, and I now live in California. The lack of understanding on the "coasts" (as Buffalo is-and-is-not the East Coast) that the middle of the country 1. exists and 2. has culture is astounding. 

Yes my family lives in a house. It has electricity. Elton John and P!nk and many others have performed in their area. Some celebrities are from there (Josh Duhamel, Lawrence Welk, Carson Wentz). Yes, it can get hot, over 100 in the summer. It is also BEAUTIFUL and colorful, especially in the summer with the blue blue sky, green green grass, and bright yellow fields of wheat or sunflowers. Oh AND I want to move back to the Midwest when my grad program is done. Newport Beach-ers cannot imagine. 

Holy crap my dudes, you can't do this - I saw the thread was hot and thought that baby was coming! :pb_lol:

I'm Canadian, and an Ontarian, so this is a totally accurate portrayal of myself and my culture:

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I live in Delaware, and most people's first question is "what state is that in?"

I had a woman ask me if Delaware was part of Baltimore once. I couldn't make that up if I tried haha!

1 hour ago, xlurker said:

I'm from NY, no, not that NY!  LOL the rural, mountainous, forested NY.  Most of NY is hours away from that NY  :)

For years we had property Lake George and went often.  Beautiful!  One time, we went up and someone was growing a bunch of pot on our 81 acres.  Too funny. 

I am in Georgia, we all drink sweet tea, belong to the klan and talk trash about the nxxxxx’s. We eat bbq and ambrosia, watch wrestling and drink moonshine. In actuality I did go to a girls boarding school and am a artist with a penchant for traveling. 

59 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I live in Las Vegas. No, we don't all live in hotels, yes we have grocery stores and even churches. 

The fucking strip is about 4 miles long and roughly a mile or so wide. There's like 2 million people in the metro area. If we all lived in the hotels, there wouldn't be any room for the fucking tourists.

I was born in Philly. Grew up in Hampton Roads area of VA. 2 of the reasons I'm fucking nuts. Life was stacked against me from jump. 

We just went to LV for the first time (well, I'd been as a little kid but didn't remember) back in April.  Driving in from CA was funny.. we were out in the middle of absolutely nowhere and then all of a sudden it was like, oh, that's the strip!  I would recognize that anywhere!  But there's so much to do nearby outdoors when it's not the middle of summer... Red Rock is gorgeous and in the metro area, Zion and Death Valley aren't too far away.  I was disappointed by the Bellagio fountains, though, but I should have known better (I'm not a big crowds/ cheesy tourist stuff person). 

Grew up in Indiana. Yes, it was filled with corn, conservatives, and people who irrationally loved college basketball.

I went to college in New England. I ate clams on my pizza, took the train to Manhattan, wore a lot of Ralph Lauren.

Now, I live in Southern California. I work in Hollywood, shop at Farmer's Markets, and I go to a theme park at least one weekend day/month. 

19 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Holy crap my dudes, you can't do this - I saw the thread was hot and thought that baby was coming! :pb_lol:

I'm Canadian, and an Ontarian, so this is a totally accurate portrayal of myself and my culture:

That and Letterkenny pretty accurately describe life in rural Manitoba too. 

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

But it's always sunny! 

Well, it's very popular here in Philadelphia and people seem kind of proud of it. So make of that what you will. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived