IGNORED

JinJer 39: Waiting to Meet Their Baby Daughter

Jellybean

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use to laugh at the stereotype of a kangaroo hopping up the street in Australia until it happened. 

21 minutes ago, kiwi said:

New Zealand = sheep, clean, green, beautiful 

That’s completly true though. :my_heart: NZ!

10 hours ago, What the Fundie said:

I am in Georgia, we all drink sweet tea, belong to the klan and talk trash about the nxxxxx’s. We eat bbq and ambrosia, watch wrestling and drink moonshine. In actuality I did go to a girls boarding school and am a artist with a penchant for traveling. 

You forgot to mention the abysmal Atlanta traffic that makes me want to tear my hair out on a regular basis.

I moved to Georgia as a child from Arizona. I have no intention of returning there but as a result, I am one of the few Georgians who doesn’t use the word “y’all”.

20 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

I am one of the few Georgians who doesn’t use the word “y’all”.

Today is super-casual Friday at my office. The "tradition" is to wear graphic T's (or sweatshirts in the winter). 

My shirt today features a silhouette of the state of Arkansas with a huge gold foil "Y'all" across it. It's my word, and I own it, no matter how long I've been away from the South. lol

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

New Zealand = sheep, clean, green, beautiful 

Hobbits, you forgot the hobbits! :my_biggrin:

I'm from New Jersey. This is definitely how I act in real life off FJ:

Spoiler

source.gif

3 hours ago, motelmum said:

I use to laugh at the stereotype of a kangaroo hopping up the street in Australia until it happened.

Yeah, I can't laugh at that... My parents live close enough to bushland while living in suburbia in a capital city such that when its been dry for too long the Kangaroos may be in their front yard eating the grass (Open the windows at night in summer and you can sometimes hear them grunting).  I believe I have a photo around somewhere of them being in the neighbours front yard as I was leaving my parents place from dinner one evening.  One place that I have lived had about 20-30 metre strips between some of the houses, the Kangaroos lounge under trees there so I could regularly see them when looking out the window.

The tale that amused me though was the Kangaroo on Sydney Harbour Bridge either earlier this year or last year.

The stereotype that's wrong is the we ride in their pouches (pretty sure they would beat us up with their hind legs before that would happen, aside from the room thing...).

5 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Yes!! I have crazy pictures from that storm!! We couldn't even open our doors because the snow was so high! Our vehicles were literally buried! It was fun but crazy! 

we're at the north end of Cheektowaga, so we got "only" two feet; but on the first day, we had sun and blue sky while off to the south, we could see this massive wall of clouds that was burying the Southtowns.  some of my coworkers were housebound for a week.

I live in South Carolina.I had someone ask if I knew how to square dance...lol. I said not since middle school...lol.They also assume we never have snow...not often,but sometimes,we do. I have lived here since I was 18,soon to be 40 years.I also lived here,or in downtown Charleston,as a little girl from age 3-7 .My father taught at Colleges and Universities.I wasn't born here,I was born in Maryland.Baltimore,but I have no memory of it..we moved to Lancaster PA, when I was 4 weeks old.From PA,to SC,to FL for 7 years,to NE Ohio for 3 years..then back to SC>

I say Ya'll.When we go to Ohio,to visit,all my brothers live there..we get mocked or laughed at because we say "Ya'll,and for our accent..lol.

4 minutes ago, melon said:

I say Ya'll.When we go to Ohio,to visit,all my brothers live there..we get mocked or laughed at because we say "Ya'll,and for our accent..lol.

What part of Ohio? because in the part I live Y'all is absolutely a thing. Ohio is so different in different areas though 

(I already made a joke about it, but what the hey - go for the gusto!)

i live in Colorado. It’s got tons of snow, but that somehow doesn’t get in the way of all the hiking and other outdoor exploration we all do pretty much every chance we get. We love eating healthy, and almost every restaurant has locally grown, vegan, and gluten free options available (right next to the green chili), but probably half the food consumption is Doritos and ice cream that can be delivered 24/7 because we have more weed stores than 7-11s. Everybody drives a Subaru Outback/rides their bike/skis to work, has multiple dogs, drinks brews beer, and protests...pretty much everything, but the favorite topic of conversation is how much Denver sucks now that it’s gotten cool enough for everyone to want to move here. We also all have gym memberships, there’s a yoga studio on every corner, and know before we even start dating what camping store we want to use for our wedding registry. 

(And somehwere, I lost the thread of parody...)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived